Will House Speaker Boehner bridge the gap between Republicans and Democrats?

L.A. Times 2012/11/09 01:27:00
In a wide-ranging interview, House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) said raising tax rates is “unacceptable,” vice presidential nominee Paul D. Ryan is not the new leader of the GOP and the reelection of President Obama means the nation’s new healthcare law is “the law of the land.”

john boehner

Read More: http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-john-bo...

• kudabux 2012/11/10 00:15:02
    kudabux
    +13
    He is an obstructionist puppet who reports to the teabaggers who dictate to him. He is a liar

• Red Ruffansore 2012/11/18 13:06:53
    Red Ruffansore
    Da Boehner won't just build a bridge, he'll bone us with the bridge. He'll be reaching across the aisle, holding hands, sneaking kisses in the cloakroom with Dingy Hairy Reid. Da Bone will fold like an origami swan.
  • misha 2012/11/15 19:54:40
    misha
    Good luck. But really it doesn't matter what you are, it doesn't change the house of elites.
  • P. Sturm 2012/11/15 11:44:10
    P. Sturm
    +1
    That requires actually trying.
  • Frannin 2012/11/15 05:26:48
    Frannin
    One can only hope but I don't believe he has it in him to stand up against the Republican
    obstructionists like McConnell and the little guy who follows him around. I think his name
    is Eric Cantor. All three of them seem to have had the wind knocked out of their sails.
  • madsam 2012/11/14 18:17:02
    madsam
    He is wrong. The republicans were sent there to fight the evil not work with it.
  • donisue 2012/11/14 17:39:02
    donisue
    Why should he? If all Liberals are as horrific as Jon Stewart and his stupid fingers then lets put their fingers where they belong.
  • Mo 2012/11/14 14:22:42
    Mo
    +1
    He will be the floor mat between the two sides.
  • madsam Mo 2012/11/14 18:18:00
    madsam
    That is probably true.
  • Juanb 2012/11/14 13:33:24
    Juanb
    +1
    He proved himself to be an unworthy crybaby. he is useless at best
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/11/14 11:53:48
  • Red Ruf... mk, Sma... 2012/11/18 13:14:40
    Red Ruffansore
    +1
    Heil Der ObaMeinFuhrer.
  • mk, Sma... Red Ruf... 2012/11/19 18:04:24
  • Tpem 2012/11/14 08:03:46
    Tpem
    Why? No one wants the gap bridged. Only media and politicians talk about compromise. The people want their ideology to be represented not subverted.
  • Pay me 4profile 2012/11/14 05:55:13
    Pay me 4profile
    its not the job of one man to build a negotiation game plan to resolve the mess we all are approaching. there is treason from our president to argue from his office down. that is treasonist. arguement and resolution are found in each individual houses of the goverment. the president job isnt to negotiate and micro manage every negotiation table. the president job is to let the goverment chess match to arrive to answers. the president has no right to use his direct oder to govern over congress men.

the president can not enforce law to a congress man or woman. that is treasonist under a marxsist dictatorship. mr bain has clear guidlines on resolving what 47% of hard working america who care about paying taxes want, and really dont care about lazzy american who voice their opinion once every for years. listen the bottom line is, dont be affended cause ur action will place u on iether side of the table, if stand for what u believe then u have sided correctly, the people has spoken. now it time for civil answers. read my profile for further impeachment march to washington dc

capitol hill
  • solomon 2012/11/13 21:52:24
  • Michael 2012/11/13 21:33:35
    Michael
    But it won't be his fault. The Democrats won't come to the table to negotiate again this term, they will just run out the clock and blame, blame, blame...until it is too late then the limit will be extended, again, like it has been for 4 years.
  • Pay me ... Michael 2012/11/14 06:03:11
    Pay me 4profile
    this ttime an extention will not work, there is tomuch capitol pressure that will effect socail preassurre and a collaps of the american dollar can paralizce america. its definatly possible. simply understood, when the american capitol economy just pick up n move toother countries, the goverment can not provide jobs for every one and or provide wealfare. then baby boomer are going to start retiring forcing more federal spending. then bonds and notes need to be payed out. were is all this money coming from. the trith is, the only solution is creating stste currency and moving ur money to pressiuos metals, realestste, and stocks. the fact is oboma promise a change, well being treasonist against capitol civillians by making them poorer is going to finally pave the road to impeachment
  • Michaelene 2012/11/13 21:05:34
    Michaelene
    +1
    I don't believe that is his job, he is the leader of the Republican party no matter who the obots try to claim as leader.
  • Pay me ... Michaelene 2012/11/14 06:04:56
    Pay me 4profile
    +1
    well said, at that level me negoitiate fearlessly. it isnt a G20 nation summit.
  • Tasine 2012/11/13 20:06:33
    Tasine
    WHAT gap? There's a gap? I thought they were identical twins, one with and one without make-up.
  • solomon 2012/11/13 19:52:09
  • Rod 2012/11/13 17:53:09
    Rod
    How can someone who capitulates to the presidents demands bridge any gap. He can get the democrats on his side but very few republicans.
  • solomon Rod 2012/11/13 19:53:22
  • Pay me ... Rod 2012/11/14 06:20:35
    Pay me 4profile
    the stupod thing is the bridge every one talks about, but no one can really define, is a simple as the capitalism, that barackism (barackism- a greek cesar marksist dictatorship against virgin capitol value) is fighting. The capitol economy can build the bridge at no expense to the goverment and prevent american civilians from paying the offset. isnt american civilians helping the govermdnt intitled to be greedy and get tax excemption. do u think greed changees with or with out taxing. offcourse not. the fact is remove greed from the contexts and this completly changes. the fact people loose sight of the important factor. the greedy goverment doesnt need to pay for the bridge, american civilian will break there back working to build it right with capitolist bridge and no body wants the goverment micromamaging every last second of our workday breaching our 4th admendment right

