Did God make homosexuals in God's own image?

bob 2012/05/03 18:22:41
Related Topics: God
God made homosexuals in God's own image
God is straight and did not homosexuals in God's own image
God made women in God's own image
God made space aliens in God's own image
God allows life to evolve into beautiful and fictional beings
What GOD or GODESS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

• TheMadChameleon 2012/05/03 19:27:27
    God made homosexuals in God's own image
    TheMadChameleon
    +5
    I always find the idea that God made everyone in "his" image, but has a set gender and presumably no sexuality, to be entertaining. That said, I don't think that whatever deity is out there really cares who a person is attracted to, or who they have sex with, so long as no one is harmed.

• Seiryuu mind-pilot 2012/05/04 23:37:22
    Seiryuu
    Like infertile couples who can't conceive.
  • mind-pilot Seiryuu 2012/05/04 23:57:58
    mind-pilot
    That is not the point I was referring to. I'm speaking strictly "biological imposibility" for two females to "multiply upon the earth".
  • Seiryuu mind-pilot 2012/05/04 23:59:06
    Seiryuu
    It's also a biological impossibility for a woman with no/severly damaged ova or men with no sperm to conceive. Jus' saying.
  • mind-pilot Seiryuu 2012/05/06 01:24:23
    mind-pilot
    It's understood. But my point is based on the question asked. The issue you want to expand upon should be discussed solely on it's own merits and not confused by mixing-up possibilities that are not directly related to the homosexual.
  • Seiryuu mind-pilot 2012/05/06 02:13:12
    Seiryuu
    *its

The thing is that you're saying people in general that can't conceive should be damned. You're essentially saying that if infertiles were also made in God's likeness, then they should be able to conceive. But they can't.
  • mind-pilot Seiryuu 2012/05/06 18:25:04
    mind-pilot
    I wasn't speaking "in general". I was speaking "specifically" of homosexuals and "the image of God". Nothing else. No one else. Please, just stay on track and you won't sound so confused.
  • Seiryuu mind-pilot 2012/05/07 05:55:23
    Seiryuu
    You're nitpicking and not considering any alternatives. lrn2openmindlikelegs
  • mind-pilot Seiryuu 2012/05/07 15:05:07
    mind-pilot
    I'm just considering the question at hand. Focus a little more and things will become clearer to you.
  • Seiryuu mind-pilot 2012/05/07 22:39:23
    Seiryuu
    All is clear as glass. You're just compartmentalizing incorrectly.
  • Ev Rom 2012/05/03 20:20:48 (edited)
    Ev Rom
    +2
    We are made in his "likeness" according to the bible God is not human, God is lesbian, a straight woman, man, a gay man, he is a black baby, an Asian, he is a deformed child, we are all made in his likeness, he does not just take one form. Read what a cherub actually is and it says its one of his most beautiful creations...
    Ezekiel 1:5–24
    And this was their appearance: they had a human likeness, 6 but each had four faces, and each of them had four wings. 7 Their legs were straight, and the soles of their feet were like the sole of a calf’s foot. And they sparkled plike burnished bronze. 8 Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. And the four had their faces and their wings thus: 9 their wings touched one another. Each one of them went straight forward, without turning as they went. 10 As for the likeness of their faces, each had a human face. The four had the face of a lion on the right side, the four had the face of an ox on the left side, and the four had the face of an eagle. 11 Such were their faces. And their wings were spread out above. Each creature had two wings, each of which touched the wing of another, while two covered their bodies. 12 And each went straight forward. Wherever the spirit would go, they went, without turning as they went. 13 As f...

Ezekiel 1:5–24
    And this was their appearance: they had a human likeness, 6 but each had four faces, and each of them had four wings. 7 Their legs were straight, and the soles of their feet were like the sole of a calf’s foot. And they sparkled plike burnished bronze. 8 Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. And the four had their faces and their wings thus: 9 their wings touched one another. Each one of them went straight forward, without turning as they went. 10 As for the likeness of their faces, each had a human face. The four had the face of a lion on the right side, the four had the face of an ox on the left side, and the four had the face of an eagle. 11 Such were their faces. And their wings were spread out above. Each creature had two wings, each of which touched the wing of another, while two covered their bodies. 12 And each went straight forward. Wherever the spirit would go, they went, without turning as they went. 13 As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was wlike burning coals of fire, like the appearance of torches moving to and fro among the living creatures. And the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning. 14 And the living creatures darted to and fro, like the appearance of a flash of lightning.

If we saw one of these creatures today we'd think it was hideous, thats why the bible says we should all love each other, we don't know who or what form God takes and we ALL have a little of him in us. If you saw God in every living creature you would know why he asks us to love one another.
  • Jeff Vader 2012/05/03 20:13:25
    Jeff Vader
    +4
    There is no God. it is a fantasy. tis a consummation Devoutly to be wished.

