A short horror story.

Midnite12 2012/02/27 00:40:33
Gee, thanks. Now I won't be able to sleep!
Spooky!
Wasn't even scared!
Lame!
What could be a better thing to do on a Sunday night than reading a nice, short horror story? Don't answer that!

The Shadow Being

2006. Leavenworth, Kansas.
When I was fourteen, my mother and father were divorced, and I went to live with my mother and a man she supposedly fell in love with several years ago. We searched for a house for all three of us to live in, and eventually found the perfect house. A few months later, after finding out that my dad had Cancer, my mom went, engaged to this man living with us, to the very hospital and stayED with my father for about a week, leaving me to tend to myself as I remained in the basement, wasting my time on the computer. It was late, around midnight if I recall correctly, and the man living with us went off to bed, turning off every light in the house, except for the computer room in the basement. During this time we had one dog and one cat. I can't remember exactly where the dog was, but the cat was downstairs with me, doing what cats do, I guess. While typing away on the computer, it occurred to me, after several minutes had passed, my cat had been staring at the door, which was left wide open, for a long time. Her ears appeared to be pinned against the back of her head and I finally noticed her faint growling. Thinking that it was the dog, I turned around and called for her, only then to notice something that took me completely by surprise. The door that leads up to the second floor was left wide open. Infront of it, taking the size of a three or four year old, was this ominous being, made of shadow. As chills ran down my spine and fear completely took over my body, I watched this unearthly 'thing' with what little time I had, I absorbed any features possible, noting that it had small, beady eyes that were yellow, and this 'thing' had black tendrils on top of it's head, and on the sides of it's body, which didn't exactly have a 'shape'. Whatever this thing was, it reacted quickly and hid by leaping over to the stairs, making it partially visable to my view. Then, I noticed that it leaned over and peeked through the wall that hid it, quickly pulling away as it knew I was still watching. To this very day I don't know how, but I managed to muster up enough courage and quickly ran to the computer room's door, slamming and locking it. An hour later, I ran through the whole house, turning on every light possible, except for my mom's bedroom, and I went to bed with the light on. I didn't bother looking for the dog, and I never told the man about this strange occurrence. I just went into my room and crawled into bed. Jesus Christ. I don't know how I fell asleep. But I did.
Seriously, whatever the Hell that thing was, it was watching me. I didn't think that I'd get ever get over it. But I guess I calmed down after a while… A week later, after staying the night at my brothers house, I was bored and decided to look this thing up. Oddly enough, what I saw that night matched the description of what most people call a 'Shadow Being'. That scared the living Hell out of me, and I knew, without a doubt, that it was not my imagination that created this thing. Ever since, I hated that house. That perfect house was no longer my home. I'm honestly surprised that I still stayed in that house, unfortunately, I didn't have much of a choice. But I never saw the Shadow Being again. Never. Still, I was afraid. Thankfully three months after, mom and I moved back in with my dad and the man living with us eventually moved away, and our so called dream home was up for sale. Probably still is. Everything's fine now, but I still have nightmares of the Shadow Being from time to time. Sometimes, it feels like it's watching me whenever I'm alone. I was never really afraid of the dark until then. Now, I hate looking into the darkness.
The darkness could be looking back at me.
Link below.
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/random-stories

• Midnite12 2012/02/27 01:12:12
    Spooky!
    Midnite12
    +1
    Let me say that this story, nor any more that I'll continue to post, are mine. I might occasionally put up one of mine own, but is unlikely.;)
  • Midnite12 Midnite12 2012/02/27 01:21:53
    Midnite12
    Aren't mine. They are not. Damn typos!
  • Carambola 2012/02/27 00:48:36
    Wasn't even scared!
    Carambola
    +1
    Do you have anything else?
    I really want a scary one now! :3
  • Midnite12 Carambola 2012/02/27 01:00:42 (edited)
    Midnite12
    +1
    Ok.
    The Echo in the Void

It's there - just at the veil of sleep. That dull sensation of falling or spinning just before you fall to sleep. The next time you go to bed, try to hold yourself there. Just as you drift off, hold onto that feeling. Hold on, and listen. Listen close, for you cannot hold onto that edge of sleep for long. There, in the space before sleep, is a sound: a gentle hum, a distant echo; like a sigh in a brick building. Listen well, and remember that sound. That is the sound of your last breath.

Go to the link for more.
  • Carambola Midnite12 2012/02/27 01:02:27
    Carambola
    +1
    Omg I love that one :o
    Do you have more?
  • Midnite12 Carambola 2012/02/27 01:09:06
    Midnite12
    +1
    Lots. All the stories are in the link at the end, below the eyes. Here's one more.

The Bad Dream

"Daddy, I had a bad dream." You blink your eyes and pull up on your elbows. Your clock glows red in the darkness—it's 3:23. "Do you want to climb into bed and tell me about it?" "No, Daddy." The oddness of the situation wakes you up more fully. You can barely make out your daughter's pale form in the darkness of your room. "Why not sweetie?" "Because in my dream, when I told you about the dream, the thing wearing Mommy's skin sat up." For a moment, you feel paralyzed; you can't take your eyes off of your daughter. The covers behind you begin to shift.

Now I have to go back to the link to find more for tomorrow. Gawd damn!
  • Carambola Midnite12 2012/02/27 01:12:06
    Carambola
    +1
    WAITT!!
  • Carambola Midnite12 2012/02/27 01:12:21
    Carambola
    +1
    I didn't get the meaning of the end!! >_<
  • Midnite12 Carambola 2012/02/27 01:15:07
    Midnite12
    +1
    Basically, the girl had a nightmare, went to talk to her dad about it, and a thing... her nightmare came true! That's all I can think of it!
  • Carambola Midnite12 2012/02/27 01:18:12
    Carambola
    +1
    OMG!! NOW I'M SCARED >.<
  • Midnite12 Carambola 2012/02/27 01:20:12
    Midnite12
    +1
    Wait for tomorrow for another.=)
  • Carambola Midnite12 2012/02/27 01:23:22
    Carambola
    +1
    I will do that, thank you!
  • Midnite12 Carambola 2012/02/27 20:20:21
    Midnite12
    +1
    Thought you'd want to know, I just put up another horror story. The easiest way to get to it would be to go to my page and go to 'asked', if my other questions aren't shown on this question.
  • Carambola Midnite12 2012/02/27 21:26:02
    Carambola
    I'll do that! :D

2014/07/31 05:38:24