WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT...PLEASE TAKE A LOOK, A VERY WONDERFUL CAUSE...GOT A MINUTE?

TexanInHawaii 2009/04/19 12:05:15
I think...
I think...
I received this via email from my daughter (SFC USMC) and thought it was worth sharing. Please take a moment to view (well worth it), and pass along. Let's keep this going. WOUNDEDWARRIORPROJECT.ORG THANKS!

• fluer 2009/04/19 12:17:15 (edited)
    I think...
    fluer
    +7
    I think we OWE these brave young men and women for putting it all on the line for our safety!!! Thank you for posting this!!!!! owe brave young women line safety posting

• 2EdgedSword 2009/04/21 06:39:18 (edited)
    I think...
    2EdgedSword
    +1
    Most that come home, body in tact or not, wish they could have left it all over there. Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome is very severe. Many wind up homeless, broken hearts, nightmares, NBC injured.

When I go to the VA hospital, some of the women vets have office jobs. Walk in the office - it startles them and there hands and face shake; eyes full of fear.

Here in WV we have "Bush Vets". They live up in the mountains and don't come out. They want nothing to do with civilization. One camp his heavily fortified: razor wire, watch tower, 50Cal, we bring up ammo, food, set it outside gate and leave. Rarely let someone in. Let you in one time, next time point guns at you.

I'm proud of them and respect their rejection of society. I reject it too, but too old to go up and stay. I'm not in the mess that they are. Please pray for them and other Bush Vets throughout world.

I worked underground with elder Polish man that was in G2 in WWII. After intel officer finished with prisoner he and another soldier had to take him to pit and kill. While crying he said, "When I was young and gung-ho, I was OK about it, but the older I get, the harder it gets - I can see all their faces."

Blessings
    2EdgedSword
  • No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2009/04/20 16:02:06
    I think...
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +4
    As wonderful as the volunteer programs are for supporting the veterans, we also need to make sure our government does what is needed for the wounded warrior. It is a big need, and we must urge our congress and this administration to pass legislation which fully funds the VA to care for those returning with damaged minds and either homeless or unemployed. Write your congressman to let them know that this is imperative if we don't want to lose another generation to the savageness of war, as we did after Vietnam homeless unemployed write congressman imperative lose generation savageness war vietnam
  • 2EdgedS... No nons... 2009/04/21 06:44:44
    2EdgedSword
    +1
    VA is trying to screw me over on service connected disability. They are changing my status from Sevice Connected to Not Service Connected, and Agen Orange Exposed to Not Agen Orange Exposed. Thanks OB. I will have to get a lawyer now. VA check $123/month. Not much hope for a lawyer on that budget :)))
  • No nons... 2EdgedS... 2009/04/21 14:48:24
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    It has only been of late that they even consider exposure to Agent Orange a possible disability. I wish you good luck in your quest. The cost of service connected disabilities is great, and we haven't begun to see the cost of this most recent war in human misery and cost to our treasury.
  • Diane T 2009/04/20 15:58:40
    I think...
    Diane T
    +4
    RAVES to you all.
    Our military is the finest in the world. When we go to the VA hospital I make a point of saying thank you to every veteran I can
    raves military finest world va hospital veteran
  • keeper 2009/04/20 14:41:37
    I think...
    keeper
    +5
    Our armed service personnel are the finest in the world. Kudos for all of them!!
  • TexanIn... keeper 2009/04/20 15:32:37
    TexanInHawaii
    +3
    Yes, they are!
  • 2EdgedS... keeper 2009/04/21 06:41:13
    2EdgedSword
    +3
    Yes, and they have to defend most of it.
  • darkmagician66699 2009/04/20 14:14:23
  • TexanIn... darkmag... 2009/04/20 15:33:19
    TexanInHawaii
    +3
    You are more than welcome...(made me cry too!)
  • 2EdgedS... TexanIn... 2009/04/21 06:47:29
    2EdgedSword
    +2
    I have shed tears more than once hearing horror stories and watching soldier cry when telling me. I really feel sorry for the women also. Too much for any woman or man.
  • Dan 2009/04/20 13:43:44 (edited)
    I think...
    Dan
    +5
    You are a true American. Great job raising a patriot who grew up to serve our nation as a Gunny in the Marines. My dad served in the Marines in WWII. My brother and I both served in the Army.
    All of our military members and veterans deserve the very best from our misguided government (who'd rather give welfare to illegal immigrants, health care to millions who refuse to work, and bestow legal rights on foreign terrorists).
    At a time when the Obama administration is talking about cutting back the annual military budget while he abuses taxpayer revenues to sustain his Democrat's political power, these damned bureaucrats need to think about where their unearned freedom comes from (God and the U.S. military).
  • TexanIn... Dan 2009/04/20 14:21:50
    TexanInHawaii
    +4
    Thanks, Dan, I could not remember the name for SFC in Marines...she and hubby are the only ones in the family and it never really comes up, all I ever remember is E7!! lol I too served as did my husband, brother, father and etc for many generations back prior to Rev War! Sometimes it sounds like LT Dan from Forrest Gump, except, none died! LOL I and hubby came in at the round up of Nam and Dad was Occupation Germany. It is with great PRIDE that I loan my kids to this country that their family LITERALLY fought to protect. I have 5 in service, with 7 tours of Mid East between them with one on his way for 1st tour. Yes, I am proud.
    Thanks to you for your service. It takes a special person to do that.
    I totally agree with you on vets deserving better, but hey, the Nam protesters now run this country. What they cannot and will not get thru there head is that this is NOT Nam, this is an ALL VOLUNTEER military, nobody is there against their will!!
    Mark my words, the current admin will one day boast of how they "balanced the budget", again by cutting defense and intelligence....shades of Clinton! They'll never learn.
  • Queen Bee 2009/04/20 12:19:15 (edited)
    I think...
    Queen Bee
    +3
    This is a wonderful organization. I participated in a Memorial Day Weekend fund-raiser to bring awareness and raise money for them a couple years ago. Part of the 3 days trip was a stop at Walter Reed Hospital. I can even begin to tell you what that did for me.

