Did you wait until marriage to have sex?

ElisaLovezz_-_ 2010/08/03 13:34:22

Or do you wish you had? I plan on it. I'm 14 and still a virgin and I really do want to try and make it special. i never used to think id wait but i'm christian and go to church every sunday, and last sunday my minister really went into it and totally changed my mind. Many people think that when you're young (as i am) sex isnt a topic you need to be thinking about, but it is as many people lose their virginity earlier now. But me and my boyfriend have been going out for a year, and though we do seem to be going pretty far sometimes, we're both virgins and know we should wait.

• Carl Ramsey 2012/11/22 03:03:41
    Carl Ramsey
    +10
    My wife and I waited and we had a wonderful marriange until she died. We were married 39 1/2ears. Extremely unusual circumstances brought us together. I thank God several times a day that we were married all that time.Of course, I wish it had been longer. But God knows best. At least she is now out of pain. Of course, I find your top opinin to be a tragic pick.

• Kezzi Morris 2014/05/01 15:40:43 (edited)
    Kezzi Morris
    I'm 18 and still waiting.
  • Ruby 2013/02/11 08:14:57 (edited)
    Ruby
    +1
    I'm 13 and I'm going to wait until marriage to have sex but I'm hopping the guy I marry Is a vergin to so it can be the frist for both of us .I don't even have a boyfriend like ever so yeah that's my life...
  • Carl Ramsey 2012/11/22 03:03:41
    Carl Ramsey
    +10
  • Taryn Nicole 2010/09/01 14:59:59
    Taryn Nicole
    im going to wait till marriage to have sex
  • MisCUNTception 2010/08/08 17:12:54
    MisCUNTception
    umm i will wait till im in love with the right person
  • FunkyMunky 2010/08/05 17:39:46
    FunkyMunky
    +1
    Nope. That ship sailed long ago..
  • Blix 2010/08/04 15:19:23
    Blix
    Hell No!
    They very idea is obscene.
    Usually its burnt out old people
    that didn't wait, telling everyone
    else how to live. They can stick it.
  • melly~thwarting Satan since... 2010/08/04 15:10:28
    melly~thwarting Satan since 1971
    +1
    Seeing as how the 40 Year Old Virgin would then be about me, I'm all too happy that I didn't wait.
  • maggzmarshh 2010/08/04 12:18:49
    maggzmarshh
    +1
    NO!

well sure you can wait if you want..
    but now a days sex is sex..
    no one really waits.

wait days sex sex waits
  • Bozette 2010/08/04 01:57:29
    Bozette
    lol
  • Diaphram.is.dead♠BTEF♠ 2010/08/03 23:27:57
    Diaphram.is.dead♠BTEF♠
    +2
    im waiting until im inlove,
    like really inlove,
    and that might mean waiting till marriage,
    but atleast i will know that i love them enough to marry them
  • Kylee 2010/08/03 21:06:29
    Kylee
    +1
    That's sweet. Wait until that one, may that be this current bloke or not. I mean I married my first, so it's like I knew I shouldn't have then, but at eighteen and in the moment I wanted to. Now that we're permanently together, I don't actually mind. It was worth getting to know my partner more.
  • AshleyNicoleCook 2010/08/03 20:16:10
    AshleyNicoleCook
    +1
    i fell in love for the first time at fifteen and gave my virginity to my then boyfriend; we were really serious and planned to stay together through high school and try to get married after but then he and his family moved ..far away and we tried to keep in touch and both of us went without seeing another person until we just couldn't take it any more about two years later.i learned that as a kid even though i felt grown up and like i could handle myself, that there were still things beyond my control.

soon after we decided to see other people officially i met a new guy and by that time i felt that, since it was already gone, that there was just no point any more ...i felt i would never be as special to any one else so soon after this guy and i started dating we decided to mess around and ended up having sex , i was only seventeen and he had just turned eighteen. After ward we were going home and he told me " i swear to god i love you " i felt filthy,i thought we were just going to date casually and "hook up" a few times before i joined the military as i was planning to do after high school, so i told him that i had been with someone and he didn't care and i knew that i was the first person he had ever been with. i know he deserved better and i wanted to break up with him...

soon after we decided to see other people officially i met a new guy and by that time i felt that, since it was already gone, that there was just no point any more ...i felt i would never be as special to any one else so soon after this guy and i started dating we decided to mess around and ended up having sex , i was only seventeen and he had just turned eighteen. After ward we were going home and he told me " i swear to god i love you " i felt filthy,i thought we were just going to date casually and "hook up" a few times before i joined the military as i was planning to do after high school, so i told him that i had been with someone and he didn't care and i knew that i was the first person he had ever been with. i know he deserved better and i wanted to break up with him; i felt like i had been too easy, like a slut almost, even though it was only my second time ever having sex... two years after that on our wedding night i started to cry and finally told him how i felt about the whole thing. My husband and i are i guess what some call 'neo-pagan' or 'wiccan 'i actually converted when i was about your age and virginity, while still sacred and "special" ,isn't all that important and losing it is in fact seen as a right of passage buy many, but others ( guy ,gal ,straight ,bi and gay) still wait to share that experience with their life partner; it bonds them in a way that others will never be able to comprehend ;their "first and only" . i hope you wait because i still wish i had. my biggest regret about my marriage is that i couldn't give my husband something so precious when he had already given it to me.

that's just how i feel personally but it is a decision for every one to make on their own.

