Are All Christians Judgmental and Rude?

AngryGabby 2012/06/12 23:35:59
Yes!
No!
Some Are, Some Aren't.
I'm A Respectful Christian!
They are the reason why i have a don't-ask-don't-tell policy with my friends.

Every time I try to discuss something religious with them, I get called pagan, stupid, ignorant, jaded, and a bunch of other insults. But when it comes to an actual counterargument, they tell me to read the Bible instead of actually answering me. It's kind of annoying.

I am not atheist, pagan, or agnostic, I do believe that there is a God and an afterlife, but it's a different God than the Christian, Jewish, and Muslim definitions of God. The Christians that I've met don't even bother to ask what I believe in before accusing me of being any of the above.

Now, I'm sure that there probably are some decent, respectful Christians out there, but I haven't met any that aren't close-minded.

If you aren't like the ones described above, please let me know that you exist!

If I see the "I'm a Respectful Christian!" option fill up, it'll make my summer!

• Xerxes 2012/07/15 03:51:46
    No!
    Xerxes
    +5
    I am a Christian, your beliefs or non-beliefs are of no concern to me. The Father gave humankind free will, you have made your decision, as long as you don't try to force it on me. I will neither hinder nor help any atheists/agnostic/non-believer.

• PandahSixx 2012/12/17 06:36:45
  • Jennifer Di Pasquale 2012/10/11 10:32:19
    I'm A Respectful Christian!
    Jennifer Di Pasquale
    +1
    I cannot say I blame you for your attitude towards those who abuse and criticise and treat you with hatred, and yet claim they are Christians! I would find it hard to accept any advice about reading the Bible from the likes of people who treat me like that! In fact I would be of the opinion that they should read the Bible themselves first, as they don't seem to know what is in it about treating people with arrogance and distain!! The Bible actually has a lot to say about these kinds of "Christians" and the sad facts are these who behave like this are not Christians at all, but false professors of Christianity. We have a very good description of these kinds of people in 2 Timothy chapter three. If you have a real Bible, a King James Bible, you will be able to read the long sorry list of these very people you have had dealings with, as you mention above. These are they who "Having a form of godliness, but deny the power thereof:" and it is added "from such turn away." (Verse 5) These are evil men of whom we read in verse 13 "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived." They disobey the Word of God, but they are deceived by the father of lies, who their father is. "Be not deceived: God is NOT MOCKED: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall h...
    I cannot say I blame you for your attitude towards those who abuse and criticise and treat you with hatred, and yet claim they are Christians! I would find it hard to accept any advice about reading the Bible from the likes of people who treat me like that! In fact I would be of the opinion that they should read the Bible themselves first, as they don't seem to know what is in it about treating people with arrogance and distain!! The Bible actually has a lot to say about these kinds of "Christians" and the sad facts are these who behave like this are not Christians at all, but false professors of Christianity. We have a very good description of these kinds of people in 2 Timothy chapter three. If you have a real Bible, a King James Bible, you will be able to read the long sorry list of these very people you have had dealings with, as you mention above. These are they who "Having a form of godliness, but deny the power thereof:" and it is added "from such turn away." (Verse 5) These are evil men of whom we read in verse 13 "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived." They disobey the Word of God, but they are deceived by the father of lies, who their father is. "Be not deceived: God is NOT MOCKED: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to the flesh shall reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap everlasting life." (Galatians 6:7, 8) These people who claim to be Christians but are filled with hatred and nastiness are still in darkness, and thus they are the children of darkness, butt they will not come to the light lest their deeds should be reproved. "Men love darkness rather than light because their deeds are evil." Don't let these types fool you, true children of God do love; first of all they love God and they love their neighbour as themselves. "Jesus Christ died for the ungodly." That is for ALL mankind. Jesus Christ loved you so much that He died in your place that you "might become the righteousness of God in him." In the flesh without God we are lost and cannot help but to disobey God and live in maliciousness and hatred and sin. This is why God sent His Son to be the Saviour of the world. It is through "Repentance towards God and faith towards our Lord Jesus Christ" (Acts 20:21) that we come into the peace and rest of God. This is not a mere mental consent as these judgmental haters and abusers think; but it is having the black sinful heart replaced with a new heart; a heart with the love of God instilled within by the Holy Spirit, when we trust Christ to save us, as he promised He would, to those who come unto Him by faith. If you do not own a KJB, please get yourself one and read what God says. Do not listen to these people you have been listening to if they display that prideful attitude. God will speak to you through His Holy Word. Do not listen to the professors of Christianity, as they are not possessors of the Spirit of God to treat you with such venom. Please feel free to contact me on Face Book as I have a lot on the subject of true Christianity on my wall, because of this very reason that there are very few today who know what true Christianity is. Just observing the 57 votes above tells me once more that people have very little clue as to what a Christian really is. The word Christian means "Christ like one." Look me up; Jennifer Delwyn Di Pasquale. I have made my posts regarding Christianity public on my wall. If you would like to be my "friend" just message me telling me who you are, and I would be so happy to help you find Christ for your own Lord and Saviour. God is love, and those who belong to Him have the love of God shed abroad in their hearts also. May you come to know Him whom I have known now for fifty-eight years, and I can tell you, He is true to His every Word, and He will forgive your sins;, cleanse your heart;, give you a new nature; and give you the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians chapter five. Not to mention eternal life! You will never regret becoming a Christian, - a true Christian, that is!
  • AngryGabby Jennife... 2012/12/16 15:28:52
    AngryGabby
    Thank you for your insight. I also like how you have the ability to understand both sides of the story.
  • FELINE GESTURES IN THE DARK 2012/07/21 10:56:20
    No!
    FELINE GESTURES IN THE DARK
    +1
    If there is one thing killing the world , it is prejudice .
  • AngryGabby FELINE ... 2012/12/16 15:29:12
    AngryGabby
    Words of wisdom, my man, :/
  • Jackie 2012/07/21 06:22:05
    No!
    Jackie
    +1
    No you are confusing Christians with Liberals.. They display the hatred and intolerance daily. God is explained in the Bible. Not sure if you mean you created one of your own or what?

