You should never argue with idiots because they will just drag you down to their level....then beat you with experience ! True or False ?

grizzly 2008/11/27 01:55:26

• ordinary average guy 2008/11/27 02:51:35
    true
    ordinary average guy
    +4
    Of course you have to realize that for every person you believe is an idiot there is probably another person who believes it is you.

• mae.sealongo 2012/11/22 04:43:24
    true
    mae.sealongo
    true because if we are professional with dignity you should not argue because no matter what explanation your going to tel or answer to an idiot person he/she will not understand because his/her i.q is not that high as yours and your not at the same level..
  • CopyrightAllInformation Ima... 2009/01/12 01:30:10 (edited)
    CopyrightAllInformation Images on this non-active account
    True and False. Depends on how one wants to define idiot. In my view, an idiot is someone unwilling to accept any facts because of the genetic source, meaning they dismiss anything, from someone who is of a certain persuasion. To them, all the facts in the world will be wrong, from that source, because they themselves, cannot see beyond the black and white, of their own world view. Their communication skills are lacking and it's pretty much a waste of time, once this is clear ie; if they name-call, rude postings/ridicule or tif they bring in the circle jerk group-others to harass you.
  • let's vote already 2008/11/28 01:46:08
    false
    let's vote already
    +1
    No way! Using independent thought is like kryptonite to idiots, it's your only defense!
  • nina let's v... 2008/12/04 04:49:37
    nina
    +1
    WELL IT DIDN'T WORK FOR MCCAIN
  • let's v... nina 2008/12/04 15:35:46
    let's vote already
    +1
    Awww, another disgruntled voter. Don't worry, you get another chance in 4 years.
  • nina let's v... 2009/01/12 03:00:05
    nina
    +1
    i voted obama, mostly because i am not an idiot, the other part is that the republican party thinks enough people in this country are and i don't like people who take advantage of other people just because they are stupid.
  • J.Switchblade*Mrs.Punk Zombie* 2008/11/27 18:17:30
    true
    J.Switchblade*Mrs.Punk Zombie*
    +1
    racemonkey has a valid point: "Of course you have to realize that for every person you believe is an idiot there is probably another person who believes it is you." Well said.
  • nina J.Switc... 2009/01/12 03:00:51
    nina
    +1
    and that idiots often think another idiot is smart, because they think alike.
  • strawberry 2008/11/27 07:01:02
    strawberry
    +2
    It depends on who you think of as an idiot. Sometimes people who are very intelligent and have experience to share, are not always welcome by those with less education or experience. There are many people with good common sense, but when they share advice people reject it. To me idiots are people who are not willing to learn and listen to other points of view. Everyone has something to share.
  • GetOverIt 2008/11/27 04:11:31 (edited)
    true
    GetOverIt
    +1
    Either way you come out the "loser." If you ignore them they usually won't just go away and then they think they were right because you ignored them. If you don't ignore them, you are heading into a waste of energy and time. If you stoop to their level, they only see what you do or what is wrong with you. Then you usually don't feel all that great about stooping to their level.

Wise old saying I heard: When you find a fool (idiot), leave them that way.
  • strawberry GetOverIt 2008/11/27 07:06:01
    strawberry
    +1
    What if they are right, have the facts, education, and have personal experience of what they are telling you GetOverIt? What if someone felt you were the idiot?
  • GetOverIt strawberry 2008/11/27 14:15:29 (edited)
    GetOverIt
    +2
    It is in HOW they present themselves. When they stoop to name calling, insulting or degrading because they do not agree with something someone says, then that shows through as an idiot. Their message is missed. When you say what if they are right, have the facts, education and personal experience.....most of what I see is OPINIONS or how they perceive what "facts" they have. It is clouded by the name calling, hate and insults. Some of people's facts come from unreliable bogus sources. Many teachers will tell students NOT to get informatin for their reports off the internet because anyone can post something on the internet. I see a lot of links to ridiculous web sites that shouldn't account for factual information.

What if someone felt you were the idiot? I have run across you in other polls and have seen the people you comment back and forth with and your style of posting. I have seen other people come in to a board with a totally different opinion or viewpoint and express themselves well without fighting or name calling. I know where you are going with this and I'm sorry, I know what your next step is after this....but if you are referring to what I have seen so far, I have to say most of those people are going on opinions and feelings and the media they chose to believe. I have...""

