Do You Care What Happens To Your Body After You Die?

Geezertalk 2009/07/24 20:55:39

• Headhunter 13 2010/03/01 13:42:36 (edited)
    Headhunter 13
    Only because my kids said they would not have me taken to the taxidermist, have me mounted and put in either of their living rooms.

PS I am an organ donor so those part may get spoken for
  • Trevor 2010/03/01 02:30:04
    Trevor
    +2
    I'm donating my body to organ transplantation and medical research. After all, I'm not using it. After they're done with it –assuming there's anything still kicking around– just dump me in a hole and plant a tree over the grave. Then part of me will get to be a tree.
  • purpleicecreamvan<3 2009/09/01 09:11:59
    purpleicecreamvan<3
    Not really, but I'd like to be an organ donor :)
  • Trevor purplei... 2010/03/01 02:15:18
    Trevor
    +2
    Then register to be one. The process for it is usually very easy depending on where you live. One doner can potentially save the lives or livelihoods of 80 people.
  • purplei... Trevor 2010/03/01 18:32:02
    purpleicecreamvan<3
    i did it a few weeks ago :)
  • Killjoys Queen 2009/08/28 13:35:53
    Killjoys Queen
    Yes, I actually do...
    That's why I've decided that I would want to be cremated when I die...
    I don't want my body to be rotting 6 ft under.
  • Fingon Celebrindal 2009/08/25 22:26:10
    Fingon Celebrindal
    I want to be a zombie. zombie
  • Jamie 2009/08/25 02:55:56
    Jamie
    I want to be cremated, my ashes scattered over my favorite lake! Why waste land/money on a burial. I'd rather my loved ones have the extra money.
  • Manwé 2009/08/24 23:59:33
    Manwé
    We all have our wishes as to what to do with our bodies. Cremation sounds like the best way of disposal. Doesn't take up a plot of land that can be used for something else.
  • toni 2009/08/24 22:13:43
    toni
    I want to be creamated. Come from earth and go back to it.
  • polo toni 3 days ago
    polo
    (You will cry after reading this)

I am lying on the bed. My children, brothers and sisters are all sitting by my bedside. Some close friends too are standing and overlooking my face. Suddenly I start breathing with long breaths. Someone among the people sitting in the room. Everyone around repeats with the reciter. My breath starts to ease out. I am opening my eyes and looking at something. Angel of death has arrived. I am getting late for the eternal journey. My mouth has opened up. My brother is dropping some water into my mouth, it is perhaps the "Zam Zam" water which I had preserved for the very moment.
    Then everyone starts to recite, "Laa'ilaaha illallaaha Muhammadur Rasoolullaah". I have lost my vision. I have lost my tongue, I have even lost my sensation but I can still hear. I can hear my loved ones weeping in grief. I'm not dead yet but I am almost lifeless. Angel of death makes the final act and takes my soul out with an intensive jerk. I have now left this world.
    All my wealth, cars, properties, bank balances, contacts and connections are of no use now. My identity is my grave and I am being referred to as 'dead body'. My near ones are preparing my grave and some of them think it as inauspicious to keep the dead body inside the house for too long. The house which I mys...

&

(You will cry after reading this)

All my wealth, cars, properties, bank balances, contacts and connections are of no use now. My identity is my grave and I am being referred to as 'dead body'. My near ones are preparing my grave and some of them think it as inauspicious to keep the dead body inside the house for too long. The house which I myself built and lived in is shrinking in space for me. My bath is being prepared. I am taken out in the compound for the final bath. My bathroom fitted with expensive bath fittings is not for me now.
    I am being wrapped in the white cotton shroud. I am boxed in a wooden box for the travel to my grave. My expensive car is not for me now.
    For what then did I amass so many worthless things. Why did I lie to earn the useless wealth. It is of no use to me. Woe to me for I wasted my life in vain. I forgot that my last journey is near and certain. Why did I sin so much ? Oh! I have lost my game.
    Now stop imagining This is going to happen one day with you and me. So be prepared. Good deeds will make your journey and the life of the Hereafteru pleasant. Remember death. It is certain. It is so near. This world is just a short dream..... WAKE UP B4 ITS TOO LATE!

A Beautiful Hadith
    Rasulullah (صل الله عليه وسلم) said:
    'When a man dies and his relatives are busy in funeral, there stands an extremely handsome man by his head. When the dead body is shrouded, that man gets in between the shroud and the chest of the deceased. When after the burial, the people return home, 2 angels, Munkar and Nakeer(names of two special Angels), come in the grave and try to separate this handsome man so that they may be able to interrogate the dead man in privacy about his faith. But the handsome man says, 'He is my companion, he is my friend. I will not leave him alone in any case. If you are appointed for interrogation, do your job.. I cannot leave him until I get him admitted into Paradise '. Thereafter he turns to his dead companion and says, 'I am the Qur'an, which you used to read, sometimes in a loud voice and sometimes in a low voice. Do not worry. After the interrogation of Munkar and Naker, you will have no grief..' When the interrogation is over, the handsome man arranges for him from Al-Mala'ul A'laa (the angels in Heaven) silk bedding filled with musk.
    Rasulullah( صل الله عليه وسلم ) said: 'On the Day of Judgement, before Allah, no other Intercessor will have a greater status than the Qur'an, neither a Prophet nor an angel.' Please keep Sharing this 'Hadith' to all ....because Rasulullah ( صل الله عليه وسلم)
    said: 'Pass on knowledge from me even if it is only one verse'. May Allah bestow this favour on all of us.