Interesting that you post a Beatle. Another Beatle tried many religions and searched the world over to find the truth. He settled on Christianity in the end. That one was George Harrison. John perhaps died to young.

But they were smart about the ignorant revolution criers even in the 60's. With the song Revolution.

You say you want a revolution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change the world
    You tell me that it's evolution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change the world
    But when you talk about destruction
    Don't you know that you can count me out
    Don't you know it's gonna be all right
    all right, all right

You say you got a real solution
    Well, you know
    We'd all love to see the plan
    You ask me for a contribution
    Well, you know
    We're doing what we can
    But when you want money
    for people with minds that hate
    All I can tell is brother you have to wait
    Don't you know it's gonna be all right
    all right, all right
    Ah

ah, ah, ah, ah, ah...

You say you'll change the constitution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change your head
    You tell me it's the institution
    Well, you know
    You better free you mind instead
    ...

You say you want a revolution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change the world
    You tell me that it's evolution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change the world
    But when you talk about destruction
    Don't you know it's gonna be all right
    all right, all right

You say you got a real solution
    Well, you know
    We'd all love to see the plan
    You ask me for a contribution
    Well, you know
    We're doing what we can
    But when you want money
    for people with minds that hate
    Don't you know it's gonna be all right
    all right, all right
    Ah

ah, ah, ah, ah, ah...

You say you'll change the constitution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change your head
    You tell me it's the institution
    Well, you know
    You better free you mind instead
    But if you go carrying pictures of chairman Mao
    You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow
    Don't you know it's gonna be all right
    all right, all right
    all right, all right, all right
    all right, all right, all right

Well Obama covets Mao on his christmas tree........ And smilingly calls destruction Arab spring........ Beatles prove crazies have been around for awhile now.
  • AngryGabby Jackie 2012/12/16 15:32:23
    AngryGabby
    I only chose the song "Imagine" because it talks about coexistence, which I believe is the only way for all of us humans to stop killing and hating each other. It's the only song related to the Beatles that I actually love, the others are just catchy.

