Do You Agree With the Supreme Court’s Health Care Decision?

ABC News U.S. 2012/06/28 14:46:55
In a surprising 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court voted to uphold President Obama's health care law, commonly referred to as Obamacare. Do you agree with their decision?

supreme court

• OneLastWord 2012/06/28 20:01:35 (edited)
    OneLastWord
    +40
    Next, government will tell you, you have to buy this or that, or be$ fined.

I wonder if this really goes into the toilet “financially” will the Democrats, Obama and the White House own up to this screw-up, or just blame Bush again, or Mitt Romney as it was his Massachusetts Governor-Ship health care bill that was used (mostly copied) by the 2009 Democratic controlled congress.

The rest of the PORK in that bill was pure, liberal democratic, Obama radical W.H. socialistic crap.

Added 7-3-2012
    Look at these people carrying signs Soda Head has posted here, they say "Protect the Law', yet these same people and liberals will be out in numbers protesting border patrol states that are trying to uphold the law and protest their borders and send illegal’s back to where they came from until they come into the country legally. But we know what that’s all about, right?
    All votes get counted if they are Democratic votes.

• amazinggrace 2012/06/29 15:04:41
    amazinggrace
    +2
    No wonder 12,000 of Americas richest people have opted to give up their citizenship in the past two years. They will save a bundle on taxes while the rest of us pay the piper.
  • phil white amazing... 2012/06/29 15:15:47
    phil white
    An American over on the Russian Women Discussion board objected to my suggesting to the Russians that they put high tax rates on the very rich.
    Next time I'll suggest our tribe banish anyone who spends more than $2,000,000 a year.
    Let them live alone in the forest of move to Singapore.
  • taitaFa... amazing... 2012/06/29 17:39:26
    taitaFalcon23
    we already do; starting with the top of the GOP ticket who would be president. He offshores his vast wealth and supports regulating yours
  • Marvelous Wildfire 2012/06/29 14:53:32
    Marvelous Wildfire
    +2
    I believe those who vote for ObamaKare in the first place without even reading the whole thing, should be sent to a maximum security prison for the rest of their life. for treason.

Did any of you ObamaKare supporter notice, that the man-child in the White House didn't use his cadre of "Czars of Failure", to actually try and improve the tiny VA medical system before destroying one of the best medical systems in the world? No?
    Hmmmm, those who can reason, would wonder "Why not?"

What those who *believe* in ObamaKare and the first Affirmative Action President (as well as leprechauns) haven't the intelligence to grasp, is that there are *NO FREE LUNCHES*: Someone always has to pay.

So to any ObamaKare supporter that may be reading, emote on this: If you had a job, and your employer told you on Friday: "Starting on Monday, you will have more responsibilities and more rules to follow, penalties will be imposed for failure to follow the Labyrinth of rules and regulations, oh, and you'll be receiving a 30% reduction in pay as well."
    What would you do?

I personally know 5 doctors that have been preparing their offices to be closed should ObamaKare be allowed by the court.

Ever work at a "Welfare Hospital"? I have.
    It use to infuriate me, to see an ambulance roll in, because of ...

What would you do?

It use to infuriate me, to see an ambulance roll in, because of a baby . . . with diaper rash. 8+ hour waits in the Emergency rooms were the norm, because of such "emergencies" and "emergencies" like them.
    Now, the whole ObamaKare medical system, will be the same.
    What you will see; You will go in to the Emergency Room with a broken leg, and I will go in with a a terrible hangnail. But if I got in there before you, you'll wait until after me . . . or I'll file a racism grievance against he hospital. (Since neither is life threatening, they'll take me first to avoid the longterm aggravation.)

What people like Obama who has never held a position of responsibility before, and dumbasses like him, can't grasp: The Government can regulate, restrict, require, summons, fine, sanction and compel . . . but they *CAN'T* make the people, who happen to be doctors, practice medicine.

But let's say, that not a single doctor closed their office, not one.
    What happens when *TENS OF MILLIONS* are added to the patient load?
    Yeah, quality of care *WILL* suffer, and the waits will become much longer for procedures and treatment. Cancer case that were survivable before, will die now . . . like in Canada and England today. (Did anyone notice that the politicians and their families won't be covered by ObamaKare? If it was really as good as the dumbasses were told to believe, based on nothing, why would they want their loved ones to receive inferior care?)

