Do you feel like sometimes you don't belong here?

DOUBLE D :-) 2008/07/03 02:42:28
yes
no
sometimes
dont know

• AZNangel715 2008/07/03 16:41:23
    yes
    AZNangel715
    +3
    Sometimes I do feel like I want to crawl away into a corner and disappear forever. I've had some really tough experiences when I was younger and they were horrible too. No one try to argue and compare their experiences with mine. I could've died. But the fact is, I'm strong enough to survive through each day knowing there are people that care for me.

• rmb 2010/01/12 05:10:37
    yes
    rmb
    +1
    i dont feel i belong here, not in a im down on myself way just that i i feel iv done whatever i was ment to do and im just buying out my time... sometimes i wish i could sleep n never wake, but others i soldier on just for the sake of it
  • weasel 2009/02/10 17:02:18
    yes
    weasel
    like here hah
  • Amanda (Endless Nights) 2008/07/20 11:06:13
    yes
    Amanda (Endless Nights)
    all the time.
  • Ben Dare-In God I Trust. 2008/07/11 15:59:12 (edited)
    yes
    Ben Dare-In God I Trust.
    I believe most everyone feels at odds with the world in which they live. It is during this/these times when the outside world seems unappealing internal reflection/contemplation can be sought. True happiness comes from within. We are not taught how to seek that happiness, however.
  • fisher 2008/07/04 00:49:49
    dont know
    fisher
    +2
    do you mean on sh no i feel like i belong here............but somtimes i dont feel like i belong in my town
  • AZNangel715 2008/07/03 16:41:23
    yes
    AZNangel715
    +3
  • The Beaver 2008/07/03 11:59:28
    no
    The Beaver
    +3
    We are all here for a reason, whether we like it or not we just have to adjust and make the best of it.
  • sioux~Proud American 2008/07/03 11:01:57
    sometimes
    sioux~Proud American
    +2
    Everybody feels that way sometimes. You just have to keep on knowing you are here for a purpose. This is a nice place to come to fit in if you don't somewhere else. Usually people here are less judgmental. A lot of us have been here awhile and have learned a few things. Don't be afraid to ask. People do care about you even if you think they don't. I got sick and never knew how many people's lives I had affected. Just because you don't know them, doesn't mean you haven't affected their lives in a positive way. Everybody is special in their own way.
  • Mollydolly 2008/07/03 07:03:24
    yes
    Mollydolly
    +1
    Lately I've been feeling more like, "Hey, damn I have as much right as the next person to be here". But at times I can turn on myself. when I was younger I was very suicidal. Had very messed up parents. My dad was verbally abusive and always putting not only me but my mom and my sisters down. Everything was negative. I hated my self. I just wanted him to love me. found out years later he was pretty much incapable of something like that. I was lucky to have a good friend in JR Hi and part of High School until she screwed me and then it was back to hating myself again. I always felt like I deserved all the crappy things that people said or did to me. After I moved out I started drinking too much and finally, I still don't know how, probabley like my guardian angel or something, I called a therapist that a friend of mine saw. Wowzer. It felt like a miracle. she made me feel so much better just being able to talk about it. And boy did I talk. 20 years later I still feel if it weren't for her I might be dead. Instead now I trust myself and my opinions. If other's get negitive with me I can ignore them or call them on it. i still have foibles but all in all I believe I am a pretty good person and my good friends seem to think so too.
  • Emily MCRmy [FTDM!!!!] 2008/07/03 06:40:51
    no
    Emily MCRmy [FTDM!!!!]
    +1
    Do you mean here on sodahead? Or HERE in general like the world.
    Either one I think I belong.
    Even if it's not with you, or the next person. There's someone somewhere I fit in with. Someone, somewhere who cares.
  • loky 2008/07/03 03:29:37
    no
    loky
    +1
    Everyone has a right to answer any pole that is not blocked to you or over your age limit. If you are a teen , there could be a few poles you should avoid.
  • Carole 2008/07/03 03:02:42
  • HairlessKat the Gnostic 2008/07/03 02:45:35
    dont know
    HairlessKat the Gnostic
    depends,, no I dont feel like I dont belong here on sodaheads,, but I do sometimes feel like I dont belong here in this world.... depends feel sodaheads feel world
  • Bobbye Leigh :) 2008/07/03 02:44:15
    yes
    Bobbye Leigh :)
    +3
    sometimes I do feel like I'm not wanted or needed and I have tried to end my life because of that feeling.
  • DOUBLE ... Bobbye ... 2008/07/03 02:52:52
    DOUBLE D :-)
    +1
    what happen?
  • Bobbye ... DOUBLE ... 2008/07/03 02:56:17
    Bobbye Leigh :)
    +1
    Just didn't feel like I belonged anywhere and I was having huge family problems so I put a gun to my head and almost pulled the trigger. I would have too if my friend hadn't called me and talked me out of it...
  • DOUBLE ... Bobbye ... 2008/07/03 03:00:27
    DOUBLE D :-)
    hey don't feel bad i went through the same shit but one of my good friends came over and it became the same day i found out my friend past away from cancer so it made it hard but she was there by my side to say lifes better than that
  • Bobbye ... DOUBLE ... 2008/07/03 03:04:55
    Bobbye Leigh :)
    I just sometimes can't stand it anymore, you know? I just can't handle the crap in my life...
  • DOUBLE ... Bobbye ... 2008/07/03 03:06:42
    DOUBLE D :-)
    +1
    hey im with you there the only reason im still here is because my fiance if it wasn't for him i would care less and not be here
  • Bobbye ... DOUBLE ... 2008/07/03 03:16:19
    Bobbye Leigh :)
    +1
    dude, if it wasn't for three people that I met on here I wouldn't be here right now...I would be 6 feet under the ground...they are my best friends...tired old man, tj and josh...
  • DOUBLE ... Bobbye ... 2008/07/03 03:18:00
    DOUBLE D :-)
    +1
    see thats what kinda of changed me to was meeting cool people on here
  • Bobbye ... DOUBLE ... 2008/07/03 03:19:45
    Bobbye Leigh :)
    +2
    well, two of those people are now sorta family...lol...tired old man is my gramps, josh is my big brother and tj is my best friend in the whole world...tj's the one who called me that night...
  • DOUBLE ... Bobbye ... 2008/07/03 03:22:07
    DOUBLE D :-)
    +1
    well that shows that there are friends out there that do care which is huge lol. friends seem to be there more when you need them than any obdy else you know?
  • Bobbye ... DOUBLE ... 2008/07/03 03:23:56
    Bobbye Leigh :)
    +2
    ya...I mean, my friends are my family...my little brother is my best friend and everyone else that's in my family is like, i dunno, pushed aside...like I don't care about my family as much as I do about my friends cause my friends are my family...
  • DOUBLE ... Bobbye ... 2008/07/03 03:26:36
    DOUBLE D :-)
    +1
    yup! the other day my mom told me to give my dad a beannie when i was born and he came to me and told me to throw it away and i told him what it was and all he got to say was o and put it back in his room how f$$$ed up is that?
  • Bobbye ... DOUBLE ... 2008/07/03 03:30:34
    Bobbye Leigh :)
    +1
    omg! what my dad does is he'll walk in the manshon and look at me and calls me a "stupid mistake".
  • DOUBLE ... Bobbye ... 2008/07/03 03:31:31
    DOUBLE D :-)
    yeah and he calls me a bitch
  • Bobbye ... DOUBLE ... 2008/07/03 03:35:29
    Bobbye Leigh :)
    +2
    I'm sorry...
  • Squint Bobbye ... 2008/07/03 03:43:32 (edited)
    Squint
    +4
    Hun, I think one of the things you find out over time is that friends are always our saviors. We are given family but we choose and select our friends. Equally important they select us, family doesn't. Make the best of your family, but you will someday be at your best because of your friends.

