Are you for or against abortion?

ashlee 2012/09/20 19:40:07
Related Topics: Abortion
This sensitive topic is often avoided due to the many opinionated views. I ask this question for that very reason so please be as opinionated as you wish. Tho I purely for curiosities own sake.

• No
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +6
    I am very far right and probably the most pro-life person on Sodahead..I have a Downs daughter and 9 out of 10 Downs children are aborted..Abortion get my blood boiling more then any topic..There seems to be no push for adoption in this nation! pro life pro life The Rock and Makayla

• ☆thehappyconservative☆ 2012/10/02 07:55:35
    Other
    ☆thehappyconservative☆
    +1
    That's a weird way to ask a question with the response answers available.. I'm am with you Rock. I believe life begins at conception, if not there then where does it begin? I strongly believe in an addoption process oppossed to abortion. In some cases of rape, I believe emergency contraceptive (morning after pill) may be appropriate.. aside from that, absolutely not.
  • andrew.micheals.353 2012/09/24 13:43:30
    Other
    andrew.micheals.353
    Women have the right to decide what they want to do with their bodies. You should probably not be telling someone to have a baby unless you are prepared to raise it.
  • Willow 2012/09/22 02:41:53
    Willow
    Under VERY dire circumstances. If a 15 year old little slut gets knocked up, then let the baby live, teach the hoe some responsibility. But if a 12 year old girl is raped, then yes, don't make her go through something she couldn't control.
  • Recruit 2012/09/22 00:29:01
    Other
    Recruit
    Just my thoughts ,not saying that im right,just posting my opinion.
    I think that the woman who is pregnant should be the only person to decide if she wants to give birth or not to give birth.
  • GaolBlaze 2012/09/21 22:56:06
    Other
    GaolBlaze
    I personally am against abortion, I would never want to do it and would not want anyone to do it. However, I completely understand why people WOULD do it, and I feel it's not MY choice and so if someone feels the need to do that, then who am I to stop them? The child is not born yet, and it has not really experienced life yet, and if it is better for this child not to exist (in the mother's mind), then, sadly, it's better now than later. It's not something people wake up and just do out of the blue, it takes time and consideration and it's a horrible ordeal to go through, people don't pick it just for the fun of it, it's for whatever reason they feel they can't have the child, and we should respect that - who are we to decide what's best for those individuals?
  • Fluttershy 2012/09/21 19:54:52
    Other
    Fluttershy
    against. abortion doesn't just hurt the baby. women who get abortions actually double their risk for breast, servical, and ovarian cancers. it's initially taking 2 lives. if you really truly don't want the baby, put it up for adoption! give it to a family member or friend! just don't kill the poor thing! baby
  • iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~ 2012/09/21 14:44:25
    Other
    iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~
    I doubt that few people are really "for" abortion...like they think it's a good thing.