How many small businesses, will go out of business now because they can't afford to meet the ObamaKare requirements of supplying medical insurance to their employees?
    (Apparently the unemployment rates weren't already high enough to suit Obama.)

Where's the *MONEY* to finance ObamaKare going to come from?
    No, "the rich" will probably simply go else where where the tax burden is less: Like John Kerry did when he bought his new Yacht a few years ago.
  • toldyaso Marvelo... 2012/06/29 16:23:31
    toldyaso
    Blah blah blah!

Article 1 Section 8

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
  • Marvelo... toldyaso 2012/06/29 16:39:24
    Marvelous Wildfire
    +1
    Just because you *CAN* do something, doesn't make it any less stupid for you to do it.

You can ride a bicycle off the roof of a 2 story house if you wish . . . that doesn't make it intelligent to do so.

It's still only dumbasses that support ObamaKare.
  • Bali 2012/06/29 14:46:12
    Bali
    +3
    do you think any of the people in the picture holding the signs have ever paid for anything? gubmint leeches and blood sucking parasites is all i see.
  • polkastria Bali 2012/06/29 14:56:44
    polkastria
    +2
    Hum.. I see a group of older adults, probably senior citizens, and at least one has a cane.. I'm willing to bet they've paid their fair share in life.
  • Bali polkastria 2012/06/29 14:57:43
    Bali
    +3
    take off the blinders
  • polkastria Bali 2012/06/29 15:03:47
    polkastria
    what blinders? Tell me why you think you see a bunch of.. how did you put it... "gubmint leeches and blood sucking parasites"
  • Bali polkastria 2012/06/29 15:07:57
    Bali
    +2
    thanks for proving my point, imbecile.
  • polkastria Bali 2012/06/29 15:11:05
    polkastria
    No facts, no answer to my question, AND name calling...

And you call me an imbecile. LOL!
  • Bali polkastria 2012/06/29 17:27:29
    Bali
    +1
    yawn.......you are boring me to death. bye bye
  • Delete Bali 2012/06/29 16:05:45
  • polkastria Delete 2012/06/29 16:11:38
    polkastria
    +1
    Hey Greg, what about a reasoned discussion with both sides using facts and logic and no one calling anyone names from the get go? No one NEEDS to stoop to the level that Bali started at in this post but some folks never rise from that level on both sides of discussion.

I'd say all sides have a few folks they'd like to gag and move away from the microphone on this issue.
  • Delete polkastria 2012/06/29 22:15:36
  • polkastria Delete 2012/06/30 01:26:23
    polkastria
    True! Hey look.. a real conversation...

Okay I'd like a single payer plan.. universal healthcare because I think it would cost more to get going, but would lower costs and improve real care in the long run. If Medicine stops being about the money and becomes about the care.. it helps encourage preventative care and real solutions for long term care instead of the "just take these pills for the rest of your life" kind of responses we get right now from our medical community.

And you? What would you like to see?
  • Delete polkastria 2012/06/30 02:05:19
  • polkastria Delete 2012/06/30 03:13:46
    polkastria
    Took a quick look around for the book.. found two titled Healing Our World.. but with different subtitles by that author. I will take another look around or see if I can find them cheap somewhere.

I think for me, the problem with letting the free market sort it all out is that it only works if everyone has access to all the information available and in far too many cases, that doesn't happen.
    As long as people are in it for the money they will hide the facts to make money.. like the tobacco industry. And try to eliminate any competitor in any way.. like anti Marijuana legislation. As long as they can feed people bull about the Dangers of Pot and the idea that it's a gateway drug and it's hard to find real information about the issue that isn't obviously biased in one way or another... the industry with the money behind it wins.

That is also the case with prescription drugs where the side effects are hidden or down played to get people to buy the product but not really tell them the risks. As in, "Sure this ADHD medication will help your child concentrate in school and those heart damaging effects.. well they don't happen to everyone now do they? The news just exaggerates those stories to make news."

If i could trust people to care about each other more than their pocketbook.. I'd be all for a Free Market approach but money motivates and I don't see away around that.
  • Delete polkastria 2012/06/30 03:27:30
  • polkastria Delete 2012/06/30 04:00:51
    polkastria
    You clearly went to different schools than I did.. liars got away with plenty and constant troublemakers were slapped on the wrist and written off as pointless to deal with while other kids payed higher penalties for the same infraction.

