Angelina Jolie's Right Leg Sparks New Meme: Is Jolie-ing Funny or Mean?

Fun 2012/02/28 22:33:26

SLIDESHOW: Jolie-Ing: Funny or Mean?

"Descendants" Writer Jolie-ing
1 of 7

"Descendants" Writer Jolie-ing

Jolie-ing actually started at the Oscars itself, when "Descendants" screenwriter Jim Rash striked a similar pose when accepting his award onstage.
  1. "Descendants" Writer Jolie-ing

"Descendants" Writer Jolie-ing

2. Double Jolie-ing

Double Jolie-ing

After the awards show, this photoshopped image began circulating the web. We'd like to refer to it as "Double Jolie-ing."

3. Statue of Liberty Jolie-ing

Statue of Liberty Jolie-ing

Before you know it, the Statue of Liberty started Jolie-ing.

4. Queen Jolie-ing

Queen Jolie-ing

As did the Queen.

5. Uggie the Dog Jolie-ing

Uggie the Dog Jolie-ing

Oh, and who could forget "Uggie" from "The Artist" striking a similar pose?

6. News Anchors Jolie-ing

News Anchors Jolie-ing

Even some local news anchors had some fun with the leggy gesture.

7. General Public Jolie-ing

General Public Jolie-ing

But we've got to ask: Is Jolie-ing funny... or is it kind of mean?

It started with Angelina Jolie's protruding right leg during Sunday night's Oscar ceremony. Soon, a @AngiesRightLeg Twitter account was born. And now, it's a full-blown internet meme -- with dogs, inanimate objects and news anchors joining in on the fun. It even has a name now: Jolie-ing.

Much like Tebow-ing and Brady-ing, Jolie-ing is exactly what you would expect it to be: people imitating -- or being photoshopped to imitate -- Angelina Jolie's odd leg gesture at the Oscars. Look through the slideshow for our favorite Jolie-ing pictures. And let us know: do you think the new internet meme is funny... or kind of mean?

• rosebud 2012/02/29 17:19:56
    Mean
    rosebud
    +2
    Probably stuck it out there to make sure it was noted that she did have a split in the skirt of that dress as it was not really evident due to the fullness of the skirt.
  • zj9225 2012/02/29 17:07:30
    Mean
    zj9225
    +1
    This is neither funny nor mean. Its just annoying. How bored do people have tom be to copy her leg to random things.
  • Quazar 2012/02/29 17:05:26
    Funny
    Quazar
    +1
    I watched her pose and I think she did it to be funny. I bet one of her kids asked her to pose and she did.
  • Ralfy Boye 2012/02/29 17:00:25
    Mean
    Ralfy Boye
    +1
    "Unnecessary roughness" Fifteen yards and loss of down.
  • JOMO 2012/02/29 16:54:30
    Funny
    JOMO
    +2
    I would have rather voted neither, but as you know that was not an option to choose from. Frankly I think it is stupid, this is just another episode of a woman taking advantage of an opportunity to exploit her own femininity.

It has gotten so bad that you can not even look at the news on CNN or Fox without seeing the women reporters with short dresses / skirts on and their legs jacked up in a suggested manor, or with low cut blouses on revealing all but their nipples.

Besides the obvious, this is very inappropriate behavior where women are concern, on one hand women are screaming foul claiming women are being exploited because they are females, and on the other hand, they take advantage of every opportunity to do it themselves, and as you can see where Angelina Jolie is concern, she actually created an opportunity.

