Any TRUE 'MODERATES' out there?

★Calliope★ 2012/07/05 00:25:01
It seems every time I see a person with 'moderate' on their profile - LO! they are as flamingly progressively liberal as possible to be. To me a moderate would be someone that may vote Dem, may vote Repub depending on key issues. Here? Most 'moderates' are hardcore DEMS and/or Libs and or Progressives. I'd say roughly 90 percent of the 'MODERATE' folks on Soda are trying to project implied impartiality, well that perhaps, is the wrong word but not in the sense of the word...how about... middle of the road politics when in fact every stance they take is a DEM talking pointand every friend on their list is liberal or progressive or just as an ersatz 'moderate' as they are.

Is it a cover to try and sway others?

To me, Romney is a moderate. McCain is a moderate. Bill Clinton turned into a moderate. Blue Dog Dems? gads - most of those folks cave to party pressure so I don't reckon I'd call them moderate. Roberts? ((SHUDDER))

And if you listen to most of the pundits - lefties and righties consider Romney a 'moderate'.

A lot of 'Moderates' here at Sodahead sure do seem to dislike Romney and lean left to fallin' over... well... over Obama.

Ersatz. Fake... False... Counterfeit. Phony. Are they?

In my mind - once you attain the Office of the President of the United States - you'd do well to become a moderate - give and take. Cross the aisle. Not govern from hard right or hard left.

Unfortunately, Obama has been so much a far lefty - it's going to take someone with guts to dismantle his progressive social democrat fiasco.

And I apologize to REAL MODERATES - if you don't fall into the category described - don't take it on board.. If you do yell at me and piss and moan - well, it just means you didn't bother reading this far :P.

WHAT SAY YOU?

• Kiosk Kid 2012/07/05 05:01:34 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    +3
    They like to protect themselves from getting slammed by claiming they are moderates. They want you to think there are not Marxist Liberals.

There are many of them on this site.

It doesn’t take long to identify them. A Marxist Liberal can’t produce facts to support the party line because Marxism doesn’t work. Therefore, they can only spew accusations, fallacies, and personal attacks.

Key on “they can’t produce facts.” If they were “moderates,” sometimes they will be able to produce facts to support their political point of view but a Marxist can never produce facts to support their political point of view. It is not possible because Marxism doesn’t work!

However, they don't have any problem with lying. They will tell you they don't support Obama.

• snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cl... 2012/07/06 04:45:46 (edited)
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +2
    i agree with you. for instance, I consider Romney a 'moderate' - middle of the road, wishy-washy, yin-yang kinda guy, whichever way the wind blows - thar he goes......same with anyone who tags themselves 'moderate'
  • Captain... snell/G... 2012/07/06 08:47:17
    Captain-Morgan
    +1
    May not have been my first or even second pick for the GOP... But a whole lot better than the one we have now...
  • ★Calliope★ Captain... 2012/07/07 02:45:06
    ★Calliope★
    +1
    I'm with you - but Romney was further down my list.

Much better than BO.
  • ★Calliope★ snell/G... 2012/07/07 02:44:35
    ★Calliope★
    Yeah, but even he is better than 'bama.

Shame, that.
  • jon 2012/07/05 19:22:25
    jon
    +2
    Well now I would have said for years I was a moderate but the rules have changed, my views and beliefs have held but the left has moved left every year (Marx would be proud)
    Now I would say I am a far ass right conservative, I just do not see how any one could be a "moderate" to day you are ether a blind logic impaired bleeding heart or a freeloader both too stupid to see what is coming with socialist agenda or the evil side that expects to be part of the ruling oligarchy, and it is what is coming because socialism cannot survive in a free society. The opposition call it conservative if you wish, want freedom - not free stuff because we know there is no "free stuff". We wish to be free to pursue happiness and know the we are not entitled to it at the expense of others, And that whole concept is a FAR Right one these days. How is that open and equatable outcome promise working out? We have more hatred, corruption, and deceit than ever, along with a falling standard of living for all except the govt functionarys and their complicit minions in entertainment, news, and education.
  • ★Calliope★ jon 2012/07/05 22:03:05 (edited)
    ★Calliope★
    +2
    I agree with so much of what you say. SPOT ON, good friend~!
    Kiosk Kid
    +3

There are many of them on this site.

