Are there a lot of Christophobes on Sodahead?

☆ElenaDiamond☆ 2012/07/15 15:55:32
I have noticed this irrational, fear and hatred of Christians lately. I see posts about them, mocking their beliefs, posting up insanely disgusting pictures and ridiculing them for their core beliefs; and even what appears to be an insane fear of the Christian values.

fear of the lord

Christophobia or Christianphobia is defined on the web.

irrational fear of, aversion to or discrimination against Christians or Christianity
Christian:"Hey Johnny, my church is having a free concert tonight. Want to go?" Christaphobe:"CHURCH?!! No way! I HATE Christians! You guys are so bigoted and hateful!!!" Christian:"Johnny, are you living with Christaphobia?"

scared to death

Christophobes are the same ones that defend Militant Islam. Here are some ways to recognize Christophobes.

You can find them pretending to have powers that far surpass anything Christians have.

They often practice Antisemitism as well.

They generally talk on iPhones or androids and drive late model cars while complaining about the 1%.

You will find them often blasting anyone who dare to criticize the homosexual lifestyle.

Many of them like to wear tee shirt or avatars that support the butcher Che Guevara.

They may perhaps be found quoting radical extremists such as Westboro as examples of normal Christians.

• Michael McFascist 2012/07/23 09:25:07
    I see Christophobes!!
    Michael McFascist
    Everyone needs to have their noses thumped once in awhile...doesn't matter who they are.
  • Man_Bear_Pig 2012/07/23 09:06:50
    LOL
    Man_Bear_Pig
    I have no problem with Christian people in general. I have a problem with the holier than thou complex that some Christians have. And I have a problem with people trying to pass laws based on ANY religion.
  • Red_Horse 2012/07/22 12:48:50
  • angelbaby 2012/07/22 06:32:58 (edited)
    Yes there is.
    angelbaby
    +1
    I don't debate or answer questions on this subject because they are waiting like vultures for your reply to hit their blog. They have no interest in what you have
    to say.. But rather want to pick a fight.
  • Nimitz 2012/07/22 05:52:03
    Yes there is.
    Nimitz
    +2
    There are also a lot of people on Sodahead who don't like being preached at.

I'm a Christian, but beyond that I won't bother you about my faith--UNLESS you ask.
  • Red_Horse Nimitz 2012/07/22 13:02:57 (edited)
  • Nimitz Red_Horse 2012/07/22 20:14:16
    Nimitz
    +1
    Agreed. I never said I wouldn't react in self defense. :->
  • Red_Horse Nimitz 2012/07/22 20:15:41
  • jackibuck 2012/07/20 19:30:27
    Yes there is.
    jackibuck
    +1
    They're everywhere!
  • Happy 2012/07/18 16:11:33
    LOL
    Happy
    I see some irrational hatred for Christians, but the majority is just bringing out the dark side of the religion, which should be seen. There really should be no complaining about it either, this type of "persecution" is nothing compared to what was done by Christians in the past.
  • Red_Horse Happy 2012/07/22 12:53:59 (edited)
  • Happy Red_Horse 2012/07/22 15:57:22
    Happy
    Actually the Dark Side of Christianity is that it says in the bible how if you don't follow this you will be tortured in hell for eternity, it tells all Christians to convert others and basically tries to get people to follow without thinking for themselves. I wouldn't count Hitler on the list because his atheist beliefs did not cause any of his killings. If i were to count every war that was started by a christian leader, most would be irrelevant to the fact he was Christian. There is still Christians persecution today, its just not accepted by the government and leaders of countries anymore. I am sure you have heard of Christians beating homosexuals to death, Christian Persecution is by no means over but it is improving. I am fully aware that every religion has persecuted someone in their history, but i am curious who you think "my people" are.
  • Red_Horse Happy 2012/07/22 16:00:28 (edited)
  • Happy Happy 2012/07/22 16:04:05 (edited)
    Happy
    LOL you just proved my point
    1. you block me because you could not come up with an argument and decide to ignore anything that doesn't fit your beliefs.
    2. "No, that's the dark side of God" well the whole religion is centered around God, so it would be the dark side of the whole religion.
    3. If you actually had a brain, you would look at my profile and see i am a Pagan, instead you assume i am an atheist.
  • Arianne 2012/07/16 08:49:18
    Yes there is.
    Arianne
    Its sad but true. There's a lot of hate going around. I may not be Christian but I can respect it for what it is at its core. However we can't deny that questionable actions, plus things we see on the news: gay bashing, self-righteousness, people who complain about their kids reading Harry Potter. These things give Christianity a pretty bad name.
  • Red_Horse Arianne 2012/07/22 13:03:48
  • Arianne Red_Horse 2012/07/23 05:50:34
    Arianne
    +1
    Agreed. Like I said I respect Christianity at its core, and I respect Christians who stay true to that. Those who are so self-righteous on the other hand give Christianity a bad name.
  • ✞Knight of Honor 2012/07/16 08:23:34
    Yes there is.
    ✞Knight of Honor
    +3
    People are afraid of the Truth.
  • Stef and the City 2012/07/16 07:32:42
  • MandaLynne 2012/07/16 02:02:52
    Yes there is.
    MandaLynne
    +2
    There’s no doubt that persecution is a stark reality of living the Christian life. The apostle Paul warned us that “everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted” (2 Timothy 3:12). Jesus told us to expect persecution from the world because if they persecuted Him, they will persecute His followers also. Jesus has made it very clear to us that those of the world will hate us because they hate Him.