Hang in their sweetie, you are our future. And, you may not see it yet but our future is in good hands!
  • Bobbye ... Squint 2008/07/03 03:47:47
    Bobbye Leigh :)
    +3
    thanks, but...idk...sometimes I can't help the way I feel...like now I feel kinda empty...
  • Ken Bobbye ... 2008/07/03 12:48:52
  • Mollydolly Bobbye ... 2008/07/03 07:18:12
    Mollydolly
    +3
    hey angel, Tired old man is one of my favs too. Glad to hear he's keeping his good name. In reading your story here I so see myself years ago. I can see that look on your face in your avitar. I would like to hug you and make you safe. No perv stuff just friend stuff. One of the things that helps me is to imagine what I would like things to be like. big fantasies. Helps to block out the negative comments people make. Gives you a goal to look forward to. It's like... ok I'm 18 and hating school and everything and I just want to crawl into a hole or jump off a cliff. Then I think ok when I'm 25 what to I want to be doing. Hmmm. Live in New York City. Have my own apartment, my own space. Meet a good guy. Have tons of friends and fun. A cool job working with my art and never cry at night. Then I would make up stories about guys who looked like Christopher Reeves and would take me to these fancy resturants and dancing. Stuff like that. I don't give a hoot about what anyone would say to me about not living in the real world. It helped and it kind of worked. I didn't get to date Chris Reeves but I did get to meet him a couple of times at this place I worked. I got to meet lots of famous people. It was cool. I learned to be more cool. My parents never got it but hey that's their prob. I tell ...
    '
    hey angel, Tired old man is one of my favs too. Glad to hear he's keeping his good name. In reading your story here I so see myself years ago. I can see that look on your face in your avitar. I would like to hug you and make you safe. No perv stuff just friend stuff. One of the things that helps me is to imagine what I would like things to be like. big fantasies. Helps to block out the negative comments people make. Gives you a goal to look forward to. It's like... ok I'm 18 and hating school and everything and I just want to crawl into a hole or jump off a cliff. Then I think ok when I'm 25 what to I want to be doing. Hmmm. Live in New York City. Have my own apartment, my own space. Meet a good guy. Have tons of friends and fun. A cool job working with my art and never cry at night. Then I would make up stories about guys who looked like Christopher Reeves and would take me to these fancy resturants and dancing. Stuff like that. I don't give a hoot about what anyone would say to me about not living in the real world. It helped and it kind of worked. I didn't get to date Chris Reeves but I did get to meet him a couple of times at this place I worked. I got to meet lots of famous people. It was cool. I learned to be more cool. My parents never got it but hey that's their prob. I tell you this cause I feel a connection with you. Whatever so...
    take or leave what I've said but know that you can always write me and I am always happy to listen. Trust me hang in there it does get better. I never thought it would myself and wow what a surprise.
    Hugs
  • Joshua ... Bobbye ... 2008/07/08 00:31:48
    Joshua Martin
    +2
    aww...thanks angel...nd im glad you ddnt kill ur self i love u way too much..
  • Anjirocks Bobbye ... 2008/07/03 07:53:45
    Anjirocks
    +4
    please don't do anything stupid sweetie....

