Are any of these pictures good or do i need to work on my photography?

rhirhi 2012/07/11 02:31:13
cool

whoa

idk

• Jorge Enriquez 2012/08/10 02:16:30
    Jorge Enriquez
    go ahead
  • baxter 2012/07/14 21:29:19
    baxter
    THEY ARE VERY GOOD I WISH I COULD TAKE PICHTURES LIKE THAT
  • rhirhi baxter 2012/07/14 21:31:22
    rhirhi
    thanks
  • krishalini shivarjah 2012/07/12 17:12:09
    krishalini shivarjah
    It's pretty and ausom to view but it'll get it's top view when it is more clear
  • rhirhi krishal... 2012/07/12 17:13:10
    rhirhi
    thanks
  • Maleficent 2012/07/11 21:36:02
    Maleficent
    you need to work on your photography a little more.
  • Ani 2012/07/11 19:55:08
    Ani
    no.., need to work they are good :)
  • Hev Hellraiser 2012/07/11 12:27:51
    Hev Hellraiser
    i think you need a better camera, angle's kinda good though
  • Crime Time 2012/07/11 12:22:02
  • rhirhi Crime Time 2012/07/11 12:38:29
    rhirhi
    +1
    i have had it for about a year
  • MadWorld 2012/07/11 07:35:12
    MadWorld
    that's not DSLR pr SLR camera
    i think it's digital
    but your angle is very good
  • LunarRain 2012/07/11 04:54:03
    LunarRain
    I think you need a better camera and maybe give it more of a creative thought, instead of just being like here's an eagle. You should make it mean somthing, take it from a certain angle, or close up anything. I'm saying try to get the attention of people and make them want to closely look at it for a minute. Thats the kind of art I like best.
  • rhirhi LunarRain 2012/07/11 04:55:37
    rhirhi
    thanks
  • abby 2012/07/11 03:38:25
    abby
    Omg bestie i love them, but there a little blurry
  • Raphy 2012/07/11 03:36:39
    Raphy
    They are kind of grainy......but great pictures anyway. Practice make perfect....lol
  • ILuv2worshipU 2012/07/11 03:22:20
    ILuv2worshipU
    Good picture taking but need a better camera.
  • rhirhi ILuv2wo... 2012/07/11 03:24:55
    rhirhi
    yea i know i was using a phone camera
  • Twinkle 2012/07/11 02:59:19 (edited)
    Twinkle
    Yeah but the more light light makes a better photo and a better camera also takes better photos the one I got was a lot of money so you got a money get a one if that something you want to but if it just something you do for fun you do not need a good camera.
  • rhirhi Twinkle 2012/07/11 03:00:51
    rhirhi
    thanks
  • Twinkle rhirhi 2012/07/11 03:03:15 (edited)
    Twinkle
    I teach a class on it so want to know anything just ask.
  • rhirhi Twinkle 2012/07/11 03:04:28
    rhirhi
    +1
    Awesome thanks
  • Don Leuty 2012/07/11 02:56:05
    Don Leuty
    You are off to a nice start. You might consider visiting http://www.caedes.net/
    There are many skill levels to study, compare and learn from.
  • rhirhi Don Leuty 2012/07/11 02:57:11
    rhirhi
    +1
    thanks ill check that out, my teacher taught me some skills
  • Don Leuty rhirhi 2012/07/11 03:22:28 (edited)
    Don Leuty
    You might consider some books on art, also. Composition, lighting and focus control are major determinants, even if you are doing nothing more than capturing a lowly sunflower. Sunflower
  • rhirhi Don Leuty 2012/07/11 03:25:18
    rhirhi
    ok thanks
  • Party of One 2012/07/11 02:53:54
    Party of One
    The first one seems clearer in the foreground, the other two are not as crisp and the colors aren't as dramatic. with a cell phone camera, i'm not sure if you can correct that. i have a handheld digital that allows for a lot of options but if cell phones do, i don't know what to suggest that'd be in their menu :( sorry i'm no help *hug*
  • rhirhi Party o... 2012/07/11 02:54:38
    rhirhi
    +1
    thanks
  • Party o... rhirhi 2012/07/11 07:11:57
    Party of One
    You're welcome. I'm not that good with a camera, there's evidence of it in my profile section, lol, but they could've been better if I read-up on what to do so that's entirely my fault :) If your phone camera allows for it, RiRhi, you'll do fine ;D
  • jiggy 2012/07/11 02:48:36
    jiggy
    What did you capture these with? Looks like a cell phone camera or a pretty old digital camera.