However, from a legal perspective, I am pro-choice.
  • sαиѕ sσℓєιℓ~ 2012/09/21 13:38:10
    sαиѕ sσℓєιℓ~
    against it, it could be very harmful if done repeatedly
  • Swan Eshdeh 2012/09/21 12:54:56
    Swan Eshdeh
    i am against it .
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/09/21 12:06:55
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    No to abortion. It is child sacrifice. Hitler was a devout evolutionist and pro-choice liberal.
  • Essie 2012/09/21 12:01:59
    Essie
    +1
    I'm sorry for choosing 'Yes' button.I thought it means that I'm against it.
    Well,I am against abortion cause it means you're killing a little baby.It doesn't matter how younger it is,you kill it when you abort it :(
  • Mr.Steve 2012/09/21 11:25:25
  • apaтнeтιc lycanтнrope 2012/09/21 08:44:08
    apaтнeтιc lycanтнrope
    +1
    Pro-choice.
  • FortunaVeritas 2012/09/21 05:30:12
    Other
    FortunaVeritas
    +1
    The question is either poorly phrased or poorly phrased and misinformed as to the question that should be asked or that does exist.
  • butterflies2022 2012/09/21 03:43:31
    butterflies2022
    +3
    Abortion is murdering a baby. It is brutally used and abused as birth control. I've seen women have four abortions before they were twenty. How insane to murder a baby, rather than to carry it to term and put it up for adoption?! I know people that would give their right arm for a baby. Shessh....let one of those wonderful people adopt it.
  • ~Here Comes The Sun~ 2012/09/21 03:33:56
    ~Here Comes The Sun~
    Only if she were raped, ill, really disabled.....
  • MrsB 2012/09/21 03:15:24
    Other
    MrsB
    I wouldn't consider an abortion for myself, but who am I to tell someone what is okay to do with their body?
  • Elbuscus 2012/09/21 03:02:03
    Other
    Elbuscus
    this isn't a yes or no question.
    btw, I'm against abortion all the way.
  • Tunnel Vision 2012/09/21 02:53:48
    Other
    Tunnel Vision
    I'm for human rights
  • ikeknight 2012/09/21 02:31:52
    Other
    ikeknight
    First off, I am a guy and I have no right to tell a women what to do with her body, however that doesn't mean I don't have an opinion about it. I am uncomfortable with abortion, but I believe it should be available for rape, incest and the health of the mother. Selective abortion makes me uncomfortable and I haven't come down on either side yet.
  • Me 2012/09/21 02:28:13
    Other
    Me
    +2
    pro choice
  • Cheerios 2012/09/21 02:13:21
    Cheerios
    +2
    I'm confused about the options... anyway, i'm pro-choice.
  • tj ~(^-^)~ 2012/09/21 02:10:14
    Other
    tj  ~(^-^)~
    +1
    I really do not like the idea of abortion, at all. I think of it now as; you're killing something you've created'. Is that what you want? I know that a foetus isn't really developed for a while, but it's kind of annoying for me when people think that that makes it okay.
    There are however, circumstances where I would accept someone having an abortion, like if they were raped or something along those lines, but still.
    But, if it's an accident and you're young, you've just given up your younger years basically. That's why I think people should aim to have children when they're in their twenties, that way they're more likely to be prepared, physically and mentally. The mindset of a teenager isn't the same as someone in their twenties (on average) and things like children should be put off.
    Also, if the mother has a certain condition and the baby endangers her life, then abortion is acceptable, but it's the mother's choice. Not only this, but I believe that if the baby is going to be born with a horrible disability, in some circumstances, abortion could be considered.
    But, if you do fall pregnant and aren't prepared or ready for a child, still give birth to it, and then let it go to a home where it can be loved by someone who isn't able to have children. There are almost always other options, you just have to look for them.
    Okay, I went off on a bit of a ramble, but yeah.....
  • chevyprincess 2012/09/21 01:30:42
    Other
    chevyprincess
    against
  • Jesse 2012/09/21 01:14:59
    Other
    Jesse
    +2
    Its a womens personal choice.
  • rereblue 2012/09/21 01:14:32
    Other
    rereblue
    +2
    It's the woman's choice, and it is a very personal decision only she can make.
  • Rust 2012/09/21 01:08:47
  • tooner259 2012/09/21 01:07:03
    Other
    tooner259
    +2
    I am pro-choice.A woman has the right to make her own choice.
    Other
    +1
    I believe that women who are raped, suffer incest or have their own life threatened by the pregnancy should have the option of termination of that pregnancy.
  • Arianne 2012/09/21 00:24:24
    Other
    Arianne
    Well that depends. I'm generally against using it as a form of birth control but I REALLY think that the anti-abortion people are going way too off the rails. That said someone who was raped or who's life was in danger should have the choise to get the baby aborted.
  • JohnT 2012/09/20 23:26:57
    Other
    JohnT
    +2
    I am for a woman's right to make her own decision, which is federal law and allows her to do that. I am not in favor of anyone or a group to tell a person what they can do with their body. It is none of their business. I say that because if I want to end my life based upon illness no one has the right to tell me I cannot. People need to worry about themselves and less about what other people do. Our Government cannot balance our budget and has a terrible record on human rights. Bottom line I was not born capable of having a child so it is not my business.
  • Sour Dime 2012/09/20 23:06:41
    Sour Dime
    +1
    Yes I am for abortion.
  • sluggostalker 2012/09/20 23:06:09
    Other
    sluggostalker
    +1
    Personnaly I wouldn't.be involved in one.but I don't have a right to tell someone else what they should do.I hope I never have to face it head on.but ive been married for 28 years and I don't think ill have to
  • Soundstorm 2012/09/20 23:04:50
    Other
    Soundstorm
    "For or against" is not a Yes/No option. (Do I make a left turn or a right? Yes. Whaaa......? CRASH!) That's how that works out.
    Also this is a topic that is seldom shied away from in SodaHead's rough and tumble forums though admittedly it's a taboo topic in public settings. For the record I'm decisively against abortion at every stage after conception which is the scientifically proven stage at which all the genealogical characteristics of a new human individual are gathered together. Even in cases of rape and incest. An innocent life should not pay the ultimate penalty for another's wrongdoing. Now does this make me one of the dreaded nether dwelling extremists your mothers and news media guides have warned you about? Am I one of those starch collared uptight Christian Conservatives you joke about with your friends to affirm you have no part of them?
    Whatever you think of me for my stance you're only revealing to me your own hangups and prejudices. Otherwise I'm just an individual who wants no one to have to die.
  • Soundstorm Soundstorm 2012/09/20 23:11:12
    Soundstorm
    +1
    Why is this grim topic under Fun and Humor?
  • laydeelapis 2012/09/20 22:44:07
    laydeelapis
    I'm not for it, I'm just for the option to do it if you want to.
  • L1 2012/09/20 22:32:58
    L1
    +1
    Pro-choice.
  • TheBadOne 2012/09/20 22:28:00 (edited)
    Other
    TheBadOne
    +1
    Fundamentally, I'm against it and oppose elective late-term abortions.