If men were to expose the parts of there bodies that is a suggested as the parts that women are exposing they would be arrested for indecent exposure, or at very least ridiculed. For the record, I am a straight heterosexual man and love the pleasures of a woman as much as any man, but at the same time stupid is stupid, and this is stupid behavior. I have said many times and I will continue to say America's society is going to continue to have an eroding culture unless the playing field is leveled where the sexes are concern. JOMO
  • Jackie 2012/02/29 16:53:55
    Funny
    Jackie
    +2
    If she didn't intend for it to be funny, she shouldn't, and wouldn't, have done it.
  • VICKY_SIMON1 2012/02/29 16:50:25
  • Margaret Jacobson 2012/02/29 16:48:53
    Funny
    Margaret Jacobson
    +2
    weird...kind of weird funny........I never understood all the fuss about her and her sig other? whatever they do makes news..........maybe when everybody tires of them, will they "drop" the children?? I mean ignore them? OH WELL....enough said
  • Tennessee3501 2012/02/29 16:45:58
    Funny
    Tennessee3501
    +1
    Angelina is hot! However, if it is OK with Brad that she flash her legs, why should the Hollywood elite have any objection? It helps sell movies! Next year Sandra Bullock and Melissa Leo should show us some leg along with Anglina!
  • John Tenness... 2012/02/29 18:26:40
    John
    +1
    Yes, absolutely, Angelina is hot. And she's a sharp cookie too. She knew that showing a little thigh would provoke diverse sets of reactions amongst the males and the females in the crowd, and while "they" talk about you, for better or for worse, in showbiz that's a good thing. Angelina has got to be one of the most beautiful women out there. I love to gaze in appreciation.
  • Tenness... John 2012/03/01 02:26:40
    Tennessee3501
    If I can have Sandra Bullock, you can have Angelina!
  • bakermom 2012/02/29 16:45:29
    Funny
    bakermom
    +1
    Absolutely Hysterical!!!!
  • BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/02/29 16:44:59
    Mean
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +1
    LOOKS TO ME IF HE'S G CATTY AND WISHING HE HAD SUCH A BEAUTIFUL LEG TO SHOW!
  • rosebud BIG BAD... 2012/02/29 17:22:17
    rosebud
    Do guys really get catty? Thought that behavior belonged exclusively to women. Guess I learned somethinng new today.
  • Pinball Wizard 2012/02/29 16:42:23
    Mean
    Pinball Wizard
    +1
    And dorky.
  • Dave0626 2012/02/29 16:35:27
  • twjones1966 2012/02/29 16:32:28
    Funny
    twjones1966
    +3
    Hey, She started it.
  • SodaBrain 2012/02/29 16:31:31
    Funny
    SodaBrain
    +3
    Doesn't quite meet the definition of mean IMHO... LOL!
    Not related, but important news for upcoming days/weeks. Please excuse interruption
    Spread the Word:
    Dark people are being and about to be arrested for crimes against Mankind. Fear is unwarranted: these herald Great and Beneficial Changes. The Galactic Federation is about to Contact Us (and eventually Land) and usher in Prosperity, Abundance, and Health. Technology will be introduced and it will Completely Upgrade Our Society Permanently. Wars will never be permitted on Earth again.
    Love and Light,
  • rosebud SodaBrain 2012/02/29 17:24:29
    rosebud
    Dark people? Could you please expand here and give us your "dark people" definition?
  • SodaBrain rosebud 2012/02/29 17:43:37
    SodaBrain
    Those who intend to do harm.

Benevolent UFO's that aren't our military and aren't big-headed skinny "greys" have been monitoring our planet for thousands of years. Upon our collective request (consciousness of humanity, e.g., begging for peace, justice, etc.) they have a plan that is not only in place, but about to be implemented, but there is a need to get the word out so they will be welcomed and not feared (fear works against ALL of humanities desires for a better world, both individually and collectively - that is why wars are promoted, yes promoted by the dark. The dark had a role to play, but have gotten used to power and didn't want to say 'uncle', so they are to be removed. Financial turmoil will be temporary, stay calm, introduce these ideas, but don't argue, just be peaceful and introduce this and you will be doing a service for Mankind. Any discord is counterproductive, so walk away from it. Read this using the "light" in your heart to check its truthfulness (all readers - beloveds - please take heed). Be joyful, for this is the positive outcome foretold (with lots of lies in between!). Be calm, calm others as this unfolds.
    Go to youtube. "Galactic Federation of Light". Start with videos from Nov '11. Also, feel free to re-post what I've stated... It is important that our lovely people of planet Earth get used to these ideas.... Many thanks!
  • rosebud SodaBrain 2012/03/06 15:13:48
    rosebud
    Since 1947 aliens have walked among us. You do not recognize them due to lack of insight, and I do not mean those who come across borders as is done by both Canadians and Mexicans. They look like humans, grow up as humans, but are not humans. They do give light that is often rejected by those they come into contact with. AND more and more of them are entering our world daily as brand new babies.
  • SodaBrain rosebud 2012/03/06 18:57:07
    SodaBrain
    I wouldn't be surprised to find what you are saying is true, I've heard that take myself. I'm glad you won't be shocked... Or at least the shock will be less. I think I'll be shocked to an extent myself... but we'll get over it... LOL. There are so many truths we will be learning about... It is going to be so fascinating! high five
  • rosebud SodaBrain 2012/03/13 14:15:31
    rosebud
    +1
    Have you ever looked at the statistics of how many children who lately are born not only earlier (by as much 6 weeks) and some what smaller (less than 5 pounds) but entirely healthy and without need of any medical assistance (including oxygen) and are sent home right away as though they weighed in at over 8 pounds? If any of your friends have these children, watch them as they grow up to see what there is to see about our world and how it is changing.
  • SodaBrain rosebud 2012/03/13 15:15:28
    SodaBrain
    Wow... That is fascinating! These children our "born ready" aren't they... and wasting no time at that! LOL

