Do you ever sit in a sauna or steam room to get rid of the toxins in your body ?

True~Male 2007/07/17 02:42:30
5 votes
45%
6 votes
55%
Most gyms and health clubs have saunas and steam rooms , its a proven fact that the heath benefits from both are great. And also a great way to rid the body of toxins .

Question Closed

• sam 2007/09/21 15:28:50
    sam
    Body wraps too.
  • River 2007/07/17 23:49:40
    River
    But it is not a public one. My mother has one in her house. I use it in the winter to burn the chill out of me.
  • John 2007/07/17 18:46:31
    John
    Not recently but I haven't seen a man like that in a towel in one in a long time either!
  • Patrick 2007/07/17 12:38:33
    Patrick
    +1
    In Florida all you have to do is sit outside and the heat and humidity will do the same or more if your not careful.
  • Rbosco 2007/07/17 05:27:39
    Rbosco
    +1
    I just do it because it makes me feel good. Im glad its healthy
  • Scott 2007/07/17 04:23:00
    Scott
    I never understood this whole "toxins in our body" concept. What do you think our liver does? I have yet to read any medical journals that talk about toxins and steps we need to take to get rid of the toxins in our body.

Besides that...I just like siting in saunas for fun. I don't think its good to do after a work out but ehhh, nice to do anyways.
  • True~Male Scott 2007/07/17 05:06:52
    True~Male
    YES IT REALLY DOES RID THE THE TOXINS OUT OF OUR BODIES -- MY DOCTOR IS THE ONE TO TELL ME OF THIS PLUS I HAVE DONE MUCH RESERCH TO PROVE ITS HEALTHY -- DO A GOOGLE SEARCH AND YOU'LL SEE SOME POSITIVE INFO--THEN GIVE IT A TRY , I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.
  • Scott True~Male 2007/07/17 05:25:18
    Scott
    +1
    What kind of research? Throw me some links if you got them, I would love to read up on any lit you got talking about toxins in the body.

From my understanding Allopathic medicine does not support the idea that the body has "toxins" which must be flushed out for a healthy body. By toxins I mean the ones which alternative medicine and "detox kits" refer to. If we were to have toxins in our body, we would then grow sick. A real toxin, like Heavy Metal Toxins, would be an example. If large amounts exist in your blood stream, you get sick.

If you were talking about something else, let me know. I haven't read a whole lot on the subject but here is one thing I was talking about: Article from the Guardian
  • True~Male Scott 2007/07/17 05:32:14
    True~Male
    +1
    the toxins in food and beverages - the air you breathe , its all toxic -- research comes from articles in nevwspapers and internet and doctors and my sister who is a nurse -- george burns and bob hope both had home steam rooms and saunas and lived to be 100 -- it very healtyh for us
  • Scott True~Male 2007/07/17 05:42:28
    Scott
    I don't doubt that steam rooms are healthy...sweating is great for the body! I just don't believe in toxins from food and air pollutants can be "sweated out" or even taken out of our body by "purification" kits (a sketchy industry btw).

That was the point i was making: Allopathic medicine (the guys in the white lab coats) do not believe in those types of toxins. We have a liver and kidney, our body uses it as a natural filter for "toxins" in foods and beverages.

Go read the link I posted....modern medicine has yet to acknowledge those types of toxins.

But really its a matter of what camp you fall into and where your beliefs lie in medicine.
  • Juli 2007/07/17 04:03:01
    Juli
    +1
    I have but not on a regular basis. I like the steam room better than the sauna - too dry for me.
  • True~Male 2007/07/17 02:44:20
    True~Male
    YES , ABOUT 3 to 4 times a week. Its great and it really helps me sleep if I go to the gym and sit in the sauna and steam room in the evening
  • Juli True~Male 2007/07/17 04:05:25
    Juli
    +1
    Good for you. I don't have the energy to go to the gym plus I have too many health problems at this time. I hope to go back, though. I just go out my door to the swimming pool and swim for 30 to 45 minutes.

2014/10/22 12:19:48