Are angels male or female?

Sister Jean 2012/04/16 14:20:46

• HOMBRE 2012/04/17 18:33:38
    I think
    HOMBRE
    +1
    I thought they were both?
  • Riobhca 2012/04/17 16:55:46
    I think
    Riobhca
    +1
    They can be either one. Spirits have no gender. Although in certain cultures, such as Catholic Spain, it used to be thought that they could only be male.
  • chastetothegloryofgod 2012/04/17 16:37:04
    I think
    chastetothegloryofgod
    +1
    I think it's pretty clear in the Bible that they're neither.
    They don't have sex or children or anything like that.
  • Sister ... chastet... 2012/04/17 16:51:14
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... chastet... 2012/04/17 16:58:37
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    Genesis 6:1-4
    When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal[b]; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”
    4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.
  • chastet... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/17 17:41:48
    chastetothegloryofgod
    I know exactly what you're talking about and I respect your opinion.
    Right now I don't know how successfully I could rebuttal that, but I don't think that referrs to angels, it may, but I don't think it does.
    It does seem pretty clear though that the Nephilim or Giants have nothing to do with the previous verses, at least to me. I wasn't saying you thought that, but just wanted to clarity it.
    Anyway, we Christians bash each other up too much and when we do it publicly, such as online it just gives unbelievers more grounds to ridicule and question us, because Jesus said we'd be known by our love for each other. We are truly Family!
    I don't think this is a very important issue i.e. it's not necessary to our salvation, and would never break the Fellowship of the Body over it.
  • Rachel 2012/04/17 15:34:58
    they are
    Rachel
    +1
    Neither.

... well, that's what I heard.
  • beach bum 2012/04/17 04:47:57
    they are
    beach bum
  • mr echo 2012/04/17 03:46:38
    I think
    mr echo
    i heard angels cant reproduce
    maybe they have no genitals
    so therefore they have no gender
    but if they had genfer they would probly be male and female

MALE AND FEMALE
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... mr echo 2012/04/17 15:14:40
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    think about this for a moment
    what is an angel
    what are they

why would a superior being need Genitals?
  • Sister ... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/17 15:15:08
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Sister ... 2012/04/17 15:20:23
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    my sister sister i have second sight i can see them
    they are all around us they are like the angels in the movie City of angels

they just stand and watch us never interfere they do however try to guide us in the right direction leaving us signs it can be a dream a color an animal a feather a Weird Vibe feeling

Since angels are not human they can appear as male or female whichever they decide they are not doing it for our benefit but merely so our primative brains can comprehend the vast power that they are

to see what an angel truly looks like would be like looking into a supernova
    just pure energy
  • mr echo ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/17 18:20:44
    mr echo
    thats true
    if i had a choice to become superior ,i would like to keep my genitals tho
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... mr echo 2012/04/17 18:30:26
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    they are Energy they arent organic flesh and blood like you or me
  • wildcat 2012/04/17 02:44:27
    I think
    wildcat
    +1
    I am not sure I really know. I've heard that angles are only male, and I've been told they can be either or neither. I've got four little cherubs that run around our house and three of them are girls.
    they are
    +2
    I was taught they are male angel gabriel
  • beachbum 2012/04/17 00:28:45
    I think
    beachbum
    +3
    I think they are male - Gabriel, Michael. In the Bible when circumstances speak of angels, it refers to 'him, his', etc.

I also believe they are warriors - not some little cherub floating around on a cloud playing a harp.

angel warrior
  • Andjella ObeyYMCMB 2012/04/16 23:45:11
    they are
    Andjella  ObeyYMCMB
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/04/16 23:14:11
    they are
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    Angels are Both Sexes and Neither sex they take on the form of male or female form for our understanding
    Angels are being beyond our comprehension

in every known culture, angelic beings have been recorded in thier history

starting with Early Paleolithic man Recorded in Cave paintings of figures in the sky with light around them and Bird like wing on thier backs

the Cave Paintings have been Carbon Dated to be 50,000–40,000 years old

Angels have been found in Every Culture since Recorded Time
    If you look at the word ‘angel’ you’ll find it comes from the Greek word angelos which simply means messenger. Angels were first described in the Bible without wings and simply as men but then later on they sprouted wings and other differentiating features. It’s interesting in mythology, beings with wings have been around since, well, the days of the gods and goddesses.
    Going way back in time to ancient Sumeria, the Cradle of Civilisation, you’ll find carved stone images of humans with wings.