To sleep: perchance to dream: aye, there is the rub; For in that sleep of death what dreams may come, When we have shuffled off this mortal coil.
  • Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll 2012/05/03 20:11:38
    Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll
    +4
    Homosexuals are natures way of population control. That's my belief and I'm sticking to it.
  • Ev Rom Mr.Hood... 2012/05/03 20:27:51
    Ev Rom
    +2
    I agree, why do heterosexuals think that every human needs to breed? We already have too many people who starve, why do we need to overpopulate?
  • Seiryuu Ev Rom 2012/05/04 23:38:05
    Seiryuu
    +1
    I'm not so worried about overpopulation as I am about this collective stupidity that seems to be taking over this past decade.
  • Mr.Hood... Seiryuu 2012/05/05 12:42:08
    Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll
    I agree. I feel overpopulation is a myth. It's the greed of man that is overpopulating the world.
  • Lucid 2012/05/03 20:04:02
    Lucid
    +2
    the very idea of a god is ridiculous to me
  • Farnsworth 2012/05/03 19:45:28
    Farnsworth
    +3
    God made ignorance in your image.
  • reaper 2012/05/03 19:42:30
    reaper
  • TheMadChameleon 2012/05/03 19:27:27
    God made homosexuals in God's own image
    TheMadChameleon
    +5
  • Dave Sa... TheMadC... 2012/05/03 22:17:48
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    I find the idea that "no one is harmed" if we do thing in secret to be ludicrous, not entertaining. God the Father, and His Son are both male. His sexual relations are none of your business, but He has told us how He wants us to behave.
  • TheMadC... Dave Sa... 2012/05/04 02:12:40
    TheMadChameleon
    Mmhmm. So, in whose image were females made?
  • Dave Sa... TheMadC... 2012/05/04 03:10:25
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    Never heard of our Heavenly Mother I presume.
    Probably because people give our Heavenly Father such a hard time.
  • TheMadC... Dave Sa... 2012/05/04 04:10:07
    TheMadChameleon
    Do you mean the Holy Spirit, who I had always heard referred to as without gender? Or perhaps Mary, who is not a deity, and who was also born after females already existed. To who else would you be referring?
  • Dave Sa... TheMadC... 2012/05/04 04:33:18
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    No. We LDS have a hymn:

O My Father

"In the heavens are parents single?
    No, the thought makes reason stare.
    Truth is reason: truth eternal
    tells me I've a mother there.
    When I leave this frail existence,
    When I lay this mortal by,
    Father, Mother, may I meet you
    in your royal courts on high?"
  • TheMadC... Dave Sa... 2012/05/04 14:12:00
    TheMadChameleon
    Aaaaaaah, LDS. That explains it--I grew up Catholic, and of all the Christians I know I only know one LDS. I do not think any other sects of Christianity have a mother figure.
  • Dave Sa... TheMadC... 2012/05/04 14:17:20
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    The Catholics have kind of replaced her with Mary.
  • TheMadC... Dave Sa... 2012/05/04 14:19:32
    TheMadChameleon
    Not really. Catholics respect Mary very much, consider her a saint, but do not deify her. They believe that she is in heaven. The closest Catholics come to "praying" to Mary is asking her to pass along their prayers to Jesus if they want a mediator. Odd, perhaps, but not worship. So she cannot quite be considered to be a true mother figure.
  • Dave Sa... TheMadC... 2012/05/04 14:31:01
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    Why would anyone need a mediator with the Mediator?
  • TheMadC... Dave Sa... 2012/05/04 23:43:03
    TheMadChameleon
    Beats me. I left Catholicism long ago because it stopped making sense to me. However, I do know enough to know that they do not consider Mary a Goddess figure.
  • Dave Sa... TheMadC... 2012/05/04 23:53:13
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    I was raised a Baptist and I was taught to pray to the Father in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, our Mediator, in the power of the Holy Spirit. As a Latter-day Saint I also pray that way.
  • TheMadC... Dave Sa... 2012/05/05 17:18:17
    TheMadChameleon
    Yeah, most churches do that. Apparently this is why many Christians think Catholics deify Mary/the saints. Just different ways of praying though.
  • MDMA 2012/05/03 19:15:05
  • Dave Sa... MDMA 2012/05/03 22:18:35
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    So God knows less than we do?
    God is also the Judge of all the Earth.
  • MDMA Dave Sa... 2012/05/03 22:27:00
  • Dave Sa... MDMA 2012/05/03 22:44:40
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    But you said that God does not Judge.
  • MDMA Dave Sa... 2012/05/04 01:43:23
  • Dave Sa... MDMA 2012/05/04 03:11:20
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    God has declared His will and He is giving us a fair space of time to see it His way.
  • MDMA Dave Sa... 2012/05/04 15:04:47
  • Dave Sa... MDMA 2012/05/04 18:52:29
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    Go ahead.
    See what you come back as. :)
  • MDMA Dave Sa... 2012/05/04 18:58:25

2014/10/23 05:07:59