Are the progressives on Newsvine delusional or are they just whackjobs?

Chris_in_VA 2011/01/08 00:01:51
Related Topics: User, Laugh, color, SodaHead

It’s Chris in VA. I hate to break it to you, but the reports of my internet “demise” have been greatly exaggerated!! I’m still here. MUWAHAHAHA!! *Evil Laugh*

Hmmm…it seems that it has been an interesting week for those of you still on the ‘Vine. Let’s recap:

I stumbled across an interesting conundrum that would have a popular liberal/progressive seeder on the site caught in violation of Newsvine’s much ballyhooed User Agreement. I put the pieces together and wrote an article to simply share the information. My article – “Soph0571 had TWO Newsvine Accounts” -- was posted on a group site, which required membership, initially and then reposted on SodaHead (without the screenshots) and on an open FB group as well – also without the screenshots.

Well, did I ever get a reaction!!!

From December 30th thru January 3rd/4th – I managed to dominate the so-called discussion and debate. The best part is that I did it without actually posting anything to the site. That’s right! I rocked their world without ever posting to their site. (I’m bad, I'm bad, you know it, I’m bad!!) The progressives on Newsvine are so paranoid about protecting their perfect little delusional world on that site that their “moles” in the other private group and in my FB group went back and told them about my article.

You think I’m joking?! There was conversation either directly or indirectly about my article. (You also have to love that the commenting feature on one of the articles has been turned off. I thought progressives were all for free speech.) Also, they did not want to hear from anyone who wanted to ask whether or not my article was correct. A small sampling

(Referencing the person who asked a question) “…who are (were) you and why does any of this concern you? You just got here and you are worried about a person having 2 accounts?”

The motto of Newsvine is “Get Smarter Here.” I guess they don’t want him to get smarter here. Wait, there’s more…

(By the person asking the question) – “That is exactly what Chris in VA got banned for. Is she doesn't get the same, now that this is public, it proves the bias.”

Their response – “…this is your business how?”

So, when faced with questions that upset their perfect little world – it seems that the progressives on NV attack the messenger. Even the moderator who could have answered all of his questions did not respond when this poor brave soul asked him to explain the overlap with the two accounts.

He even threatened the guy with a suspension (or banning maybe?) because he posted links to the article everyone else was already talking about on the discussion before either of them showed up on the thread. And I quote:

“…but if you're going to just post links to complaints by banned users on other sites, know that's going to be a violation of #5 of the Code of Honor…”

An internet forum is going to suspend (or ban) someone for posting a hyperlink to an article that everyone on the forum is already talking about. You have to love the hypocrisy. Another comment for your reading pleasure:

“I just read the FB rant from whats-his-name in VA regarding Soph's two accounts.” (She loves me, she really does love me.)

That user would not have been able to post that if the hyperlinks hadn’t been provided. Who cares?? This is NEWSVINE™!! Suspend that dimwit anyway!!

And they claim that they are not biased…Yeah, right!!! *Wink, Wink*

I even had the pleasure of receiving personal correspondence from this same moderator. He tried to give me the royal brush-off; not assuming or knowing that I had already read his explanation which he posted here.

So, I did a horrible thing --- I tested his explanation. I picked one link at random from the list of hyperlinks I provided in my article and did exactly what he said. Lo and behold…it didn’t work!! I even provided a screenshot when I told him so.

Guess what – there was a change in his explanation. One of the numbers in the link was “changed.” You know what…I’ll leave this one for the conspiracy theorists. This was a little tooo convenient.

Then he decided that he wasn’t going to talk to me anymore. Do realize that he never bothered to explain the overlap to me either. I even told him so in my last e-mail to him. (Should I mention that both domain names still appear when you mouse over the username Soph0571 on Newsvine™? Nahhh!! They wouldn’t want to know that.)

Let’s then talk about my so-called “demise.” As I said before, I have a FB group that had a mole who told everyone on NV what we talked about. (Why?? Because they be so sad yo!) So, I went back into Newsvine™ primarily to see if I could flush out the mole. So, I INTENTIONALLY revealed a re-reg just to see how long it would take for the moderators to ban me a second time and maybe kick the “mole” out of my FB group.

I made a few minor comments on an article pointing out the hypocrisy there and then revealed thebossman username in my FB group on 1/4 at 11:05 p.m. The moderator re-banned me on 1/6 at 6:25 a.m. (Now do realize the moderator and I are on different coasts and time zones.) Let’s break this down a little bit.