By the way, not all liberals are bad; same with Christians, Muslims, and atheists. It all just depends on one's maturity.
  • Vision of Verve 2012/07/21 02:36:22
  • carlton999 2012/07/21 00:40:45
    Some Are, Some Aren't.
    carlton999
    +1
    A lot of Christians seem to forget the part about not Judging people.
  • ZB 2012/07/21 00:14:12
    I'm A Respectful Christian!
    ZB
    +1
    Not a bible thumper, nor am I a fanatic. You want to talk religion without getting into bashing...anytime. I'm no expert though. Your beliefs are just that...YOURS. I have no say in how you believe, nor will I try to force you into seeing things my way. We are all INDIVIDUALS and can make our own choices. That is something that many Christians forget :(
  • Vortex Lord 2012/07/20 23:27:05 (edited)
    Some Are, Some Aren't.
    Vortex Lord
    +1
    Most of them are afraid of stuff they shouldn`t. Easily shocked, everything that they don`t like is satanic and evil when it`s not. They don`t accept different people and they are afraid of the dark and unknown.
    And very stressful on the death bed because they know they have done enough crap to go to hell.
    Now I`m not saying they all are because I know. I`m speaking about the weak and ignorant majority.
  • AngryGabby Vortex ... 2012/12/16 15:33:27
    AngryGabby
    +1
    You speak the truth...
  • ♒ßεllεchεvεllε®♒ 2012/07/20 23:25:39
    Some Are, Some Aren't.
    ♒ßεllεchεvεllε®♒
    +1
    Same in all religions.
  • Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan... 2012/07/20 23:23:05
    Some Are, Some Aren't.
    Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan BN0
    +2
    I have seen disrespectful people everywhere. Non-religious people included.
  • Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/07/16 19:46:33
    Some Are, Some Aren't.
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    let's say they are on par with Socialist-Athiests
  • AngryGabby Ballade... 2012/12/16 15:34:10
    AngryGabby
    I think you mean Fascist. There actually are some instances were Socialism allows freedom of choice.
  • Ballade... AngryGabby 2012/12/16 18:08:59
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    riiiigghhht that's why people in socialists cuba climb onto rafts made of shingles...brave shark infested waters to leave socialist cuba...because cuba offers them freedom of choice
  • AngryGabby Ballade... 2012/12/16 21:13:07
    AngryGabby
    I said in some instances, not all. Does capitalism always work? No. For other countires, socialism works.
  • Ballade... AngryGabby 2012/12/16 21:21:30
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    name them
  • AngryGabby Ballade... 2012/12/16 21:31:17
    AngryGabby
    Vietnam, China and Syria. The Vietnamese are quite a friendly people and the Chinese, well, they can be rude, but so can Americans. Of course, you'll find some way to deem them "unfit".
  • Ballade... AngryGabby 2012/12/17 01:29:34
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    china a police state enforces one child....syria is on the brink of exploding...and viet nam still has poverty...congrats you are batting 0 0 0
  • AngryGabby Ballade... 2012/12/20 01:52:07
    AngryGabby
    So capitalism is always successful is what you're trying to prove?
  • Ballade... AngryGabby 2012/12/20 04:32:08
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    Capitalism passes the 'gate' test...your precious socialism does not
  • Riobhca 2012/07/16 18:19:49
    Some Are, Some Aren't.
    Riobhca
    Most that I have met certainly are. But there are a few I've met who are tolerant of others' beliefs.
  • Mattie 2012/07/16 16:55:36
    Some Are, Some Aren't.
    Mattie
    +1
    I've got Christian friends who are pretty cool. I had an in-depth conversation with one, because we were both very curious about why the other believed what they did. I need a Muslim friend, because I want to learn about that, but being in NC can really keep you limited about different religions.
  • Arianne 2012/07/16 10:51:23
    Some Are, Some Aren't.
    Arianne
    +2
    I've met both the rude ones and the really nice and lovely ones who aren't. Funnily enough me and my friends used to discuss religion a lot. Discuss, not debate. Because we all believed in different things and we didn't really bother converting the others we just talked about it.

