Do You Agree With the Supreme Court’s Health Care Decision?

ABC News U.S. 2012/06/28 14:46:55
In a surprising 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court voted to uphold President Obama's health care law, commonly referred to as Obamacare. Do you agree with their decision?

supreme court

• OneLastWord 2012/06/28 20:01:35 (edited)
    OneLastWord
    +40
    Next, government will tell you, you have to buy this or that, or be$ fined.

I wonder if this really goes into the toilet “financially” will the Democrats, Obama and the White House own up to this screw-up, or just blame Bush again, or Mitt Romney as it was his Massachusetts Governor-Ship health care bill that was used (mostly copied) by the 2009 Democratic controlled congress.

The rest of the PORK in that bill was pure, liberal democratic, Obama radical W.H. socialistic crap.

Added 7-3-2012
    Look at these people carrying signs Soda Head has posted here, they say "Protect the Law', yet these same people and liberals will be out in numbers protesting border patrol states that are trying to uphold the law and protest their borders and send illegal’s back to where they came from until they come into the country legally. But we know what that’s all about, right?
    All votes get counted if they are Democratic votes.

• lady_c5_loadmaster 2012/07/01 16:10:39
    lady_c5_loadmaster
    +3
    I am really undecided but you did not give us that choice. Chief Roberts put it on the line and called Obama a liar when he (Roberts) declaired it was a tax and was not covered by the commerce clause. The ball is now back in congress' court. :ets see what is going to happen in the House on July 11 then we will see what will happen with reconcilliation in the Senate where it will only take 51 votes instead of 60.
  • Muver 2012/07/01 15:56:49
    Muver
    +1
    This BS is going to cost families so much more money...ones that are hardworking and trying to hold their families together on a shoestring now...others who are a little better off but struggling, will suffer as well...Why, would a government with a brain, vote on something that is going to hurt, even further a struggling economy, only to help the mostly do nothings who could work, but won't because they are happy collecting
    unemployment, and the undocumented who are doing nothing to financially support this country...
    Whatever I can do, to get a repeal going for this move toward more government control of our lives, I will do...this is NOT a good ruling...and I doubt if any in the Supreme Court will ever have to suffer under this edict...they all have given themselves REALLY GOOD insurance and retirement, and lots of perks,,,,,at OUR expense...
  • Mariann... Muver 2012/07/02 08:42:01
    Marianne723
    +1
    Our freedom and all our dreams will be GONE. America is becoming a third world nation. The Supreme Court judges just threw away our constitution. Our beloved America has been taken over and we just stood by and let it happen.
  • Muver Mariann... 2012/07/03 01:45:13
    Muver
    November 2012 is a good place to start reclaiming our Constitution...and get rid of the Supreme Court...who in the hell are they to tell me how to live...or any of the rest of them for that matter....To many have forgotten that THEY work for us, the American People,we pay their salaries, and we can give them their pink slips....WE DO NOT work for them...but you would never know it, by the stuff to may Americans are letting them get away with....This President has single handedly screwed us to the max in not even four years...It has to stop..
  • MegaFortunateSon 2012/07/01 14:55:29
    MegaFortunateSon
    +2
    Universal would have been better.
  • DavidK MegaFor... 2012/07/02 06:18:00
    DavidK
    HUMMMMMMM.............. Explain that stupidity. How are either going to be better.......
  • Lee 2012/07/01 12:46:15
    Lee
    +2
    Absolutely I agree !
  • Farnsworth 2012/07/01 12:19:20
    Farnsworth
    +6
    it's a slippery slope toward a full socialist state.
  • Lee Farnsworth 2012/07/01 12:46:51
  • Farnsworth Lee 2012/07/01 15:50:25
    Farnsworth
    +3
    fantasy island

still on the island I see...
  • HappyGuy Farnsworth 2012/07/01 20:27:50
    HappyGuy
    +3
    I agree
  • GeorgeAMartini 2012/07/01 08:34:35 (edited)
    GeorgeAMartini
    +4
    It is complete and utter bs. The country our founders created is unrecognizable now.
  • Lee GeorgeA... 2012/07/01 12:47:18
    Lee
    Duh

It's over 200 years later.
  • Christo... Lee 2012/07/01 14:40:33
    Christopher Kirchen
    +1
    What's that got to do with it?
  • Lee Christo... 2012/07/01 16:43:29 (edited)
    Lee
    Do you think the founders would recognize this nation now even without the Affordable Care Act?