· Because I did it so late at night, it would be safe to say the mole was probably asleep. So, let’s subtract 6-8 hours from this timeframe.

· Assuming this sad, pathetic individual (who had to know what we were talking about) has a job, you could subtract another 8-10 hours from this timeframe.

· Now, most people will not jump right on the computer when they get home from work. Might want to get comfortable, have a drink or dare I say it - dinner, talk face-to-face with people, etc. So, you could probably subtract another 1-3 hours from this timeframe.

So, that would leave us with roughly an eleven hour timeframe. So, on an article about nastiness and lack of moderation on Newsvine™, I was re-banned within eleven hours more than likely. Houston, Newsvine™ has a problem! Can’t manage the site according to people on the site, but they can re-ban me in a relatively short time span. Why do you think that is??

But, did they do anything about the nastiness?? Of course not! They wanted to celebrate my internet “demise.” “WE GOT HIM, MARTHA!! WE GOT HIM!! GLORY BE TO OBAMA!!”

One person described my re-banning as a “NV riot.” Hmm… Sounds like they have these a lot, doesn’t it? Proof, you say??? Here you go… I have been told that a parental advisory warning should precede anyone going there to read about my “death.” It was pretty brutal and vicious. Weren’t progressives supposed to be the prim and proper group?

Enjoy the fruits of my “death.” I think this pretty much shows you the environment there. Let me know if you want to learn more…

Oh, wait!! I forgot to mention a little something about the pettiness too…from the moderator no less. At the time of my “death”, the moderator made the following comment:

“Please stay gone.” -- Sorry to disappoint you, but technically I’m still there. I think there are still a couple of re-regs there that I haven’t used. Hell – I can’t even remember the username for one of them. So, feel free to look for them…since you’re so worried about me coming back.

THIS JUST IN!!

Breaking News Flash – Dateline: Newsvine.com™ - I have just found out that two of my original articles/seeds have been showing up in the comment trackers for people.

OMG!! Is Newsvine™ looking for me??? HAHAHAHA!!! I told you I’m bad!! (Have fun looking though!! – There are over 150 articles and seeds.)

More insightful wisdom from the moderator:

“This is without question the MOST biased and unfair newsblog in the history of the internet and anyone who says otherwise is a liar.”

Hate to break it to you. I NEVER said it was biased. SORRY!! That wasn’t me. I guess you should read – Oops, I forgot. Progressives don’t want you to read. You might learn something.

The moderator is referring to the link on SodaHead. I told you it was reposted – BUT IT WAS BY SOMEONE ELSE. Check it out. I’ll wait.

*Jeopardy Theme Playing.*

Didn’t see By Chris_in_VA like you do on this article, did you? Told you so. That person even thanked me for my Soph article in the first sentence.

Man, does this mean that the moderator doesn’t read the comments and just suspends/bans for whatever reason he so chooses? Inquiring minds want to know…so, we can Get Smarter Here™.

• SScott 2011/01/08 02:18:03
    Delusional as they come...
    SScott
    +3
    Good job again Chris. They could not explain it, just as they can't explain why I'm the only person ever banned for calling an event an event, when they thought it should be opinion. It was about the Rand Paul rally, which was an event.

• Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2011/11/30 00:58:13
    My professional opinion is that they are delusional whack jobs.
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    I question the actual sanity of a few on NV who shall remain nameless.
  • safecracker 2011/07/19 23:46:22
    safecracker
    NewsVine is one of the funniest political sites.......if you are a libbie, or a membe of the LibsRUs.newsvine team, you can trash anyone using language that others will be censored for without any penalty from Silly Sally and Petulant Tyler, the two Newsvine moderators.

Now why is this? Ratings or censorship from the LibsRUs group? As it turns out, I happened across that site which is a public chat room for the hard-cores. In this room, they discuss what articles to write, how to contribute, and how the staff and moderators will remove people from it.

Having had enough of this bias, I elected to post a few pages of the more than 500 pages, outing the members for the hypocrits they are.

Here is a page for your review, I happen to know they removed all pages from the site:

Libs R Us (located at www.LibsRUs.newsvine.com) need windows 7 to read
    Feisty Redhead Roselle, IL (Jun 18, 6:22 PM): WTF!!!!
    While searching the Roselle website, I ran across an interesting series of posts from the Feisty Redhead that I found interesting: a newsvine.com site called Libs R Us, where a number of posters, including Mark from MSNBC regularly get together to plan their strategy. Page 383 outlines a strategy for having the President visit Feisty so they can denounce later the opposition. Feis...

