Are the Georgia Guidestones a Satanic Ten Commandments?

Daring Blasphemer BN-0 2012/06/15 13:32:33
The story behind these stones is intriguing. Apparently a group of investors sent a representation to this tiny Georgia town where the world's best granite is quarried and paid a local stone mason and other artisans to build a huge monument. It is nearly 20 feet tall and has ten 'guides' in eight languages. There is a strategically placed hole to find the North Star year round and another to show the date every day at noon. The placement of the monument corresponds to the four cardinal directions. It is supposed to help humans rebuild society after a major disaster like a Global Thermal Nuclear War. The groups representative was very mysterious and gave only the name R.C. Christian. Only the town banker knew more, as the stranger was compelled to give more information to him for legal reasons, but he never spoke of what he had learned.

The inscription reads:
  1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
  2. Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
  3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
  4. Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
  5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
  6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
  7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
  8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
  9. Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
  10. Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

Some say the monument is evil. Some say it is a sensible guide to any survivors of a global disaster. I think it is Utopian bullshit from a group with little or no understanding of human nature. What do you think?

• Flowers 2012/06/15 13:47:33
    Flowers
    +6
    I don't see how it's evil. I think it's wishful thinking considering humans have historically been very selfish and violent to others, but still a valiant attempt at the possibility of future generations to come upon this monument (hoping they would be able to read it) and take the words to heart.

• Darr247 2013/02/22 01:15:52
    Darr247
    +1
    "Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity." = Death Panels
  • Daring ... Darr247 2013/02/22 01:19:14
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    +1
    Are you blaming the Guild Stones on Obama?
  • The Ele... Darr247 2013/02/22 01:45:58
    The Electrician
    +1
    There are too many people on the planet now.
  • Heptarch 2013/02/21 22:34:28
  • cosmicventure 2013/02/21 21:51:11
    cosmicventure
    +1
    Satanic is for those who believe in Satan and all the other sky friends. What is common sense and reason is the more likely scenario.

Satan
  • Daring ... cosmicv... 2013/02/21 23:23:17
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    +1
    I like his DEVO hat.
  • Darr247 cosmicv... 2013/02/22 01:16:53
    Darr247
    +1
    Heck is for people that don't believe in Gosh.
  • juneathomas 2013/02/21 17:56:58
  • Daring ... juneath... 2013/02/21 23:23:43
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    +1
    With what?
  • juneath... Daring ... 2013/02/22 04:13:43
  • Daring ... juneath... 2013/02/22 05:39:21
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    Christians didn't care for it either. They defaced it a few years ago.
  • juneath... Daring ... 2013/02/22 17:30:55
  • Daring ... juneath... 2013/02/22 23:41:24
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    ?? Georgia guide stones defaced
  • juneath... Daring ... 2013/02/23 05:47:04
  • Daring ... juneath... 2013/02/23 05:48:59
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    What are you on about? I have no more belief in the devil than I do any other mythical creature.
  • juneath... Daring ... 2013/02/23 05:51:46
  • Daring ... juneath... 2013/02/23 05:57:14
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    I am an agnostic atheist.
  • juneath... Daring ... 2013/02/23 05:58:43
  • Daring ... juneath... 2013/02/23 06:13:04
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    What was your original point?
  • roman 2013/02/21 17:31:52
    roman
    +2
    interesting but not a guide for life that would be like expecting church to solve all lifes problems when they cant
  • chaoskitty123 2013/02/21 16:56:20
    chaoskitty123
    +1

Sounds more like leftwing views than rightwing and the name R.C. Christian sounds like Republican Conservative Christian but the values spoken aren't rightwing as rightwingers don't talk about maintaining population numbers, balance with nature, guiding reproduction, improving fitness and diversity... those are all leftwing sentiments when you factor in eugenics, pro choice and environmental views. Unite humanity with a new common language, rule passion faith and tradition with tempered reason... again, leftwing sentiments. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts... again, leftwing sentiment. let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court is about as far from rightwing as you can get and etc, etc...

If it's evil, then the political left is evil. Nothing here looks like it was meant to survive a global disaster as the thing doesn't look like it could withstand being hit by a Toyota let alone a global disaster.

We don't even know if this is from a group DB, all we know is that one man paid to have it made.

I see nothing evil about it nor anything really to call it BS or that it has anything to do with human nature or utopia.

It looks like someone who means well decided to leave their mark and whether you or I agree with them...

It looks like someone who means well decided to leave their mark and whether you or I agree with them means little as it's a personal marker left for future generations much like Coral Castle and other things people create for personal reasons where there's a bit of mystery about them.

Why you see it as offensive or wrong I can't imagine as I would expect you to be more considerate from your past behavior.

I do think you maybe saw the name R.C. Christian and took it to mean rightwing Christian since you referred to this as a Satanic Ten Commandments... it actually reads as if it were leftwing and speaking of tolerance, nature and balance which are all leftwing stereotypes and not rightwing or Christian.

Also, I see by reading other comments that you claim rightwing Christians defaced the monument? Your proof?

We don't know anything about who created it so how do you know Christians didn't create it or that maybe it was created to be defaced and start controversy?

You don't know do you?

You didn't even mention that part in your initial comment meaning you are trying to manipulate responses as that is, after all, the most important part of the topic which you withheld... it was defaced.

