Do you feell children who grow up with a Mom or Dad at Home are better off emotionally than those whose parents both work?

CAPISCE 2012/12/16 17:26:10
Related Topics: Mom, Work, parents, Children, Home

• Rob Clary 2012/12/16 17:37:51
    yes
    Rob Clary
    +7
    It may be 2012 on planet earth, but in our home, it's 1955.
    Our culture has rotted, and the fruit of these vain philosophies are the lost generations of kids. Our kids today are obese, underachieving crybabies.
    Count us OUT of that herd...

• rereblue 2012/12/19 22:38:16
    other
    rereblue
    Both my parents work and I feel like I am emotionally just fine. Sorry to break it to you, but in this day and age both parents HAVE to work to support a family. My parents raised me well, I'm well rounded, and I have a good moral compass. I'm not a baby, I'm independent, I don't need mommy and daddy around all the time to guide me, plus they trust me.

It's the quality of the parenting rather than the quantity.
  • sunniday 2012/12/19 16:39:13
    other
    sunniday
    Times change,these days BOTH parents must work in order to provide what children need
    with cost what they are,most children are more resilient because they learn resonsibility from this ,but the parents should make sure there is no adverse reactions,as with anything depends on child & circumstances.
  • Ripley 2012/12/18 20:56:18
    other
    Ripley
    yes but it would also depend on that parent.
  • cc 2012/12/18 06:39:26
  • **yuri-the-emo** 2012/12/17 17:31:31
    no
    **yuri-the-emo**
    i dont think so
  • S Perkins 2012/12/17 13:20:46
  • EvilMonkey 2012/12/17 05:54:31
    yes
    EvilMonkey
    +1
    I grew up with my mom at home until I was 6 and in the second grade. My brother who is 5 years younger had babysitters. I did much better than he did in school annd in my early career. He had years of trouble during and after high school before he turned it around. I think its important to have a parent there during those early formative years.
  • Bothergirl 2012/12/17 04:35:36
    yes
    Bothergirl
    I did. It was my Dad and sister that screwed me up. ; )
  • Lerro DeHazel 2012/12/17 02:09:33
    no
    Lerro DeHazel
    That is too vague . . .
  • Linnster 2012/12/16 23:21:17
    yes
    Linnster
    +1
    Yes, I do. My sisters and I grew up with mom at home and my sisters were fortunate enough to be able to stay home and raise their children. Unfortunately, not every family is that lucky and need two incomes.
  • Buzzymuzzwelle 2012/12/16 22:11:21
    other
    Buzzymuzzwelle
    +1
    We own our own business. We keep our kids close. Buzzy
  • Tattoo Nana 2012/12/16 21:22:18
    other
    Tattoo Nana
    +1
    I do believe that a child who has a parent at home all the time, benefits from having the morals and beliefs you want them to have. Unfortunately, many kids today have a single parent or both parents must work to survive and those kids have to attend daycare. If this is the case, I always chose a home care setting and made sure I KNEW the person who was with the kids. This way my child was in a setting with only a few kids and was around an adult that i approved of. Kids age 0-5 are like sponges, and they will develop the majority of their morals and beliefs during this time as well. Obviously, it would be best for the child to learn these from their own parent.

I was lucky when my kids were little and I was able to stay home, until my twins started school. Then I went to school and got my CDL's and started to work driving trucks. We did without a lot of things in order for me to stay home with the kids though. You have to decide what's more important and if it's even financially feasible to stay home. Obviously you must eat and have a roof over your head and that is more important than being home. You just have to analyze your own situation and set your priorities.