We are motivated by the love of God and holiness, while the world is driven by the love of sin. It is our very separation from the world that arouses the world's animosity toward us. The world would prefer that we were like them; since we are not, they hate us.

In all truth, persecution is good for us. James argues that trials test our faith, work or develop (endurance) in our lives, and help develop maturity (James 1:2-4). For as steel is tempered in the flames of the forge, trials and persecution serve to hone down those rough edges that tarnish our character. Yielding graciously to persecution allows one to demonstrate that he is of a superior quality than his adversaries. It’s easy to be hateful, but an ugly disposition throws a light upon our human weakness. It is much more Christ-like to remain calm and to respond in kindness in the face of evil opposition.
  • BobbyOdd 2012/07/16 00:17:31
    I see Christophobes!!
    BobbyOdd
    +1
    Tons have posted on my Christian question.
  • ☆ElenaD... BobbyOdd 2012/07/16 00:22:02
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    I'm not surprised.
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/07/15 21:54:30
    Yes there is.
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +1
    They've been around for 2000 years. The Bible says the world will hate you for your beliefs. At least you're not being dipped in pitch and set ablaze to light an emperor's garden.
  • Charmaine 2012/07/15 21:45:20
    Yes there is.
    Charmaine
    +1
    I don't like it at all, but I deal with it and FIGHT is as well; IT IS MY RIGHT TO DO SO!!!
  • Piper 2012/07/15 19:06:06
    LOL
    Piper
    +1
    Yes, there are a few who are vocal about ridiculing organized religions in general, and Christianity in particular. There are also many who call themselves Christians, make a big deal about their "Christian values, and display downright hatred towards those they disagree with. It goes both ways.
  • The River Rat 2012/07/15 16:55:26
    Yes there is.
    The River Rat
    +8
    I am agnostic but I see a lot of unjustified hate from non Christians.
  • ☆ElenaD... The Riv... 2012/07/15 18:13:49
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    +2
    Thank you.
  • Metaldane 2012/07/15 16:50:31 (edited)
    LOL
    Metaldane
    +1
    It's simply a backlash due to all the anti atheist and anti Islam posts and comments that have been up lately also the anti pagan ones and I even saw an anti bhuddist one and I mean seriously? who hates on pacifists? And the anti gay posts haven't helped either, also what do you expect with all the fundamentalists on here they piss everyone else off stirring up the old hates due to all the tragedies that happend in the past.
  • Dwight 2012/07/15 16:48:15
    Yes there is.
    Dwight
    +4
    It seems some of our neighbors are just waiting for us to start burning witches and homosexuals at the stake.
  • Charmaine Dwight 2012/07/15 21:45:59
    Charmaine
    +1
    IKR!!! It is sad!!!
  • Dwight Charmaine 2012/07/16 02:56:45
    Dwight
    +1
    It's not like they have anything better do do. At least till their mom calls them to dinner anyway.
  • Charmaine Dwight 2012/07/16 03:13:06
    Charmaine
    +1
    I AGREE!!!
  • amazinggrace 2012/07/15 16:27:30
    Yes there is.
    amazinggrace
    +6
    OMG yes there are tons of them and check out their ages, it's like they are teaching hate for Christians in high school now. And if we stand up for what we believe here on SH we are called all manner of vile names.
  • De-Dee amazing... 2012/07/15 21:01:59
    De-Dee
    +2
    there were a few teachers that practically did teach hate for Christians in my school...it was pretty sad.
  • Charmaine De-Dee 2012/07/15 21:46:18
    Charmaine
    I witnessed that too!!!
  • Schläue~© 2012/07/15 16:22:41
    I see Christophobes!!
    Schläue~©
    +6
    I see a few, mostly those who claim to be atheist, since that seems to be 'fashionable' these days among the youth.
    For the rest, it's nothing more than their own insecurities that drive them to tear down someone elses beliefs for lack of morals that allow them to justify actions in their own minds.
  • ☆ElenaD... Schläue~© 2012/07/15 18:14:32
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    +2
    Well put
  • Charmaine Schläue~© 2012/07/15 21:46:34
    Charmaine
    +2
    I AGREE!!!
  • crotchrot 2012/07/15 16:20:46
  • Stef an... crotchrot 2012/07/16 07:25:56
    Stef and the City
    +1
    That's okay, we don't want you to join us anyway. We were only being nice so you wouldn't feel left out.

2014/11/22 16:58:40