Would You Rather Meet Someone Through Online Dating or Online Gaming?

Gaming 2012/03/27 19:00:00
If you're a gamer and looking for some love, you might want to put eHarmony on hold and pick up a copy of "World of Warcraft." According to Online University, the massively multiplayer online game has great odds. For starters, "World of Warcraft" has about 12 million subscribers while eHarmony has just one million, and 75 percent of the game's players are dating someone else who plays the game. Guys can also expect better odds of mutual attraction on "World of Warcraft."

On the other hand, online gaming has its drawbacks. In a game like "World of Warcraft," you get to know someone through their character first, and while that could quickly move to Facebook, it does make for strange beginnings. There's also the whole distance thing. Perhaps connections are less frequent on online dating sites because it's easier to determine whether you'll be a poor match. Of course, everyone has their own way of finding romance. Do you think games like "World of Warcraft" would be a better way of meeting someone special -- especially if you both are avid gamers?

• Waiting in the Wings 2012/03/27 22:21:05 (edited)
    Online gaming
    Waiting in the Wings
    +4
    I'd much rather meet someone online via gaming knowing we have something in common than the dating sites where the only thing I know for sure is that he is looking, too. There's also less pressure because we might just develop a friendship because we're only here to play the game.

• Met dekecds 2012/04/10 05:51:46 (edited)
    Met
    The marketability of an NFL player is .02%.

so i guess throwing a 97 yard spiral for 17million dollars a year isn't really a skill either by your account.

It's okay to be wrong. it's not okay to be a huge penis while proving your wrong, in a silly attempt to make yourself seem more knowledgeable on the video game industry than a perfect stranger.

Moral of the story?

Eat a biscuit, have a coke, and shut the fck up.
  • dekecds Met 2012/04/10 07:02:40
    dekecds
    ....but you being a medium penis is ok? that's kinda what was going on in your first "Au Contraire" response wasn't it? Just like to bring that back to light .... :)
  • Met dekecds 2012/04/10 13:21:30
    Met
    But i knew what i was talking about.

A matter that still seems to elude you.

Oh nice work trying to derail the conversation in a feeble attempt to get away from the point that i've pwnd you 3 times already, and made your little paragraph up there look pretty stupid indeed.

It's ok if you want to shut up now, probably best for you.
  • Met dekecds 2012/04/10 05:56:30 (edited)
    Met
    Who said i was a graphic designer? I'm left handed and can't draw for sht.

I do have a particular knack for picking people apart tho, so I sell ad space and make more than your life is worth.
  • dekecds Met 2012/04/10 06:38:06 (edited)
    dekecds
    All I did was respond in the same format that you did. Funny huh? :)
    Must have hit a nerve there. (though I'll admit, that comment about your profession was a little below the belt. I stand by it though)

he he....your not very good at picking anyone apart judging by these last posts, just sayin'....

My original point was that it's just a little sad/retarded/backwards or whatever to date inside a video game. It takes all of the real life issues out of the equation and replaces them with gratifying fictions.
    I have a little disdain for those types because they tend to live outside of reality.
    It's one thing to be a dreamer, it's a whole other issue when your "boinking a Night Elf Druid" .
    Anyhoo......my bad compadre, I read Advertising/Graphic Design and ran with it. Turns out I'm still on the right track though, and I'm definitely not buying that 100K+ and post grad stuff (well, I'll compromise and say that, sure, you may be post grad... that's pretty do-able these days by anyone. Trick is to actually finish post grad in a field that won't have wasted those years of study)

.....lol, my work here is done.... :)

P.S. C'mon fella :) admit it, you didn't look up those "numbers" until after I posted mine....you were just spoutin! It's all right....we all put the cart before the horse now and then. :)
  • Met dekecds 2012/04/10 13:18:12 (edited)
    Met
    don't know how to pick people apart?

I pissed you off enough to go research the ins and outs of the Video Game industry didn't I? An industry you apparently didn't believe existed till i came along.

I got you hating on me so bad you're unsuccessfully trying to pick my life apart, didn't I?

Don't look now, but you're interest in keeping the convo going has betrayed you.

At the negotiations table, this is when i bust you in the mouth with an obscene figure, then spend the next 25 mins watching you squirm.

I don't believe an MBA is a waste. I was good at my job before i had it, but it's paid for it's self twice over since obtaining it. It's made more money than i have, and all it does is sit on the damned wall.

And again,I gave you my references?

Funny how i can make up numbers ahead of time, then give you the website they came from...
    Even tho they were figments of my imagination, and i never looked them up, right?

it's not that big of a deal man, let it go. You were just wrong, it happens to the best of us. Not that you're the best of anything. But i'm sure your family has made peace with that.
  • dekecds Met 2012/04/10 22:21:56
    dekecds
    lol....I rest my case :)
  • Met dekecds 2012/04/16 04:46:53
    Met
    good, it's important for a loser to realize when he's run out of stupid things to say, and to retire quietly to contemplate what went wrong.

