Apologies....

Brian S 2012/02/27 23:32:10
I received this on my FB page and thought that many many more people would enjoy it. I copied/pasted it in its entirety.... it reads:

This was written by a Canadian woman, but oh how it also applies to the U.S.A., U.K. and Australia .

THIS ONE PACKS A FIRM PUNCH

Written by a housewife in New Brunswick , to her local newspaper. This is one ticked off lady...

"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not, started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001
and have continually threatened to do so since?

Were people from all over the world, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from the capitol of the USA and in a field in Pennsylvania ?

Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?

Do you think I care about four U. S. Marines urinating on some dead Taliban insurgents?

And I'm supposed to care that a few Taliban were claiming to be tortured by a justice system of a nation they are fighting against in a brutal Insurgency.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East, start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere belief of which, is a crime punishable by beheading in Afghanistan .

I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head, while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called insurgents in Afghanistan , come out and fight like men, instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in Mosques and behind women and children.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of Nirvana, care about the innocent children within range of their suicide Bombs.

I'll care when the Canadian media stops pretending that their freedom of Speech on stories, is more important than the lives of the soldiers on the ground or their families waiting at home, to hear about them when something happens.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a CANADIAN soldier roughing up an Insurgent terrorist to obtain information, know this:

I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank:

I don't care. Shoot him again.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat,
and fed 'special' food, that is paid for by my tax dollars, is
complaining that his holy book is being 'mishandled,' you can absolutely
believe, in your heart of hearts:

I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled 'Koran' and other times 'Quran.' Well, Jimmy Crack Corn you guessed it.

I don't care!!

If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your E-mail Friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous behavior!

If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical
Muslims happen here in our great Country! And may I add:

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering, if during their life on earth, they made a difference in the world. But, the Soldiers don't have that problem.

I have another quote that I would like to share AND...I hope you forward All this.

One last thought for the day:

Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ

2. The British Soldier.

3. The Canadian Soldier.

4. The US Soldier, and

5. The Australian Soldier

One died for your soul,
the other four, for you and your children's Freedom.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO PASS THIS ON,
AS MANY SEEM TO FORGET!

AMEN! GOD BLESS CANADA AND AMERICA .

• seathanaich 2012/03/02 23:46:17
    seathanaich
    This crap wasn't written by a Canadian. Some American wrote it, and lied that it was written by a Canadian. It also wouldn't be published in any local paper (too long). It's just another American spam email that makes the rounds.

It tells you a lot about someone when they lie about something this simple.
  • Brian S seathan... 2012/03/03 10:33:58
    Brian S
    Whether or not it was published by a newspaper.. and I don't care if Dr Seuss wrote it.... it is AWESOME!!
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/03/02 14:26:59
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +1
    Huge applause! Love it.
  • BlytheSpirit~bn0 2012/03/02 06:58:35
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    Great. Just what we need. More hate! Do you really think this sort of vulgar thinking honors anyone? Those killed on 911? Those killed in Iraq? Those killed in Afghanistan? All the innocent foreign people gunned down by the US and Canadian military? You people aren't interested in peace. You're only interested in killing anyone who doesn't look like you or think like you. And you have the nerve to call yourselves "christians."
  • Brian S BlytheS... 2012/03/02 07:11:11
    Brian S
    Actually, I was AGAINST the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan. There was no purpose for Iraq, as there were never any WMD's found...only the topple of Hussein...which wasn't a bad thing, but WE shouldn't have been the ones to invade.

In Afghanistan, I was supportive of taking out Bin Laden, however, it should have been a quicker war and not an entire occupation.

Now, let's talk about innocent people gunned down. Yes, 'friendly fire' is a hazard in combat situations. If the jihadists would come out and fight head to head, not hiding in mosques, schools, hospitals... not to mention BLOWING THEMSELVES UP IN CROWDS killing everyone within range....

I'm one of those that believe our military should be back in the US, not scattered over God's Green Earth at an unknown number of overseas bases, many of which are in countries that don't want us there in the first place. However, if someone strikes us, or there is evidence that it is about to happen... I mean SOLID evidence, then by all means, unleash out military and strike fast and hard, then bring them back home... not linger as nation builders.
  • seathan... BlytheS... 2012/03/02 23:47:35
    seathanaich
    Don't be fooled by the claims this was written by a Canadian. There are several stylistic places which make it obvious that this was written by an American. The fact that the author feels a need to lie about this tells you all you need to know about their morals.
  • Viet Era medic 2012/03/01 17:41:34
    Viet Era medic
    +2
    Wow, amen to that. We're seeing more letters and opinions like this. Too bad though, that the liberal leftist elite don't understand what's going on and also what's needed to keep everyone safe..
  • Steve J~PWCM~JLA 2012/02/29 15:38:34
    Steve J~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Great, post. Thanks.
  • Andy 2012/02/29 12:39:02
    Andy
    +1
    I have seen this before... great reminder!!
  • Brian S Andy 2012/02/29 19:25:32
    Brian S
    +1
    All I ask is that you keep it going....who knows, maybe someone will see it that can do something about it.
  • Luke 2012/02/29 11:54:44
    Luke
    +2
    Thank you for this post!!!!
  • Brian S Luke 2012/02/29 19:25:38
    Brian S
    +1
  • Luke Brian S 2012/02/29 19:29:53
    Luke
    +1
    I'll copy an paste to email right now.....out to all......