you're so young, you have so much life to live!!!

i know things have been really hard for you lately and you've experienced a lot of loss in your life but you will start to feel better eventually.

have you looked into getting counselling? it really helped me. i had severe clinical depression when i was your age (and technically still have it but the medication really helps!!) and was very suicidal, but i got past it and you can too.

there are people out there who can help you, if you find yourself feeling suicidal often PLEASE talk to a counsellor or a doctor!!

and remember there are people on this site who care as well, i'm here if you need to talk *hugs*
  • loky Bobbye ... 2008/07/03 03:40:25
    loky
    +1
    Sweetie, thats not an option. Once you have done it, there is no turning back. You hurt your family. If they are the cause of it. Hell I would stick around just to piss them off. Remember. When you hit bottom ,there is only one way to go. UP! Everything changes all the time. Nothing ever stays the same in anyones life. I promise. This to shall pass and things will get better. Sit back and make sure that its not you that is cutting your nose off to spite your face. I have been there and done that. You get more flies with honey than poo ! Took me a while to figure that out, but when I did, things were a lot better for me.
  • Bobbye ... loky 2008/07/03 03:42:44
    Bobbye Leigh :)
    +2
    I just don't know...I mean, sometimes I feel empty...like I don't feel any emotions what so ever...
  • loky Bobbye ... 2008/07/03 03:54:27
    loky
    +1
    Thats called mentally worn out. Happens to everyone at some point. No matter how old you get . I am 41 years old and still feel that way sometimes . It always passes. Hang in there, Wait and see if I am not right . It will go away. I promise.
  • Bobbye ... loky 2008/07/03 04:01:33
    Bobbye Leigh :)
    +1
    I've felt like this for about 3 months...
  • Suffere... Bobbye ... 2008/07/11 06:57:57
    Sufferer ♏ⒶRGⒶR☝†E
    Find something to put all of yourself into, find a passion. I can't say there's some easy cure to what your feeling, but try many avenues, safe avenues.
  • Squint Bobbye ... 2008/07/03 03:55:53
    Squint
    +2
    Sad is an emotion. You're feeling that...

I know there are times when life feels empty, sometimes, even black. You will not belive how full, and excited and bright your life will be in the future.

2014/11/28 03:04:07