But we all agree that people who can't accept other beliefs and who push theirs on others are as annoying as hell.
  • Somkey the Hores 2012/07/16 07:40:27 (edited)
    No!
    Somkey the Hores
    John Lennon was an athie, lucifer worshipping, one world dystopian drug freak. Not being judgemental, just reporting facts. Imagine no John Lennon, it's easy and you don't even have to try.
    world dystopian drug freak judgemental reporting facts imagine john lennon

• AngryGabby Somkey ... 2012/12/16 15:36:49
    AngryGabby
    This isn't about Lennon, it's about religious intolerance.
  • Somkey ... AngryGabby 2012/12/17 06:10:16
    Somkey the Hores
    Same thing.
  • AngryGabby Somkey ... 2012/12/20 01:53:57
    AngryGabby
    Is that what it says in the dictionary?

not in the dictionary
  • Maleficent 2012/07/16 00:16:01
    Some Are, Some Aren't.
    Maleficent
    not all of them are.
  • CAPISCE Maleficent 2012/07/16 04:09:39
  • Headhunter 13 2012/07/15 21:09:27
    Some Are, Some Aren't.
    Headhunter 13
    +1
    But that goes for any believer in any religion. Remember they all think that theirs is the only right myth and it has nothing to do with fact or reality. It is their delusion. You are all believers in man made imaginary beings
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/07/15 21:08:59
    Yes!
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    Christians protesting
    Christians protesting a Comic and Anime convention
    There are a ton of Christian protestors outside of SDCC telling people they are going to hell Seriously People Protesting COMIC BOOKS???

These assphats as just as bad as these people
    james the preacher

protestors sdcc telling people people protesting comic books assphats people

• Dweezle 2012/07/15 21:06:06
    Some Are, Some Aren't.
    Dweezle
    +2
    I look at my beliefs to be personal not to be sold to everyone to gain salvation...
  • Barbara Dweezle 2012/07/16 14:14:07 (edited)
    Barbara
    +1
    To DAW above, who continues to block me, you might want to take a look at how the Bible says men and husbands are to act and what their duties are. Once again, at least keep things in context. Present the whole issue, not just the one you want others to believe. Respect the fact that everyone has a brain and can make up their own mind about any subject when the total picture is set before them. That's all I ask of you.
    The comic-book people and the crazed axe abortion guy are obviously wrong, (expecially the axe guy), that Elijah-speaking person was insane. That's just a given to anyone with common sense, which we seem to be short on these days. I know of very few people who follow Christ that would condone this behaviour, just as some pagans behave irresponsibly and all pagans have to pay for it.
  • Dweezle Barbara 2012/07/17 03:16:10
    Dweezle
    pLEASE DO NOT USE MY id TO REPLY TO SOMEONE THAT HAS BLOCKED YOU, THE FACT IS, THJEY BLOCKED YOU APARENTLY FOR A REASON. sorry about the caps, but I accidently hit the cap key, and I look at the keys when I type not the monitor, and I do not care to take the time to correct it!
  • Barbara Dweezle 2012/07/17 04:42:01 (edited)
    Barbara
    (Edited for clarity) My apologies. The person who blocked me did so because I simply disagree with him on several things and pointed out his mistakes, but I also agreed with him on some things. The main reason he blocked me was because I asked him if he would put things in context when he was quoting from different sources so people could make up their own minds and that made him mad. So I don't know what's up with that. I was told if someone disagrees with him that he is a coward and blocks them (that came from a friend of his and I'm one of many who have been blocked).
    Sorry for any inconvenience and I do apologize again for thoughtlessly letting my frustration overtake my respect for you as a person and your post!
  • Dweezle Barbara 2012/07/17 08:17:06
    Dweezle
    must I block you also? I am sorry to say, you sound like a sad lil school girl...
  • Barbara Dweezle 2012/07/17 09:35:02
    Barbara
    That was not my intention. It was simply to show respect.

2014/09/16 23:33:39