Would you like to see Mitt Romney play a role in President Obama’s second term?

L.A. Times 2012/11/28 18:00:00
President Obama and former campaign rival Mitt Romney will meet for a private lunch Thursday at the White House, fulfilling an offer that Obama made after his reelection victory.

The meeting follows a statement from Obama on election night. "In the weeks ahead, I also look forward to sitting down with Governor Romney to talk about where we can work together to move this country forward," the president said.

obama romney

Read More: http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-r...

• Wolf 2012/12/09 09:39:41
    Wolf
    +1
    Comrade Obama will be in prison for the Treason committed on Benghazi
  • redhorse29 2012/12/06 18:46:06
    redhorse29
    +1
    Why? Mitt should stay away. If asked to help he should run. Barry's administration is one if not the most corrupt and disruptive government in our history. He has kept this nation in social and economic turmoil for 4 years; he has been directly involved in the overthrow and deaths of thousands of people in the middle east. He lies and lies and lies. Why would anyone be part of a group of thugs?
  • rikonjohn 2012/12/02 21:39:24
    rikonjohn
    +1
    What would Romney be there as? The guy not even conservatives liked? The guy that became the default choice for GOP candidacy because the rest of the field was to whacked out for anyone to vote for?

Seriously, what would he do?
  • Millie 2012/12/01 17:15:37
    Millie
    +3
    FOR PETE'S SAKE NO! I HOPE I NEVER SEE HIS FACE AGAIN! AS A MORMON I CAN SAY THAT ROMNEY IS THE WORST EXAMPLE OF BEING A MORMON THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN! HE LIED EVERY CHANCE HE GOT, WHATEVER HE THOUGHT WOULD WIN HIM A VOTE. HE BACKS THE OLD THEORY OF, "KEEP A WOMAN BAREFOOT AND PREGNANT, THAT'S WHERE SHE BELONGS." HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE "COMMON" PEOPLE, THEY ARE BELOW HIS LEVEL OF CONSCIOUSNESS, HE IS LIKE MARIE ANTOINETTE WHO SUPPOSEDLY SAID, "LET THEM EAT CAKE." THIS IS JUST WHAT HE THINKS OF THE REST OF US. WHOA BE UNTO US, IF HE EVER GETS A POSITION OF POWER IN THIS WORLD!
  • thefatguy Millie 2012/12/01 17:24:52
    thefatguy
    +2
    QUIT YELLING! TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK YOU RUDE FOSSIL!
  • Captame... Millie 2012/12/01 22:34:59
    Captamerica
    +1
    You don't get out much do you, Millie! Listen to the mainstream press a lot, I bet. Where else would you get such hate-filled ideas about a wonderful family many who just wants what is best for this country and its people? What has he done to make you think he is such an elitist? He doesn't seem to be anything like Obama, now there's a real elitist! Talk about not caring, Obama can't wait till this country goes over the cliff (sequestration). Do you really think Obama cares about workers? Just askin'
  • betz Millie 2012/12/03 00:59:20
    betz
    +1
    Well you certainly are not a very tolerant Mormon. Geesh!
  • VK 2012/12/01 03:35:28
    VK
    +1
    The election is over. Mitt should go back to wherever he was before he started for President 10 years ago. Why would the President want Mitt's help? The American voter rejected Mitt and his warped ideas.
  • Captame... VK 2012/12/01 22:37:48
    Captamerica
    +1
    No, they just want a "sugar daddy" to give them everything and expect nothing in return. Kinda like the voters in CA, NY, etc. Hey, that's who elected him, isn't it! Where is John Galt? Guess we will find him (and the other producers) in Texas!
  • oldlady 2012/12/01 01:34:43
    oldlady
    +2
    He's so cute and would be an asset at White House Balls ;-)
  • Mike56 2012/11/30 23:47:19
    Mike56
    +1
    Unlike 0, who proved unable to do any job but reading from teleprompters and use up huge resources paid by taxpayers for personal consumption, Romney can help the economy on his personal business level. He spent a great part of his fortune in order to serve this country as its good president. He should not legitimize the 0’s government of cheaters, bigots and lazy ignoramuses.
  • beernbugs 2012/11/30 23:44:08
    beernbugs
    And he's not, he's going back to his noble work of shipping jobs to China.
    http://www.bostonherald.com/b...
  • Sir Bud. 2012/11/30 20:49:21
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    A bread Roll.
  • oldlady Sir Bud. 2012/12/01 01:36:01
  • A female boomer 2012/11/30 16:34:18
    A female boomer
    The American voter already spoke on this issue. It was clear enough!
  • rightside 2012/11/30 16:32:06
    rightside
    +2
    But bama won't do it because Romney makes sense.
  • betz 2012/11/30 10:14:45
    betz
    +1
    Good heavens no. Why would this man who loves this nation and possesses the intelligence he possesses want to be a part of the downfall of this great country? Stay far away Governor...very very far away.
  • Pearlie... betz 2012/11/30 20:16:20
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +1
    LOL...I agree...let him cater to the Muslims.. Mitt is for Americans...
    LOL Stay far far far away....LOL
  • betz Pearlie... 2012/11/30 22:55:42
    betz
    +1
    Quite honestly Pearlie I probably would have denied the invitation but it's obvious the Governor is a better person than I.
  • Pearlie... betz 2012/12/01 06:22:52
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +1
    I am with you...The Governor is such a kind, caring , honest man... great father and family man....Yes he is a better person....Obama gets ahead by lying, after all he comes from The Chicago cesspool of crooks....
  • Sir Bud. betz 2012/11/30 21:02:57
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    So in other words if America is against your choice then go to hell America?. This is just the kind of attitude which lost Romney votes in the first place,but ironically he obviously sincerely cares about America and is willing to carry those American voices into the White House to be heard who support him to cooperate and not turn his back on America.But that's about responsibility,accountability... and democracy.Something you and your gang here at SHd seem to disregard unless America agrees with you.Now thats real Patriotism if you ask me!.LOL.
  • betz Sir Bud. 2012/11/30 22:57:52
    betz
    Because I think the Governor should stay away from this prez it means I feel America can go to hell? Where in heaven's name did you get that?

