Connecticut man calls 911 over errant deli sandwich order

Curmudgeon 2012/06/17 07:13:11

A man at a Connecticut deli called 911 and asked the authorities to intervene after he became concerned that the sandwich shop was not preparing his order correctly.

"Um, hi. My name is Rother McLennon and I'm at Grateful Deli," the man says on the 911 recording. "I specifically asked for um little um, turkey, and little um ham and a lot of cheese and a lot of mayonnaise…and they are giving me a hard time so I was wondering if you could stop by and just…"

That's when the dispatcher responds in disbelief, asking, "You're calling 911 because you don't like the way they're making your sandwich?"

"Exactly," McLennon answers.

CBSNewYork reports that the dispatcher calmly advises the caller to not buy the sandwich and to leave the store.

"He's telling me he won't make it for me again, just because of that," McLennon pleads. "So, I just want to solve this the right way, you know?"

"They playing games with me," he continues. "So, I'm just wondering if you could come by?"

After what sounds like a scoff and a very long pause, the dispatcher says, "Just stay there, or stay outside, I'll send somebody. In the future, just don't buy the sandwich, ok?"

• beach bum 2012/06/17 10:21:29
    beach bum
    stupid
  • cddjmikey 2012/06/17 08:08:48
    cddjmikey
    Anybody that calls 911 for a stupid reason like that should be charged a fine of $500 ! Let it be known a month in advance through radio, TV and print ads in every paper. That way nobody can say they didn't know. These people could be tying up the line when somebody who really needs help could be trying to get through and so deserve no sympathy.
  • Dave0626 2012/06/17 07:39:46
    Dave0626
    ....Police: ...."OK, um, Could you , um, like hang around outside...We'll be right over, in, um ...a minute or so."....

police hang minute

2014/08/29 12:17:25