Be well Brother!!
  • Brian S Luke 2012/02/29 19:30:43
    Brian S
    +1
    Thanks.. have a great day!
  • Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩ 2012/02/29 10:21:30
  • jgh57 2012/02/29 07:30:16
    jgh57
    +3
    Could not have said it better.
  • Brian S jgh57 2012/02/29 19:25:49
    Brian S
    +1
  • angelbaby 2012/02/29 06:53:37
    angelbaby
    +2
    Wow!! This is amazing .. I love it
  • Brian S angelbaby 2012/02/29 07:01:29
    Brian S
    +1
    Thank you. I was almost afrait to look at it, but it was definitely worth it!
  • angelbaby Brian S 2012/02/29 07:48:38
    angelbaby
    +1
    My pleasure.. Thanks fir sharing it.
  • Brian S angelbaby 2012/02/29 07:49:55
    Brian S
    +1
    No problem, thank you for visiting and thank you for sharing as well.
  • Ironhead60 Brian S 2012/02/29 10:44:42
    Ironhead60
    +1
    Awesome....thanks for that article Brian...
  • Brian S Ironhead60 2012/02/29 19:26:19
    Brian S
  • David Hussey 2012/02/29 06:36:27
    David Hussey
    +1
    I heartily DISAGREE with this. Just a rant of "Do you think I care........"

When the blood of untold numbers of Arabs had been spilled, when an entire generation of Iraqi children was poisoned by the dirty weapons left strew across their countryside... tell my, Why should I not care about them, and only care the victims of the inevitable blowback to our own atrocities.

I get it, you don't care. And because you never cared this war has been brought upon people of all nationalities.
  • Brian S David H... 2012/02/29 06:43:22
    Brian S
    Actually, you dont understand my point. I have mixed feelings about the situation.

First, I believe that we should have made quick entrance and exit from Afghanistan. Gone there, taken care of the situation and then left, the same with Iraq. The mission of our military forces is NOT to be Nation Builders or Global Policemen,.

Second, why should I feel bad when our military is sent there (as pawns of the politicians, by the way) trying to get a job done and those that are hiding the guilty ones that attacked pull stunts like suicide bombings, hiding in mosques, schools and anywhere else there are innocents located. So what, we burned some Koran's that were defaced. You're correct that I dont care about that. They will kill a non-believer of Islam in a heartbeat. Where's your outrage over that?
  • David H... Brian S 2012/02/29 07:03:27
    David Hussey
    +1
    It is not that I lack outrage for their killing, I am just sick and tired of the victims being portrayed as the aggressors. And it was not your point I was disagreeing with Brian, it was the thoughts of the woman who wrote that piece

I agree with you, at least in part. I had no problem with going after Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, but the moment the mission became regime change it lost all my support. As for Iraq, there was no just cause there at all, just as there was zero just cause for the decade of persecution of the Iraqi people that preceded 9\11 and was the primary inspiration for the attacks.

Do I condone their atrocities? No. Do I support their cause? No. But what I do understand very clearly is where their animosity comes from. And it does not come from the Quran, it comes from the foreign policies of the West and our callous disregard for their lives, their lands
  • Brian S David H... 2012/02/29 07:13:26
    Brian S
    +1
    Thank you. We definitely see eye to eye on things, maybe not all, but apparently quite a few.

I believe that we should pull out of many of the countries that we have bases in. Too many of them don't want us there in the first place. People tell me that we should have them there for this reason or that reason.

My response is always this. "How would you feel if we had a Chinese (*or name your country) base in the USA?"

In the video though, I do like her attitude and perspective. However, I think we should have gone in, taken care of a clear mission, then withdrawn. There will NEVER be peace in the Middle East and it's a waste of money, manpower and lives to even try to fight for it. I might sound callous, but if we are lucky, maybe they will wipe each other off the face of the earth, or learn from all of the killing that it's not worth it and stop.
  • David H... Brian S 2012/02/29 07:30:30
    David Hussey
    +1
    Yes, it seems we agree on some things at least Brian. Your question re: Chinese base in America is a good one, I often try to get people to try to imagine how they would feel if they were on the other side of any of these conflicts. Most don't seem willing to even try to wear the other guys shoes, let alone walk a mile in them.

Peace can only ever come to the Middle East when the Middle East is left to the people who live there to determine their destiny. For the past couple of centuries they have had the European, and now American powers playing their imperial games, pitting factions against one another and basically standing in the way of any chance of just and equitable settlements to whatever conflicts exist there.