Women and people of color can vote and hold high office for one thing. That was absolutely unheard of back then, and I'm sure the very idea would be scandalous to them.

And planes, and trains, and automobiles, and cell phones, and an entire political party of armed Right Wing Nut Jobs ruled by demagoguery and capable of sharing their mob impulses instantly through mass communication.

The founders would be terrified at the very idea.
  • GeorgeA... Lee 2012/07/01 19:45:34
    GeorgeAMartini
    +1
    Things like freedom do not change regardless of the technology available. Please take more than a mere moment to think about your response. The founders put in place a system that was capable of growth, but within boundaries. Those boundaries have been completely obliterated now. I like the way you denigrate the majority in this country. Yes, the "right wing" is a majority. Poll after poll for a very long time shows that America is a right of center country. Why is it whenever someone in D.C. names a bill you can usually bet it will do the opposite? Patriot act? Not very patriotic in my opinion. Affordable Care? Hardly, costs are already skyrocketing. The more things the bloated federal (ever stop to think what that word, federal means?) government gets involved in the worse things get. So I think I stand on pretty firm ground in my argument.
  • Lee GeorgeA... 2012/07/01 22:09:00 (edited)
    Lee
    +1
    Are you daft? Of course things like freedom change. And yes freedom changes as technology and social mores change. Freedom changes as the environment changes and as resources become more scarce.

The founders were perceptive enough to understand that, and they were far too smart to attempt micromanaging future generations. That's why they gave us the Constitution, the basic template for our nation's government. The Constitution is founded on solid principles, and yet capable of adapting to current and future realities.

The Preamble tells us in broad strokes what our government should do . . . "establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity . . . "

I don't know if your Right Wing is a majority or not. It seems doubtful given the fact that Obama is favored over Romney in the polls, but America's Right Wing is definitely a dangerous faction. James Madison warned us about them in Federalist 10.

Right Wingers were the majority in Nazi Germany too, an extremely dangerous faction there too. And they should have been resisted by all freedom loving people.

The modern Republican Party bears very little resemblance to the Party of Lincoln. Today's Republica...

The modern Republican Party bears very little resemblance to the Party of Lincoln. Today's Republican Party is made up of Right Wing Extremists. If Lincoln were alive today, he would be regarded as a RINO at best, and he would be marginalized. The same would be true of Theodore Roosevelt and Eisenhower.

They would be regarded by today's Republicans as dangerous socialists. They would be hated. They would be despised. Lincoln would be accused of not honoring states rights. Eisenhower would be vilified for spending federal money on the interstate highway system. An TR would be most likely be assassinated by some self-described Right Wing "Patriot" for busting up the power of the big capitalist oligarchs.

But none of those Great Republican Presidents would want to have anything to do with today's GOP, as infested as it is with ridiculously willing peons ruled by plutocratic demagogues.

In today's world, Lincoln, TR, and Eisenhower would be Democrats.
  • GeorgeA... Lee 2012/07/01 23:40:02
    GeorgeAMartini
    Freedom changes? So in your world nothing is absolute? Nazi's were national socialists. At their core they were statists. Statism always leads to despotism regardless of left of right. I think you are the one who is daft, but that's just my opinion. I hope you enjoy the sick world you are helping to create. Have a nice life.
  • Lee GeorgeA... 2012/07/02 02:19:59 (edited)
    Lee
    +1
    I'm sure you've heard the old refrain . . . . The only constant is change.

And of course, freedom changes.

Two hundred years ago, American citizens had the freedom to die of typhus, small pox, diptheria, polio, yellow fever, and myriad other diseases. But because of the interference of the Federal Government and it's propensity to use Federal funding to research and eliminate diseases and then help states and municipalities build water purification plants, sewer systems, etc, few of us any longer have the freedom to die of those diseases. As you can see, this is just one more example where the Federal Government restricts are freedoms.

But the obverse is true as well. We have the freedom to live longer and healthier lives because of the good governance our forefathers gave us.

So yes indeed, freedom changes.

Regarding the Nazis, they were Fascists. And Fascists are Right Wing Socialists.

