Do animals have a soul?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/04/16 01:41:44
Related Topics: Animals, animal

• NarenderGangani 2012/04/16 09:30:04
    no
    NarenderGangani
    depends if u believe in souls in the first place.. :)
  • nothingbutthetruth 2012/04/16 08:21:08
    no
    nothingbutthetruth
    +1
    God only give soul to Human-being, not animal. Show me in the Bible where it said animal has soul and I'll change my perception on it.
  • irish nothing... 2012/04/16 12:38:15
    irish
    +1
    the bible is man made and the men who made it arrogantly thought that this being liked only them. in fact they think they are the only ones with souls . the rest of humans don't have them according to them. so,are you a hebrew? if not you have no soul either. according to the bible. bible  fairy tales
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... irish 2012/04/18 20:12:55
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    I am going to the Bible to see what the Bible says about that subject.
    Let us go the 17th. Chapter of the book of Leviticus to find the answer. Let us start with the 10th. verse. It reads like this :And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.
    Verse 11: for the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the alter to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul. Verse 12: Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, ‘No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.’ Verse 13: and whatsoever man there be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, which hunteth and catcheth any beast or fowl that may be eaten; he shall even pour out the blood thereof, and shall cover it with dust.
    Here is the important verse;
    Verse 14: FOR IT IS THE LIFE OF ALL FLESH; THE BLOOD OF IT IS FOR THE LIFE THEREOF: THEREFOR I SAIDUNTO THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL, YE SHALL EAT THE BLOOD OF NO MANNER OF FLESH FOR THE LIFE OF ALL FLESH IS THE BLOOD THEREOF:WHOSOEVER EATETH IT SHALL BE CUT OFF.’
    The word ‘LIFE’ is ‘SOUL’. NEPHESH
    Do animals go to Heaven? Well the 11th. Chapter of Isaiah suggest that they do. I am reminded of the song “ Peace In The Valley”.
  • irish ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/19 12:08:26
    irish
    thanks daw!
  • Dave Sa... nothing... 2012/04/16 14:28:57
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +4
    Job 12:7-10:
    "But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee;
    and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:
    Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee:
    and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.
    Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this?
    In whose hand is the soul of every living thing,
    and the breath of all mankind."
  • nothing... Dave Sa... 2012/04/18 08:02:43
    nothingbutthetruth
    OK, when I get a chance, I will read it from my own bible and get back to you.
  • Lady Wh... nothing... 2012/04/17 11:44:22
    +1
    Old Cherokee Saying:

"The Animals are your Little Brothers and Sisters. Revere them as such"
  • nothing... Lady Wh... 2012/04/18 08:03:08
  • peggy Lady Wh... 2012/04/18 19:44:38
    peggy
    Older Cherokee saying....my feet crush the grass that the grasshopper eats, that the bird feeds on, that the cat eats, that the coyote, eats that the bear kills to feed her young, that I kill to eat and warm my young. When I die the worms feed the grass which .....ect
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... nothing... 2012/04/18 20:12:47
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    Here is the important verse;
    The word ‘LIFE’ is ‘SOUL’. NEPHESH
  • nothing... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/21 02:35:24
    nothingbutthetruth
    I am busy right now, can you send me back the same comment in a next reply. It's interesting I would like to look it up in my bible too, but don't have the time right now.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... nothing... 2012/04/21 02:37:37
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    Here is the important verse;
    The word ‘LIFE’ is ‘SOUL’. NEPHESH
  • nothing... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/21 05:42:34
    nothingbutthetruth
    (: I am still busy. I have so many comment on SodaHead to responded to first.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... nothing... 2012/04/21 14:25:13 (edited)
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    you asked me to reply to you with this quote

your not going even bother reading your bible for these quotes

Techically speaking
    if you really are a true follower of Christianity

then you would know
    quote bother reading bible quotes techically speaking true follower christianity
  • nothing... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/30 08:19:57
    nothingbutthetruth
    I am still busy(:
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... nothing... 2012/04/30 12:16:17
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾

If you did you wouldnt be Christian do do not bother replying
  • nothing... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/05/01 07:25:34
    nothingbutthetruth
    It's nothingbutthetruth!
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... nothing... 2012/05/01 12:53:45
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    more like the biggest lie of all time
  • Tina nothing... 2012/04/20 00:57:04
    Tina
    you've obviousily never had an animal
  • nothing... Tina 2012/04/30 08:20:16
    nothingbutthetruth
    Why did you say that?
  • Tina nothing... 2012/06/01 00:24:31
    Tina
    You can't own an animal, see all the cute things they do, look into their eyes and say that they have no souls.
  • nothing... Tina 2012/06/05 06:26:39
    nothingbutthetruth
    When you hear the name "soul" it sounds like it pertaining to human, but when you look deeper into it, it's the essential element that is part of something, and that's include animals.
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2012/04/16 07:51:01
    no
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +2
    Soul as in the Hebrew meaning breath of life then yes they breath but as an eternal soul then no as the Bible says the animals go back to dust into the earth.
  • Tina Hula gi... 2012/04/20 00:57:54
    Tina
    humans decompose too
  • Hula gi... Tina 2012/04/20 01:55:08
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    Their souls don't. That's the difference.
  • nothing... Hula gi... 2012/04/21 02:36:08
    nothingbutthetruth
    +1
    That's right!
  • Randall... Hula gi... 2014/03/23 04:33:07
    Randall M. Vasquez
    DO ANIMALS HAVE SOULS? (Updated)

When asked the ultimate question, “Do animals have souls?” Like most people, I would have said no until I learned the truth:

It is a common misconception that the soul and the spirit are one in the same. Let’s take a deeper look into this mystery.

In Genesis 1:30 (NIV) we see that all living creatures have the breath of life given by God:

30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

And then in Genesis 2:7 (KJV) we see that the ‘breath of life’ is our soul that makes us alive:

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

The soul is the engine or power plant behind every living thing that makes them alive, but man also has a spirit in addition to the soul that allows him to commune with God.

In Genesis 1:26 (NIV) God gives man a spirit and places him above animals:

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness (the spirit), so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that...

DO ANIMALS HAVE SOULS? (Updated)

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness (the spirit), so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

This puts man on a higher conscious level than animals and makes animals exempt from the evangelistic fold because they don’t have to seek salvation. They are honorary residents of heaven and they simply display God’s glory in all His majesty.

The answer to the question is YES animals do have souls because the soul is the breath of life which is very different from the spirit of men. . .

RMV

Ecclesiastes 3:19-20 (ESV)
    19 For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity.[a] 20 All go to one place. All are from the dust, and to dust all return.

You have permission to use this information as you wish. . .
  • ✞ॐGuru Joshॐ✞ 2012/04/16 07:45:28
    yes
    ✞ॐGuru Joshॐ✞
  • peggy 2012/04/16 07:31:54
    no
    peggy
    +1
    The only reason why Im saying no is because Jesus shed his blood for humans...that we may have eternal life not animals. Now on the other side I know there are animals in heaven because Jesus returns on a white horse. I hope my little friends are waiting for me but I dont know for sure.
  • nothing... peggy 2012/04/18 08:04:01
    nothingbutthetruth
    +1
    I agreed with you, same thought.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... nothing... 2012/04/18 20:14:48
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    its obvious you people Do not READ your Bible

Here is the important verse;
    Verse 14: FOR IT IS THE LIFE OF ALL FLESH; THE BLOOD OF IT IS FOR THE LIFE THEREOF: THEREFOR I SAIDUNTO THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL, YE SHALL EAT THE BLOOD OF NO MANNER OF FLESH FOR THE LIFE OF ALL FLESH IS ...

Here is the important verse;
    The word ‘LIFE’ is ‘SOUL’. NEPHESH
  • peggy nothing... 2012/04/18 20:52:47
    peggy
    +1
    Another example of great minds thinking alike.
  • abdu 2012/04/16 07:25:27
    yes
    abdu
    +4
    For sure they feel us like us, & senses too....
  • samantha 2012/04/16 06:39:16
    yes
    samantha
    +4
    Definitely!
  • Peewee ~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/16 06:34:44
    yes
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +7
    You cannot have been an animal caregiver and not know they indeed have a soul.
  • nothing... Peewee ... 2012/04/21 02:37:59
    nothingbutthetruth
    +1
    I guess they are thinking "soul" as in the human race, but anilmal has their own animal spiirit which is their soul, I guess.
  • Vitalani 2012/04/16 06:26:05
    yes
    Vitalani
    +4
    If the soul exists then yes!
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/04/16 06:24:52
  • Earthly Resident 2012/04/16 04:48:09
    yes
    Earthly Resident
    +3
    hard to say whether they do or not when we haven't even established if we even do..........

and if we do, then why not them too, they are comprised of the same things we are

2014/09/23 18:29:54