&

>

>

>

While searching the Roselle website, I ran across an interesting series of posts from the Feisty Redhead that I found interesting: a newsvine.com site called Libs R Us, where a number of posters, including Mark from MSNBC regularly get together to plan their strategy. Page 383 outlines a strategy for having the President visit Feisty so they can denounce later the opposition. Feisty even told her ally that she would run the ruse by Mark to get his approval. (my site post to Clara – Congressperson???)
    HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?
    Amy B. Portland, ME (Jun 18, 6:28 PM): Holy @!$%#.
    Amy B. Portland, ME (Jun 18, 6:42 PM): On my list of groups I see a lock on DDI, but not on LibsRUs. Is this group public?
    Feisty Redhead Roselle, IL (Jun 18, 6:48 PM): Me too Amy - I also logged out & went googled myself, once there libs r us does come up BUT I couldn't see any discussion
    It appears I was hacked and I have NO idea how since I'm using Webroot security
    I got to run - right now I'm thinking this had to be a inside job somehow.... Why did they post Navy and not what I wrote above it...
    This is some SCARY @!$%#!
    Be back asap!
    Amy B. Portland, ME (Jun 18, 6:54 PM): did you check the groups private/public button to make sure its clicked on private? Seems like a simpler explanation than hacking. I don't think I've ever seen a lock next to LibsRUs on my homepage, but DDI has always had a lock.
    Dennis, Columbus, Ohio (Jun 18, 7:04 PM): >Feisty, ALL,
    I checked pot doublea1 Friday. It appears he/she just joined on the 15th. I saw a comment that I thought showed he/she knew too much for a new user. Do you remember who it was that threatened to give out your personal information?
    ** I reported this to Newsvine as a security breech – I suggest that everyone in our group does the same. Those that have contact with Mark please contact him.
    We have been hacked!!
    Until we get this resolved watch what we say.
    >Amy you must be a member of this group and logged in to Newsvine to see the discussion.
    Amy B. Portland, ME (Jun 18, 7:10 PM): how come the DDI listing has a lock next to it and not LibsRUs on my homepage? Also, it says group type: public on this page, upper left next to the dew drop inn sign?
    Dennis, Columbus, Ohio (Jun 18, 7:19 PM): >Amy,
    It was initially opened as Public where DDI was opened as Private. Once opened the type cannot be changed.
    The only difference I know is that with the DDI you cannot view anything where he anyone can view everything except the conversation.
    US Navy Disabled Veteran - Retired (Jun 18, 8:58 PM): What, have we been hacked?? This is not good. What did they post of mind??
    US Navy Disabled Veteran - Retired (Jun 18, 9:04 PM): I just put that up today at 4:00PM. This is not good at all. We are going to have some serious problems come Monday, just watch and see.
    Who is that clown that posted this? He should immediately be disbarded and anybody putting up info on us from our site needs to be disbarded as well.
    Maybe we should close this site down ASAP and create a new??????
    newdayDAWNING10 (Jun 18, 9:08 PM): I do think we should open a new chat
    US Navy Disabled Veteran - Retired (Jun 18, 9:11 PM): NDD: I just went and saw it. I am pissed, god only knows what else they got. I just fired this off to FR. This is bad, real bad.
    It has come to my attention that our Newsvine site Libs R us has been hacked. One of my internal posts to this private group has been posted on FR today June 18, 2011.
    This is wrong and the person that posted should be banned as they had no right to break into our private site and thy did not have any permission to do this.
    This is a major security breach and puts about 30+ dedicated FR posters at risk and this has to be addressed immediately.
    newdayDAWNING10 (Jun 18, 9:15 PM): Navy: I have been thinking about this: We have never hidden that we are a group. You would have to be foolish to think we don't talk strategy. It is not a secret that we don't like no jo, and she doesn't like us. If you read the response from the one guy who read it he said "so". Look, it has to be fixed, but I wouldn't be too upset about it.
    US Navy Disabled Veteran - Retired (Jun 18, 9:17 PM): I pray to God this is not an inside job. Some people will stoop to anything to try and win. And if you as listening you can print this one as well you prick.
    US Navy Disabled Veteran - Retired (Jun 18, 9:18 PM): NDD: I know and I will be prepard, but this just demonstrates how low some people will go.
    newdayDAWNING10 (Jun 18, 9:21 PM): It will be fine Navy: meet over at DDI, we can chat there.
    US Navy Disabled Veteran - Retired (Jun 18, 9:22 PM): On my way
    Feisty Redhead Roselle, IL (Jun 18, 9:41 PM): Full disclosure...
    I can't be of any help tonight - I've had 3 glasses of wine - I WILL BE THERE TOMORROW to assist! This IS not good at all...
    Until then - have a good night for what that's worth!
    THIS BLOWS!
    US Navy Disabled Veteran - Retired (Jun 18, 10:00 PM): Talk with you all tomorrow to see what our next step should be. Probally should send by e-mail since this site is not secure any longer.
    Ron Indiana (Jun 18, 10:33 PM): Perhaps until we get to the bottom of this, we should communicate by email.
    Ron Indiana (Jun 18, 10:40 PM): Second thought: We have talked a lot about goint to St.L. and that Mark would be joining us. I do not want to compromise his work. Perhaps he sould be told that we have been hacked?
    John B, Des Moines, IA (Jun 18, 10:54 PM): I think I need to write about Clarence Thomas on Monday. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4...
    Gingerbread Mamma (Jun 18, 11:26 PM): I think you should too Johnb, when I saw that piece a little while ago, I wished I had time to write on this hypocrit and his wife. The two of them are wandering down the road of conflict for some time now and have become quite bold in their efforts, he doesn't talk and she talks too much. they have got away with no paying large amounts of taxes for several years and only paid when called on it. He is nothing but a well paid stooge for the right wing.

