Do you have a neurotic pet?

Pele Emerging 2012/08/08 05:35:37
Yes, my pet could use a shrink!
No, my pet is normal.
I don't have any pets, but I could use a shrink!
I don't have any pets, but I am normal.
ladybug guru
I have a big, doofie dog who is amazing....except on garbage day. She is afraid of the garbage trucks, so she generally huddles in her 'safe' room (aka my shower). What about you? Do you have a crazy pet, too? (P.S. The dog insists that the cats are just as crazy as she is).
akira1

• Vijay Pawar 2012/08/08 13:18:50
    I don't have any pets, but I am normal.
    Vijay Pawar
  • Pele Em... Vijay P... 2012/08/08 14:19:21
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    Thank you for stopping by to answer. :)
  • Panloker 2012/08/08 13:11:27 (edited)
    Yes, my pet could use a shrink!
    Panloker
    +2
    I have one dog who has some aggression problems, so far no trainer could help him, he is classified as a red zone, I just don't get him, if I hold my face to his face he will growl and show his teeth, yet at the same time he will start licking my face and then drop to the ground and ask for a belly rub..all while growling, one trainer told me that the wiring is loose in his head, I don't think he could be any more right than that.

The other dog..well she is very smart but at the same time she is about as dumb as a bag of rocks, she can be overly hyper and impulsive and does the stupidest of things, At least once a week we have to rescue her from some grave kind of situation that her impulsiveness puts her in.

My most neurotic would be my billy goat, he is extremely bi polar, one second he loves you and the next he is charging you and you find yourself on the ground with him on top off you and you are trying to fight him off. I now have to take one of those bug zappers with me for protection whenever I go into the pasture, the second his head goes down to charge me I hold it up and he immediately backs away. Pretty sad that I had to resort to that :(

All my other animals are crazy in their own ways too, but those three are the worst.

Hey Pele, is your dog a Chow mix?
  • Pele Em... Panloker 2012/08/08 14:22:27
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    Akira is part lab/part chow. Sometimes, I think that's the problem. She's a bit schizo--sort of "I'm a lab, so I'm friendly.....but I'm a chow and I need to protect....but I'm friendly...but watch out!" She's sweet around us, but I'm not sure I'd want to be a stranger who broke into the house and was threatening. I think her chow would take over then.
  • Panloker Pele Em... 2012/08/08 14:35:04
    Panloker
    +1
    So she is not fond of strangers she isn't familiar with? my dog I was told was part Shar Pei, but I always thought that they mistaken the Shar Pei with Chow as some people often do because of the dark tongue., I see more Chow in him and I have googled Chow mix pics with the other breed in him and I found some that look just like my dog. Anyways, my dog has schizo characteristics as well. Actually my friends even gave him the nickname schizo. If my dog has Chow in him as I suspect, then I am wondering if your theory applies to my dog as well.
  • Pele Em... Panloker 2012/08/08 20:17:27
    Pele Emerging
    It's funny, because she doesn't bark at strangers if we're not on her territory, like if we're taking her for a walk, but when someone comes to the house, she sounds very fierce, though her bark is definitely worse than her bite. She's only bitten someone once several years ago under extremely extenuating circumstances. We were having our house reroofed. The noise to take off the old shingles was horrible and when the roofer went into her back yard, she snapped at him. Since then, she's never exhibited any sort of that aggression. She plays with little dogs and is extremely gentle with them, but the roofer who made all that noise in her estimation, was not to be trusted.

She really looks much more lab than chow, but with slightly longer, thicker fur (more like a shepherd) and the darned purple tongue. She's probably the best burglar I could have, though, and less expensive, too. She's so gentle with her people. Never been aggressive to a child or another pet, cats included. Just that roofer!
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/08/08 11:55:08
    Yes, my pet could use a shrink!
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +1
    see left
  • Pele Em... Kat ♪ ~... 2012/08/08 14:22:56
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    Big MEOW!
  • Kat ♪ ~... Pele Em... 2012/08/08 14:26:51
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +1
    Well I had the blonde cat there when I answered.. bond
  • Pele Em... Kat ♪ ~... 2012/08/08 14:28:11
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    I have an orange boy--no white, though. He's a nut, too, but not quite as goofy as the dog, in spite of what the dog thinks.
  • Kat ♪ ~... Pele Em... 2012/08/08 14:33:03
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +1
    He's an 11 year old kitten.
  • Pele Em... Kat ♪ ~... 2012/08/08 20:20:18
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    My Maine coon must be 13 now, but her orange brother is quite a bit younger--about 4 1/2. Got him right before my divorce was final. Time sure flies when you're having fun. ;)
  • Pele Emerging 2012/08/08 05:36:21
    Yes, my pet could use a shrink!
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    All three of them. The dog agrees that the cats are just as crazy as she is.

2014/09/22 06:34:43