Can you believe, Obama lover Jay Leno actually admitted that?

Willy 2012/04/12 04:19:02
Jay Leno said gasoline has doubled in price since obama took office and that has only happened under one other president, Jimmy Carter. I am amazed that he admitted to a truthful fact.

• Jim 2012/04/12 19:40:38
    Jim
    +5
    I'm still amazed that there could be a worse president than Carter, but Obama has won the prize of worse president, err king ever. Obama is the president who wants to be king.

• sara 2012/04/12 08:28:11
    sara
    +1
    Obama is allowing the oil co's to screw the people. They probably contribute to his bogus campaign.
  • TheTruth1313 2012/04/12 07:50:34
    TheTruth1313
    +1
    Now if only all the other clueless morons that still support that lying socialist traitor Obama would start to get it that Obama is a piece of trash.
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2012/04/12 07:23:32
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +2
    Jay's not a true Obama lover. He's slammed him many times and more lately.
  • aslan 2012/04/12 06:54:05
    aslan
    +1
    Maybe Leno was over tired! He should be tired of his old routine.
    +2
    Gee ..
    He must have had a WHOPPER of a bill for his personal garage and auto collection

It finally DAWNS on Leno there's a PROBLEM here?

Hey, JAY .. I remember well the CARTER years .. and the problems then ..
    And yep .. I've been aware of the problems with the current administration too .. for a very long time
  • Chef Bu... sglmom 2012/04/12 06:54:01
    Chef Bunyan
    +3
    It was when Carter was POTUS that I went from Democommie to Republican! Wish I had awakened sooner!
  • geegee Chef Bu... 2012/04/12 11:15:55
    geegee
    +3
    So did I !!
  • ETpro 2012/04/12 06:23:52
    ETpro
    Facts are facts. When will Republicans admit that domestic production of oil is way up under Obama and that drill baby drill is NOT a sane energy policy?
  • redneck ETpro 2012/04/12 11:32:40
    redneck
    +3
    Only on private land,where the feds can't control it.
    http://www.politifact.com/vir...
    http://www.opposingviews.com/...
    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&...
    your obama is a failure and a lier.
  • Bevos ETpro 2012/04/12 11:45:04
    Bevos
    +1
    And..... You are getting your facts from Obama?
  • Maxine 2012/04/12 06:13:47
    Maxine
    +3
    I remember the Carter days--we had to go by our licese plates--odd numbers for odd days and even numbers for even days--the lines went all around the block. It was crazy!
    Hope we don't get there again.
  • H H 2012/04/12 05:54:06
    H H
    +2
    As leftist as the media is, it occasionally allows a little truth in a feeble attempt to appear objective.
  • ImSoMad 2012/04/12 05:48:39
    ImSoMad
    Ok I'm not an Obama fan. But theres nothing I hate worse than when people skew the facts! Gas was at $4 a gallon during the Bush administration as well.
  • Bevos ImSoMad 2012/04/12 11:49:37
    Bevos
    +3
    IT never got to $4.00 a gallon. It barely got over $3.00, then it went back down below $2.00 before Obama got in. Maybe in Ca it got that high. EVERYTHING is out of sight there.
  • KilrQueen 2012/04/12 05:25:09
    KilrQueen
    +3
    I'm shocked that he actually admitted the truth!
  • Jackie 2012/04/12 05:22:36
    Jackie
    +5
    The truth is the truth............... Gees I remember those dark days of Carter.
  • Red_Horse 2012/04/12 05:20:25
  • David Hussey 2012/04/12 05:04:52
    David Hussey
    Why does everyone blame the sitting President for the price of gasoline? And to all those pointing the finger at Obama right now, were you crying the same sad song when prices skyrocketed during the Bush admin?

And in general, quit you're damn whining. You guys pay less for your gasoline than anywhere in the developed world. You think you are entitled to an endless supply of cheap fuel. Well guess what, your not entitled to it
  • DJL David H... 2012/04/12 05:14:40
    DJL
    +5
    The price skyrocketed under Bush for a couple of weeks then the price went back down when Bush made a policy change. Bush was blamed and Bush fixed the problem. It is Obama's policies that have doubled the price so he gets the blame.
  • David H... DJL 2012/04/12 05:31:57
    David Hussey
    A couple of weeks? My, don't we have a selective memory
    couple weeks selective memory

