As a christian, is it bad that I take part in spiritualism and magic and i'm interested in various Pagan beliefs?

YourCompanionCube 2012/08/18 15:08:47
A friend called it satanic. A few folks from my church called it blasphemy...I don't see the deal. Did Jesus not perform magic? Bring the dead back to life? Walk on water and Levitate? I hate misconceptions that some Christians have about Pagan beliefs and Magic. I was asked why I was wearing a pentagram necklace (The regular, which is elemental, not inverted, which Is a symbol of Baphomet), and asked If I knew what it meant. I explained that it represented the five elements but he was adamant it was a sign of sorcery. And I'm speaking as a christian when I say that many of us are as ignorant as the people who are "SURE" there is no god. And I did some research too! The pentagram is also a christian symbol as well! In all honesty, I just like the way it looks, But I know what it actually means. We need to stop these misconceptions, or else more will have such about us.

• joshBigBoss 2012/08/21 23:06:37
    joshBigBoss
    God has no use for symbols really, but for us humans those symbols mean something. If you want to call yourself a Christian and behave as a pagan then you are the one who is being ignorant. The Bible says "if what you eat causes your brother to sin then don't eat it in front of him." It may not harm your faith, but it harms others faith.
  • YourCom... joshBig... 2012/08/21 23:09:13 (edited)
    YourCompanionCube
    I'm an agnostic now, because there's obviously zero tolerance. I'm considering going Heathen.
  • joshBig... YourCom... 2012/08/21 23:23:28
    joshBigBoss
    You don't have faith that's why you are agnostic. Tolerance for sin is not what Christianity has ever been about.
  • YourCom... joshBig... 2012/08/21 23:26:36
    YourCompanionCube
    I don't tolerate sin, But I don't tolerate Ignorance, especially from other christians.
  • joshBig... YourCom... 2012/08/21 23:32:28
    joshBigBoss
    So don't tolerate it, but at the same time you seem like you might be dealing with it personally in some ways.
  • joshBig... joshBig... 2012/08/21 23:09:19
    joshBigBoss
    Also, if you are supposed to be a Christian then you need to stop taking religious advice from people who are obviously not Christian. They can't inform how to behave as a Christian anymore than a monkey could.
  • Metaldane 2012/08/18 16:51:07
    Metaldane
    +1
    Not at all pagan religions are quite interesting and much of Christianity was taken from pagan beliefs or absorbed as a way of converting them. Though as a side note I'd like to add because of the satanic comment they said one paganism has nothing to do with that and two funny enough satanism has nothing to do with that either lolz
  • YourCom... Metaldane 2012/08/19 01:21:40 (edited)
    YourCompanionCube
    I realize the difference between LaVeyanism, Luciferism, and Devil-Worship. They don't... :/
  • Cunning Stunts 2012/08/18 16:44:40
    Cunning Stunts
    You're already deluded so it can't hurt.
  • rawrimamoocow 2012/08/18 15:46:18
    rawrimamoocow
    +1
    Of course not. A lot of aspects of Christianity are taken from Paganism. Its not Satanic, its not bad, its not blasphemous.
  • L1 2012/08/18 15:43:51
    L1
    I don't think so. There are such a thing as Christian witches and I knew quite few.
    Jesus claimed he was the son of God. According to Christians, God created the universe, which includes the Laws of Nature. Therefore, Jesus used the Laws of Nature and not “magic” to do his work. Humanity is just beginning to understand some of these Laws; hence, trains, planes, automobiles, iPhones, medicine, CPR (to some, bring one back from the dead), etc. Even the folks who play with magic cannot violate the Laws of Nature; they are only playing with your imagination. Perhaps, you will be better off studying the handwriting of God, that is, reading the Laws of Nature via the scientific method.
  • lyle 2012/08/18 15:32:33
    lyle
    and what about when he played the psychic to the woman at the well ?......its all cool as long as its 'positive'
  • rich 2012/08/18 15:23:33
    rich
    +1
    Most things in Christianity come from Pagan practices, as do many religions, so don't worry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
  • Fran-Halen 2012/08/18 15:17:07
    Fran-Halen
    +1
    You are not a christian if you participate in said practices...It's okay, your life is not in jeopardy. Feel the freedom from religious doctrine and dogma , enjoy it !
  • stevegtexas@aol.com 2012/08/18 15:16:52

2014/11/27 04:36:51