Do you forgive easily ?

CXRX 2012/01/23 03:06:19

• Sista Nunya 2012/02/04 16:57:26
  • Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR 2012/02/04 16:34:17
    yes
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +1
    For many yrs. I could not to someone who was a child molester and molested a child in my family. But then the God showed me the way to forgive!! For the child who is a grown person now has FORGIVEN this person as well . We can not for get but we have forgave him!! Jesus forgives our SINS so there for we must forgive also. You can NOT carry that HATE inside of you for it will eat away at you and truly destroy you. When you forgive you are set FREE !! for giveness for giveness
  • ReconMarine~PWCM*AVA*BTTB*JLA* 2012/01/31 17:44:14
  • Will Advocate of PHAET 2012/01/31 17:38:33
    yes
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    +4
    Most things, yes!
  • Soot The Fallen 2012/01/30 23:31:36
    no
    Soot The Fallen
    +2
    And some things will never be forgiven....
  • Lizzy 2012/01/30 18:57:45
    Lizzy
    +4
    I don`t hold Grudges but i do have a Good memory, i`ll walk away from someone if they have done something really awful, there`s only so much you will take off a person.
    If you can longer Trust someone, in your own interests i think you should retreat from that person. Self Preservation has to Prevail.
  • Diana 2012/01/29 04:23:55
    Diana
    +4
    It all depends on what i should forgive.
  • Bibliophilic 2012/01/26 21:36:05
    Bibliophilic
    +4
    I forgive people I know well easily. Or else I'll pretend to forgive them. There is no purpose in holding grudges- I prefer that we are all relatively civil. If someone did something extremely hurtful I'd be offended for a long time, but so far I have not experienced it (fortunately).
  • wazupzm8z 2012/01/26 20:52:42
    yes
    wazupzm8z
    +4
    normally. and i'm not actually sure wether that's good or bad. and it also depends on what the offence was
  • Seamus Rooney 2012/01/26 20:52:35
    Seamus Rooney
    +2
    It is based on what has been done to me, and what the reasoning behind it was. For example, if a man were to kill my brother simply because he was killing people, I would have a much easier time forgiving him than if he had had some sort of personal vendetta against me or my family. But I generally let things go because I don't like to hold on to hate. It makes me feel bad and stresses me out.
  • knoodelhed 2012/01/26 19:15:15
    yes
    knoodelhed
    +4
    As long as the offender accepts responsibility and tells me they're sorry
  • Jon 2012/01/26 17:42:42
    yes
    Jon
    +1
    It can be difficult at time since the person (s) will turn around and do the same thing again and again and never stop and look at what they are doing is wrong. Not forgiving only make you hard heart and no better than the person who you should for give.
    As Jesus said forgive them 10,000 times, which mean to always forgive.
  • David 2012/01/26 16:45:54
    yes
    David
    +2
    70 x 7!
  • intenselyme 2012/01/26 16:43:14
    no
    intenselyme
    +2
    Depends on who and what offense. Deeper the cut less likely i am to forgive.
  • _-T3x4S_M4D3-_ 2012/01/26 15:55:07
  • txDON'T... _-T3x4S... 2012/01/30 05:37:15
  • _-T3x4S... txDON'T... 2012/01/30 15:05:49
  • txDON'T... _-T3x4S... 2012/01/30 22:05:51
    txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry!
    +1
    -T3x4 - How tragic! Sorry for your loss and it's still relatively fresh in your memory. The wrong-doers WILL pay, one way or another. If not in this realm, they WILL in the afterlife.

This may not bring you any comfort but, "Vengeance is MINE, saith the Lord."

He can get your revenge BETTER than any mortal can.

Just recently, my daughter-in-law's half brother called CPS on her and my son who were living with me and my husband at the time. Charges of child abuse were bogus and the cop that was with the CPS lady, quietly looked around our apartment, never sat down, and indicated to the CPS lady that he was busy and had work to do.

She agreed there was nothing to this charge and dismissed him, after we had to remove little Adam's shirt so they could see his little body. I thought I was going to faint, my legs were shaking, I was nauseous and I asked if they wanted his diaper removed as well.

Thank God that wasn't necessary. Anyway, after the lady left, the kids wanted to seek revenge on Josh for what he had put us all through.

I was preaching NON-STOP about revenge being the Lord God's job. I mean for 3 or 4 days that's all I heard from those two.

I KEPT telling them that God can get him back better than they EVER could, of course they didn't believe me, they wanted justice RIGHT NOW. ...

I KEPT telling them that God can get him back better than they EVER could, of course they didn't believe me, they wanted justice RIGHT NOW. I told them to, "Be Still" and KNOW that He IS God.

In a coupla' weeks we got the horrific news that his wife had committed suicide. They looked at me in TOTAL DISBELIEF!

So, know that you ARE a Child of the Most High, and He knows all about your cousin and your friend and if you trust Him, He WILL get your vengeance for you, better than YOU ever could.