So don’t trust me—trust Our Creator. Read the Quran, read books and study good websites. But whatever you do, get started, take it seriously, and Pray For Our Creator To Guide You.
    Your Life May Not Depend On It, But Your Soul Most Definitely Does.

Finally, I advise you (and I do not think that you will reject this advice) to think deeply about what you have read, putting aside your background, any pre-conceived ideas, your own desires and feelings of attachment to your religion or culture, and to seek guidance sincerely from Allaah. Allaah Most Generous and will never let any of His servants down. Allaah is the One Who guides to the Straight Path, and He is Sufficient for us and is the best disposer of affairs..

Read The Last & Final Testament Of God The Quran On Line With An Open Mind

Read about Jesus(Peace be upon him) Quran Chapter 3:33-84 Chapter 5:72-78 and Chapter 19 Surah Maryam

http://dar-us-salam.com/TheNo...

Read on line Books( Islam, Muhammad, Jesus, Mary etc.)
    http://www.islamhouse.com/pg/...

http://www.islamicbook.ws/eng...

http://islamicbooks.info/H-1-...
  • what the 2009/08/24 21:41:27
    Other
    what the
    Roast it.
  • Val 2009/08/24 19:03:02 (edited)
    Val
    Not even remotely.
    EXCEPT! The University of Tennessee has a "body farm." I'd love for my remains to be part of the body farm.
  • mama sew,gung ho 2009/08/24 16:55:34
    Other
    mama sew,gung ho
    i watch dr.g. medical examiner,and it kind of makes me squeemish. the kind of things they do to a body after we die!why?is my question,i mean is it gonna bring ya back,are they going to solve a mystery of the ages???what,what,please tell me why??and after they did all that creepy stuff to michael jackson,they just got all his parts back in his body to burry him,finnaly!!what makes anyone think they would get even a tenth of concern about how they would treat joe blow,or jane doe's remains!!!
  • johnnywoo 2009/08/24 15:45:03
    Other
    johnnywoo
    My children know my wishes,to be cremated,after they take the good organ,s! Then they can take me out to the V.A.,to be put in a place of honor,with the rest of my buddies!
  • Turtle Chell 2009/08/24 14:02:34
    Turtle Chell
    If any of my organs are useable, I would like to donate them but my biggest concern is to not be embalmed! I do not want any part of me filled with chemicals, I would rather be burned and have my ashes spread somewhere pretty. I hate that we mummify our dead and put them in a concrete box that will never go away - what a waste of land!
  • Trevor Turtle ... 2010/03/01 02:18:26
    Trevor
    +2
    You could opt for something called "green burial", where they just wrap your remains in a cloth shroud to bury, then plant a tree over the grave as a memorial.
  • ladypuppylove 2009/08/24 12:59:06
    ladypuppylove
    Yes i want to be buried with my family
  • Amy 2009/08/24 12:43:57
    Amy
    I am being cremated. Then going in one of these bad boys. http://best-deals-yet.net/Doc...
    Then I would like to be buried with the rest of my family.
  • sophiesc 2009/08/24 12:08:29
    sophiesc
    i want my organs donated then be burried near to my family
  • ~LyDia<3J03Y~ 2009/08/24 10:33:25
    ~LyDia<3J03Y~
    +1
    Not at all
  • Yes
    Sc ♥ Angel ♥™ -Won't be back for awhile, if at all.
    +2
    Yes..do NOT put me in the ground

Take any of my good, usable parts that's left for someone else, then cremate me, Please.

Then I don't care if I"m left in a box, or scattered.

