Are guns the problem or are people the problem?

Onyx 2012/12/16 23:42:21
Related Topics: Security, School, God, Murder
My opinion is that our secular, Godless society is the problem. If these evil people want to murder they will get guns regardless of legality. Security guards need to be armed in schools. What's your opinion?

• Moonage 2012/12/17 00:12:27
    People are the problem......
    Moonage
    +11
    On September 11, 2001, nearly 3,000 people were murdered and not one single shot was fired.

• rightside 2013/01/01 22:38:58
    People are the problem......
    rightside
    +1
    Immorality is the problem. We have allowed our country to turn into selfish idiotic people that want someone else to do the job, to feed them, to secure them.
    Lazy ignorant people are the problem.
  • Onyx rightside 2013/01/02 19:14:25
    Onyx
    +1
    I totally agree, thanks
  • golem48 2012/12/28 07:21:43
    People are the problem......
    golem48
    i see stupid people everywhere, especially thisr egime and its spintriari..
  • ..::localeye::.. 2012/12/28 04:40:51
    People are the problem......
    ..::localeye::..
    I don't think God has anything to do with it. People are crazy...and its easy for crazy people to get their hands on a gun.
  • Memnon 2012/12/22 11:44:58
    People are the problem......
    Memnon
    But, of course, a lunatic with a gun (or car/ dog is more dangerous) than one with a paper knife.
  • Phyl *In God i Trust* 2012/12/19 21:21:51
    People are the problem......
    Phyl *In God i Trust*
    +4
    people kill not the gun. people kill gun
  • uguess Phyl *I... 2012/12/20 18:02:32
    uguess
    +2
    WOW, !!!! WHAT ASSAULT WEAPON DID THAT! WE SURE AS HECK GOT TO BAN THAT BIG ASSAULT WEAPON HUH !
  • J 2012/12/19 19:42:19
    Taking God out of school is the problem......
    J
    +2
    Look at history. This nation had problems, but NOTHING like it has seen since the sharp decline in morals that hit in the 60s and it has been spiraling down since.

When people are told that there is nothing that they feel that is evil or immoral, how can you convince them to be guided by care and concern for their fellow man?
  • Onyx J 2012/12/27 21:36:08
    Onyx
    +2
    I agree. Banning guns won't correct that. Only God can correct that.
  • Riobhca 2012/12/19 16:32:51
    People are the problem......
    Riobhca
    +5
    People were killing each other LONG before guns ever existed. Guns don't kill people.
  • gfreeman BN-0 2012/12/18 20:50:52
    gfreeman BN-0
    +1
    So, if someone shoots up a school and they said God told them to do it, what would your answer be? How come god was unable or unwilling to keep pedophile priests out of the Catholic church?
  • J gfreema... 2012/12/19 19:45:16
    J
    +2
    Because WE have allowed an end to morality and redefine, with each generation, right and wrong. We have been told for decades that "God wouldn't have given me these feelings if they were wrong." BULL. Satan gives you those unGodly feelings and then he (Satan) will provide you with plenty of excuses and rational so that the NEXT person can further decline any moral absolute.
  • gfreema... J 2012/12/19 19:48:32
    gfreeman BN-0
    +1
    If that is the case, we've redefined what is and isn't moral, why does god choose to seek vengeance in the form of a mass shooting?
  • Onyx gfreema... 2012/12/27 21:38:10
    Onyx
    +2
    This wasn't Gods doing, he isn't allowed in schools.
  • gfreema... Onyx 2013/01/02 16:11:05
    gfreeman BN-0
    +1
    That's kind of an ignorant statement for someone who claims to be religious. If your god is omnipresent, then he would be allowed wherever he wanted to be.

So, wholly on it's face, your state either proves one of two things, either God does not exist or God does not care.
  • Onyx gfreema... 2013/01/02 19:17:14
    Onyx
    +1
    Not true. God gave us free will. We have the freedom to accept Him or reject Him. He will not force Himself upon us. WE are reaping what WE have sown.
  • gfreema... Onyx 2013/01/04 15:04:10
  • J gfreema... 2013/01/14 15:45:10
    J
    If God were as vengeful and hateful as you think, you would already be dead - but then again, so would most of us.

God does care, but He gives us the abilities to decide what we will or won't do, think or feel. He also lets us make our own mistakes and for that, He lets us suffer the consequences.
  • gfreema... J 2013/01/14 17:27:25
    gfreeman BN-0
    That is circular logic you are using in order to try and validate your beliefs.
  • J gfreema... 2013/01/14 17:46:52
    J
    And you are opposed to logic? And am I to assume you never "validate" your beliefs to others?
  • gfreema... J 2013/01/15 14:30:02
    gfreeman BN-0
    I'm opposed to circular logic. Why don't you look up the meaning of things next time before you foolishly jump into something that you obviously know nothing about.
  • J gfreema... 2013/01/17 18:30:52
    J
    "Circular logic?" Explain how that was used. Logic and reasoning, I am afraid, are foreign concepts for you.
  • gfreema... J 2013/01/17 20:01:18
    gfreeman BN-0
    Not foreign concepts to me at all. I use them everyday.
  • Greg Sa... J 2012/12/26 15:57:46
    Greg Saunders
    +1
    A secular society is a problem? Last time I checked atheists made up the least of the prison population and if the Israelites had sub machine guns we might not be here.

Does anyone actually read this book? It's not black for nothing....
  • uguess gfreema... 2012/12/20 18:04:25
    uguess
    +1
    EVIL COMES IN ALL SHAPE SIZES AND SO ON.. YOU MUST AGREE THERE IS EVIL IN THE WORLD RIGHT? SO WHERE IS THE GOOD YING AND YANG ?
  • gfreema... uguess 2012/12/20 20:08:46
    gfreeman BN-0
    Do I believe there is a biblical type of evil in the world? No. Do people do very bad things sometimes, yes.
  • uguess gfreema... 2012/12/21 00:18:08 (edited)
    uguess
    +1
    so whats the diff? evil is evil..
    e·vil
    /ˈēvəl/

Adjective
    Profoundly immoral and malevolent.

