Would You Want to Have Dinner With Obama and George Clooney?

You don't necessarily have to like George Clooney or President Obama to want to have dinner with them, but critics probably won't fork over a $35,800 donation for a shot. That's how much a single raffle ticket is going for in the "Obama, Clooney and You" sweepstakes, and there are only two tickets available. The winners will get to attend a high-profile May 10 gala at George Clooney's house. Barbra Streisand and Jeffrey Katzenberg are also expected to attend.

But it won't be left up to chance. The Wall Street Journal reports there will, of course, be background checks, and campaign officials will make sure the winners represent "an appropriate range of views, backgrounds, and interests." Unfortunately, that range excludes everyone who can't afford to spend $35,800 on a raffle. But let's assume for a second that money is no object. Would you want to have dinner with President Obama and George Clooney?

• The Patriot RP 2012 2012/04/20 23:13:39
    The Patriot RP 2012
    +25
    A lot of you star gazers don't realize it but people like George Clooney and the likes (Hollywood) are throwing you and your freedom under the bus, if you had any doubt about the unnecessary influence of Hollywood or Large Corporations have on your freedom this government this article shows it.

The President should be available to the people not because someone won a f%cking lottery on a 36,000.00 donation, can't you people see this? Or you just don't give a f^ck. To all the Hollywood types throwing your money around to influence the government, A HARDY F&CK; YOU!!!

God we need a revolution, I am sick of these political parties and their cuddling up to Hollywood and Corporations!!!

• BwaHa Anita W... 2012/04/22 18:11:36 (edited)
    BwaHa
    +1
    I'm telling my grandkids plenty about both of them now... Given that, if I had dinner with these two idiots and told my grandkids I had dinner with them after the grandkids know how I feel about these two and their types it would only serve to confuse my grandkids. My grandkids are of the age where they're forming their own opinions. I'm helping them along with those opinions.

I wouldn't want to muddy the waters with the fecal matter these two and the likes of them represent.
  • Nica24 2012/04/22 06:27:19
    Nica24
    +3
    Celebrities are way up Obama ass. I would enjoy dining with Sarah Palin!! C:
  • BwaHa Nica24 2012/04/22 18:14:46
    BwaHa
    +2
    Sarah Palin, her husband and family are invited to my backyard barbecue any day, any time.
  • Osaka 2012/04/22 05:58:28
    Osaka
    If I had wealth to spare maybe. Clooney seems cool and getting to know Obama, who wouldn't want to. He's still a person and sometimes when you're meeting them in person. You get to see who they really are.
  • BwaHa Osaka 2012/04/22 18:17:26 (edited)
    BwaHa
    Not really. They're professional liars and do it very well. Clooney is an "ACTOR" for craps sakes! He lives fantasies... lies every day... does it for a living... makes good money at lying, at living someone else's life... at fiction. I don't think Clooney knows who he really is.

Come to think of it so does obummer. obummer's just a crappy, d list actor. He makes a better puppet though.
  • Osaka BwaHa 2012/04/23 01:31:12
    Osaka
    +1
    Yes but I can learn a lot about a person face to face. Even if they are acting. People give away a lot. Although, I think he's using Clooney to make up for all the stiff photos with The Queen and the other celebrities he's taken. One thing I liked about Bush, is that is looked like he was having fun visiting with anyone he took photos with. (Check out the one of him and Stan Lee, Also The Queen. ^_^)
  • BwaHa Osaka 2012/04/23 02:33:42
    BwaHa
    +1
    I enjoyed that about Bush too. It seemed like he was genuinely just a laid back guy when he visited with those he was comfortable with. Bill Clinton was somewhat disarming in that respect too. I got a kick out both of them and how they conveyed a relaxed, genuine, fun loving side of things to the world when they interacted with folks in the many photo ops they were in. I also felt they were personable and approachable.

obummer... I get the impression he's nothing more than an aloof stuffed shirt. I get no warmth from him at all.
  • Osaka BwaHa 2012/04/23 02:57:16
    Osaka
    +1
    Don't forget the hilarious candid photos of Bush, don't know if there were any of Clinton. XD