Appreciate your reasoned responses, its not often I receive such a thing when I voice my thoughts on these issues. Usually I am just accused of supporting terrorism
  • Brian S David H... 2012/02/29 07:46:22
    Brian S
    +1
    I understand. I do my best to try and stay reasonable in my responses and not get personal with things. In fact, when someone does go all personal (no matter what leaning left/right/repub/dem) I just walk away from the conversation. Im here to try and get new ideas out to people in hopes that they will go and take it to the rest of the world (contacting their representatives, friends etc). It's funny to see people that say this is urgent, please rave.... sure, a rave is nice and shows that people like what you say, but if all it does is stay on the site.... how is it urgent?

My problems are with both parties, the Dem and Rep have been screwing this Country and the longer they keep 'We the People' fighting amongst ourselves, the longer they will continue their acts.
  • David H... Brian S 2012/02/29 08:04:28
    David Hussey
    +1
    Another place we agree Brian. I am in complete agreement about the parties. I think Washington was incredibly prescient when he stated that the two greatest threats to the newly formed republic were a standing army and political parties. And now, what I see is the Republic smothering under the weight of both.

Agreement is all well and good, but it accomplishes nothing. If I just wished to have my ideas validated I wouldn't bother with a forum of diverse thought. It is only through disagreement that progress is possible in my opinion, but for that progress to be possible one must remain reasonable in debate and attack only the ideas, not the person putting them forth. I can do a better job of this myself I know, frustration sometimes gets the better of me. But I try and appreciate anyone who is also just looking to exchange ideas
  • chaoski... David H... 2012/02/29 07:24:29
    chaoskitty123
    +1
    The problem David is that those people you speak of... were killed by other Arabs in the vast majority of the cases. The deaths of these people did not lead to 9/11... individual fanatics who chose to become involved with terrorist groups did this. While our government provides for many evil leaders in the Middle East like the Saudi's, it is nonetheless Arab's doing it to themselves like they have always done.

In the past, our own leaders did horrible things to their own people as did various groups of terrorists. The witch hunts and inquisitions are among the most unforgettable horrors to name just the most obvious.

The problem is that much of the Middle East is still living in the past where religious fanaticism rules over most of them.

Remember what happened when we liberated Libya??? The very first day the new leaders were in office, they imposed Sharia Law which is not what leftwing supporters claimed would happen as they believed the promises of a secular government. Notice how quickly the media stopped covering Libya? Look at Egypt where the military is refusing to give up power as most said would happen and Iraq's leader has now been revealed as pro Iran.

The problem here can be viewed by examining Liberals and how they attack Christians for what they say... but embrace Mu...

The problem here can be viewed by examining Liberals and how they attack Christians for what they say... but embrace Muslims who are far more rightwing and in most Middle Eastern nations, they kill people who possess any leftwing views. It's the same with religious views as their attacks on Christians make all leftwingers look like atheists when millions of them are Christians.

So who is more fanatical? Leftwing extremists whose hatred for Christians making all leftwingers look like atheists while they embrace Islam where they still practice repression or murder of people with leftwing views... or everyone else judging not just the terrorists, but how Muslims refused to stand against this and how we see them rioting killing one another because they are so caught up in religious fanaticism that burning a copy of the Koran leads them into a murderous rage.

It's not that people don't care... nor that all Muslims are like I have described, it's how the situation is presented by the media and how many on the left let their emotions outweigh their intellect so that they are attacking Christians for what they say but then embrace Muslims who are even more far right than Christians and who kill thousands of women every year for just not obeying their husbands or fathers.

You try to point this out to them and their response is either to go quiet or... say they don't care.
  • David H... chaoski... 2012/02/29 07:36:39
    David Hussey
    But I am not referring to the victims of the sectarian conflicts Chaoskitty. The half million Iraqis who died during the Clinton admin as a direct result of the US policies, deaths openly admitted by that administration, had nothing to do with Arabs killing Arabs. It was entirely due to the criminal persecution of the Iraqi people and the radioactive debris scattered across their country.

I embrace nobody who kills, I just refuse to see their killing as evil and our killing as somehow noble and righteous. I have no religious prejudices, I have no nationalistic tendencies. I only feel for the innocent victims of all violence and aggression.
  • ♥K14 2012/02/27 23:50:32
    ♥K14
    +1
    What about all the other nations who sent troops to various parts of the middle east?
    Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the major contributors are all getting recognition for once...

Then again, I suppose no matter what was said in that post I'd find something to argue with... Isn't it fun when reflecting on your personality for a mere 9 seconds makes you realise you're a horrible person... I should probably do something about that :P
  • Brian S ♥K14 2012/02/28 00:09:28
    Brian S
    +1
    LOL!! Yeah, none of us are perfect.

2014/08/21 08:23:04