Brits laugh at Louisiana text book that claims Nessie is real? Bad or Sad?

flaca BN-0 2012/06/25 20:41:05
Are dinosaurs alive today? Scientists are becoming more convinced of their existence. Have you heard of the `Loch Ness Monster' in Scotland? `Nessie,' for short has been recorded on sonar from a small submarine, described by eyewitnesses, and photographed by others. Nessie appears to be a plesiosaur.

Could a fish have developed into a dinosaur? As astonishing as it may seem, many evolutionists theorize that fish evolved into amphibians and amphibians into reptiles. This gradual change from fish to reptiles has no scientific basis. No transitional fossils have been or ever will be discovered because God created each type of fish, amphibian, and reptile as separate, unique animals. Any similarities that exist among them are due to the fact that one Master Craftsmen fashioned them all."

Thousands of students across the state are eligible to receive publicly funded vouchers to allow them to attend private Christian schools where textbooks published by Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) claim the monster was actually a dinosaur that existed at the same time as man, an assertion which conflicts with the theory of evolution.

The Times Educational Supplement, a British publication for teachers, published an article in 2009 that included an excerpt from Accelerated Christian Education's Biology 1099 textbook, which was published in 1995:

• NarcolepticGoat 2012/06/25 20:55:44
    NarcolepticGoat
    +5
    I hate that the kids are learning nonsense. I hate that we are the laughingstock.

But it isn't just talking about the Lock Ness monster that amuses the world, it is creationism and young earth stuff in general.

• COMALite J 2012/07/22 02:30:50
    Sad. I hate it when we are a laughing stock around the world
    COMALite J
    +1

“Was this on page tree-fiddy in the textbook?”
  • Ian 2012/07/01 17:54:11
    Bad. Everyone knows Nessie is real. (except the Scots)
    Ian
    +3
    I have seen Nessie several times.
  • Mike Ian 2012/07/02 17:53:43
    +4
    Really? When and where?
  • Ian Mike 2012/07/02 18:00:45
    Ian
    +5
    On the road alongside the loch after spending the evening with the Hart Brothers.
  • MikeMel... Ian 2012/07/02 19:54:11
  • Radical Ed 2012/07/01 14:25:59
    Radical Ed
    +1
    As a Brit i raise my tea cup at the absurdity of this.
  • Heptarch 2012/06/26 01:22:01
    Heptarch
    +2
    "This gradual change from fish to reptiles has no scientific basis."

Only if you completely ignore the transitional fossils and the lungfish.

"No transitional fossils have been or ever will be discovered"

And there you have it.
  • Jeff Vader 2012/06/25 22:22:32 (edited)
    Jeff Vader
    +2
    It would be funny if it weren't so tragic. I live in Scotland, and I've been to Loch Ness. If you ask if Nessie is real to any the locals the will usually say no and start to laugh, then whisper, don't tell anyone for Christ sake :)

• flaca BN-0 Jeff Vader 2012/06/26 01:25:26
    flaca BN-0
    +1
    it's nice for tourism and fun, but the Scots do laugh about it, that's true!
  • c.stuar... Jeff Vader 2012/07/22 02:21:15
    c.stuartHardwick
    +1
    Nessie is a myth, but religious extremism in the American south is real, crafty, and armed with long and poisonous fangs.
  • flaca BN-0 c.stuar... 2012/07/22 19:20:30
    flaca BN-0
    +1
    yeah.. we have the real meaning of "monsters"
  • Pele Emerging 2012/06/25 21:08:00
    Pele Emerging
    +2
    Text book publishers too often publish what the public wants these days, and not what is factual.
  • NarcolepticGoat 2012/06/25 20:55:44
    NarcolepticGoat
    +5

• Cuppajo 2012/06/25 20:49:40
    Cuppajo
    +1
    Perhaps they should have paid to send one of the union stooge teachers to Inverness so they could visit the museum and hear the truth.
  • Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum 2012/06/25 20:47:18
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    +1
    Nessie has to be real. Napoleon Dynamite even gave an oral report on the Loch Ness Monster.

napoleon dynamite nessie

2014/09/22 22:56:56