However, I don't believe a woman wants to have an abortion either. A woman who is raped should have the right to make the decision whether or not she wants to raise the child. A girl who was molested by a family member should have the right to decide whether or not she wants to have the child born. A woman who finds out that her child is going to be born with life-debilitating illness should have the right to decide whether or not the child should be born for dying or if it's more merciful to commit the abortion. Finally, a woman whose own life is endangered by the child should have the right to sever the wicked hand (per se) instead of risking her own life.

There in lies our problem.

We have two major political factions that, in my honest opinion, do not have a pragmatic approach not just to abortion, but to the whole culture of life and sexuality as well. On one hand, we have a political faction that is looking to protect the unborn, but they also want the kids to "Just Say No" to sex instead of protecting themselves (thus driving up teenage pregnancy and STD rates), want to ensure gays cannot get married or unite freely (thus forcing "unwanted" children to remain in foster care instead of being mem...

There in lies our problem.

We have two major political factions that, in my honest opinion, do not have a pragmatic approach not just to abortion, but to the whole culture of life and sexuality as well. On one hand, we have a political faction that is looking to protect the unborn, but they also want the kids to "Just Say No" to sex instead of protecting themselves (thus driving up teenage pregnancy and STD rates), want to ensure gays cannot get married or unite freely (thus forcing "unwanted" children to remain in foster care instead of being members of loving families), support a public business's right to refuse emergency contraception if the person/pharmacist selling it has a moral objection (a Catholic hospital is one thing, but CVS?), and support kicking orphans out to the street once they've hit 18 years of age (though I guess that makes it easier to have recruits to go fight wars around the globe while their kids enjoy college.) On the other hand, we have a political party that supports sex education that focuses more on the act than how it applies to one's life, claims to support gay marriage during an election year, supports govt.-funded emergency contraceptives as a favor to the Big Pharma lobbyists who pay their bills, and feels it's a "choice" if a woman commits an elective abortion against a 7-month old fetus (I was born 2-months premature, so that last one hits close to home for me.)

The real answer lies somewhere in the middle.

- I think that kids should be taught comprehensive sex education, but also need to be taught the emotional ramifications of having sex too early as opposed to the physical ones (I don't care to admit how long it took me to get over the girl I lost my virginity to and I'm glad I was out of high school once we broke up.)

- I do believe that gay couples who adopt children should not have to worry about the government ripping these children away from their homes only for them to live in a foster home.

- I don't think we need any more interference for proactive contraceptives (you can get them from your local health service center or Planned Parenthood for free) but I do think emergency contraceptives should be price-controlled and any public or publicly-traded institution should not obstruct women from obtaining emergency contraceptives.

- Give the now-adult orphans a soft landing so they can be eased out of the foster care system between ages 21-25, which I should hope would include grants that would enable them to receive an education so they can go on to be productive members of society.

Once you start implementing that, you start taking away the reasons why abortion is necessary unless it's for an absolutely traumatic reason. I'd love to see us transform from an abortion-oriented society into an adoption-oriented one. However, all sides need to be realistic with themselves as to how to go about this instead of forcing their "one-size-fits-most" religious/political views upon the masses.
  • Not-A-RINO 2012/09/20 21:57:46
    Other
    Not-A-RINO
    The answers should be "For' and 'Against'.

I am 100% against abortion for convenience which is about 99.5%. The secret where babies come from has been out a few years by now and it's high time people start displaying some dignity and personal responsibility. If you don't want children, then don't screw around or use birth control (don't cry to anyone if you get an STD or "saber-toothed crotch crickets" from sleeping around!)
  • TheBadOne Not-A-RINO 2012/09/20 22:33:05
    TheBadOne
    +1
    I disagree that the choice on abortion is black and white like you suggest, but I will wholeheartedly campaign to have STDs now referred to as STCCs.

Guy in Dr's Office: Doc, what's wrong?!
    Doctor: Ah yes, you have some Sexually Transmitted Crotch Crickets. You've been picking up those loose women again, haven't ya?

2014/08/29 08:19:54