They were extremely nationalistic and xenophobic, not unlike the infestation of Right Wing Nut Jobs in today's United States.

And what exactly do you mean by "statism." Sounds to me like you're repeating some inanity broadcast by some other pathetic Right Winger on Right Wing radio . . . Or maybe you're just talking out of your fat right wing A$$.

The purpose of ...

And of course, freedom changes.

So yes indeed, freedom changes.

The purpose of government is to GOVERN and to provide good governance as outlined in the Constitution . . . Something simple-minded nut jobs can't quite comprehend.

Why do Right Wing Nut Jobs continuously try to trample the Constitution?
  • GeorgeA... Lee 2012/07/02 04:05:25
    GeorgeAMartini
    Sure, whatever...
  • mrdog 2012/07/01 07:16:06
    mrdog
    +5
    Mandate is a tax and will be collect by IRS.... hello...politicans will pay the price n 12 just as they did in 10...voters are awake now...bark
  • Nimitz 2012/07/01 06:56:57
    Nimitz
    +4
    Every time the SCROTUS rules, you lose rights and property. Every time Congress passes legislation, you lose rights and property. Every time the president opens his piehole, it's to tell you that you've either lost rights and property or that he's gonna take more of it from you. I think I see a pattern here.

We're all chattel living on the gover-business plantation. Sheriff Nottingham ain't got nothing on these elitist asstards.
  • nothingbutthetruth 2012/07/01 06:09:52 (edited)
    nothingbutthetruth
    +5
    Yes, they did the right thing by the people for once!

healthcareforall

healthcareforall
    EVEN MITT ROMNEY SUPPORT IT!
  • Dr. John 2012/07/01 03:53:44 (edited)
    Dr. John
    +1
    So few of the people who back this travesty actually know anything about it. They only heard one word out of the thousands or millions that have been said about it, and that word was "FREE". The ignorant still believe that the government gives out FREE stuff. These people care as much for America and what it is supposed to stand for as does the federal government. Absolutely nothing except for what they can get for nothing.
  • Dr. John Dr. John 2012/07/06 04:51:29 (edited)
  • pizzaman7 2012/07/01 03:41:25 (edited)
    pizzaman7
    +2
    This is not about healthcare. this is about government control. This is the trojan horse to socialism. government screws up everything it touches. the post office needs $11 billion but it isn't a bailout. yah right !

Most people are miffed at what Roberts did. He got this wrong but the silver lining is that he ruled this a tax and it can be stopped.

now this is front and center in this November election. it will be the economy that is not doing well and Obamacare which 60-70% of Americans do not want. if there isn't enough to dislike about Obozo already ! we are on the wrong path !!!

to the Patriots of this country....you need to work harder than ever otherwise the government will tax your behavior and the needless intervention into your lives will get worse with the passing years.

take a good look into your future:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...

rationing, centralized bureau making healthcare decisions, cost overruns, long lines, it is all true.

take a good look into your future:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...

obamacare

obamacare

obamacare
  • Kris pizzaman7 2012/07/02 05:41:42
    Kris
    Actually, your photos totally represent PRIVATE health insurance companies. It's been 8 years and $70,000.00 in premium payments and I'm STILL waiting for a proper diagnosis and treatment. Give me Universal healthcare, anyday!!!!!! I, personally, want to LIVE! Private insurance is EVIL, GREEDY and completely CORRUPTED! THEY are America's TRUE death panels!!
  • smitty Kris 2012/07/02 14:20:17
    smitty
    I point to France. Go have fun there with their universal healthcare. Please write and let us know how it went.

Or maybe you can try Greece?

"Private insurance is EVIL, GREEDY and completely CORRUPTED! THEY are America's TRUE death panels!!" So we will force more people to buy into it.... You truly are a genius.
  • pizzaman7 Kris 2012/07/29 20:28:16
    pizzaman7
    My family in Italy has this crap. 2 year wait for a hip replacement. I had an uncle die 3 years after his bypass because it was poorly done. Canada has a 3-4 month wait for an MRI. 42 day wait in Massachuettes to see a doctor. 50,000 elderly people die prematurely in UK Hospitals.

why should government run healthcare ? they can't even run the post office which is $11 billion in the hole. why do 2000 entities have waivers from the system. if this system is so great why are unions exempt and our own politicians ?

fact of the matter is that it won't be cheaper. our premiums will rocket 40% immediately. it won't be better. doctors are already not getting much compensation from Medicare and you want them to take even less ? you need to make money to survive ? so do doctors. I like money myself.

who is going to pay for this ? I have to subsidize people not wanting to work already now I get to subsidize them for their healthcare as well ?