organization participated memorial weekend fund-raiser awareness raise money couple years
  • TexanIn... Queen Bee 2009/04/20 14:25:14
    TexanInHawaii
    +1
    Thanks for the support, QB!!
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Kellie Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 2009/04/20 11:43:05 (edited)
    I think...
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Kellie Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    +3
    We all owe a huge debt of gratitude to not only the military personnel who are at war now but an even bigger one to all of the fallen soldiers and their families. Here is a website I like to use, they collect items the soldiers need such as personal products, cards, letters, and such. They also need tampons for bullet wounds and silly string for spotting trip wires...the ingenuity of our service men/women never ceases to amaze me. http://www.give2thetroops.org/

spotting wires ingenuity service menwomen ceases amaze httpwww give2thetroops org
  • TexanIn... Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄... 2009/04/20 14:26:05
    TexanInHawaii
    +1
    Thanks, Kellie, good info!
  • Tsisquaya 2009/04/20 10:10:43
    I think...
    Tsisquaya
    +5
    our soldiers deserve the utmost respect and admiration for what they do!!!!
    We always send care packages to our friends and those in my husband's unit...if everyone sent one package then each soldier would receive something.
  • TexanIn... Tsisquaya 2009/04/20 14:26:38
    TexanInHawaii
    +2
    That's true, T...keep up the good work!!
  • Maddie 2009/04/19 17:05:48
    I think...
    Maddie
    +2
    I think this is a good deal. We owe these young men and women alot more. I know this because I have a son that has been to Iraq twice and is going back. Thank God nothing has happened to him but he has takin care of many that things have happened to. I pick a person from any marine.com once a month and send over a care package. Where I work we send out 1000 packages at christmas time also. I know it's not much but every little thing helps.
  • TexanIn... Maddie 2009/04/19 17:10:36
    TexanInHawaii
    +2
    Thanks for the support, Maddie!
  • ElectricLadybug*SH07* 2009/04/19 15:37:28
    I think...
    ElectricLadybug*SH07*
    +3
    you know our troops are my weakness!! i will pass anything positive along to show them love and support, any day and everyday!
  • MADMAC 2009/04/19 15:21:41
    I think...
    MADMAC
    +3
    I was aware of the web site but never heard the song. Fantastic! Not too much brings a tear to my eye but that song sure does. Thanks for posting it in honor of our brave Veterans in need.

I have been blessed to have my son just return home from Afghanistan. I know he is going back, I pray it is over soon for everyone’s sake.