I also VERY much believe that it Takes a Village to Raise a Child!! Choose your village carefully and you'll have well adjusted kids grow into productive adults!!
  • AM 2012/12/16 19:30:12
  • rand 2012/12/16 19:23:16
    other
    rand
    +1
    It really depends on the parents and what access children have to other adults. My wife was able to stay home with our children and they appreciated it, but it was what she wanted. A mother/father who resents having to stay at home wouldn't do as well.
  • Kidasha 2012/12/16 19:02:52
    no
    Kidasha
    +1
    Both my parents worked and I turned out fine
  • Todd 2012/12/16 18:56:27
    other
    Todd
    +1
    I feel like when a child has a lot of contact with their parents they will be smarter. The parents can talk to the kids more and steer them in a correct direction when they are around to do so. If the parents are always gone the kid get's raised by the television. graph income vs test score
  • Simone Seitz 2012/12/16 18:52:36
    other
    Simone Seitz
    I wouldn't know. I had divorced parents so i didnt have this option. Most of my friends have divorced parents too.
  • Fashionable60s 2012/12/16 18:44:02
    yes
    Fashionable60s
    +2
    If parents are mature, caring, nurturing and committed to their responsibilities of raising children, yes. Too many parents work because they must and have to leave their children with caregivers. However with loving, stable, intelligent and warm caregivers children can thrive better than if they live with both parents who don't have time for them or too selfish to care.
  • Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA 2012/12/16 18:29:53
    other
    Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I think it depends more on the home enviroment than it does with having both parents working or not
  • Aloria 2012/12/16 18:19:12
    yes
    Aloria
    +1
    When my babies were born we practiced a very meager lifestyle,small house,older car,our own "wants" set aside so I could stay home and nuture them.I have zero regrets in time we surpassed friends financially who werent willing to make the sacrifices for their children using finances as an excuse, when it really was about priorities.My kids are good people,I am proud as hell of them:)
  • ~*~Denai ~*~ 2012/12/16 18:15:55
    other
    ~*~Denai ~*~
    +1
    What matters is how Mom and Dad are involved in their children's lives, practice good parenting, and love their children. If a set of working parents are at home and sit down to the dinner table with their children and their children have a chance to talk to their parents about their day or discuss things...that is building upon a great foundation for their family.
  • Peewee ~PWCM~JLA 2012/12/16 18:10:55
    yes
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    I see the results almost daily.
  • User Deactivated 2012/12/16 18:08:55
    yes
    User Deactivated
    +3
    In most cases.
  • themadhare ~IJM 2012/12/16 18:03:20 (edited)
    other
    themadhare ~IJM
    +2
    Not necessarily; there's plenty of conventional, two parent horror stories out there.
  • john.newell.771 2012/12/16 18:03:03
    yes
    john.newell.771
    +2
    It is a proven fact, if the mom (preferably) is a decent person. If they are like most of the slugs having children, today, the kids would be better off in orphanages. If the parents have no morals or standards to contribute to children they probably do more harm than good.
  • Kronan_1 2012/12/16 17:59:33
    no
    Kronan_1
    +2
    I voted YES. Most assuredly YES. I grew up in a 2 parent home and it's what I know. I've seen children of divorce. Some have long lasting anger and others have a loss they feel needs validated. When I took my 3 grandchildren into my home , I saw an immediate transformation in their behaviour. All they wanted was unconditional love from a man and a woman who loved each other. They are better behaved and are doing better in school. The teachers have commented how much better the older 2 were doing. We have allowed their mother to come home and live with them and she is now taking up a lot of responsibilities that before she didn't want. Drugs and alcohol ruled her life but, not now. must mention ,she was a child of divorce and lived with her mother until I quit driving truck .
  • Rod 2012/12/16 17:53:22
    yes
    Rod
    +2
    "Most" of the time it is better to have a stay at home parent. Children that don't have a parent at home have it harder overall. That doesn't mean that they will turn out bad however. I believe that having a parent at home gives children an advantage.
  • VVyeth 2012/12/16 17:52:20
    other
    VVyeth
    +1
    It really depends. For example I was raised by my grandparents, never knew my father, and never spent any time with my mother. Emotionally I've been a disaster since both grandparents passed away as I always thought of them as "mother/father; so I would think circumstance means a lot.
  • sunniday VVyeth 2012/12/19 16:50:49
    sunniday
    +1
    I can relate to what you say,I was raised by my grandmother until I became a teenager,never knew my father & not much time with mother,when my son was born I became an over protective parent & my son suffered but I did not realize until he became an adult & had children of his own,but because of this he is a very good father & a son I am so proud of,but he is now divorced,& a workaholic.
  • Magical Mushroom 2012/12/16 17:46:58
    yes
    Magical Mushroom
    +2
    as a child of a single mother who was at work all the time I would have grown up alot better if they were at home.
  • Anonymouse ~superdoge~ 2012/12/16 17:45:56
    yes
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +3
    Hence why there's so much moral depravity nowadays...
  • dan 2012/12/16 17:40:41
    yes
    dan
    +1
    Amen brother you got that right
  • Zepland 2012/12/16 17:39:35
    yes
    Zepland
    +3
    Yes! Absolutely!
    The happiest and most assured times of my life were when my Mother was home and available to me at any time. I was free to be happy and secure. My Mother talked to constantly and guided through every little thing. She always had a smile for me and really loved me deeply.
  • Rob Clary 2012/12/16 17:37:51
    yes
    Rob Clary
    +7
    Count us OUT of that herd...
  • Zepland Rob Clary 2012/12/16 17:43:08
    Zepland
    +4
    Good work.
    Remember to smile at them, they crave your happiness because to them you are the world.
    Guide them with love Dad.
  • Aloria Rob Clary 2012/12/16 18:22:12
    Aloria
    +3
    Me patting you on the back,you made my day and warmed my heart too,I wish all kids could have the experience of responsible loving parents............ pat on back
  • saturda... Rob Clary 2012/12/16 18:27:45
    saturdayschild
    +4
    Damn well said!
  • Irene Cochran 2012/12/16 17:32:41
    other
    Irene Cochran
    +1
    I,m not sure,I think it depends on how much love and attention the parents give their children when they are with them.Children adapt easily to routines,so if they go to daycare everyday,it,s their routine,they get to where they look just as forward to it and then forward to seeing Mom and Dad when they pick them up.
  • byz 2012/12/16 17:32:35
    other
    byz
    not necessarily.
  • L1 2012/12/16 17:32:19
    other
    L1
    +3
    Only if the family is not dysfunctional. My mom stayed at home, but my parents did not have a good marriage, so it was a war zone, not a haven...

2014/09/21 04:04:29