Do Atheists have physical proof that atheism is right, and there is no God?

☆ElenaDiamond☆ 2012/07/06 15:26:59
Related Topics: God, Proof

• jack_kazim 2013/05/23 21:37:27
  • rcardon 2012/08/01 22:22:03
    I have another thought...
    rcardon
    Atheists cannot prove, beyond doubt, that there is no God. The religious cannot prove, beyond faith, that there is. This is just one area where people need to agree to disagree.
  • Jan 2012/07/11 20:42:32
    No they are as blind as they assume Christians are.
    Jan
    Nobody can prove or disprove the existence of God. We should all believe what our hearts tell us to and allow everyone else to do the same.
  • yg 2012/07/11 16:32:08
    Yes they have proof, it is this....
    yg
    I guess the fact that no one has ever seen God is enough for them. It's kind of the big idea.
  • Kwaku Tuffour 2012/07/11 14:17:47
  • The One 2012/07/11 04:06:27
    The One
    Amen...
  • elijahin24 2012/07/10 18:24:21 (edited)
    elijahin24
    +1
    Let me say first that atheism asserts nothing. It simply doesn't accept, without proof, the assertion that God exists. God, or gods; are like many other mythological creatures. Like the unicorn or pegasus, gods appear in many stories, sometimes portrayed in different ways, but having the same basic characteristics. Like the Mermaid, God is a mysterious creature which cannot fully be understood, or tracked. Like so many mythological creatures, he is written so cleverly, that there is always an excuse why we can't make logical sense of his legend.
    and like the Minataur, no physical proof of his existance has ever been found. While these stories are fun to tell, and mezerize the imaginagion; they do not stand up to any reasonable degree of scrutiny, when presented as truth. And with no evidence at all, to prove that God is real; a critical thinker, without a pre-determined agenda, will almost certainly conclude that he isn't.
  • specGlass 2012/07/10 12:27:22
    I have another thought...
    specGlass
    do you believe in dreams and can you prove what you dream in audio or visual in facts and evidence..there is always something outta a nothing and everything could be just a nothing dream
  • Call me Mark willya? 2012/07/10 02:52:15
    Call me Mark willya?
    Most atheists are just closed minded. Because they can't conceive of a higher power, that power doesn't exist... Unfortunately so are most Christians, they can't imagine a life without God, so he HAS to... I know what I know, I know there is more to life than DNA and physical processes. I don't know what form it takes but there IS something more than just what I see, I choose to call it by the name given to it in the
    Torah, YHWH Yahuweh. The name means I am, I was, and I shall be. Pretty apt description.
  • elijahin24 Call me... 2012/07/10 18:27:04
    elijahin24
    So if your assertion is that a god exists, what evidence do you bring to support such a claim?
  • caius madison 2012/07/09 23:11:22
    I have another thought...
    caius madison
    As the very picture heading this question states we see no proof of it, minus the demeaning blinders.
  • Curmudgeon 2012/07/09 16:27:42
    I have another thought...
    Curmudgeon
    +1
    Lets start with something else here, do you have physical proof that Allah, Vishnu, Thor, Zeus, and the countless other gods of religions past are not real and your not following the wrong god?

How about Fairies, and alien abduction stories? I've seen countless shows on the matter, and met people would are very passionate about what they believe. How can you hold a position of disbelief as they are sure they are right in their beliefs without very much solid proof to back it, much in the same way Christianity operates?

The fact nobody has any "physical" evidence for gods, even believers don't as what counts as proof to a Christian will be dismissed by an Islamist Jew and every faith out there. It goes on and on, so this question is really a moot point.

It's hilarious almost every faith out there operates this way, yet rejects the claims of other faiths for lack of proof when in fact, no faith has ever had proof to back it's principal claim that their god is real and the only true one.

As to atheism, it is simply non belief that gods are real. That's it, that's all.
  • jmc07806-PWCM-JLA 2012/07/09 13:40:46
    I have another thought...
    jmc07806-PWCM-JLA
    It is and has been a matter of Faith and a greater purpose in life other than your own needs. That is something that will never have physical proof on either side.
  • Manwé 2012/07/09 06:42:52
    I have another thought...
    Manwé
    It's turtles all the way down! Trying to prove the existence of God is just as simple.

Here's a quote from Steven Hawking's 1988 book A Brief History of Time:
    A well-known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the center of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy. At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: "What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise." The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, "What is the tortoise standing on?" "You're very clever, young man, very clever," said the old lady. "But it's turtles all the way down!"
  • art1ej 2012/07/09 05:19:58
    Yes they have proof, it is this....
    art1ej
    +2
    Atheists have science to back up the there claims.....religion has no evidence or proof....
  • strawberry 2012/07/09 05:10:34
    I have another thought...
    strawberry
    Atheists have no physical proof, Christians have no physical proof, Jews have no physical proof, no religious sects have any physical proof. Science has no physical proof. This does not mean the possibility of a Creator does not exist. Humans on Earth know far too little. There are many possibilities still to be discovered. No one on Earth will face fact that no one on Earth really does know. It is all religious and Biblical theories.
  • Kitty Kat 'CARROT' 2012/07/08 19:46:54
    Kitty Kat 'CARROT'
    i'm nt christian i am a Atheism
  • RS 2012/07/08 13:32:49
    RS
    It is true. We dont know and it is that simple. However, I find the coincidence that earth and all on it are here is my proof. I am sorry but it seems very strange that an accident set all of us in motion.
  • BlytheSpirit~bn0 2012/07/08 08:38:10
    I have another thought...
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +1
    You can't prove a negative.
  • JoLost 2012/07/08 05:15:38
    Yes they have proof, it is this....
    JoLost
    +1
    religions pull their gods out of thin air based on fables in folklore, atheist have the thin air and molecular gases its comprised of, religions have "faith".
  • mich52 2012/07/08 05:13:00
  • Doc Fra... mich52 2012/07/08 09:57:40
    Doc Frank stein
    Wild imagination??!!
    Oh I think u mean 'evolutionary theory'!!!!! ;)
  • Curmudgeon Doc Fra... 2012/07/10 23:42:42
    Curmudgeon
    I think the magical idea of creationism is more a product of a wild imagination.
  • Doc Fra... Curmudgeon 2012/07/11 08:28:43
    Doc Frank stein
    Couldn't be more wild tho than the 'spins' on "evidence" ha HA! of evolutionary theory!!
  • Curmudgeon Doc Fra... 2012/07/11 22:57:23
    Curmudgeon
    +1
    If you say so, I think many religious people seem to misunderstand what the word theory is. Religion bases it's "theories" on foregone conclusions and every faith out there claims to be the real faith of the creator.