Some 5000 years ago this civilisation had a religion based on many gods, goddesses and spirits and they included the notion that everyone had their own personal ‘ghost’. This ghost is most likely the predecessor to today’s idea of guardian angels. Back in 3000 BCE altars were set up in homes...

form understanding angels comprehension culture angelic beings recorded thier history
    recorded cave paintings figures sky light bird wing thier backs

Some 5000 years ago this civilisation had a religion based on many gods, goddesses and spirits and they included the notion that everyone had their own personal ‘ghost’. This ghost is most likely the predecessor to today’s idea of guardian angels. Back in 3000 BCE altars were set up in homes to honour the personal ‘ghosts’.
    Semitic tribes conquered Sumeria and began to organise the ‘angels’ into some kind of hierarchy. An idea we still see in the mainstream religions.
    It’s not just Sumeria that had winged messengers – they’re all over the world. Just think of Hermes, that Greek messenger of the gods
  • Sister ... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/16 23:53:58
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Sister ... 2012/04/17 01:11:44
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    what? i was saying how angels are found even in ancient times
  • MandaLynne ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/17 15:08:38
    MandaLynne
    +1
    I have learned that Sister Jean prefers succinct answers. :)
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... MandaLynne 2012/04/17 15:12:43
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    im a Gemini i like to investigate explore and provide knowledge about the subject
  • J 2012/04/16 21:14:49
    they are
    J
    +1
    Neither. If God needs them to, they can resemble one or the other. And will not be offended or bothered by asking them if they are from the God of Abraham, the Father of Christ, who lived as a man, was crucified, buried and resurrected. Demons, however, don't like that type of questioning.
  • Will Advocate of PHAET 2012/04/16 21:04:32
    I think
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    +1
    I have always pictured them as both. But that's just me.
  • Jessica ♥ Nick = foreva 2012/04/16 20:41:28
    I think
    Jessica ♥  Nick = foreva
    +1
    I think soo even boys they need to be angle you need that when you going to die I want die soonBut so I can go to the heaven and too see Jesus and my cousin small angle and grand pa and my besty friend emo tom and jake
  • MandaLynne 2012/04/16 20:41:09
    I think
    MandaLynne
    +3
    Male.

Every reference to angels in Scripture refers to them in the masculine gender. The only named angels in the Bible—Michael, Gabriel, Lucifer—had male names and all were referred to in the masculine.

Revelation 12:7 – “…Michael and his angels.”;
    Luke 1:29 – “Mary was greatly troubled at his (Gabriel’s) words.”;
    Isaiah 14:12 – “Oh, Lucifer, son of the morning.”

Other references to angels are always in the masculine gender. In Judges 6:21; the angel held the staff in his hand. Zechariah asked an angel a question and reports that he answered (Zechariah 1:19). The angels in Revelation are all spoken of as “he” and “his” (Revelation 7:1; 10:15, 14:19; 16:2, 417, 19:17; 20:1).
  • Sister ... MandaLynne 2012/04/16 23:12:32
  • Lover Boy 2012/04/16 20:13:41
    they are
    Lover Boy
    +1
    Genderless.
  • Amanda H 2012/04/16 20:07:01
    I think
    Amanda H
    +2
    Male????
  • Jan Haskell 2012/04/16 20:04:33
    I think
    Jan Haskell
    +2
    I don't think they are sexual beings, but they seem to show up as males in most of scripture (Gabriel, Michael, the three that approached Abraham). I'm sure they can appear as anyone .... "you may be entertaining angels unaware.."
  • Liliana 2012/04/16 19:32:44
    they are
    Liliana
  • Smokey 2012/04/16 19:12:58
    they are
    Smokey
    +1
    Angels are neither male or female because they can't reproduce. They are asexual. Also, there are many different types and forms of Angels. Some historians have speculated that Angels could also be travelers from afar. Because there was no word back then for Aliens or space ships... but people get too sensative if we start discussing those issues. And most likely, Angels didn't have wings on their backs. The picture of Angels we now see came from the 15th Century.

Smokey
  • tredzwater 2012/04/16 19:06:24
    I think
    tredzwater
    the question belongs with "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?"

According to Judeo-Christian mythology, angels are spirits. Spirits have no body. Lacking a body they have neither penis nor pudenda. Without a penis or pudenda, they cannot be classified by gender.

The Catholic Encyclopedia says: "They are spirits; the writer of the Epistle to the Hebrews says: "Are they not all ministering spirits, sent to minister to them who shall receive the inheritance of salvation?" (Hebrews 1:14).
    http://www.newadvent.org/cath... (First section)

There is, of course, not the slightest neutral, scholarly evidence that angels exist in reality.
  • Miko Mikomiko 2012/04/16 18:31:53 (edited)
    they are
    Miko Mikomiko
    +2
    I read somewhere that they are male
    read male
  • Darlin' 2012/04/16 18:25:06
    they are
    Darlin'
    +1
    female
  • Adeline Cooper 2012/04/16 18:12:33
  • Xerxes 2012/04/16 18:03:54
    they are
    Xerxes
  • Thomas Rea: Gay Christian A... 2012/04/16 17:46:29
    they are
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    +1
    They are not male or female.
  • SaltAndBurn ★ 2012/04/16 17:42:04
    I think
    SaltAndBurn ★
    +1
    They are both, it depends on the person.

2014/10/24 12:12:51