Will the election be too close to call on Tuesday night?

L.A. Times 2012/11/06 06:00:00
5,226 votes
42%
7,124 votes
58%
The most expensive election in U.S. history is almost over, and most public polls suggest President Obama has a small, but persistent, edge over his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney.

election

Read More: http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-2012-pr...

Question Closed

• wilsonmja 2012/11/07 06:04:59
    wilsonmja
    Obama won, but I think it's interesting that I'm not hearing the same outcry for the fact that he didn't win the majority as I heard when Bush won without the majority. Just a thought.
  • joseph ... wilsonmja 2012/11/08 13:07:45
  • wilsonmja joseph ... 2012/11/08 16:15:55 (edited)
    wilsonmja
    When I posted this he was still behind in the popular vote. I assumed it would probably stay that way, but it didn't. Has nothing to do with math and it wasn't an attack. It was an observation. I voted for neither of these two bozos. I'd just as soon vote for Mickey Mouse thana republican or democrat. My candidate got less 1% of the vote, but I sleptwell knowing that I did my part in standing up to the tyranny of the two party system that is driving this nation into the ground.
  • joseph ... wilsonmja 2012/11/08 16:20:15
  • wilsonmja joseph ... 2012/11/08 16:35:21 (edited)
    wilsonmja
    Dictating their actions in what way exactly? He is dictating to me that soon I will be forced to have health care our face penalties. He still has done nothing in the way of helping get marijuana legalized. In fact, he is in favor of prohibition of the substance and allows federal gooons to come in and violate the constitution and states rights by tearing down legitimate businesses. He signed the NDAA of 2012 allowing American citizens to be detained without trial indefinitely if they are suspected of being a terrorist. Boy I'm sure that will never be abused and the term "terrorist" won't become convoluted.

Problem is that you're a kool-aid drinker just like Romney supporters. You can't where thus country is headed and how by ignoring the constitution more and more every year and voting for bigger and more expansive control of government over the people, we're following a destructive course that had destroyed countries before. Did you fail history in school?
  • joseph ... wilsonmja 2012/11/08 20:10:01
  • wilsonmja joseph ... 2012/11/08 20:34:14
    wilsonmja
    Ok still waiting for an argument. Your resume is nice, but it doesn't change anything.
  • joseph ... wilsonmja 2012/11/09 16:00:56
  • wilsonmja joseph ... 2012/11/08 23:50:40
    wilsonmja
    I've read a lit of your posts. All you do is talk crap and name call. Very few times do you ever actually make legitimate points with good arguments with facts or anything to back it up.
  • joseph ... wilsonmja 2012/11/09 16:04:10
  • wilsonmja joseph ... 2012/11/09 17:13:11
    wilsonmja
    Hate and racism? I guess that means you hate Mormons? Funny, you're the first one of us to bring up race and I'm the racist? Then how do you explain my strong opposition to Romney. Oh, of course, you live in a black and white two party world. You actually believe there is a difference between the two parties in the big picture. That's fine, you can hide behind your computer screen pretending you once had a job teaching political science while you discredit that claim with your hate filled rants and lack of objectivity. You're exactly the same as that which you hate. The onlly difference between a lwnj (you) and a rwnj (most people on here) is the alter at which you worship.
  • Mr. Won... wilsonmja 2012/11/09 18:04:20
    Mr. Wonderful
    +1
    I hate LIARS. Romney is a pathlogical liar. He lied about his taxes, about his positions on birth control, immigration, failed to give any details on his "plan" to rebuild the economy, was caught saying his true feeling to a group of fat cat contributors where Romeny dissed half the country. Everyone knows he wanted GM to fail, then in the campaign pretended he didn't want GM to fail. That fool's lips are moving, he''s lying.
  • wilsonmja Mr. Won... 2012/11/09 19:45:49
  • Mr. Won... wilsonmja 2012/11/09 20:29:24
    Mr. Wonderful
    Memo... so is Ron Paul. Your point?
  • wilsonmja Mr. Won... 2012/11/09 21:10:13
    wilsonmja
    He hasn't been given a chance. What are you talking about?
  • joseph ... wilsonmja 2012/11/09 18:47:48
  • Mr. Won... wilsonmja 2012/11/09 17:59:42 (edited)
    Mr. Wonderful
    +1
    You want a point? Ok, here's several.

GOP concedes Florida, 2012 final a skimpy and pathetic 206 electoral votes for Romney and a staggering 336 for Obama. Not even close by any measure. Now be a typical right wing loser and keep whining and bitching.

Lets go back further. First time Bush won by the skin of his teeth. Just 500 odd votes more in FL and Gore would have won. Also everyone knows there was wide spread corruption and voter fraud and hanky panky by Bush's brother Jeb. Second time Bush barely won Ohio, if he didn't Kerry would have won.

Obama kicked Romney's ass in these so-called battle ground states; Wisconsin, Ohio, Florida, Iowa, Colorado and Michigan. He only needed any two, he won them all.
  • wilsonmja Mr. Won... 2012/11/09 20:06:38
    wilsonmja
    What is your point exactly. It's like you're having a totally different argument. My point is that it doesn't matter woo wins. Neither one of them will keep their promises. Neither one will shrink the size of government, and neither one is going to solve the problems that threaten the very fabric that this nation was built upon.
  • Mr. Won... wilsonmja 2012/11/09 20:24:59 (edited)
    Mr. Wonderful
    The point that seems to zoom far over your head is your boy Ron Paul had zero chance from the get-go. I knew that. I said that, here, elsewhere, so did everyone else that had any political seasoning. It is a pipe dream to think ANY Libterian could ever win national office.

