Are people born gay?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/05/18 17:02:38
Related Topics: Gay

• Melicious Kiss of PHAET 2012/05/18 17:05:05
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +23
    I don't know anybody who said... "I want to be hated, discriminated against and bullied. I want to worry if my family will still love me when I tell them who I am. I want these things."

• cellophane joe 2012/05/26 20:14:05
    cellophane
    ::shrug::

You asked the question why animals aren't gay.... ^_^
  • Mr. Won... cellophane 2012/05/28 23:32:30
    Mr. Wonderful
    Science so far has observed and confirmed 1,500 species of animals small to large show homosexual traits and frequently engage is coupling and other "gay" labeled activities. That's from tiny critters to elephants and hipos. Duh!
  • DANNY59 joe 2012/06/18 09:38:34
    DANNY59
    There's plenty of homosexual coupling in the animal kingdom. I watched a two hour documentary on the National Geographic Wild channel. It really surprised me, because before I watched that program, I had no idea animals were gay too.
  • joe DANNY59 2012/06/18 14:57:23
    joe
    Personally , I've never seen it, and if it does occur it is minute compared to the frequency it occurs with humans.It's just not as big a deal with animals, and keep in mind we're talking numbers and frequency here.Sorry can't use the critters to justify the behavior.
  • DANNY59 joe 2012/06/18 19:29:05
    DANNY59
    Being gay and loving someone isn't a behavior. If you love your wife, that's a feeling or emotion, not a behavior. I think were all both sexes to start with, but as the fetus develops you start producing the specific hormones that produce the cells that make up either the female or male genitalia. It's easy for me to imagine how a baby could grow the male sex organs, but the brain basically having the traits that make a woman attracted to a man. So now we have a person that looks like a male, but is still attracted to other males, and the same would go with the females. It's amazing that out of a tiny sperm and an egg, we can develop into a living human being, so why is hard to imagine that a small percentage end up being gay or bi-sexual. To me, Love is Love. When we die and lose our body, all we have left is our soul, and I'm sure we'll still love the same people, even without a body at all. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, I'm not here to change anybody's mind. Take care.
  • Hebsi 2012/05/26 01:30:59 (edited)
    Hebsi
    No one is born with any sexual orientation, gay or straight. Sexual preferences are developed throughout a person's life. If gay people were born gay, they would know they're gay throughout their entire life. Many gay people don't realize they're attracted to the opposite sex until they're adults.
  • Erok 2012/05/26 00:55:36
    Erok
    I believe that something happens to humans as they develope in utero giving more or taking more testosterone and estrogen to male and female fetus'. That being said I do feel you are born with a greater interest in one or the other sexes from the beginning. I know some of my two sons' friends that I can predict will one day "come out" as they get older in life and I'm certain some of you out there could say the same about people you know. Just my two cents on the subject :)
  • DoxieDad 2012/05/26 00:01:50
    DoxieDad
    When a breeder can show me the point in their life where they made a conscience decision to be hetero I believe the gay choice thingy. Otherwise it is something you were born with.
  • The_Infidel_Atheist 2012/05/25 23:36:53
    The_Infidel_Atheist
    Of course they are!
  • Flor de Luna 2012/05/25 23:26:46
    Flor de Luna
    +1
    It has not been proven beyond a doubt either way,so until it is,I won't believe anyone is born with any sexual orientation.
  • S* Sister ... 2012/05/27 03:46:15
    S*
    +1
    you are a special person. Thanks.
  • Glfer65 2012/05/25 21:52:47
    Glfer65
    +2
    While science has not yet been able to determine this it is believed the body has been made and the genetics another to a point where they feel different. Teen suicides are very high because of this and their fear if they tell their parents they will lock them up to get them help.

I hope one day man will discover a way to crack the codes of the DNA and make it better for all to understand. Right now the religious fear and misunderstanding have portrayed them as sex hungry, drug using people that try to switch straight people.

Sadly this is how we end up with people killing them for being different.
  • Herb Glfer65 2012/06/18 00:29:12
  • Glfer65 Herb 2012/06/18 03:53:18
    Glfer65
    OK STOP right there! First and foremost calling people liberals because you don't agree with their opinions is just plain lame. Second this is one view of the scientific community and you know full well science is still tracking our DNA and genetics.

This in no way refutes your post of the findings. And most importantly people need to stop calling it a lifestyle. That would mean being heterosexual is a lifestyle as well. We have teens killing themselves because that do not understand why they feel the way they do, many have said they have never been with another gay they just knew.

Also they do so thanks to the "loving" parents that try to straighten them out and turn them back to "normal" people. Lastly they do so because the same "loving" parents tell them they are not their son or daughter anymore and kick them out.

Homosexuality has been around since man so no one can say that gays begin as a lifestyle or even a phenom that it just happened! We have over 15,000 species on this planet that exhibit this behavior that science has studied and proven.

What really gets me are the christian and many other religious groups that cast out these people instead of giving them same virutes as a straight couple. Wow, some morals people have huh?
  • rustex782 Glfer65 2012/06/18 01:59:16
  • Chokmah 2012/05/25 21:44:08
    Chokmah
    Some people are born gay, but a lot of them are recruited....
  • Sister ... Chokmah 2012/05/25 21:55:16
  • Glfer65 Chokmah 2012/05/25 21:56:02
    Glfer65
    +1
    That is one of the misconceptions people put out there. No one is recruited to be gay or is it a lifestyle. You either like the opposite sex or you don't. Comments like these are what makes it so hard for people to understand them. Take this, I don't want a sex crazed, drug fiend, money stealing gay in my house.