Every photographer needs to work on their photography. It's one of those things that you never stop trying to do better.

Two things anyone should do is to do some test shots where you have control of as many variables as possible to help you understand the capabilities of your equipment. Also, do some reading on composition. You can correct or improve composition by cropping, but it always helps to have as good of a composition as possible to start with.

After understanding the fundamentals of composition on an intellectual level, the only way to improve your compositions at the time of capture is practice. Set aside some time every now and then to just go around wherever you are and snap some pictures. Take as many as you like, but play with the composition. With good composition, subject doesn't really matter. I prefer boring things when practicing my composition, but it doesn't really matter.
  • rhirhi jiggy 2012/07/11 02:50:02
    rhirhi
    +1
    thanks, they were taken with a cell phone camera
  • jiggy rhirhi 2012/07/11 03:20:43
    jiggy
    Cell phone cameras are mostly designed to take pictures of people at fairly close ranges; so say between 2 and 5 feet. Not that you can't take pictures of other things at different ranges, it's just not ideal for the equipment.

So, if that's what you're going to use, make sure you know the equipment and its limitations. Experimentation is the best way to figure that out.

Also, you might want to look into some photo editing software. I have Photoshop, so I'm spoiled, but there are other packages that are either really cheap or free that will let you adjust the color saturation, contrast, and the like. Obviously, getting better initial captures should be the goal, but software can help you save poor images, and make good images great.

I'm assuming you're on Windows, if not there are possibly better applications than I'm going to mention. Two free applications that I like are IrfanView and GIMP(it's better on Linux, but the Windows version is functional). IrfanView is mostly designed as an image viewer, but it does have some limited, but functional, global image editing features like color correction, contrast adjustment, cropping, and some other useful features. GIMP is often considered the open source substitute for Photoshop. It is not Photoshop, but it performs similar functions...

I'm assuming you're on Windows, if not there are possibly better applications than I'm going to mention. Two free applications that I like are IrfanView and GIMP(it's better on Linux, but the Windows version is functional). IrfanView is mostly designed as an image viewer, but it does have some limited, but functional, global image editing features like color correction, contrast adjustment, cropping, and some other useful features. GIMP is often considered the open source substitute for Photoshop. It is not Photoshop, but it performs similar functions to Photoshop. There's a lot of stuff in it. For basic photo manipulation you won't use most of what it can do. But it's free and does some things very well. You can perform the basic functions that I listed for IrfanView, but you have more control over them. You can also do much more than the basics, but you wouldn't need to worry about that for a while, at least.

I mention the software because of the images you posted. The eagle and the koala pictures could use some contrast adjustments and color corrections.

Sorry for all the software talk, it's just something that goes along with photography nowadays. The software is just a replacement for adjustments that used to be done in the darkroom when printing photos.

The primary focus(no pun intended) of photography is still knowing and using your equipment to get the best capture you can initially.
  • EliteAmongOutcasts 2012/07/11 02:36:46
  • Your Favorite Nerd 2012/07/11 02:36:12
    Your Favorite Nerd
    After seeing photography from my sister, you need work...
  • rhirhi Your Fa... 2012/07/11 02:37:06
    rhirhi
    +2
    thanks i am kind of new at this
  • ☆ElenaDiamond☆ 2012/07/11 02:34:58 (edited)
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    Do you want an honest opinion? In all honesty they do need some work. The quality especially of the last one and the first one are not great. They are blurry and the lighting is not good. I also think you need more megapixels to make the resolution better. I like the middle one. Photography takes time and patience. You can do it.
  • rhirhi ☆ElenaD... 2012/07/11 02:36:08
    rhirhi
    +1
    thanks and yea i dont know why its all pixelated
  • ☆ElenaD... rhirhi 2012/07/11 02:36:44
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    Did you enlarge them? That will hurt the resolution.
  • rhirhi ☆ElenaD... 2012/07/11 02:38:05
    rhirhi
    +1
    no, the camera is just like that
  • ☆ElenaD... rhirhi 2012/07/11 02:38:33
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    Ok.
  • hannah 2012/07/11 02:32:36
    hannah
    +3
    its pretty good, but you need a better camera. something that will take clearer pictures that'll make the colors stand out more.

2014/11/01 06:19:51