Do You Believe in Premonitions?

ABC News U.S. 2012/10/22 14:00:00
Related Topics: Premonition

• mzemma 2012/10/23 07:15:41
    mzemma
    +5
    Yes I believe in premonitions, intuition, ESP, clairvoyance.. all that stuff. I believe that are thoughts are very powerful and create our reality. You think it, it is. We are collective consciousness... if we all thought "love" and stayed in the moment... the world would change.. from one of greed and hate and war and greed.. to one of love for everyone, ourselves and for the collective good. neighbor would help neighbor. Think of you eulogy. What would you want people to say about you if you should die suddenly.. or not so suddenly. "Oh, that dude made billions of dollars"? You can't take it with you.. and there is no place to spend it "over there". Think? I am reading a book called "Plutocrats" The rise of the New Global Super-Rich and the Fall of Everyone Else. by Chrystia Freeland, an author who was recently on Bill Moyers on (Sunday morning) "PBS" (while we still have funding). She suggests soon if not already the millionaires will be juggling for position gearing up to pass the billionaires. Yes .01% of the 1% class war. When wealth and power goes to your sick head... when is enough, enough? When are they going to begin to work for the greater good. Back in the 1950's the wealthiest gladly contributed to and build up the middle class, when they paid 90%...
    Yes I believe in premonitions, intuition, ESP, clairvoyance.. all that stuff. I believe that are thoughts are very powerful and create our reality. You think it, it is. We are collective consciousness... if we all thought "love" and stayed in the moment... the world would change.. from one of greed and hate and war and greed.. to one of love for everyone, ourselves and for the collective good. neighbor would help neighbor. Think of you eulogy. What would you want people to say about you if you should die suddenly.. or not so suddenly. "Oh, that dude made billions of dollars"? You can't take it with you.. and there is no place to spend it "over there". Think? I am reading a book called "Plutocrats" The rise of the New Global Super-Rich and the Fall of Everyone Else. by Chrystia Freeland, an author who was recently on Bill Moyers on (Sunday morning) "PBS" (while we still have funding). She suggests soon if not already the millionaires will be juggling for position gearing up to pass the billionaires. Yes .01% of the 1% class war. When wealth and power goes to your sick head... when is enough, enough? When are they going to begin to work for the greater good. Back in the 1950's the wealthiest gladly contributed to and build up the middle class, when they paid 90% taxes.. yes, 90% but that build up the MIddle Class which then could buy their (the wealthiest) services and manufactured products. Get it? And they were still wealthy! All that has changed... now the how world will be like a third world country.. with a very few holding all of the countries wealth and the rest, the 99%, struggling to get a decent meal a day. There few richest are sick ass greedy people.. they created it this way... starve you so they get more rich... HFCS.. makes people fat and sick.. and then they get even more rich... they want to rule the planet. The NWO.. greed is evil. How stupid they are.. you can't take with with you. and their desire will only destroy the Earth.... with takeovers and blasting for gas, coal, oil...for what? greed! After I die I"m not reincarnating... why? This is a hell hole