And I do agree that the government has had a very large hand in the tobacco and marijuana issues.. too much so, and now if we want to try to change the laws we have much more to overcome thanks to all the scare tactics they employed.

So lets say we do have more of a free market approach to medical issues. How do we insure that the people get free access to ALL the important information so that they can make a real decision for themselves? How do we make sure that information is accurate? How do we make sure that those that disagree with the information have the ability to come forward freely?

I Live in an apartment complex. it's not great but it's not bad.. I've lived in worse and better.. it's pretty middle of the road but it's in a good location so here I am almost 5 years later.. BUT if you look on line the place is a nightmare with bugs and crackheads and illegal activities in every corner of the place.. the management is horrible and the maintenance workers haven't a clue how to change a light-bulb, let alone take care of the place. I kno...

I Live in an apartment complex. it's not great but it's not bad.. I've lived in worse and better.. it's pretty middle of the road but it's in a good location so here I am almost 5 years later.. BUT if you look on line the place is a nightmare with bugs and crackheads and illegal activities in every corner of the place.. the management is horrible and the maintenance workers haven't a clue how to change a light-bulb, let alone take care of the place. I know it's not true and I know that the place got bought out and a number of fired people have posted anonymous reviews of the place as a way to get back at the new management. I know this because of the timing on the really negative reviews but others are just going to see the page and run like mice.

It's a lie but it's the way of the free market... People seeing it don't have all the necessary information and can't make a truly informed opinion. If we can't have honesty about an apartment complex.. how can we have it about something like a new drug or a doctor's care?
  • Delete polkastria 2012/06/30 23:59:50
  • polkastria Delete 2012/07/02 15:07:20
    polkastria
    And what good did that do? All it proved was that lairs get away with it then just like they do now. if you have money or know how to suck up or are just good at it.. lairs can get away with it.
  • Delete polkastria 2012/07/02 16:48:00 (edited)
  • polkastria Delete 2012/07/02 22:09:36
    polkastria
    That's fine for those that can afford a doctor.. what about the rest of the people that can only go to the doctor when they are almost ready for the hospital?

And I'm not an anarchist at all.. I'm too good at being on the wrong side of the people with guns to think that letting them have their way makes any sense at all. I'm not a libertarian since they get wishy washy on things like abortion rights and thats a big deal for me.

I like the Green party like I used to like the Natural Law Party.. lovely idea but too flaky for the average American voter so.. I'll vote for them in local elections, but won't shoot myself in the foot and vote for them in the big elections.
  • Delete polkastria 2012/07/03 00:06:35
  • polkastria Delete 2012/07/03 07:48:52
    polkastria
    Libertarians I've met in RL tend to lean toward the Pro Life side of things.. Maybe it's just me as I'm completely Pro Choice and I always seem to trip over the other side.
  • Bali Delete 2012/06/29 17:28:14
    Bali
    hey man, go pound sand. mind your own business.
  • Delete Bali 2012/06/29 18:59:39
  • Bali Delete 2012/06/29 19:44:00
    Bali
    what cause would that be, man?
  • Delete Bali 2012/06/29 19:52:30
  • Bali Delete 2012/06/29 20:16:04
    Bali
    i would say yes on both counts. so whats your point? i am a little under the weather from yesterdays "ruling". maybe thats it Greg............
  • Delete Bali 2012/06/29 21:01:03
  • Bali Delete 2012/06/30 20:51:30
    Bali
    you point was taken 5 replies ago. care to continue or leave it alone?
  • Delete Bali 2012/07/02 16:49:09
  • Marvelo... Delete 2012/06/29 17:46:15
    Marvelous Wildfire
    No, facts, logic and reason will *NOT* "win this argument" or ObamaKare would never have made it to a vote.
    Heck, if facts, logic and reason had any power in Washington, Obama would still be a community organizer in Chicago . . . well maybe not, more likely just in section 8 housing on welfare.
  • Delete Marvelo... 2012/06/29 18:58:27
  • Marvelo... Delete 2012/06/29 21:02:47
    Marvelous Wildfire
    Why do you believe, that stating the facts, makes you look like a kook?
  • Delete Marvelo... 2012/06/29 21:20:36
  • Marvelo... Delete 2012/06/29 21:29:20
    Marvelous Wildfire
    Actually, I'm not so narrow-minded, that I can't recognize *BOTH* to be correct.
    ObamaKare, I believe, will actually have worse negative effects for the USA and its society, than WWII.

2014/10/30 14:38:04