So how do you know so much about this issue while admitting you know nothing about who created it, their intentions nor do you offer proof as to who defaced it.

Sometimes, trying to manipulate a response has to be done gingerly DB as the way you did it obviously looks like sarcasm... but when you choose then to reveal why you made the topic in your responses, it looks like hate coming from you for which you laid down no foundation to explain any anger because you chose to withhold the one thing which would have made sense out of your topic.
  • Daring ... chaoski... 2013/02/21 23:46:37
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    +1
    You are always so incredibly off base that I sometime wonder if you are using your recreation time at the nut house to make your posts.

I ask provoking questions, not because I am ACTUALLY wondering whether or not these rocks are evil but because provoking questions receive more answers. I read five articles about this monument and, still being interested in the subject, I decided to post a question here to get other opinions. It is that simple. It comes off as sarcastic because I am sarcastic. There are no hidden meanings or agendas on my part. I had to reread my description after your post and can still not see WHY you would go where you did.

I left out the defacing because I do not think it is a Christian monument and I do not see it as important as to why it was built nor what it means. I have no idea who this man could be and am only convinced he represented a group because HE said did. If you will notice I did mention the defacing in a response to another post just yesterday.

There is no conspiracy nor any hidden agenda imbedded in my questions, you condescending ass. If there were I would think my questions would be less scatterbrained. Get a hobby.
  • wildcat 2013/02/21 15:13:39
    wildcat
    +1
    I think it is a sensible guide to any survivors of a global disaster.
  • Wally-Molon Labe! 2013/02/21 13:54:01 (edited)
    Wally-Molon Labe!
    +3
    I don't see anything evil in the guides themselves as written. But how does one go about maintaining a world population of 500 million when we have 7 billion now? I guess a nuclear WW3 would definitely cull the population, but may also render the planet uninhabitable for who knows how long.

After a year or two the psychopathic globalists and eugenicists will emerge from their bunkers and be able to have their utopian world to build. How nice! I hope I get fried in the conflagration.

Go to You Tube and search Denver Airport Conspiracies for similarities.
  • Daring ... Wally-M... 2013/02/21 23:27:10
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    +1
    I saw that on the show Conspiracy Theory.
  • gaylehelen 2013/02/21 12:46:54
    gaylehelen
    +3
    I find them neither Satanic or evil. A few of them do sound like the "60's" hippie philosophy. As for the rest, I kind of like it. I've always been concerned about our world population. Overpopulation used to be a hot topic and I'm still at that place where overpopulation is near the top of my list of world problems. It reminds me of the best bumper sticker I've ever seen: Can't feed them? Don't breed them!
    "Useless officials" would save our Federal and State governments a fortune.
    To each his own and this unidentified individual was expressing his opinion and "recommendation for rebuilding". I find nothing wrong with that aspect. We are Americans after all.
  • Daring ... gaylehelen 2013/02/21 13:42:20
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    Radical Christians defaced it with graffiti about how it was satanic and that Jesus would destroy them.
  • gaylehelen Daring ... 2013/02/23 20:28:05
    gaylehelen
    +1
    Wow, I'm stunned but any radical religious group befuddles me. I just don't get it. I believe in tolerance and respect for all, believers and non-believers alike.
    I sort of like the messages on those stones.
  • Daring ... gaylehelen 2013/02/24 20:27:10
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    I sort of like it as well, but I find the idea fatalistic. If anything catastrophic DID happen, the survivors would figure out a way to worship these rocks...
  • gaylehelen Daring ... 2013/02/24 23:48:46
    gaylehelen
    +1
    How true, but very optimistic as well. I hope any survivors can read.
  • ETpro 2012/06/15 21:58:09 (edited)
  • Daring ... ETpro 2012/06/15 23:04:38
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    +5
    LOL! They may indeed be open to it. My point is that human nature will not allow the ideas of the monument to be undertaken. Human nature is the reason Communism fails. It is also the reason the ideas of Rand are impossible to implement.
  • Willie Daring ... 2012/06/16 01:57:44
    Willie
    +3
    Yes, "guide reproduction wisely" does leave a little too much room for interpretation, doesn't it?

And while I like the half billion limit, I don't like to think about how it might be enforced.
  • Daring ... Willie 2012/06/16 04:21:26
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    Indeed.
  • Darr247 Willie 2013/02/22 01:19:00
    Darr247
    Death Panels, obviously.
  • Darr247 ETpro 2013/02/22 01:20:01
    Darr247
    +1
    Actually, the first person to let go in that scenario would be able to stand up before the blade made the other guy let go.
  • Queen B 2012/06/15 21:43:09
    Queen B
    +1
    Georgia...please. And if there is a global nuclear war what is the likelihood these things will remain standing or for anyone left to find them?
  • Daring ... Queen B 2012/06/15 23:08:30
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    +3
    I think that is why they were built in the middle of nowhere....but then that may also cause a problem with locating them even if they remain pristine.
  • Queen B Daring ... 2012/06/16 00:59:15
    Queen B
    +1
    Exactly...if I'm the last one standing after a global nuclear war, I don't see me heading in the general direction of where Georgia used to be. = /
  • Daring ... Queen B 2012/06/16 04:22:13
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    +2
    I would assume the zombies to be my first priority.

2014/08/20 19:29:52