Yeah he's a bit cold to me too, kind of one of the reasons I don't exactly trust him.
  • Cookielane 2012/04/22 05:40:48
    Cookielane
    +1
    I made a donation the other day and it wasn't any $35,800. I have a shot at it, with airfair and accommodations included.
  • Jerry (... Cookielane 2012/04/22 18:14:01
    Jerry (Iron Priest)☮ R ☮ P ☮ 201
    +1
    Wow! Amazing! O.o?
  • BwaHa Cookielane 2012/04/22 18:20:41
    BwaHa
    +1
    I heard they're serving MREs to those who paid less than the $35,800. I mean, it's a meal and you'll be able to watch the royalty feast via closed circuit t.v. while you're seated in the tents in the parking lot... afterall, what's good for our military is good for you, eh? Why would you expect more. You're not risking your life... you're feeding an ego.
  • BwaHa Cookielane 2012/04/23 02:36:44 (edited)
    BwaHa
    Alright, seriously for your sake here's hoping your name gets drawn and you have a great time.
  • Cookielane BwaHa 2012/04/23 06:14:31
    Cookielane
    +1
    Thanks.
  • TheBorg 2012/04/22 05:40:11 (edited)
    TheBorg
    +1
    I don't care for the public image of either of these two men. I didn't vote for one and I refuse to see a movie the other is in. However, as long as I didn't have to pay I would love to sit down with either of them because I have a long list of questions I would love to get their answers to. I would be very polite; I respect the fact that the majority of American's voted for one and the other has tried to raise awareness of humanitarian concerns.

I hope those of you that are on the political fence see just how hateful, mean, evil and angry Rethuglicans/Teabaggers are. Just read the anti-Obama posts.

hate
    Republican
  • Nica24 TheBorg 2012/04/22 06:30:18
    Nica24
    +5
    Hmm...stereotyping & hypocritical....that's funny.
  • gunner TheBorg 2012/04/23 03:02:54
    gunner
    +1
    I don`t hate either of the two. I am greedy and selfish, because I will not willingly buy the dinner they have with someone. I simply hate Communism. Thats a political(failed) system. Not a person. I don`t hate liberals either. But I dislike liberalism. Liberalism is the tool the Communist`s are using. I see a lot of name calling flung about aimed at individuals. I don`t do that, but I will attack Communism and their tools relentlessly. I don`t associate with political groups. Just felt compelled to share with you. Nothing personal intended.
  • TheBorg gunner 2012/04/23 04:43:11
    TheBorg
    +2
    I agree with you that Liberalism is the tool the Communist's are using but I would also argue that Conservatism is also a tool Communist's are using (bank bailouts, attack on the middle and working class, special privileges for the rich, reduction in privacy through the Patriot Act, SOPA, corporate communism/socialism, etc. Although I will admit that my definition of "Oligarchy" is the same as "Communism" because once countries turn to Communism thinking it will protect them from exploitation from the elite class, it really ends up doing the opposite and turning into a true "Oligarchy."
  • gunner TheBorg 2012/04/23 15:47:38
    gunner
    Now, I have to agree with you. Most thoughtful. Communism establishes equality in that all are equally miserable. Except for the elite rulers. They seem to live very well. Nice homes, plenty to eat, tailored suits. Travel where ever they want, when ever they want. Lots of perks for the ruling class. So, the average liberal will live in his or her hovel.shared with several families, patched clothes and bare cupboards. While those who desire freedom, and want to support themselves, will be gathered and shipped off to the Fema camps, to starve. I sometimes think those who want this stuff are the result of a successful Government education system.
  • TheBorg gunner 2012/04/24 05:31:10
    TheBorg
    +1
    I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that the progression is usually that capitalism leads to socialism which leads to Communism.