And MSNBC has no issue with censorship apparantly.
  • Mary J 0604 2011/01/25 02:01:46
    Mary J 0604
    They SUCK!!!

Hey Chris! :)
  • Steve Johnson 2011/01/08 03:29:52
    Steve Johnson
    Same difference, really.
  • SScott 2011/01/08 02:18:03
    Delusional as they come...
    SScott
    +3
  • Chris_i... SScott 2011/01/08 03:19:33
    Chris_in_VA
    +2
    You know they can't handle those pesky facts.
  • Eppie 2011/01/08 01:24:31
    Eppie
    +3
    They hate this country, and they want to push their Marxist agenda on us. They should live in Cuba or North Korea if they love Marxism so much.
  • Chris_i... Eppie 2011/01/08 03:20:09
    Chris_in_VA
    +1
    I feel like we met on the 'Vine. Am I right?
  • RC..I stand for the TRUTH! 2011/01/08 00:28:16
    RC..I stand for the TRUTH!
    +2
    DELUSIONAL I SAY! Between a crazy America hating Brit....and the other sheeples...that joint is falling straight into the sewer!
  • Chris_i... RC..I s... 2011/01/08 00:32:32
    Chris_in_VA
    +2
    LOL!! I'm going to have to disagree. The sewer would actually clean that place up. JMO.
  • Zuggi 2011/01/08 00:18:12 (edited)
    Delusional as they come...
    Zuggi
    Congrats on your e-drama. What is Newsvine and why should we care?

congrats e-drama newsvine care edrama
  • RC..I s... Zuggi 2011/01/08 00:26:02
    RC..I stand for the TRUTH!
    +2
    Newsvine is a liberal haven of hate! This man Chris has been investigating them. MANY OF US DO CARE. If you don't....then why comment?
  • Zuggi RC..I s... 2011/01/08 00:26:43
    Zuggi
    Because internet drama is amusing.
  • Chris_i... Zuggi 2011/01/08 00:29:41
    Chris_in_VA
    +2
    No worries...Relentless...let him watch. See if we can amuse and educate him at the same time.
  • Hotcho RC..I s... 2011/01/08 18:21:58
    Hotcho
    +1
    In the words of My Father if he we're alive..he would say they (Liberals)are full of Donkey Dust..I however would say they are Donkey Dung..
  • Chris_i... Hotcho 2011/01/09 15:19:56
  • Chris_in_VA 2011/01/08 00:03:30
    Chris_in_VA
    +3
    To quote my children's favorite wrestler -- "You want some; COME GET SOME."
  • Chris_i... Chris_i... 2011/01/08 00:11:43
    Chris_in_VA
    +3
    Wait!! That means they would have to leave Newsvine and deal with me here IN THE REAL WORLD!! *Oooh, scary.*

2014/04/20 18:33:26