Science really has no idea on what created everything, however that does not mean that by default religion is the only answer.
  • Doc Fra... Curmudgeon 2012/07/12 08:48:17
    Doc Frank stein
    Well, I can certainly agree there :) :)

Nothing is the answer by default ... one has to investigate sufficiently on God that God will eventually show Him the way ... God, being our Father in Heaven, will certainly show His children the way if they GENUINELY ask Him and sincerely want to follow His answer.
    It is a question of humility before the Ultimate Creator
    When we are humble enough, we are 'teachable' enough for Him to reach us
  • strawberry mich52 2012/07/09 05:18:44
    strawberry
    Atheists have no physical proof, Christians have no physical proof, Jews have no physical proof, all religious sects have no physical proof, Science has no physical proof. The Bible is not physical proof. Possibilities do exist which are yet to be discovered. We cannot denounce there is no creator or pronounce there is a creator. Fact, no one on this Earth knows. Theories run wild, but these are theories not facts. Formal religions were not created by any God. They formed from history, making their own laws and rules.
    I have another thought...
    +2
    An Atheist simply does not believe in a supreme being. There is no need for physical proof of anything with regards to not believing in a supreme being.
  • Mr Marvin 2012/07/08 04:44:51
    Mr Marvin
    +1
    They have no proof of nothing.
  • Doc Fra... Mr Marvin 2012/07/08 09:56:42
    Doc Frank stein
    They do have proof of using their wild imaginations, tho'!!! ;)
  • Brian ☮... Doc Fra... 2012/07/08 11:27:49
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    You people crack me up. Let me get this straight, you all claim that there's an all powerful being, who knows and cares about everything in the whole vast universe, and yet this entity refuses to manifest itself in any quantifiable way...and you say we're the ones that have "wild imaginations", because we don't buy into all of this hokum ...you're just too funny.
  • Doc Fra... Brian ☮... 2012/07/09 10:32:20
    Doc Frank stein
    Ha Ha HA! lol
    Do you agree that we humans are extremely limited and are highly susceptible to death and injury at any moment??
  • Brian ☮... Doc Fra... 2012/07/09 16:23:41
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    I'll play along here...sure people die. So does everything else, what's your point??
  • Doc Fra... Brian ☮... 2012/07/10 11:31:49 (edited)
    Doc Frank stein
    I was sure you'd play along:
    I'm sure you also realize that, as today, I saw people looking [apparently] in a certain direction, yet on countless occasions, they failed to actually see some other important information in their direct line of vision!
    Do you think this might be mainly because their eyes, despite looking in the right direction, were actually focussed on things that were only half the distance from them as these otherthings of which I speak!!
    Would you agree that we as humans, are limited in such ways??
    So sometimes it can easily be that "we cannot see the wood for the trees" ... and that this is literal??
  • Brian ☮... Doc Fra... 2012/07/10 20:30:19
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    First off, answer my previous question, what's the point? You expect me to play along, but I refuse if you're going to be obtuse with senseless questions.
  • Doc Fra... Brian ☮... 2012/07/11 08:32:06
    Doc Frank stein
    Well the point was to follow ur assent to my 2nd observation lol
  • Brian ☮... Doc Fra... 2012/07/11 13:07:19
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    Yes, I understand how the logic trap works. I have one I could run on you, but it would be as senseless and asinine as yours. I simply refuse to use games to come to my beliefs.
  • Doc Fra... Brian ☮... 2012/07/12 08:50:42
    Doc Frank stein
    My point was simply to get your assent to the fact that we are EXTREMELY limited here ??
  • Brian ☮... Doc Fra... 2012/07/12 10:13:46
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    I have never disputed that simple fact, the entire planet is but a mere speck of dust in the vast universe.
  • Doc Fra... Brian ☮... 2012/07/12 11:46:59
    Doc Frank stein
    I am speaking of you and me lol ... Humans.
    We can even be looking straight at a thing and not see it - just like I Constantly do nearly every day re my glassesROFL!!

You made the following statement at ur beginning:

"claim that there's an all powerful being, who knows and cares about everything in the whole vast universe, and yet this entity refuses to manifest itself "...

Our capacities are PITTANCE ... we cannot even jump more than a few feet off the ground...
    Yet you expect that we will be able to safely stand in front of an All-Powerful GLORIOUS Creator, with Light and Power and GLORY to Burn and manage to live to tell the tale!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha HA! HA! HA!!!!
    Stand in the presence of God, you say???!!!

2014/10/21 15:31:37