So, when gas prices fall back to its nominal pricing will you applaud Obama for the policy decisions as well?
  • PeterB David H... 2012/04/12 06:07:35
    PeterB
    +1
    Unless I’m reading the chart wrong, it only shows prices above $4.00 for a few weeks in the months of June and July, 2008, possibly 4 or 5 weeks. Then it plummeted to a low of $1.60 by mid November. Two months later Obama took office, and pretty much the only direction it moved after that, is up.
  • David H... PeterB 2012/04/12 06:35:15
    David Hussey
    You seem to be ignoring that the current spike in prices is very similar to the spike at the end of the Bush admin, as though you are just assuming that prices will do nothing but continue to rise due to Obama's policies. It is presumptuous at best. And it is completely a deflection from the question I posed. Were all those hammering at Obama for the current price at the pump blaming Bush when gas was just as high? I doubt it, people are partisan idiots and only point the finger in one direction
  • Bevos David H... 2012/04/12 11:57:25 (edited)
    Bevos
    +1
    A LOT of people on here blamed Bush. Right and left. But he fixed the problem. Obama, not allowing anymore drilling offshore and on has caused this problem and you know it. And it is all to get his agenda of "green energy" that nobody wants, off the ground. So get off your high-horse and stop trying to cause an arguement.
  • David H... Bevos 2012/04/13 05:07:20
  • Bevos David H... 2012/04/13 14:51:16
    Bevos
    When did demand for oil vanish? If Obama would give permission to drill on the Govt leases and bring in the pipeline from Canada, Iran would have to DROP their prices because we could tell them to shove their oil;.
  • David H... Bevos 2012/04/14 02:42:20
    David Hussey
    When the markets collapsed and people were panicking. Nobody was traveling, industrial demand dropped off sharply and all those getting their pink slips weren't filling up their gas guzzlers. Were you not paying any attention?
  • Bevos David H... 2012/04/14 12:08:02
    Bevos
    DUH! That was during the Obama Administration! Where have you been?
  • David H... Bevos 2012/04/14 18:34:23
    David Hussey
    No it wasn't, you [partisan tools are incredible. next thing you'll be telling me is how Obama invaded Iraq. Shake your head, clear the propaganda out and finally take an objective and honest look at things. Or, stay in your narrow partisan box and keep on blaming half of the problem while your getting shafted from both ends
  • PeterB David H... 2012/04/12 17:50:10
    PeterB
    +1
    Dave,

You speak the truth. If you recall however, there was a hue and cry when gas prices escalated during the Bush administration, as loud or louder than than today’s. The difference is that it was partisan Democrats who were screaming back then. It is a political 'hot potato,’ where 'the buck' inevitably lands on the president’s desk.
    Obviously the president can’t personally control the prices at the pump, but he can certainly influence them by policy and directional decisions. For instance if Obama were to do a 180 on the Keystone pipe line, or announce the opening of more Federal lands for oil exploration, prices would probably drop significantly on the perception that future increased quantities potentially made available, would assure sufficient future supply, whether it was true or not. The president might also be able to do something, if only on a temporary basis, with the $.40/ gal federal gas tax. The question is, Does this president really want lower fossil fuel prices in the face of his concerted and stated affinity for ‘green’ energy solutions. He’s painted himself into a corner.
    It’s a thorny problem that both you and I seem to have a pretty good feel for. It’s Obama’s problem and dilemma. Should be interesting to see which way he jumps. Take a politically expedien...

Dave,

It’s a thorny problem that both you and I seem to have a pretty good feel for. It’s Obama’s problem and dilemma. Should be interesting to see which way he jumps. Take a politically expedient and popular course, that really does something to effect the prices downward, or stick to his ideological push for ‘green” energy, which today necessarily calls for higher fossil fuel costs to try to stay close to being competitive. I don't envy him. Damed if he does and damned if he doesn’t, but that comes with the territory.

Regards,
    Pete
  • David H... PeterB 2012/04/13 05:13:55
    David Hussey
    +1
    Thanks for your insightful take on this Pete, and I find nothing which I disagree with. The partisanship is both amusing and distressing, for I think it is largely responsible for the lack of accountability from elected officials who know they can count on those partisan votes regardless of what they do in office.

What I find truly fascinating is how much perceptions are disconnected with realities in many of these points. Keystone for example, I think you are right that an approval of that project would be a downward influence on pump prices in spite of the proposed destination for what would come down that pipe are not US markets.