• peggy.robinsonthornton 2013/08/04 02:51:33
    peggy.robinsonthornton
    I do believe in premontion, when I found out in 2010, my dad had.died in 2003, no one told me I had a dream my dad in it out a house, before he left my dream tolde take his password out my computer, was very odd the password, was pat,, I message my cousin, married to my dads nephew she called me told me she knew I didnt know about this, I wasnt even born, that her moms name was Patricia, she had went with my dad before he met my mom, and I have had other experinces with other dreams, where things have happen, I dream of my baby sister getting hurt, doing give me how, the next day, I had been told she had been In a bad car wreck, so yes o strongly believe in premontion,,its a gift I believe.
  • darren southe 2013/03/06 06:42:25
  • Keegan The Fabulous 2012/10/28 22:36:44 (edited)
    Keegan The Fabulous
    EDIT: I looked at my original answer 6 months later on 5 May, 2013, and thought "Was I mentally out of it?" Too bad SH doesn't allow voters to change their votes.
    --
    Most premonitions come from sensations disregarded by the conscious mind... but yes, they do happen. A color shift in that part of your eye where you never look, a sound just barely loud enough for the human ear, a tiny electric current passing by your skin, maybe even a fluctuation in the fabric of spacetime - the human subconscious isn't always active, but when it is, it's so much more conscious of things than even the conscious is.
  • Commenting_one 2012/10/28 07:50:13
    Commenting_one
    Absolutely
  • Glenda 2012/10/27 06:56:33
    Glenda
    +1
    I saved the lives of my children and I when we had a house fire at 2:00 am. For some strange reason I couldn't go to bed despite having to work at 7:00 am. I heard a noise down stairs just in time to discover a fireball sparked from hot water tank flame & leaking aerosol can in the room under my bedroom. Weird thing is....I had recurring dreams of a fire in our house at night when my husband was at work. Every time I had the dream, I had set a plan of action. According to the fire Marshall, we were lucky that I was awake and able to act so quickly.......otherwise the outcome would have likely been disastrous. YES... Premonitions are real!
  • nanette.m.nelson 2012/10/27 03:28:57
    nanette.m.nelson
    If you don't believe, you simply haven't had one yet. I was made a believer when I had a strong nagging feeling that I needed to go home instead of a planned appointment after work. I tried to ignore the feeling but it just became so strong I went home. I got there, kind of felt stupid but wandered around for a minute. I ended up in the bathroom, I hadn't turned the light on, so when I turned around to leave, I was shocked to see what appeared to be an orange spot on my white wall. I sooner realized that what I was seeing was a fire inside my wall. It was by the light switch, so I ran to the garage and flipped the main power off and called the fire department. There is no way I could have known I would have an electrical fire, there was no deductive reasoning, I had never had an electrical problem before. It was pure premonition.
  • Comment... nanette... 2012/10/28 07:52:42
    Commenting_one
    Good story...you were lucky you had that head's up.
  • Denise 2012/10/27 03:20:20
    Denise
    I have been having them since I was 3. Rarely am I wrong. Speak to spirit guides, do not charge for my services, and yes we are all born with the ability to connect with those on the other side you just need to AWAKEN!!! As written previously by someone else if we harness the gift given to all by the Creator send out love daily which is energy, this world would be so different. ESP is alive and well, remember there is medical evidence we do not use all of our brain or do we at times but has not been documented yet?
  • Pay me 4profile 2012/10/26 01:10:14
    Pay me 4profile
    Preminition is a misinterpreted imagination of what they think is going to happen, it becomes a addiction were start spying on each other to get more preminition and what ends up happening they miss out on reality of what really is going around them.

The fact is premonition really is a youth full vision of antisapation, or for site.
  • TikkiPurdy 2012/10/25 15:04:15
    TikkiPurdy
    I have them sometimes!
  • gmiing 2012/10/24 18:55:02
    gmiing
    By any other name - mothers intuition; esp; the shining
  • umapathy Krishnamurthy 2012/10/24 02:21:05
    umapathy Krishnamurthy
    I believe
  • mikeeonly 2012/10/24 01:07:50
    mikeeonly
    to a point
  • naldi.birks 2012/10/23 21:42:40
    naldi.birks
    well I saw that one coming!
  • Joe61 2012/10/23 21:40:44 (edited)
    Joe61
    Yes, I believe that premonitions are basically our own disused sixth sense.....that has basically become dormant thrugh being unused within our our own psyches.......Before man became domesticated, like all other wild animals we had the sixth sense ability. That told us when danger was approaching or when bad weather was just around the corner. I believe it is still possible for humans to call on that sixth sense in times of great danger or stress.
  • Comment... Joe61 2012/10/28 08:12:33
    Commenting_one
    I've discussed before, but I once had a terrible, sick feeling.. before going to work one morning on a Saturday, when overtime work was required. I kept setting the feeling aside, having to prepare to leave, yet it would reappear.. keeping at me. I remember hesititating and wanting to maybe call to tell my supervisor.. (knowing she would think I was nuts and trying to get out of work or something, so I was my motivated to keep going).