Here's a thought for you to ponder......Do you actually believe this prez would even listen to this intelligent man? I can't begin to imagine he would. He has his OWN agenda.
  • Sir Bud. betz 2012/11/30 23:18:14
    Sir Bud.
    +2
    Quote you;
    "Good heavens no. Why would this man who loves this nation and possesses the intelligence he possesses want to be a part of the downfall of this great country? Stay far away Governor...very very far away...".
  • betz Sir Bud. 2012/11/30 23:22:42
    betz
    And your point?
  • Sir Bud. betz 2012/11/30 23:38:29
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    If you cant even comprehend your own statements then I aint going to help you, but You dont make it easy for me tho-either you cant or are pretending not to.Whatever-forget it.
  • betz Sir Bud. 2012/12/01 12:01:17
    betz
    here let me try once again. Why would anyone want to associate with someone who is taking this country to hell in a handbasket? Of course I can't speak for the Governor and if he does choose to associate with this prez then so be it. He probably feels he can do a much better job of getting this country back on track although I can't imagine this prez would listen to any of his ideas. It would be his phony way of "extendiing" himself. LOL
  • Kirby betz 2012/12/01 12:08:45
    Kirby
    +1
    this guy is the most rediculous liberal ever
  • betz Kirby 2012/12/01 12:15:28
    betz
    So true chris.
  • Kirby betz 2012/12/01 12:53:12
    Kirby
    +1
    I think this sir guy is already on obamas socialized medicine
  • betz Kirby 2012/12/01 13:23:43
    betz
    I will not answer him anymore. He's pretty clueless as to what I'm even saying.
  • Kirby betz 2012/12/01 13:58:18
    Kirby
    +1
    Lol liberals don't got even a peanut as their brain
  • Sir Bud. betz 2012/12/01 12:27:09
    Sir Bud.
    +2
    Last time;
    So in other words if America is against your choice then go to hell America?.

This is just the kind of attitude which lost Romney votes in the first place,but ironically he obviously sincerely cares about America and is willing to carry those American voices into the White House to be heard who support him to cooperate and not turn his back on America.But that's about responsibility,accountability... and democracy.

President Obama obviously understands and respects the democratic voice and power of the losing team and therefore all of what America stands for.In short 'n' simple Betz;"We the People"-not just those who voted for Obama. Co-operation and construction not obstruction and destruction is what America needs.But you obviously think otherwise and are in fact hoping and wishing that America falls to make your personal self feel better.What a Patriot you are.
  • betz Sir Bud. 2012/12/01 12:32:22
    betz
    I do not wish my country to fail....stop putting words in my mouth. I do feel that we are failing. Good heavens.
  • Sir Bud. betz 2012/12/01 15:20:06
    Sir Bud.
    +2
    You want to sit back and let America fail because your vote lost,period.You have made that very clear all the time.
  • betz Sir Bud. 2012/12/01 22:44:58
    betz
    Go away now. You are terribly annoying and I will not argue with you any longer. Now go away.
  • Sir Bud. betz 2012/12/02 10:56:12
    Sir Bud.
    +2
    Thank you for confirming my point by ignoring it and running off.
  • betz Sir Bud. 2012/12/02 20:59:34
    betz
    No it just shows I am the bigger person. You are someone who reads what is written as something very different as what was meant. You are not worth it.
  • Sir Bud. betz 2012/12/03 00:33:28
    Sir Bud.
    +2
  • Captame... Sir Bud. 2012/12/03 08:22:37
    Captamerica
    I understand your frustration, but you are beginning to sound like betz when you say "go away". Remember there there are those out here that are enjoying your little debate.

I do think you are missing the larger point, Obama's election will not destroy the American Dream, but the mindset of those who voted with their selfish concern for themselves and their "piece of the (government) pie" will. We are seeing the great debate between the producers and the takers.

John Galt seems to be sending lots of producers to Texas, and we are prospering because of it! Just hope it doesn't come to secession, don't you? Just askin'
  • Sir Bud. Captame... 2012/12/03 12:33:15
    Sir Bud.
    +3
    Thats because I copied her own comment word for word and sent it to her back!.LMAO.
    http://www.sodahead.com/enter...

2014/04/20 03:32:09