It is a precarious situation Obama finds himself in, one I do not envy either. Like you, I will enjoy the show.
  • PeterB David H... 2012/04/14 11:51:27
    PeterB
    Dave,
    Believe this year will be a pivotal year for our country. Being of a more conservative view, I pretty much would like to see things go back to, and then stay as what THE FOUNDERS ENVISIONED. But if the majority of the electorate decide that we should move even more toward a European style, socialist leaning approach, then so be it.

I’m 71 years old. I won’t have to live with whichever decision for very much longer. My children and grandchildren however would have to live with what I think would be a big mistake. (I have four married children and 10 grand. Every one of them, including their spouses, are more conservative than I, and very vocal and very active. I, a Goldwater Conservative am the ‘liberal’ in the crowd when we gather!)

Perception and reality: You don’t sell the steak, you sell he sizzle! Con men have been doing it since the days of snake oil elixirs. The current resident of the WH, would have done well on the back of a horse drawn wagon.

Have a great day,
    Pete
  • aslan DJL 2012/04/12 06:52:02
    aslan
    Thank you for your sane comment!
  • CuresCa... David H... 2012/04/12 05:22:50
    CuresCancer
    +2
    The media blasted Bush for the high price of gas day after day and week after week. Now they want to blame the credit card companies.

Our gas is cheaper in large part because our taxes on gas are much lower. Also, because the US is a big country, the better yardstick is how much fuel does a person use in a week, not the price of gas per gallon.
  • David H... CuresCa... 2012/04/12 05:37:52
    David Hussey
    Yes, I remember the tirade in the media at the time. I was not asking how the media was portraying it, I was just wondering if the Obama bashers were bashing Bush at the time.

You're correct about the impact of taxation on the price at the pump. Its been a while since I traveled in America, but my recollection of the state of repair of the highways reflected that lack of taxation to some degree.
  • Bevos David H... 2012/04/12 12:08:49
    Bevos
    The state of the Highways started a LONG time ago. I remember going to Mich 25 yrs ago and the highways were deplorable. And when I lived there, Mich was written up in the Newspapers as having some of the best highways of ANY state. I was always proud of that fact.
    I now live in Al. and the State had just resurfaced all of our Paved Highways 2005. And that was the only thing Obama could come up with to put people to work, so we got them resurfaced again. A big waste, but like I said, Obama can't think beyond Rds.
  • David H... Bevos 2012/04/13 05:17:09
    David Hussey
    Funny you mention Mich, for it was the state of I-75 south out of Detroit which has stood out in my memory as a main artery which was disintegrating when I traveled down it. At least you got something from the Obama 'stimulus', some temporary employment and some fresh asphalt... seems more than what the majority of the money spent there delivered
  • Bevos David H... 2012/04/13 14:57:39 (edited)
    Bevos
    +1
    And that disentegration started long before the FIRST Bush was in office. You should have driven NORTH out of Detroit if you wanted to see some REAL disentegration of the highways. I remember when I-75, Flint area, fell completely apart. About three miles of it.
    I don't understand what your last statement means. What money spent here?
  • David H... Bevos 2012/04/14 02:46:03
    David Hussey
    Yeah, it was in the mid 80s when I was doing my traveling in America. Something tells me that the condition of the Interstates have been in a slow decline since they were constructed.

Oh, you had said they repaved the already repaved roads in AL. That is the money spent I referred to, perhaps I misunderstood your statement regarding the roadwork
  • Bevos David H... 2012/04/14 12:22:43
    Bevos
    I-75 was constructed back in the 50s and early 60s.
    And what I was saying about the money spent here, We had just resurfaced our rds in 2005. So the money spent on resurfacing them again, was wasted. But to get ANY money to put OUR people to work, we had to use it to resurface our rds AGAIN! Because Obama is an ignorant SO and SO that can't think beyond his nose. And because Roosevelt put guys to work on rds. that was the only thing Obama could come up with to "create" jobs, like he said he was going to do. But that is because he has NO IDEA about the WORKING CLASS and what is involved in keeping them working!
  • Jackie David H... 2012/04/12 05:29:38
    Jackie
    +1
    Oh yeah. But people who don't work are "Entitled' to computers and internet service and cell phones with free service too?

We could drill for our own oil. We have more oil and gas resources than any other country. But you don't see Obama pushing for and alllowing it, do you. Yet he did promise that if he became President, that we would pay thru the nose for utilites and gas. Strangely the only promise he has kept.

2014/07/22 23:08:51