Capitalism without the rule of law allows the elite class to exploit the middle and working class while giving themselves special privileges (i.e. tax breaks, barrier to entering industries, unequal political influence, etc) not available to the lower classes. The middle and working class's get fooled into thinking that Socialism will protect them from being exploited, instill equal opportunity into the system and help maintain a level playing field.

Those who are radical Socialists (i.e. extreme left [social socialism] and extreme right [corporate socialism]) can easily find angry people to recruit. Once the pendulum has swung far enough toward Socialism, the politicians and those who bribe them can take their place as the elite ruling class with all the special privileges, therefore transforming a Socialistic society into a Communist/Oligarchy.

Both parties are becoming more and more extreme because of the bribes [financial contributions] multi-national corporations are giving to both parties in order to herd us into Socialism/Communism/Olbgarchy.

In elementary school you learn the political spectrum is a circle and those who are right can go...

In elementary school you learn the political spectrum is a circle and those who are right can go so far right as to become extreme left and vice versus.

Conservative budget hawk and Dallas Federal Reserve President Richard Fisher explains it best in a Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas release ~

• gunner TheBorg 2012/04/25 03:16:01
    gunner
    Your video lifted me up. Thank you very much. It kind of sticks in my mind that Congressman David Crocket, away back when, adressed congress on a similar fashion. Claiming that they had no right to take from one to give to another.
  • TheBorg gunner 2012/04/25 03:19:53
    TheBorg
    +1
    Neither party has that right to take from one to give to another, but they do it anyway. Glad I could lift your spirits. Hope you have a good evening.
  • Arya 2012/04/22 05:38:43
  • Asa Core Arya 2012/04/22 13:32:21
    Asa Core
    +3
    I prefer to dinnet with ONLY BLONDE-Girls! im sure....
    +4
    Neither or together.
  • retiredingeorgia 2012/04/22 05:06:42
    retiredingeorgia
    +4
    Please, not while I'm eating...

I'd rather eat here.
    obamaville
  • keith hernandez 2012/04/22 04:52:08
    keith hernandez
    +3
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
  • BwaHa keith h... 2012/04/22 18:27:12
    BwaHa
    +2
    And bring your dog along to taste the food before you eat it. Give the dog about 20 minutes after it samples the food before you dive in. Afterwards expect stomach cramps and loose stools at best.
  • Arya BwaHa 2012/04/22 19:18:25
    Arya
    +2
    Hahaha, I wouldn't do that to either of my dogs.
  • BwaHa Arya 2012/04/22 21:23:58 (edited)
    BwaHa
    +2
    Good point. I wouldn't either... use your neighbors, especially if they bark a lot.
  • Arya BwaHa 2012/04/23 03:05:50
    Arya
    +1
    I like the way you think! I've got the perfect neighbor for the job, lol.
  • gunner 2012/04/22 04:18:31
    gunner
    +4
    I prefer to dine with people who have personality, ethics, And don`t have to read or memorize their lines before speaking. I certainly would not dine with a pair of Communists.
  • BwaHa gunner 2012/04/22 21:20:33
    BwaHa
    +1
    Nor would I.
  • gunner BwaHa 2012/04/23 02:43:31
    gunner
    +2
    I have been entertained by Clooney`s movies. But they don`t reflect his left wing extremism. Obama is self evident. His political philosophy stinketh.
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/04/22 03:54:21
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +4
    Maybe there is some truth to those rumors about the sexual orientations of both men?
  • jumpboots 187th PIR 2012/04/22 03:34:07
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +3
    I don't sit down with commies.
  • Iamfree 2012/04/22 03:27:46
    Iamfree
    +3
    No thanks, I don't care for dog steaks.
  • Minarchist 2012/04/22 03:23:16
    Minarchist
    +7
    Ones an actor, the other works in hollywood
  • wildcat 2012/04/22 03:12:42
    wildcat
    I'd love to, great dinner conversation
  • alex 2012/04/22 01:51:14
    alex
    I will with clooney
  • Jeff~0109 2012/04/22 01:43:30
    Jeff~0109
    +4
    I don't like liars or a$$holes...which pretty much covers those two.

2014/09/02 04:43:04