i pass the microphone to congress, if can type cause spying, speak now
  • BurntOffering 2012/11/13 17:37:12
    BurntOffering
    Hell....no he Cant
  • The Patriot 2012/11/13 16:21:44
    The Patriot
    +1
    I hope not -

I Love The USA - and I HATE socialism.

Someone has to fight it.

Baton done the hatches - BRING IT ON!
  • solomon The Pat... 2012/11/13 19:54:49
  • Pay me ... The Pat... 2012/11/14 06:23:17 (edited)
    Pay me 4profile
    socailism-marksism-wealfare/s... retirement (both within the same thousand dollar range)

impeach read profile ,.
  • XZQZQ 2012/11/13 09:48:17
    XZQZQ
    Boehner, who did not have much fight to begin with, is already signaling surrender, with the reelection of Obama. This pussy makes me ashamed to be a Republican.
  • solomon XZQZQ 2012/11/13 19:55:20
  • Danale 2012/11/13 06:45:03
    Danale
    +1
    The problem is that he keeps building on his end... obama keeps moving away... far away ... therefor the american people will fall off...
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/11/13 05:16:32
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    No.......and I hope he doesn't. Let the Democrats run the country all by themselves. If they do good.......GREAT. But if they totally eff up, then they did it to themselves and we can take back the government from those commies.
  • Pay me ... Louisa ... 2012/11/14 06:27:35
    Pay me 4profile
    pass the word on. first stage of secede is by creating a louisian currency. get rid of federal notes, and the feds can not tax state money. pass the word on. read my profile.
  • V~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/11/13 04:32:17 (edited)
    V~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    "Bridge the gap?" What gap? Both sides want to keep SPENDING. They are more or less in agreement!

Democrats want to raise taxes, but not enough to get the national debt back to where it was when Obama took office. So they really don't want to pay for what they have already spent (or even what they plan to spend in the future). Previous administrations have been doing this for decades, but not quite at the level of Bush and Obama.

Republicans are opposed to most tax increases, because the historical response to all prior attempts to raise revenue was MORE spending. They don't want to stop spending either. Both sides are addicted to pork.

The voters re-elected Obama, so they obviously want lots of spending. At the same time, they elected a Republican majority in the House, so the voters certainly don't want tax increases.

The problem is nothing new. However, the SIZE of the problem is.

• Michaelene V~POTL~... 2012/11/13 21:09:36
    Michaelene
    +1
    great comment, in other words we now continue to have more of the same, 16 years of this spendalicious leadership and we will be all bankrupt very soon. Born under debt to this leadership, and our youth will never know what him them and caused America to fail so rapidly.
  • Raithere V~POTL~... 2012/11/13 22:52:50
    Raithere
    While true, spending is only a small part of the problem. We no longer have a industrial, service, or even an IT economy, we have a debt economy. For such an economy to function you have to have continual growth in production and consumption which is impossible.

economy debt economy economy function continual growth production consumption impossible

• Kigan 2012/11/13 02:30:46 (edited)
    Kigan
    Bridging this gap requires that BOTH SIDES actually want to, and far as I can tell NEITHER side wants to. They just want the other side to fall in line with what they want and to hell with the other side and, in many cases, the American people.
  • GINGERBREAD 2012/11/13 01:09:32
    GINGERBREAD
    Boehner, being a mainline republican, will negotiate us out of our freedom, a little bit at a time, but this is what he'll do. He will find a way to COMPROMISE with the devil, if he has to, in order to hang on to his seat
  • Azrael-In GOD we trust 2012/11/12 23:14:43
    Azrael-In GOD we trust
    If he decides to grow some gonads, he might stand a chance.
  • Tori Azrael-... 2012/11/12 23:25:34
    Tori
    +1
    I hope this is right I feel bad for the America, so many angry is bad.

2014/09/30 06:08:19