Its commical to see you goofy Libterians always waving the flag, clutching the Constitution like if you're the only ones that are patrotric.

My advice to you, get a life. All politicans are just human. They all have flaws, but to suggst the sky is fallling like your gang always does unless a Libterian is elected is laughable.

The country survived, prospered for over 230 years WITHOUT a Libterian and thanks, we'll do find if we never elect one. Now go back to your cult, I think I hear them calling you... got to start thinking about 2016. LOL!

In closing, if Ron Paul was such a great Libertian, how come he didn't run on that ticket instread of pretending to be a Republican?
  • wilsonmja Mr. Won... 2012/11/09 21:13:53 (edited)
    wilsonmja
    Your mistaken if you think the country is doing just fine without a libertarian president. Have you noticed the problems we face today? This nation is being run into the ground. Would a libertarian president change anything if given the chance or sell out and break all his or her promises? Good question. Lets find out. We already know that a republican our democrat is incapable if keeping his promise.
  • DavidK 2012/11/07 04:50:10
    DavidK
    Obama wins, America will now go backwards another four years. Sad day for America.
  • Mr. Won... DavidK 2012/11/08 13:59:27
    Mr. Wonderful
    +1
    Sad day for America when:

1. right wingers keep on whining and bitching
    2. act like spoiled eight year olds that didn't get their way
    3. want the gridlock to continue for political reasons
    4. deliberately lie about Obama
    5. act like a collection of chicken little types
  • DavidK Mr. Won... 2012/11/09 17:29:41
  • Mr. Won... DavidK 2012/11/09 18:07:37 (edited)
    Mr. Wonderful
    +1
    Right it is continuing. Fat head Johnny boner liar of the House is already saying no deals if the rich have to pay more taxes. You could be both blind and deaf and still know the Repugs are owned by, controlled by and do the bidding of rich. Always. No exceptions.

head up ass
  • Epistemically Justified -- BN7 2012/11/07 04:38:02
    Epistemically Justified -- BN7
    +2
    Looks like Obama wins, as of 11:30 here.

However close the presidential race was, I don't think it's the "big story" of the night. I'm more interested in discussing how thoroughly far right Tea Party Republicans lost key match ups for their party. Akins and Mourdock lost their races, not because the Democrats were more popular. In fact, in both these cases Republicans had more money and momentum behind them. The big mistake was that they chose to run VERY polarizing candidates who made VERY unpopular statements about VERY antiquated and backwards views that do not reflect true American values.

If Republicans take away anything from tonights races, I hope that they've learned that far right extremists will not win. Appeal to moderates and willingness to work across the aisle are key. I think the example set by Obama and Cristie is the best model for our future.
  • JohnT 2012/11/07 04:33:27
    JohnT
    +2
    Bye bye Mitt take your conservatives and go home, it is over per all the networks as of 11:30 EST
  • Retro1698 2012/11/07 04:28:46
    Retro1698
    +3
    obama won...
  • joseph digristina 2012/11/07 04:24:49
  • JohnT joseph ... 2012/11/07 04:35:40
    JohnT
    +3
    Yeah all the mean people on this site who posted their disgusting disparaging photos of our President Obama can go away.
  • joseph ... JohnT 2012/11/07 04:50:22
  • Mr. Won... joseph ... 2012/11/07 18:02:34 (edited)
  • joseph ... Mr. Won... 2012/11/08 13:12:25
  • Mr. Wonderful 2012/11/07 04:23:23 (edited)
    Mr. Wonderful
    +3
    ALL tv networking even the a-holes at Foxnews project Obama won and it's not even 11:30 on the East coast.

I told you so. Months ago. As always right wingers don't have a clue.
  • joseph ... Mr. Won... 2012/11/07 04:26:09
  • Mr. Won... joseph ... 2012/11/07 15:05:33 (edited)
    Mr. Wonderful
    +1
    The good guys won. As someone else already said the right wing haters willl go right on hating... the flames faned by a-holes like Limbaugh, Hannity and Levine, that's their thing. They're just laughingstock. Romney proved he was a putz. He told the news media early in the day yesterday he didn't even write a speech in case he lost. Well duh, you lost bozo. Now he can go back to counting his loot and being part of the 1% gang of thugs.
  • joseph ... Mr. Won... 2012/11/08 13:15:17
  • JohnT Mr. Won... 2012/11/07 04:36:53
    JohnT
    +2
    There is over 100 mean people on this site that could never say anything nice about our President well it is nice to know you are the minority.
  • Mr. Won... JohnT 2012/11/07 15:25:52
  • Obama-wins-again 2012/11/07 03:56:32
  • DavidK Obama-w... 2012/11/07 04:22:03 (edited)
    DavidK
    Thought things were bad before? Watch the next 4 years or until he gets impeached! Doesn't surprise me how naive these Obama supporters are. Its going to be an obvious victory for the GOP in 2016 if we still have a Country left.

2014/04/23 15:12:26