Do you ever start things but never finish them?

vitaminanime 2010/08/14 07:37:30
I do... I start things ,but i never finish them. that is my fatal
flaw. if i finished things i started i might be a movie star, have
straight a's, be a concert musician, a national champion cheerleader,
Olympic gymnast, competitive dancer...all things i started, but never
finished...i have the potential, but i quit too easily, and that is my vice. What can i do to overcome it?

• meganator 2010/08/18 00:00:10
    meganator
    +1
    i do that all the time with piano songs i have like 4 songs that i dont know the end of
  • vitamin... meganator 2010/08/18 00:43:02
    vitaminanime
    i used to play the piano but i now only know how to play one song
  • meganator vitamin... 2010/08/18 00:52:20
    meganator
    +1
    thats cool i play the piano cause i dont understand the gutiar
  • Y'aqob Ha-Ikar 2010/08/15 11:25:25
    Y'aqob Ha-Ikar
    first off...you will stop doing that when you find a vocation or activity that you can truly devote your life to. I have given up on plenty of things and I often think to myself, "thank God I gave up on that stupidty/futility". Obviously there is no guarantee that you will find that one thing or several things. I am blessed because I did. I can devote everything to my chosen vocation. As it pertains to the small projects...keep them in front of you. Put them out on your desk...put up pictures of goals on the tack boar...do whatever but keep them out in the open to claw and gnaw until you give in and finish. Try your best to make a mental inventory. It may be hard since you yourself admit you are commitment challenged....but try to keep a register of what you want to accomplish this day, week month, year....and keep stock of if you are working towards accomplishing those goals. I have written down my life goals and I make sure that every day I am doing something to work towards those goals. If there is a day I get lazy or distracted and I don't do it....I feel I can't sleep and that results in some sleepless nights catching up for my procrastinations/laziness. Lastly, don't be afraid to fail. I don't know if that is a problem with you but I know it was and is with m...
    first off...you will stop doing that when you find a vocation or activity that you can truly devote your life to. I have given up on plenty of things and I often think to myself, "thank God I gave up on that stupidty/futility". Obviously there is no guarantee that you will find that one thing or several things. I am blessed because I did. I can devote everything to my chosen vocation. As it pertains to the small projects...keep them in front of you. Put them out on your desk...put up pictures of goals on the tack boar...do whatever but keep them out in the open to claw and gnaw until you give in and finish. Try your best to make a mental inventory. It may be hard since you yourself admit you are commitment challenged....but try to keep a register of what you want to accomplish this day, week month, year....and keep stock of if you are working towards accomplishing those goals. I have written down my life goals and I make sure that every day I am doing something to work towards those goals. If there is a day I get lazy or distracted and I don't do it....I feel I can't sleep and that results in some sleepless nights catching up for my procrastinations/laziness. Lastly, don't be afraid to fail. I don't know if that is a problem with you but I know it was and is with me. I would go out and set off on a goal and buy equpment or knowhow and get all psyched up and think oooh yeah this is going to happen....and then I freeze...oh no...but what if I fail!!???!?!?! And I sit there petrified and don't do anything. And all the capital I invested and plans just sit there. So with prayer and a diet of the mind I set out to do things. I experimented with no till buckwheat under straw this late summer with plans to undersow clover on the field once the bucwheat has reached a certain height....after the buckwheat reaches that I am going to cut it down...perhaps harvest the seeds...not sure about that yet, cut the clover short and sow seed balled winter rye in the clover and cover with a buwheat mulch. I was not sure how it would work out when I started...I have no experience with field crops...I don't want to look like a fool....but...hey the seeds are bought....might as well broadcast them. So far I am happy with the results....The buchwheat is up.....and I have learned that I need to improve my freehand broadcasting haha....but that is the point I have learned what works, what doesn't work and what I need to improve on...and my successes give me the will to go on...and one thing is for sure....there will be no success if you are not willing to expose yourself to failure.....the surest way to fail is to never try.
  • Michaela 2010/08/14 22:07:34
    Michaela
    +1
    It's ot my fatal flaw (more like being stubborn) but, it's true, I can never finish things when I start them UNLESS it's something Im REALLY dedicated to, or really belive in or love, like my dream/ambition/hope to be a famous/proffesional singer, maybe on broadway, even though it is doubtful.
  • vitamin... Michaela 2010/08/14 23:24:31
    vitaminanime
    me too i have the talent but not the dedication
  • Michaela vitamin... 2010/08/15 00:06:55
    Michaela
    +1
    Ohh I have both....usually haha. I hope!
  • themadhare ~IJM 2010/08/14 15:54:49
    themadhare ~IJM
    +2
    well sometimes when I
  • tweety 2010/08/14 15:54:36
    tweety
    +1
    I do that a lot. It's one of those things I have finished yet!
  • Chibi 2010/08/14 08:58:21
    Chibi
    +2
    I do that all the time. I've started stories, songs, music videos, websites, and just creative ideas. I start many things but I don't finish half of them.
  • vitamin... Chibi 2010/08/14 23:26:22
    vitaminanime
    +1
    me too! EXACT same thing here!
  • Chibi vitamin... 2010/08/15 01:32:03
    Chibi
    +1
    Annoying isn't it? You feel so good starting and then you just don't have the drive halfway through lol. Then you don't feel accomplished. :/
  • vitamin... Chibi 2010/08/15 05:45:58
    vitaminanime
    +1
    ExACTly!
  • Chibi vitamin... 2010/08/15 06:10:49
    Chibi
    *sigh* Darn those short attention spans!

2014/07/24 10:51:40