I promise!
  • _-T3x4S... txDON'T... 2012/01/30 22:44:10
  • GoodEncounter 2012/01/26 14:27:03
    GoodEncounter
    +2
    That depends on what the person did-
  • txDON'T... GoodEnc... 2012/01/30 05:37:33
  • GoodEnc... txDON'T... 2012/01/30 13:30:36
    GoodEncounter
    +3
    Like if a mate cheated on me, a friend breached a confidence-
  • txDON'T... GoodEnc... 2012/01/30 22:32:09
    txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry!
    +2
    Thank you for sharing. Marital infidelity is a TOUGH one, no doubt! Why should you suffer for what he did? He obviously did not deserve you and it's his loss. When you forgive him, you are in effect healing yourself, that's what forgiveness does.

The friend breaching a confidence is another form of betrayal - that's also a mountain to get over. But you CAN! Your Creator WANTS to avenge you, then the offender is brought to THEIR knees seeking the Powerful Almighty.

Once many moons ago, I was a bartender, the owners of this bar went to Louisiana to gamble and won enough money to buy, not one, but two new Dodge Ram trucks. Knowing these two as well as I did, I asked God why? Why do these questionable type of people get such good gifts?

Why can't I get money like that? So I did the thing many do, when looking for an answer from God, I got my Bible and just blindly opened it, eyes shut and put my finger on a scripture, I was blown away at what my finger come to rest upon.

Psalms 37:1-2. God is so good, even in our blindness He will present Himself. Please, for the sake of your own healing, look that one up.

May His peace come upon you!
  • baboula 2012/01/26 14:18:40
    baboula
    +4
    all depends on what it is - I am very slow to lose my temper, but when I do, there is a silent treatment of at least 3 days
  • GoodEnc... baboula 2012/01/26 14:27:43
    GoodEncounter
    +2
    Exactly!!!!
  • txDON'T... baboula 2012/01/30 05:37:54
    txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry!
    +2
    Depends on what?
  • baboula txDON'T... 2012/02/01 03:11:56
    baboula
    +2
    age or relationship
  • txDON'T... baboula 2012/02/01 04:27:25
    txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry!
    +1
    So you forgive based on age and relationship? Sounds discriminatory. Yes?
  • baboula txDON'T... 2012/02/02 03:58:38
    baboula
    +2
    no The average adult should know better than a child and your family ALWAYS ALWAYS knows how to piss you off (if you have a sibling, enuf said) - a dismissive wave of a hand doesn't bother me unless it is a family member
  • Tigger Too 2012/01/26 11:24:30
    no
    Tigger Too
    +3
    No, I absolutely do NOT forgive easily. I will carry a grudge to the grave, or I will bide my time to get payback. And my payback is evil and ten times worse than what the other person did to me in the first place. Hey, I'm just being honest. It's one of my [few] faults! They didn't call me "Connie Revenge" in high school for nothing! I am one mean bitch toward anybody who pisses me off.
  • Rogue_L... Tigger Too 2012/01/26 14:55:29
  • txDON'T... Tigger Too 2012/01/30 05:48:09 (edited)
    txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry!
    +2
    ooh, ooh, ooh. *NOTE TO SELF: Never travel to Kentucky, might run into Tigger Too."

Who in this world peed in your Post Toasties? Wow! I DO appreciate your blatant honesty, but dang girl, could a child piss you off?   mean woman
  • Tigger Too txDON'T... 2012/01/31 23:44:51
    Tigger Too
    +2
    Actually, I'm a very nice sort of tigger, just not toward those who get me angry! [grrr]
  • txDON'T... Tigger Too 2012/02/01 02:20:05 (edited)
    txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry!
    +2
    Good to know. :D I thought I was talking to a giant molting bi-ped Vaganoramus! Jus  kiddin
  • Tigger Too txDON'T... 2012/02/01 09:39:30
    Tigger Too
    +2
    PLEASE tell me that little chipmunk isn't dead...
  • txDON'T... Tigger Too 2012/02/01 14:24:49
    txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry!
    +2
    Sorry Tig, you know how cats play, . . . too rough for a little chippy :,,,{
  • baboula txDON'T... 2012/02/02 04:05:13
    baboula
    +2
    I saw a cat grab a chipmunk in its mouth, ruun in some bushes and start to play with it. The only reason I think it dropped it when I hissed at it is because it is a neighbors cat and not feral.
  • OnyxRaven 2012/01/26 10:23:24
    no
    OnyxRaven
    +2
    No, I don't really trust people so once someone has earnt my trust and then broken it I can't forgive them too easily.
  • art1ej 2012/01/26 08:03:34
    no
    art1ej
    +2
    i dont but depends on what its about really...
  • zomgitsyoulol 2012/01/26 07:59:17
    zomgitsyoulol
    +4
    oooh....it all depends ^,~

2014/10/01 00:31:27