• ★Calliope★ Kiosk Kid 2012/07/05 22:08:05
    ★Calliope★
    +3
    That was my thought, Kid. You put it so much better than me.
  • Kiosk Kid ★Calliope★ 2012/07/06 00:01:59
    Kiosk Kid
    +3
    That is not easy to do it better then you.
  • ★Calliope★ Kiosk Kid 2012/07/06 01:04:12
    ★Calliope★
    +1
    aw. You are so sweet!
  • Concerned Citizen 2012/07/05 02:36:42
    Concerned Citizen
    +2
    Self proclaimed moderates,....tend to talk and walk with the biggest of liberals.
  • ★Calliope★ Concern... 2012/07/05 02:48:16
    ★Calliope★
    +2
    That's been my impression, Bob.

I think I'm having an honest debate, then take a look at their page and some of their comments - they are about as moderate as Mao.
  • Concern... ★Calliope★ 2012/07/05 02:52:59
    Concerned Citizen
    +2
    LMAO,......Have found that many of the moderates here at SH are just hard core liberals who are all dressed up,... and with no place to go!!

Hope you and family had a nice 4th!!
  • ★Calliope★ Concern... 2012/07/05 22:10:59
    ★Calliope★
    +2
    Thanks - we did. Had to work - all of us on the 4th so we celebrated on the 3rd.

Hope you did too!

And yahoo - you said it., Hard core liberals all dressed up. Exactly!
  • Red Branch 2012/07/05 01:34:02
    Red Branch
    +2
    Moderate is a term that needs defining.
    Many hard core libs consider Obama right of center.
  • ★Calliope★ Red Branch 2012/07/05 01:52:18
    ★Calliope★
    +3
    Gads.. Crazy libs there then...working at a weird paradigm with little real world logic.

If he were any more left - with the overreaching of government - he'd make Lenin and Mao and Tito real nervous and not a little jealous!
  • Striker 2012/07/05 00:34:58
    Striker
    +3
    Most all "Real" moderates these days are communists and RINO's, all living in that grey middle without Principle. They may call themselves moderates or other monikers, but that's the facts.
  • ★Calliope★ Striker 2012/07/05 00:39:45
    ★Calliope★
    +4
    I dunno Striker - I'm a registered Conservative but have a lot of Libertarian leanings.

There are some issues, I will never lose sleep over but other Conservatives seem adamant about.
  • Striker ★Calliope★ 2012/07/05 01:06:34
    Striker
    +1
    ??? a Registered Conservative ??? I know of no Conservative Party. Help me here!
  • ★Calliope★ Striker 2012/07/05 01:25:34
    ★Calliope★
    +2
    NYS has the Conservative party.

Although I think it's a front to further divide 'right' folks.
  • Striker ★Calliope★ 2012/07/05 02:22:37
    Striker
    +1
    We Libertarians are qualified in all 50 states, and most of us lean toward the conservative side. The current situation with the RINO Party may drop them to #3, exactly what they deserve, in my book.
  • ★Calliope★ Striker 2012/07/05 02:30:37
    ★Calliope★
    +2
    RINOS - ugh. That dude, SC guy - what's his name... Lindsay Graham.

Those kind, I have no patience for them.
  • Striker ★Calliope★ 2012/07/05 02:39:09 (edited)
    Striker
    +1
    There are many! By far the majority of the former Republicans.
  • ★Calliope★ Striker 2012/07/05 02:48:57
    ★Calliope★
    +1
    Oh hell yeah!
  • Kiosk Kid ★Calliope★ 2012/07/06 00:16:37 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    +2
    Democrats call themselves Liberals, Moderates, and Progressives. Just because they call themselves something doesn’t necessary make it true? Communists call themselves Progressives.

There is only one question. Can you produce facts to support your point of view? If you can then you are not a Marxist. Marxism doesn't work. Therefore, Marxist can't never produce facts to prove it works.

Using the term "always" and "never" is very dangerous in logic. However, it never fails with Marxist. Marxist Liberals can never produce facts to support the party line (their point of view).