Just don't put me in the ground!! ground parts cremate care box scattered ground
  • morning40oz~mad as hell 2009/08/24 09:27:07
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +2
    I am trying to figure out a way I can be disposed of without it costing anything and no one getting into trouble. I think it's a goshdamn shame, they charge an arm and a leg for the two most natural things on earth, birth and death. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.
  • Trevor morning... 2010/03/01 02:22:52
    Trevor
    +4
    You could donate your body to medical research. They'll use any usable organs for transplant, then have medical students use you to learn and practice procedures on. After that they cover the cost of your burial. ...Well, they do in Canada where I live, It might be different for you if you live elsewhere.
  • morning... Trevor 2010/03/01 07:49:55
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +2
    That's fine. Or, someone could throw me into the nearest bayou for alligator bait. I don't care. I just don't believe that we should be raped with the financial cost of burial. I find that idea more disgusting than anything that could happen to my body after I'm dead and gone.
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2009/08/24 06:42:01
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +1
    I don't want to be pumped full of embalming fluid. Just dump me in a forest and let the wolves eat me... lol.
  • ypd91 2009/08/24 05:53:23
    Other
    ypd91
    as long as it is not violated by some nicro or thrown away then i don't care
  • runningintriangles 2009/08/24 05:25:52
    Other
    runningintriangles
    Well, I'd prefer it go somewhere useful, you know, if my organs are good, donate them. If not, donate my body for scientific research and the like. I mean, I won't be using it anymore, so someone else may as well.
  • Keith 2009/08/24 03:29:11
    Keith
    +1
    Please dont put my in the ground it's a waste of valuable land. 100 tons if concrete 100 miles offshore i'll make a nice artificial reef for everyone to fish off of
  • seee.nicolee. 2009/08/24 02:36:25 (edited)
    seee.nicolee.
    i can just imagine dying, and then watching, from heaven, all the bugs and creepy crap that live in the ground devour my body ): CREMATION PLZ
  • Trevor seee.ni... 2010/03/01 02:25:18
    Trevor
    +3
    If your in heaven, couldn't you conceivably watch anything? Why would you opt to watch that?
  • mab~IFIT 2009/08/24 02:18:38
    mab~IFIT
    +1
    I want it creamated. I follow my grandmother's opinion in the matter, "If you lay me out in a casket, God better give me one more bodily function, it'll be to flip you off!" She was awesome and yes, creamated.
  • Juliettecr 2009/08/24 02:14:41
    Other
    Juliettecr
    +1
    It's sort of both for me, I am pretty much leaving it in my daughters care in the final decision for it since after all, it will most likely be them who will have to pay and decide what they can afford to do with it. As of now, their decision, as I last heard from both of them, they want to cremate me and keep me "residing" safely in their home, somewhere afterwards. The whole idea is still just a tad bit eerie for me, even more so with my family's situation currently having my mother-in-law "residing" in our home in this way (She passed away June 29, 2009); but other than I'm pretty cool with the idea and I can live pretty well with the "eerie" aspect of it too....eventually I know I'll get use to the idea of being cremated and then....a "figurine piece" afterward in my dear darling daughters home(s). :-)
  • Trevor Juliettecr 2010/03/01 02:39:45
    Trevor
    +4
    Leaving it up to your relatives can be a bad move, as they'll be grief-struck after your death and may be easily guilt-tripped or otherwise manipulated by a funeral home into spending a lot of money on something you don't seem to care much about (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that point). For example, for cremation they have to put your body inside something when they burn it, so you're probably thinking along the lines of cardboard, since it's getting incinerated anyway, but not so. You CAN get cardboard, but wouldn't you rather be burned in this hand-crafted rosewood number with fine engravings? Well, no. Obviously that would be a rather pointless waste of money. But a skilled salesman can easily make it SEEM important to a grieving family member. Now for the actual receptacle for the ashes I can see a point in picking something nice if it's going to be sitting on a mantelpiece or something. If only so your mortal remains aren't mistaken as some kind of fancy ashtray.
    ...OK, that got a bit morbid toward the end there.
  • Juliettecr Trevor 2010/03/03 01:02:54
    Juliettecr
    :-) I have to smile there, but it really is out of the respect and love for my daughters' wishes that they do what they want to do with my body after I'm gone, as long as it is fairly respectful. IF they have money and want to spend "nice" money on me, then that their's option; if they want to putmy ashes in a cardboard box or they can't afford the luxury of anything but the cheapest, then that is where my body ends up getting, which is perfectly fine with me too.

Last year, my mother-in-law passed away, and she had lots of money; she also had only one child, my hubby, so he gets everything. She made her wishes clear of what to do with her body and she is now "residing" at the very top of our tallest book shelf where our cats can't reach it. Her ashes are in a super strong dull green plastic container that is super duper sealed, which is in a dull green velvet like back with a cord like handles to carry it with; IF this is to happen to me, then so be it, I would be perfectly content with it. I don't know about my youngest daughter as she is only 11 years old, but my oldest daughter, 19, has never in years, changed her mind about her wanting me to be creamated and be "residing" in her home. I have no other plans for myself than this, so why not?! :-D
  • Fallout 2009/08/24 02:02:52
    Fallout
    +1
    But cremation would be nice.
    cremation
  • z-Madness-z 2009/08/24 01:57:14
    z-Madness-z
    +2
    I want my body donated to science.
  • 1348933 2009/08/24 01:47:59
    1348933
    +2
    Oh, hell yeah. I want to be "stuffed" and preserved, and I want my family to continue to include me in all the family holiday celebrations.

Is there such a thing as taxidermy for humans?
  • that0neguy 2009/08/24 01:43:32
    that0neguy
    +1
    It won't matter after I'm dead.
  • Court 2009/08/24 01:39:41
    Court
    Of course I do! I own it (temporarily)

2015/03/03 18:53:53