Golly, this is going to be one ride! Just think... We're all Great Friends with this false sense of separation that will soon dissolve... It is so fabulous how we learn so much from each other and the Harmony keeps building.... peace and harmony
  • Jan Haskell 2012/02/29 16:23:46
    Funny
    Jan Haskell
    +3
    She had to know this would bring on the laughs! I'm sure she can take it.
  • nvartist 2012/02/29 16:20:00
    Funny
    nvartist
    +4
    It's funny because she thinks way too highly of herself and that was just plain dumb when she did that. It looked totally stupid. She actually believes she can seduce the entire room. Instead, it was stupid and I laughed my head off when those guys did that.
  • ♥Gabs1697♥ 2012/02/29 16:17:15
    Funny
    ♥Gabs1697♥
    +2
    I'm all about DOUBLE JOLIE-ING!
  • copperhead 2012/02/29 16:08:27
    Funny
    copperhead
  • jason 2012/02/29 16:06:54
    Funny
    jason
    +3
    Shes a dumb broad so its funny to see her rediculous behavior mocked.
  • Lerro DeHazel 2012/02/29 16:06:41
    Mean
    Lerro DeHazel
    +2
    Actually it's not mean; it's just stupid. Too many men want to get in her panties . . . What kind of joke is that? . . .
  • MikeReale 2012/02/29 15:56:00
    Mean
    MikeReale
    +2
    not really either one:l
  • cin 2012/02/29 15:55:26
    Mean
    cin
    +3
    I dnt understand the hype
  • Bill Rind 2012/02/29 15:54:35
    Mean
    Bill Rind
    +2
    Who really cares about this jerk Jolin, if she had any sense like her DAd Johh, she would be a nice person. she is a fraud. liar, deceitful and all those nice things thake label liberal do gooders with other peoples money.
  • Salonje 2012/02/29 15:51:56
    Funny
    Salonje
    +2
    I think it is super funny. I really wish she would have worn another dress because this dress did nothing but make her look very pale...like she is dead or something. Poor thing. I am shocked that yahoo rated her dress an A+...maybe the look of "death" is in?
  • l 2012/02/29 15:49:13
    Funny
    l
    +3
    Angelina has a good sence of humor herself! :)
  • raynclowds 2012/02/29 15:46:15
    Funny
    raynclowds
    +3
    I thought it was funny and meant to be funny~ She is a beautiful lady, with a banana shaped type body. She was never curvy in the first place. She probably had the last laugh with all brouhaha about her pose.
  • Teresa2 2012/02/29 15:44:29
    Funny
    Teresa2
    +3
    She had to do something to get noticed. Like her big over pumped collegen lips aren't enough? She is a washed up baby factory actress who is sooooooooo desperate for attention. Go back to the bush with your kids. She and Brad,or one of them,with or without their tribe,is in every People magazine. I think they own the magazine by now. Just another rich person who wants more and more.
  • politicalsoldier 2012/02/29 15:38:56
    Funny
    politicalsoldier
    +4
    Just a good natured ribbing.
  • southofcloud9 2012/02/29 15:36:37
    Mean
    southofcloud9
    +2
    I once met her and she was so nice and gracious, so I opted for mean! Typically, she dresses simple and understated; especially since most of the time we see her in impoverished countries with very simple clothes. On this night, I think she felt glamorous in her femme fatale dress, and she wanted to showcase the side slit. I think she too was laughing at herself. However, the whole world going bonkers over this is just really mean.
  • lorraine 2012/02/29 15:34:23
    Mean
    lorraine
    +2
    I feel she is a great actress & this was mean! Yes she does have a health issue as Demi Moore does too! Need I say more?

2014/12/19 17:54:45