Do you find yourself more attracted to pretty/conventional beauty or ugly/interesting/characteristic beauty?

.: LiVi :. 2012/05/23 07:40:41
I'm more inclined towards pretty/conventional beauty
I'm more intrigued by character and ugly beauty
Nowadays I find myself more attracted to ugly handsome and interesting characters and though pretty guys are beautiful, I find they all tend to look the same and can lack character and uniqueness. What do you think?

• Anna 2012/08/17 15:32:16 (edited)
    Anna
    +1
    I like them both. I've liked guys who a billion+ other girls will is smoking hot, and I've liked guys that most girls wouldn't even give a pity date. And that's before I even get to know them. For instance there was one guy who I never talked to, but I found him to be the one of the most beautiful people. He was probably about 5'9 or so, give or take a bit, pale, stick thin with hollow cheeks, bad acne scars, slightly pinched lips, a big nose and big ears.
    I know, you girls are lining up to fight me for him. Even I could admit he was kind of ugly, but that didn't stop me from find him attractive. Plus he was more interesting to look at. Every glance revealed something new. Meanwhile the conventionally good looking guys were still nice to look at, and I'd never complain about or pass up an chance to ogle them, but I didn't need to look at them because I already knew exactly what I'd see.
  • .: LiVi :. Anna 2012/08/18 08:22:24
    .: LiVi :.
    Very interesting. I think I feel the same way. I have been equally attracted to really good looking guys and ugly/handsome guys. (Ugly handsome meaning, ugly but in an interesting way that makes them attractive.) Nowadays I value an interesting, characterful face much more than the same old regular-featured pretty boys. :)
  • martin28 2012/06/12 15:05:49
    martin28
    +1
    Appearance usually is first character and personality comes second. I don't like one without the other but for me it's looks. How many people will go up to an unattractive person to find out if their personality is nice so they can fall in love with them?
  • .: LiVi :. martin28 2012/06/13 01:51:41
    .: LiVi :.
    What I meant in my question is that some people are actually attracted to ugly beauty, interesting, character-full but ugly faces. Some people find that attractive, but yeah I understand what you mean.
  • martin28 .: LiVi :. 2012/06/13 06:12:48
    martin28
    Yeah I've seen that a lot I don't know how they can do it but I honestly think of them highly because of it.
  • Rhiarna Banana 2012/06/12 05:57:29
    Rhiarna Banana
    +1
    i know im not beautiful
  • Aly Hart 2012/06/03 00:39:53 (edited)
    Aly Hart
    +1
    It depends on the person. It makes me sad to see people call Gaga or Flo ugly, because they''re not. They're just not conventional.
  • The Unknown Roleplayer 2012/05/29 12:11:30
    The Unknown Roleplayer
    +1
    I mean...
  • Jackal 2012/05/29 08:10:27
  • .: LiVi :. Jackal 2012/05/29 09:56:11
    .: LiVi :.
    +1
    I mean are you attracted to beauty or character?
  • Jackal .: LiVi :. 2012/05/29 09:57:43
    Jackal
    Well... that is still tough, because it is both.

You have the initial attraction which is the superficial stuff. Then you have the deep and intimate attraction which is the character.
  • rootbeer29 2012/05/29 07:41:47
    rootbeer29
    +1
    I don't have a " TYPE " anymore.
  • "SennaKoshiba" 2012/05/29 07:13:10
    "SennaKoshiba"
    +1
    But I like their look to be at leas a LITTLE better than ugly >_>;;;
  • GoreGirl 2012/05/24 04:15:31
    GoreGirl
    +1
    I really wouldn't call it 'ugly', but I do prefer men with Roman noses and men who are thin with lean muscle and tall. It's just my idea of male beauty. My idea of female beauty is a woman who has relatively feminine features, looks good without enhancements, and who has lean muscle. Obviously I'm in the minority, but I just don't prefer the idea of big, buff men oozing testosterone with button noses, or women with no breasts, fake hair and makeup and sunken faces.

tyson ritter body
    bra model
  • .: LiVi :. GoreGirl 2012/05/24 15:32:52
    .: LiVi :.
    Yes but that looks and sounds more like conventional beauty to me. By 'ugly' beauty I literally mean uglyiness that is attractive like Rossy de Palma

rossy de palma

or

danny trejo
    danny trejo

or

Gordon Ramsay
    gordon ramsay
  • GoreGirl .: LiVi :. 2012/05/24 16:54:27
    GoreGirl
    I know what you're saying, but I look more at someone's body and less at their face. Once again that's just my opinion, but yes, I do prefer unconventional above 'pretty'.
  • ~Doll Princess~ 2012/05/24 02:17:59
    ~Doll Princess~
    +1
    I am in favor of stunning females with features that make me swoon. Beautiful, intense eyes, nice nose, full lips, gorgeous hair. Hour glass figure. nice skin. I do prefer them 'classic', if you know what I mean, like from a different era, or Gothic. It is indeed possible to be 'pretty' and of the subculture.

I wish I was perfect in the sense. My personality is quirky enough that'd it ruin the illusion..
  • fairiefang -annoying fashio... 2012/05/23 16:00:17
    fairiefang -annoying fashion snobs everywhere-
    +2
    I wouldn't say ugly...but I don't tend to agree with the mainstream about what's attractive.

For example, the muscly men with the rugged features and buzz cuts look that a lot of women go for puts me to sleep. Nothing exciting to me about that look.
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/05/23 10:43:54
  • User Deactivated 2012/05/23 07:43:48
    User Deactivated
    +1
    I've never been attracted to what most people would call 'conventional beauty' I have always found awkward 'less than average'(only to the majority, not me) types pretty.

2014/10/25 23:02:01