What if someone felt you were the idiot? I have run across you in other polls and have seen the people you comment back and forth with and your style of posting. I have seen other people come in to a board with a totally different opinion or viewpoint and express themselves well without fighting or name calling. I know where you are going with this and I'm sorry, I know what your next step is after this....but if you are referring to what I have seen so far, I have to say most of those people are going on opinions and feelings and the media they chose to believe. I have seen cut and dubbed youtubes and other stuff that people have fallen for. There are other sources of information to the opposing view and the person they chose to fight with has obtained other information elsewhere. So, there you have it......how the whole idiot thing is perceived. I have already come to the conclusion that republicans and liberals will be enemies and I can see why and I am fine with that. I am sure that is where you are going with this. Now, if you read further down, you will see my reply to your thought of someone else feeling "you were the idiot."
  • strawberry GetOverIt 2008/11/29 03:14:05
    strawberry
    I agree with you about the name calling and insults GetOver It. There are people who do know the facts also, not just opinions. My facts are not from the internet usually. My facts come from being there, in different countries and places. People who argue against someone who has seen what they know nothing about, have never been anywhere or have any formal education are just striking back without knowledge. I always respect other opinions but not when they declare a fact that is not a fact. I have learned by listening to others throughout my life. Some on sodahead just want to argue or are very racist which works in many directions. I have voted Republican, Independent and Democrat. I look at who a person is.
  • GetOverIt strawberry 2008/12/01 04:43:28 (edited)
    GetOverIt
    Me too. I get turned off by degrading comments and I don't get any message from them. I do read comments that state how someone feels or what they experience. A lot of what is posted is how a person feels, what they believe, how they percieve things. A lot of what I post is how I feel about something. It doesn't mean it is right, just how I feel. There are others who want to post against those posts and degrade people calling them stupid because they think what they FEEL is right. It's just opinions and feelings in most cases. Sometimes, I get another perspective that I can relate to. Sometimes I don't feel that what they think is any better so I don't change my thought. If someone is insulting, I pretty much blow them off all together and won't see eye to eye with them at all. So, they aren't getting any point across except that they are the idiot.

As far as politics. I have a lot of hope for the change we are about to experience. I believe that no matter who won that person has a big long hard battle ahead of them. I felt (and so did many other Americans) that we needed to get away from the present administration which is what hurt McCain. I really feel that it is up to a politician to prove himself and not up to me. Only time will tell. I hope that the people that are against hi...''

As far as politics. I have a lot of hope for the change we are about to experience. I believe that no matter who won that person has a big long hard battle ahead of them. I felt (and so did many other Americans) that we needed to get away from the present administration which is what hurt McCain. I really feel that it is up to a politician to prove himself and not up to me. Only time will tell. I hope that the people that are against him are wrong because we can't afford a bigger mess. We are in so much trouble, that I am concerned we won't get out of it any time soon. Hospitals are laying off and establishing hiring freezes. It is very bad.

Only time will tell. We need to just move forward and hope the new administration can fix things. If not, he will hear about it and people will complain.
  • Janice 2008/11/27 04:02:45
  • grizzly Janice 2008/11/27 06:25:26
    grizzly
    who ?
  • Janice grizzly 2008/11/27 06:47:35
  • grizzly Janice 2008/11/27 06:57:21
    grizzly
    Lynn who ? lol...forget it...
  • King Gnome 2008/11/27 03:25:23
    true
    King Gnome
    +1
    Very true
    true
    ordinary average guy
    +4
  • GetOverIt ordinar... 2008/11/27 04:09:15
    GetOverIt
    +1
    at least (?)
  • strawberry ordinar... 2008/11/27 07:07:33
    strawberry
    +2
    That is so true racemonkey. It works both ways.
  • perks-a real PATRIOT 2008/11/27 02:17:57
    true
    perks-a real PATRIOT
    +2
    True because the same as it takes a thief to catch a thief, it takes an idiot to beat an idiot.
  • Angel 2008/11/27 02:08:07
  • perks-a... Angel 2008/11/27 02:16:17
    perks-a real PATRIOT
    +1
    That's great Angel.
  • Angel perks-a... 2008/11/27 02:27:05
    Angel
    +1
    hehe TY
  • nina 2008/11/27 02:02:05
    true
    nina
    +3
    OMG I fell in love with this saying, it is so true! got trapped in one of these today, it’s endless!
  • Its Ms.MiMi,b!tch 2008/11/27 01:59:43
    Its Ms.MiMi,b!tch
    +2
    undecided

what!?
  • Bring it ~STS~Freewill Dirt... 2008/11/27 01:59:10
    true
    Bring it ~STS~Freewill Dirty Pheonix
    +2
    I'll go with a true with this one! lol
  • DrTim 2008/11/27 01:57:28
    true
    DrTim
    +3
    There is nothing worse than an experienced idiot!!
  • strawberry DrTim 2008/11/27 07:11:47
    strawberry
    +1
    If someone is experienced DrTim, why would they be an idiot? Are some people jellous of intelligent people or does it show low self esteem in a person who does not listen to another point of view. It is true there are those impossible to talk to.

2014/10/23 10:27:37