Noun
    Profound immorality, wickedness, and depravity, esp. when regarded as a supernatural force.

Synonyms

adjective. wicked - bad - ill - vicious - malign - sinister

noun. harm - ill - mischief - wrong - disaster - wickedness
  • gfreema... uguess 2013/01/02 16:12:33
    gfreeman BN-0
    Your definition proves my point, 'esp. when regarded as a supernatural force'.
  • uguess gfreema... 2013/01/02 22:58:44
    uguess
    IMHAO YOU ARE NOT WORTH THE WASTED BREATH. BYE BYE! HAVE A GREAT DAY :(
    MORON
  • elijahin24 2012/12/18 20:09:01
    elijahin24
    +1
    I have no problem with armed security guards at schools, but that won't solve the problem. Guns are a HUGE PART of the problem, but not all of it. Mental-health-care in this country is a joke. We demonize those who go to get it, and don't fund it for those who need it and CAN'T get it.
    As for religion in schools, I don't think that is a factor at all. If a person is religious, they don't need a teacher to make them pray; and if they are not, they should NOT be made to pray. Most of western Europe is far more secular than the United States, and it is extremely rare that they have a mass-killing; and when it does happen there, it almost always IS motivated by religion, as was the case in Norway, and Ireland.
    We need stricter gun-laws, and we need them to be properly enforced. We also need to do a better job of raising our children, with or without religion; to value the lives of those around them.
    We need to fix our mental-health-care approach, and we need to stop immortalizing those who DO shoot up schools and work-places.

There is no single solution. We need to look at all aspects of it. But we need to look at them honestly
  • Onyx elijahin24 2012/12/27 21:42:20
    Onyx
    +1
    Yes, our mental health system is a huge part of the problem. These people should have been institutionalized. But it's politically incorrect to do that anymore. Now we are all paying for libtard political correctness!
  • elijahin24 Onyx 2012/12/29 17:03:57
    elijahin24
    And there you go pointing fingers at Liberals. You know what: LIBERALS are the ones trying to FIX our health-care system, including MENTAL health; while Conservatives fight them every step of the way. LIBERALS are the ones trying to stop violence in this country, while Conservatives call the causes of that violence "personal freedom".
    If you want to solve this problem, stop pointing the finger at the ONLY political side that has even TRIED to do anything to help. Otherwise, get out of the way, because the grown-ups have work to do.
  • Onyx elijahin24 2012/12/30 14:45:01
    Onyx
    Don't give me that crap! It's LIBERAL policies which has caused the political correctness which does not allow mentally ill people to be institutionalized. It was Obama policy which put thousands of untraceable assault weapons in the hands of Mexican drug criminals! Are you that clueless!
  • elijahin24 Onyx 2012/12/30 19:36:35
    elijahin24
    Right. Let's lock up EVERYBODY who isn't of perfect mental health. We'd better start with veterans returning from war, children who are abused, and all the kids who lost friends at Sandy Hook. Let's lock them up in asylums and forget about them. Because people don't really matter. Only YOU matter.
    You guys just want to DISPOSE of problems, rather than solve them. Your side pulled out ALL the stops to prevent the Affordable Care Act, which INCLUDES mental-health. You want your guns, and you want to get rid of the HUMAN BEINGS who MIGHT be dangerous; rather than try to figure out WHY they might be dangerous and solve the damned problem. Please name for me ONE bill that Republicans have introduced that would even BEGIN to address the issue.
  • Onyx elijahin24 2012/12/30 20:38:52
    Onyx
    Apparently I just ran into a mentally ill liberal. Why so defensive? Did I even imply that everyone with a mental illness should be locked up? No I did not. As it stands even the most dangerous mentally ill people are kept in society. That certainly needs to change. If you are so against assault weapons where is your outrage at Obama for putting thousands of untraceable assault weapons in the hands of criminsls through the Fast and Furious program? Or are you a hypocrite?
  • elijahin24 Onyx 2012/12/30 22:45:09
    elijahin24
    I WAS outraged by Fast and Furious. I don't know (and neither do you)how much President Obama or even Eric Holder had to do with that program, other than that the decision was made on their watch; but I WAS pissed about it. That said, I would like for you to stop ignoring my question: WHAT BILL HAVE REPUBLICANS OFFERED THAT WOULD EVEN BEGIN TO TOUCH THIS PROBLEM?
  • Onyx elijahin24 2013/01/01 22:33:25
    Onyx
    You are going to exempt the president and holder from fast and furious? How typically liberal. What bills do you want the GOP to present? We currently have our second amendment rights.
  • elijahin24 Onyx 2013/01/04 03:54:31
    elijahin24
    So you can't answer the question? That's what I thought. How typically Conservative.
    I want Conservatives to offer SOME kind of solution. Even the most feeble-minded attempt to give the vaguest appearance that they are AWARE of the damned problem. That's how low expectations are, of the GOP. I would be THRILLED if they would just admit that there IS a problem; and at least give the appearance that they WANT to solve it. Of course they don't, as proven by their utter refusal to even acknowledge that there IS one.
  • Lee 2012/12/18 00:17:24
    Lee
    +1
    The wrong people with guns is the problem. It's also a problem that we'd even need guns.
  • Onyx Lee 2012/12/27 21:43:39
    Onyx
    +1
    I just bought an AR-15 ;)

2014/04/19 09:46:30