Look at Obama, his lowest unemployment rate was the day he took office. The only reason that the unemployment rate is 8.2 percent and not 10 percent is that he reduced the workforce. Four million people were so discouraged they gave up looking for work.
  • ★Calliope★ Kiosk Kid 2012/07/06 01:08:21
    ★Calliope★
    +1
    I don't know why folks even want to give this idiot another term. They must be blind or so ideologically confused - they want European socialism. I say - you want that - go live there. Some I feel are behind him because they perceive him as hip or cool. Still others love him and vote for him because he's black. Still others are just ignorant and do not understand the ramifications of his acts. That's going to really suck as precedence is a double edged sword.
  • Damon 2012/07/05 00:34:44
    Damon
    +1
    I guess its hard to find anyone that's middle of the road right now... It seems everyone has taken a side, and are dead set to defend it. I consider myself a Libertarian, for me that means less government, less regulation, and "almost" anything goes... Take marijuana for instance, why not legalize it, it's no worse than alcohol and as a matter of fact, its probably safer... Regardless, I could care less what you decide to put in your body, that's completely up to you.
  • Striker Damon 2012/07/05 00:36:33
    Striker
    +1
    Standing in the middle of the road promises that you'll get run over when darkness falls.
  • ★Calliope★ Striker 2012/07/05 01:30:16
    ★Calliope★
    +3
    I see the point you make.

I realize how far we will have to tack to the right to get back where we should be.
  • Striker ★Calliope★ 2012/07/05 02:24:06
    Striker
    +1
    BTW, missed it at the last comment, but thanks for the NY Conservative news.
  • ★Calliope★ Striker 2012/07/05 02:31:05
    ★Calliope★
    +2
    My pleasure.
  • ★Calliope★ Damon 2012/07/05 00:42:35
    ★Calliope★
    +3
    The thing that I can't hang with as a Libertarian is the border thing and the Military thing.

I think good fences make good neighbours and that we have an obligation to our allies around the world,and we have certain national vested interests that require military strength. .
  • Damon ★Calliope★ 2012/07/05 00:49:50
    Damon
    +1
    As far as the border, I feel we need immigration reforms, but we also need a secure border... On your point of the military, I feel we do have an obligation to help allies, but not to go sticking our nose where it doesn't belong... I do not feel we should impose our democratic beliefs on others, simply because we think its the best thing to do.
  • ★Calliope★ Damon 2012/07/05 01:29:18
    ★Calliope★
    +2
    Agreed. And I sure don't think we should be sticking our nose where it doesn't belong.

It stands to reason if you don't have a strong military - you are open to too much outside influence and can be swayed by threat. I'd just as soon not be threatened that way. Pretty hard to succumb to threats when you can put your money where their mouth is.
  • NPC 2012/07/05 00:31:06
    NPC
    +3
    Romney and McCain are Republicans first and foremost. Bill Clinton is a Liberal Democrat. Barack is a Socialist or Marxist Progressive Democrat. Take your pick on Barack. BHO is a liar and tax-spender. Barack Dosen't Care About Any of YOU persons !Barack is not fiscally conservative or who knows what this SOB is really ?!
    Get those things straighty in your mind !
  • Souther... NPC 2012/07/05 00:50:12
    Southern Man
    +2
    You pegged that
  • ★Calliope★ NPC 2012/07/05 00:52:57
    ★Calliope★
    +2
    I understand the moderate Republicans and moderate Dems, NPC.

I understand that Obama is a social democrat at the 'least' and a true Marxist totalitarian near the 'most' line. Some democrats hate being called Liberal, so I can see where the 'moderate' label may fit more appropriately... But call a Moderate 'Conservative' and jeez - you'd think you used the N word.

My point is - that many 'moderates' on Sodahead are not moderates but shills for the DNC hiding behind a more innocuous title.
  • Red Branch ★Calliope★ 2012/07/05 01:35:03
    Red Branch
    +1
    Exactly.
  • ★Calliope★ Red Branch 2012/07/05 01:53:36
    ★Calliope★
    +2
    sometimes, I have a hard time expressing myself.

I'm so glad I have all you folks to clarify my thoughts.

2014/07/23 16:02:58