sometimes i feel that i would have never had the guts to have sex at all on our wedding night if i hadn't at least messed around a little and SOMETIMES i feel that the sex we had before marriage was better because we didn't feel the "obligations of marriage " and at the time when me and my now husband were together as an intimate couple it helped me deal with a lot of problems i was having at home because i ,in a way ,felt i needed the contact with another being because i had few friends at the time and i wasn't on good terms with my family i could talk to them all day every day and still felt like they weren't there until he and i started going out i was the epitome of being alone in a crowd.. So all i'm saying is that every one has their reasons for the decision that they make and you need to be sure that you won't regret that decision later ...it's one you can't take back

sex is a beautiful thing and i don't regret having it before marriage just before the one i married.
  • volley15 2010/08/03 18:53:41
    volley15
    I didn't wait for marriage nor do I regret it.
  • *<3RAWR<3* 2010/08/03 16:31:47
    *<3RAWR<3*
    I wish I did but no my first time having sex was 13 : (
  • 666 n my heart® 2010/08/03 16:28:49
    666 n my heart®
    No. I was young. 14
    +1
    I myself didn't, but if that's what YOU want to do, coolness!
  • Cantus_bird 2010/08/03 16:02:32
    Cantus_bird
    +1
    I would highly recommend it ... :)
  • Pika 2010/08/03 15:51:18
    Pika
    +1
    Yup, glad I did too :)
  • joye 2010/08/03 15:28:11
    joye
    +1
    i waited until i got married but it is always up to the two people involved. for a woman its a much bigger decision and they do tend to be a bit more rational on why they are doing (most of the time) where as some males do it solely so they arent laughed at. in the end it is you taking the risk at im sorry but usually at fourteen they arent thinking about the "what ifs" like getting pregnant, getting the girl pregnant, getting a disease, ect. having sex is something that should be with the person you plan on having a future with :) youre smart for waiting .
  • Lunacat 2010/08/03 15:23:35
    Lunacat
    +1
    No, I didn't & no, I don't wish I had.
  • WyckyedGargoyle 2010/08/03 15:11:12
    WyckyedGargoyle
    +1
    I was almost 18 when I lost my virginity. Was not how I would have liked to looking back but if you think the time is right you will know. If you don't feel comfortable, don't do it. Good rule of thumb not only with sex but life.
  • Jane 2010/08/03 15:06:57
    Jane
    this is crazy! the only people i've heard of (and correct me if i'm wrong) doing this are religious.
    i think sex is a way to express extreme love for another person. And if you wait until marriage.... ahhhh. good luck with that.
  • Jay0Byrd 2010/08/03 14:54:34
    Jay0Byrd
    +1
    OH Hell No` I'm a child of the 60's child 60s
  • Lady Wh... Jay0Byrd 2010/08/03 16:20:04
    lolz!
  • Ruby 2010/08/03 14:23:37
    Ruby
    +3
    well.. am nearly 19 and am a proud virgin!!
    at least i wanna wait till marriage..
  • Auntie ... Ruby 2010/08/03 15:11:02
    Auntie J "GOD IS LOVE"-1John 4:15
    +1
    You can do it - many before you have. And you also avoid the risk of disease.
  • Ruby Auntie ... 2010/08/03 15:25:28
    Ruby
    +1
    haha.. well am Hindu.. so i guess am conservative!!
  • Mithol 2010/08/03 14:21:48
    Mithol
    +1
    Well, I've never been married and I'm not a virgin. So I guess the answer is no.
  • Cupcake<3 2010/08/03 14:20:56
    Cupcake<3
    +1
    well wait i wish i did i'm 15 and lost mine last summer i was 14 and in one summer i went from getting a first kiss to looseing my v card but i'm still with the guy! but not everyone is lucky like that so just wait if he really cares he will too oh and get with someone who is also a virgin it makes it alot better the guy i went with was also a virgin it was speacial but it would have been more if i waited
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2010/08/03 13:58:14
  • Gabrielle 2010/08/03 13:47:24
    Gabrielle
    just wait, until you think its times you will know your still pretty young to be having sex
  • wombat 2010/08/03 13:42:48
    wombat
    +4
    Thats up to you but you need to know that sex is something not happen very often after marriage. So that would make you the sorriest butt on earth.
  • Mithol wombat 2010/08/03 14:22:36
    Mithol
    +3
    Sounds like my parents.
  • wombat Mithol 2010/08/03 14:25:32
    wombat
    Thats how it is... woman dont like you as soon they have you under control. Marriage is plain nonsense.
  • Mithol wombat 2010/08/03 14:46:07
    Mithol
    +1
    Actually it's my dad who's colder on that front.
  • wombat Mithol 2010/08/03 14:48:37
    wombat
    ..because your mother is needy w/o doing anything(short boring!!!)..... at least that is fact for 99% of all cases.
  • Mithol wombat 2010/08/03 15:06:19
    Mithol
    +1
    Uh no. My mother is far from needy. My father is much more needy and more high maintenance. But I think he's mainly cold because he's got some form of Asberger's. Just a guess though.

And please. Your thinly veiled sexism is kinda ignorant.
  • wombat Mithol 2010/08/03 15:13:37
    wombat
    Well I just give you some insight about reality... does your mother talk a lot???
  • Mithol wombat 2010/08/03 15:17:41
    Mithol
    +1
    Yeah, but only to me and her friends. She's learnt not to talk to my dad because she'll either get a rant about politics or get blamed for something unrelated.

2014/10/23 22:08:55