“Keep the Faith” Respectfully, MADMAC

son return home afghanistan pray everyones sake faith respectfully madmac
  • TexanIn... MADMAC 2009/04/19 17:09:35
    TexanInHawaii
    +2
    Thanks, MM!! And thank you for "loaning" your child to our country's service. Altogether (between 5 kids), I have 7 tours invested in that part of the world, so I feel you....and I love the pic you posted, one of my faves!
  • MADMAC TexanIn... 2009/04/19 22:30:14
    MADMAC
    +2
    Coming from you having 7 tours invested I take your thanks for the loan as a true and heartfelt gesture. I also thank you and am only beginning to feel your heavy heart. I also have 5 children. Three military, one on the way in the fall. My oldest did six years at a desk and did not re-enlist. My second, my only daughter is at the end of her second four-year term as a NSA linguist and may not re-enlist. She does not like her CiC too well. My third child in that I wrote of is Special Forces TACP 2 years into six and is definitely going back. My next son is going for the Special Forces TACP also. How many loans do the wife and I have to make! LOL. My fifth (a son 16) says he may not go in because he sees the stress it puts on his mother and I. We did not realize it was so evident. We will se what the future brings. Gods will I am sure. Sorry for rambling on your post but its nice to ramble to someone that knows first hand my pride and concern. Thanks!

“Keep The Faith” Respectfully, MADMAC
  • TexanIn... MADMAC 2009/04/20 14:31:42
    TexanInHawaii
    +1
    Hey, ramble away, MM, I feel we've earned it! See mine above! Anybody has a problem with it can go to another poll!! It is indeed stressful, and I didn't realize it either until one granddau told me "it'll be ok, Nana, Daddy is smart and brave"...that is what kills me, the stress the little one see and feel themselves. Hang in there, they have good training and are very smart. We have a definitely different military than this country has ever seen in history.
  • hmjtrj-searching for truth 2009/04/19 14:55:48
    I think...
    hmjtrj-searching for truth
    +2
    Been aware of this for a long time. I go there often.
  • TexanIn... hmjtrj-... 2009/04/19 15:05:56
    TexanInHawaii
    +2
    Thanks, me too...but, loved the music, and thought I'd share the song.
  • Saintsfan 2009/04/19 13:53:42
    I think...
    Saintsfan
    +5
    I'll pass it along. Thanks for sharing TIH! God Bless you and all the warriors that have fought the fight.
  • TexanIn... Saintsfan 2009/04/19 13:56:42
    TexanInHawaii
    +2
    Thanks, Saint!! Just hit the share button above!!
  • Abitadude 2009/04/19 13:40:04
    I think...
    Abitadude
    +3
    Our brave young men and women deserve way more than just a project! It is because of them that we can sit here and enjoy freedom of Speech and so many others! My hat is off to them!
  • TexanIn... Abitadude 2009/04/19 13:53:25
    TexanInHawaii
    +2
    Abitadude, you are so right!
  • nltsierra 2009/04/19 13:37:43
    I think...
    nltsierra
    +5
    that we owe these brave men and women honor and gratitude every day. =)
  • TexanIn... nltsierra 2009/04/19 13:52:50
    TexanInHawaii
    +3
    Absolutely!!
  • Southern Man 2009/04/19 13:30:43
    I think...
    Southern Man
    +4
    We can not do enought for these brave Men and women it's not easy to recover from the loss of a limb or limbs but it can be done .......... i know from experience ......... great post .... Thanks T I H ............
  • TexanIn... Souther... 2009/04/19 13:52:33
    TexanInHawaii
    +2
    You're welcome, Buddy!
  • HILLBILLY 2009/04/19 12:18:57
    I think...
    HILLBILLY
    +5
    i already give.
  • TexanIn... HILLBILLY 2009/04/19 12:55:33
    TexanInHawaii
    +2
    Thanks, hillbilly!
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2009/04/19 12:18:56 (edited)
    I think...
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    +6
    I have a friend of mine on here that has participated in that due to being wounded in 03 and he is also a member, but his butt ended up quitting SH last night.

I wonder what happened?
  • TexanIn... xxxxxxx... 2009/04/19 12:55:15
    TexanInHawaii
    +4
    I don't know...

2014/10/21 10:41:40