Here's a hint, next time don't launch into an article that disproves your own point, just because you let someone else's words get next to you.
  • dekecds Met 2012/04/16 13:51:49
    dekecds
    Hey, it's all good. I didn't attack your family. I didn't accuse you personally of dating video game cartoons (that might be dudes). I didn't throw some vague, bogus, "references" at you followed by a stream of mud. I simply refuted the opinion that dating within a video game was a good idea.
    I did take a look at what the VG industry was doing, right after you posted the 40K number. I was curious! I couldn't find anything to support your claim, though I did find parallels.
    This led me to believe that you were semi-blindly following your own convictions about video games.
    To be fair, you started all the nastyness, and when I responded in kind, you called me a dick.
    I bluntly accepted that, but you drug it out.
    You should accept the fact that, if your going to throw your nose up in the air so easily, someone just might sucker punch you.
    As for looking like a fool? I will let this entire thread speak for itself, though I suspect you will counter this response with another rant about how you "owned" me.
    In the end, the sad truth is that someone else always determines the loser. I think I have represented myself quite well.
  • Met dekecds 2012/04/16 18:01:04 (edited)
  • dekecds dekecds 2012/04/16 18:28:34
  • Fenabarb 2012/04/01 09:38:45
    Online dating
    Fenabarb
    hasn't work yet :(
  • The Aging Yankee Liberal Do... 2012/04/01 02:35:23
    Online gaming
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    online dating you have no idea who youre exactly talking to.. online gaming, same thing but it really doesnt matter as much
  • Jennifer Cat 2012/04/01 01:01:02
    Online gaming
    Jennifer Cat
    Since I'm an online gamer, and I have and do actually play "WoW" I'm pleased to say it is a great place to meet people, even if it's just friends.
  • Paranormal♥Spirit 2012/03/31 15:53:43
    Online gaming
    Paranormal♥Spirit
    That means that person is a gamer like me.
  • firebird 2012/03/31 05:46:26
    Online gaming
    firebird
    Online gaming is a lot safer, cheaper and less hurtful....
  • Be Original 2012/03/31 02:51:09
    Online gaming
    Be Original
    at least you know you like the same game but i still prefer face to face
  • budgerigar42 2012/03/31 02:37:45
    Online gaming
    budgerigar42
    XBOX Live All The Way! GAMERS UNITE
  • budgeri... budgeri... 2012/03/31 02:38:41
    budgerigar42
    And anyone who plays Assassin's Creed is bound to be awesome.
    assassin s creed fan
  • Soot The Fallen 2012/03/30 21:10:53
    Online gaming
    Soot The Fallen
  • Bronar 2012/03/30 19:38:02
    Online dating
    Bronar
    I'm not a gamer so I wouldn't want to date one.
  • Bill 2012/03/30 17:56:40
    Online dating
    Bill
    neither
  • Tony 2012/03/30 17:48:37
    Online gaming
    Tony
    Right off the bat you've got something in common.
  • cmdrbnd007 2012/03/30 15:20:57
    Online gaming
    cmdrbnd007
    My wife might not like it if I was online dating. lol
  • Daryl 2012/03/30 08:03:46
    Online dating
    Daryl
    I frequent the 21-30 section on J-date and the 30-40 section on Islam-date then I invite a Jewish girl and a Muslim girl to join me in a three-way.

I am doing my part for world peace.
  • Ichigo Erben 2012/03/30 07:31:10
    Online gaming
    Ichigo Erben
    I don't like dating in the internet and I don't need it. I LOVE to play online (I play currently Kid Icarus Uprising online) <3.[especially, if I win so often] But I don't like the most download games...
  • miranti 2012/03/30 06:24:27
    Online gaming
    miranti
    dont like online dating... bored
  • S.M. 2012/03/30 03:55:50
    Online gaming
    S.M.
    At least you meet someone with a common interest and meet as friends first and have a better chance at forming a good friendship foundation first...then see what happens.
  • Meep 2012/03/30 03:07:19 (edited)
    Online gaming
    Meep
    Gaming is far less blind, so I would choose that.
    Plus I dated a frag doll once (for a bit), and I met her on Rainbow Six Vegas, so it does work ;)
  • Izzy! 2012/03/30 00:11:23
    Online gaming
    Izzy!
    Duh. Online Dating is where creepers go to find teenagers.
  • Honeybuns 2012/03/29 23:42:53
    Online gaming
    Honeybuns
    I would never date someone online. Because you can never see the person or acutally talk to them.
  • rustyshackelford 2012/03/29 19:00:18
  • Bonner Clinton 2012/03/29 15:55:01
  • skyperkins1 2012/03/29 13:56:15
  • David 2012/03/29 07:22:11
    Online gaming
    David
    +2
    Online dating = looking for the perfect looking opposite gender regardless of personality
    Online gaming = having fun while you stumble upon someone you might be attracted to

The ladder is more worth your time, if you don't find anyone, at least you had fun.
  • J.MaisOui 2012/03/29 06:17:22
    Online dating
    J.MaisOui
    ...i don't play games.
  • Mixedmatching.c0m❤date diff... 2012/03/29 06:07:19
  • ~HopelessRomanticM17~ 2012/03/29 03:57:32
    Online gaming
    ~HopelessRomanticM17~
    Both would be tragically....sad

But online dating is....a little more desperate.
  • ★misfit★ ~Hopele... 2012/03/31 19:03:46
    ★misfit★
    +1
    Why? If you meet someone you meet someone. It shouldn't matter how.
  • Awwmandawashere 2012/03/29 03:47:49
    Online gaming
    Awwmandawashere
    I think I would rather play a game online then take a chance that I might be going on a "date" with a murderer or someone who looks nothing like his picture and isn't real. I don't think I would take a chance on that even though I don't play online games lol Either way never will you see me on an online dating site aha:D

2014/10/25 20:50:29