Now take the same sentence and end it with a straight person. Any difference?
  • Chokmah Glfer65 2012/05/26 01:58:01
    Chokmah
    +1
    It's a serious identity crisis for the individual. A mental or psychological aberration. The animal kingdom would never tolerate a 'gay' society. Gay people are dependent on straight people, but straight people are not dependent on 'gay' people.
  • Glfer65 Chokmah 2012/05/26 02:36:14
    Glfer65
    So you are saying gay people are inferior to straight people? And no gays are not dependent on the rest of the world. Go ask a black man if he is dependent on the rest of the white people and see what he says.

Our society has driven this over the top only because the religious groups are bringing the bible into this when it has NO reason for it. One we do not live by God's or any religious laws and two we live by man's laws.

It has no identity crisis and no lifestyle as they put it.
  • Chokmah Glfer65 2012/05/26 08:50:41
    Chokmah
    You are using the word 'inferior', not me. I do not consider any person inferior to another. Homosexual beings would not have the means to reproduce and would by necessity depend on the heterosexual people of the world to provide more participants in the 'gay' lifestyle.

It is true that the Torah condemns homosexuality, calling homosexuality an abomination punishable by death. Why would the ancient Jews, the Chosen People of G-d, call for the death of homosexuals?
  • Glfer65 Chokmah 2012/05/26 12:18:38
    Glfer65
    At the same time we have to keep religion out of this as it has nothing to do with it. This is about the human race not faith. Just because a faith deems it to be a sin does not make it mean we have to straighten them out.

you are right about one thing. Straight couples are responsible for gays being born. But your comment is just that you say they are inferior to the rest of the population.
  • Chokmah Glfer65 2012/05/27 05:49:38
    Chokmah
    You are imputing your bigoted and biased beliefs into my words. You have a serious problem.
  • Glfer65 Chokmah 2012/05/27 13:27:19
    Glfer65
    HA
  • GeorgeAMartini 2012/05/25 21:22:23
    GeorgeAMartini
    +2
    I think its pretty obvious. I mean all politics aside. Who in their right mind would want to be treated with discrimination, hatred and bullying. In some countries TODAY they risk death. Seriously, would anyone risk death over a choice of that nature? I kind of doubt it. I might be wrong, but I'm just saying doesn't seem plausible to me.
  • Herb GeorgeA... 2012/06/18 00:29:36
  • CTF 2012/05/25 20:54:15
    CTF
    +1
    There's no evidence to the contrary.
  • Herb CTF 2012/06/18 00:29:44
  • AmericanVirus 2012/05/25 20:40:21
    AmericanVirus
    +2
    Sure, being gay is a choice.

Tommy really likes Billy in a "different sort of way." Tommy could choose to ignore these feelings or he could choose to be gay.

"Why do I only get these urges for boys and not girls anyway?"
    Well Tommy, the truth is, those aren't natural God fearing urges, that's the Devil is inside of you and he's trying to make sure you come spend time with him.

"But Mr.! If I ignore these urges, doesn't that mean I'm actually gay, and that I'm choosing to be straight?"
    Listen kid, we just don't ask those kinds of question, now get out of here and show little Betty what for or you'll spend eternity in Hell.
  • Glfer65 America... 2012/05/25 21:58:34
    Glfer65
    +1
    It is not a choice or a lifestyle. This has been spread all over thanks to the religious groups and naysayers who want the world to straight. Go back to the time of Jesus and you are more likely to find gays were around then.

Point being homosexuality has been around since mankind.
  • America... Glfer65 2012/05/25 22:06:42
    AmericanVirus
    +1
    Clearly you misread my comment.
  • Glfer65 America... 2012/05/26 02:37:39
    Glfer65
    +1
    Well I missed the boat on that one. I see your point.
  • Jimbo 2012/05/25 20:35:14
    Jimbo
    +2
    I don't think someone would choose to be gay. Some gay people live a straight life and are miserable because of it.
  • joe 2012/05/25 20:19:49
    joe
    +1
    Animals aren't gay so I believe it is learned behavior.
  • America... joe 2012/05/25 20:25:11
    AmericanVirus
    +1
    Sure, because no sign of homosexuality is shown in the animal kingdom. Male animals have never gone after other male animals.
  • JwonGalt joe 2012/05/25 20:45:22
    JwonGalt
    dolphins, and giraffes are just to examples of animals who have show homosexual traits in the wild...just saying
  • CTF joe 2012/05/25 20:56:33
    CTF
    +1
    Actually.... Homosexual activity is rampant in the animal kingdom. In fact, there's not a species today that hasn't been documented as displaying homosexuality in some form or another.
  • luke joe 2012/05/25 21:13:08
    luke
    Homosexuality has been observed in over 2,000 species.

Natural: "Having/constituting a classification based on features existing in nature." Merriam Webster Dictionary http://www.merriam-webster.co...

Homosexuality having been observed in over 2,000 species is the feature already existing in nature, and is therefore classified as natural based upon the aforementioned feature.

Ergo, it's natural because it occurs naturally.
  • joe luke 2012/05/26 03:41:47
    joe
    Please send me the film footage.

2014/08/23 05:38:06