I soon found out the basis for the nagging feeling -- when I was on my way on the Freeway, a car in front of me in my lane somehow turned around in traffic and though I tried to avoid him, moving away, it was as if he was aiming for me. As he hit me, I hit one guard rail and flew across lanes to the other guard rail, where my car was stopped. I still recall the fear I experienced. I ended up with a a broken arm, destroyed car and was off work quite a while, having my job threatened while waiting for my arm to heal (which had been set poorly).

All this, because I was too fearful to admit I was experiencing a premonition. I would never deny this feeling again.
  • Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC 2012/10/23 21:02:21
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    Get 'em all the time.
  • Jennifer Townsend 2012/10/23 20:27:22
    Jennifer Townsend
    Yes I do
  • Haruko.Haruhara 2012/10/23 20:03:55
    Haruko.Haruhara
    No doubt I happen to have them, a gift I guess.
  • George Zook 2012/10/23 20:01:12
    George Zook
    had a couple ... one I followed thank god ... the other I didn't been sorry ever since
  • MOMMA THOMAS 2012/10/23 19:22:45
    MOMMA THOMAS
    YES!
  • heather.bozik.9 2012/10/23 19:21:58
    heather.bozik.9
    i have them alot
  • dsc.owner 2012/10/23 17:31:37
    dsc.owner
    No reputable study exists that supports premonitions other than those obtained by ordinary means (physical senses, deduction, etc) We've been looking for this stuff for a long time and cannot ever find it under controlled conditions.
  • Kevin1111 dsc.owner 2012/10/23 19:32:07
    Kevin1111
    Not true. Look it up.
  • dsc.owner Kevin1111 2012/10/31 22:14:11
    dsc.owner
    Look what up? Outside of one poorly designed study making the rounds these days there is nothing at all in premonitions. Sorry, just like Bigfoot, UFO's, ghosts, demons and astrology the evidence is clear.

But more importantly, if you claim something extraordinary you must prove it, not the other way around. I can believe all I want in something but if I cannot get evidence for it then, no dice.
  • MitchellRose 2012/10/23 17:28:07
    MitchellRose
    I knew when my wife was hurt a continent away.
  • tytyvyllus Mitchel... 2012/10/23 19:32:56
    tytyvyllus
    +1
    I had a similar experience with my younger brother who was hurt on the opposite coast.
  • Mitchel... tytyvyllus 2012/10/23 19:35:03 (edited)
    MitchellRose
    +3
    Funny, how you just know immediately.
  • terrabytes 2012/10/23 17:23:24
    terrabytes
    I do
  • Luke 2012/10/23 17:22:50
    Luke
    or like Gibbs calls it...A gut feeling.....
  • stevegtexas@aol.com 2012/10/23 16:47:31
  • stevegt... stevegt... 2012/10/23 16:49:13
  • Georgia50 2012/10/23 16:42:11
    Georgia50
    Not that I understand them, but I've had 1 experience with what I'd call a premonition. Given the murder that occurred, I hope it's my last.
  • whateverbabynevermind 2012/10/23 16:40:37
    whateverbabynevermind
    Totally. That's why the future is so often very accurately predicted for long periods of time.
  • Renee 2012/10/23 16:04:30
    Renee
    +3
    I believe in premonitions,
  • TaurusNYC 2012/10/23 15:57:15
    TaurusNYC
    ... somehow I just knew you were going to ask that question. ; )
  • American Nate 2012/10/23 15:42:24 (edited)
    American Nate
    +1
    but normally its wrong but sometimes right.
  • NotYou 2012/10/23 15:26:08
    NotYou
    +1
    When I was younger I had many and my life seemed to go easier when I paid attention to them.
  • Sperry23 2012/10/23 15:25:26
    Sperry23
    +1
    I just knew you were going to ask that. I had a premonition.
  • JustBeingAtPeace 2012/10/23 15:15:50
    JustBeingAtPeace
    +1
    I get them a lot.

2014/10/31 11:34:50