Will Katie Couric be booted out of CBS?

K man 2008/04/10 19:34:20
ReutersLOS ANGELES (April 10) - The Wall Street Journal, citing unnamed CBS News executives and people close to Katie Couric, said Wednesday she could leave her job as anchor of the "CBS Evening News" well before her contract expires in 2011.

The report comes as CBS continues to lag in third place in the network news ratings, behind NBC and ABC, 19 months after Couric's much ballyhooed debut as the first woman solo anchor of a major U.S. evening newscast -- for a salary reportedly worth $15 million a year. Couric, 51, the former co-host of NBC's top-rated morning show "Today," may leave CBS as early as next January, soon after the U.S. presidential inauguration, the Journal said in its online edition.

• Sib 2008/07/17 14:21:20
    She will be asked to leave but it is not her fault CBS is in last place
    Sib
    I believe Ms. Couric & CBS will come to a finanicial agreement for her to leave. Ms.Couric appears to be like a major league baseball manager whose team is not performing. You can't fire the 25 players so you fire the manager. Ms.Couric has little to do with CBS's lack of ratings. How come she had the strongest ratings on the Today Show for 15 years. Think she just lost it the day she left NBC & walked into CBS's front door. Perhaps the powers to be should take responsibility.
  • Liz 2008/06/29 09:50:31
    Liz
    I think Katie belongs at NBC where she was loved. People do not like change and NBC is tops in my book.
  • ladyrider 2008/06/23 13:32:19
    ladyrider
    she never should have left the Today show
  • SPBIRD 2008/06/20 01:37:30
    She will be asked to leave because it is her fault CBS is in last place
    SPBIRD
    SHE HAS A HIGHER OPINION OF HERSELF THAN OTHER FOLKS DO,,,
  • love machine 2008/06/20 01:00:42
    She won't be asked to leave
    love machine
    I think ka ka ka ka katie is great but I liked her better on the Today show...
    she showed more leg.......ha ha
  • Marcia 2008/06/17 07:54:26
    Marcia
    I really miss Katie Couric in the Today Show she added a special touch there. Would love to see her back at the Today Show.
  • walker 2008/04/30 03:15:53
    walker
    she is boring, very little expressions
  • bebby 2008/04/22 19:20:45
    bebby
    THE PICTURE OF KATIE IN THE BLACK DRESS, WITH THE STUPID UPSIDE DOWN LOOK, IS THE WAY I SEE HER EVEN WHEN SHE IS READING THE NEWS. NO ONE IS WORTH 6 MILLION, ESPECIALL FOR WHAT SHE DOES. I CAN READ A TELEPROMPTER JUST AS WELL, FOR ONLY UHH, UHH, HOW ABOUT 500,000.00?????
  • wa 2008/04/18 18:27:36
    She won't be asked to leave
    wa
    Rating is important
  • lyn 2008/04/18 01:14:23
    lyn
    Dan Rather was already in 3rd Pl. in my opinion. Katie can't pull it out in a few months. Go Katie..........
  • mommabear 2008/04/17 04:39:08
    mommabear
    news is all about ratings - Katie's ratings are not getting the job done. Sorry.
  • jeanie 2008/04/16 18:05:29
    jeanie
    katie is a lovely lady but is out of her comfort zone. she is not noted for being a serious person. i do not fault her, cbs was already in trouble & simply intended to try some thing new & it did not work. don't blame her. i am sure she is doing her best. she went from basically a lite hearted though newsy program to totally different scenarios. that is hard for most of us & she is in the public eye which thankfullly most of us are not.
  • bookwriter 2008/04/16 12:58:29
    She won't be asked to leave
    bookwriter
    Well I like Katie, and I think that CBS went the wrong way with her. She should have been given a more Soft Roll instead of the hard hello "I'm Katie Couric" at the top of the show. Why in the world they put her behind such a large desk I will never know.

I don't know why CBS would Blame Katie for their troubles because they were in third place before Katie came on board. CBS will just fail again if they dump Katie.

There is a saying in Golf: " That you Shouldn't Change Putters When You are Putting Bad". I have played golf for years and I have always found this statement to be true.

So If CBS thinks that they are going to fix their show by dumping Katie, let's all just wait an see. I for one think that the Problem with CBS is CBS.

Regards,

Bookwriter
  • SpecialKrazyK! 2008/04/11 13:48:53
    SpecialKrazyK!
    It just was not a good fit!
  • MQ-American Values Again (AVA) 2008/04/10 20:53:37
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    She has probably already been told it isn't working out (last place.. and she makes $15M a year - not a good investment), and has been given until the end of the year to find something else so she can make a graceful exit and so it appears the decision was hers.
  • I Luv Hillary 2008/04/10 19:47:20
    I Luv Hillary
    +1
    In the media business ratings equals dollars. low rating , low dollars! Katie will be pushed out! She will survive, it won't be a "Dan Rather"!! departure.
  • Angel 2008/04/10 19:40:19
    Angel
    +1
    I don't like Katie, so I could care less, she made a comment once and I lost all respect for her
  • Moto Angel 2008/04/12 18:31:27
    Moto
    +1
    I agree with you totally. It was a pure example of the "Peter Principle,"
    or greed and Chustpa, that motivated Katie into thinking she could be a sucessful anchor at CBS. I have inside souces that tell me they will NEVER pay a buyout to her; instead, they will put her in an alternative role she dispises....

2014/12/20 00:14:03