I have no wait times. I can see a doctor one a Saturday or in the evenings. I am quite happy with what I have. I will not be forced into this by some bureaucrat.

look at these articles:

Former UK NHS director dies waiting for an operation that was cancelled four times...ah the irony that someone who was in charge of socialized medicine e...

look at these articles:

Former UK NHS director dies waiting for an operation that was cancelled four times...ah the irony that someone who was in charge of socialized medicine ends up dead because of it !

http://thenewamerican.com/opi...

50,000 elderly people a year die in English hospitals !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/he...

How socialized medicine causes doctor shortages....

http://www.humanevents.com/ar...

The centralized bureau for the dispersion of Obamacare is a reality and it's called IPAB....

http://patriotupdate.com/arti...

Obamacare unraveling before our eyes....now another major provision of the bill is "unworkable" and being stricken from it due to cost over-runs.....

http://www.newsmax.com/Inside...

Why we will all lose our health insurance due to Obamacare....

http://waysandmeans.house.gov...

massive Obamacare taxes neatly disguised in the bill...it will hurt people !

http://www.atr.org/comprehens...

1st year of Obamacare is a failure !

http://blog.heritage.org/2011...

is Obamacare already doing damage to our healthcare system ?

http://online.wsj.com/article...

The ENTIRE state of Nevada gets an Obamacare waiver !

http://nation.foxnews.com/oba...

30% of employers to stop offering employer-sponsored health insurance in 2014 if Obamacare goes into effect !

http://www.moneynews.com/Stre...

take a look at the incredibly complex grid of government commissions and other agencies that will dispense Obamacare....sure it will all run together and improve our healthcare system !

http://www.nationalreview.com...

there won't be any healthcare rationing.....

http://biggovernment.com/capi...

http://biggovernment.com/egeo...

Romneycare plagued with problems....costs are spiraling out of control....now they will need price controls which won't work either !

http://thenewamerican.com/usn...

look no further than a Canadian newspaper to expose the many problems in the Canadian health care system and even they recognize that private insurance is better !

http://www.theglobeandmail.co...

http://blog.heritage.org/2010...
  • Constitution Believer 2012/07/01 02:34:51
  • topcat128 2012/07/01 02:28:30
    topcat128
    +1
    HELL NO!!! Seniors on Medicare can look for poor Cuban type health care in the future. If you didn't already know it, the money to give free health insurance to so-called poor people is going to come from cuts in Medicare.
  • abubinc... topcat128 2012/07/02 01:30:08
    abubincrazy
    A half-trillion dollars-and that's just for starters.
  • abubincrazy 2012/07/01 01:03:13
    abubincrazy
    +1
    It's a disgraceful assault on our wallets and our Constitutional freedoms.
    It WILL be repealed!
  • Lee abubinc... 2012/07/01 12:48:06
    Lee
    +1
    Yeah . . . In Right Wing Fantasy Land.
  • HappyGuy abubinc... 2012/07/01 20:29:35
    HappyGuy
    +1
    I see it being repealed too
  • abubinc... HappyGuy 2012/07/02 01:29:27
    abubincrazy
    +1
    It will be.
  • Stoner 2012/06/30 23:09:03
    Stoner
    +2
    goverment is to damn big and growing
  • Common Sense Conservative 2012/06/30 21:54:55
    Common Sense Conservative
    +1
    Never!!!!!
  • bpf 2012/06/30 21:46:07
    bpf
    +2
    just more government welfare...wait till the hidden taxes roll in and the real danger the 15 man committee who will YES decides who gets medical treatment and who is rejected....can we say "Death Panel"
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/06/30 21:25:52
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +4
    I understand the four liberals being in favor, they have an entirely different concept of what the Constitution means. But, Roberts sold out his soul for something, don't know what. Maybe one day we'll find the truth.

2014/10/26 01:51:18