Will Beyoncé Lip-Sync the Super Bowl?

Fef 2013/01/28 17:00:00
Beyoncé may have lip-synced at President Obama's inauguration, but will she dare lip-sync at the 2013 Super Bowl? “It’s very difficult to sing and dance at the same time,” Mike Stevens, vocal chair at The Colburn School in Los Angeles, told ABC News. “So I would not be surprised if she lip-syncs.”

Lip-syncing may embarrass an artist, but a poor performance can do more damage. ABC reported that The Black Eyed Peas sang live during their Super Bowl halftime performance two years ago, and critics and fans both bashed the band for a bad showing. On the other hand, Madonna lip-synced during the 2012 Super Bowl, and only got a smattering of criticism.

ABCNEWS.GO.COM reports:
Did she or didn’t she? There’s still no response from Beyonce on whether she was lip-synching her rendition of the “Star-Spangled Banner” during President Barack Obama’s second inauguration on Monday. As the superstar prepares for her Super Bowl halftime performance Feb. 3 in New Orleans, the pressure isn’t letting up. All eyes will be on her, paying minute attention to her performance. So will she or won’t she lip-sync at the game? That’s the big question.
beyonce

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2013/01/...

• Adam 2013/01/31 03:01:37
    Beyoncé will Sing
    Adam
    +1
    I'm not an expert on singing, so I don't really know how feasible it is to not lip sync. However, i DO know that she is less likely to lip sync now that she knows how pissy people will be about it.
  • ivegotl... Adam 2013/01/31 16:43:54
    ivegotloveinmypants
    People have a right to be pissy! It is OUR hard earned cash that goes into the bank accounts of these artists when they operform! the elast they can do in return is to do what they claim they are so good at doing- SINGING!
  • Adam ivegotl... 2013/01/31 22:12:06
    Adam
    So how much did you pay to get into the inauguration, and where were you told that she would not lip sync?

Even though I hate nearly every use of the word, "Entitled" these days, I can think of no other word to describe this sentiment.
  • ivegotl... Adam 2013/02/01 10:18:19
    ivegotloveinmypants
    We the people pay OUR money into these artists. We are entitled.
  • Adam ivegotl... 2013/02/01 12:27:27
    Adam
    Exactly which constitutional amendment was that again?

Unless you paid money for that performance and were specifically promised a non lip synced performance, you have nothing to complain about. Besides, she DID sing; a track of her singing was played over her singing for the sake of sound quality.

And of course, it was a track of her singing that's causing all these accusations of her not singing
  • DOriginalDonald 2013/01/31 02:40:57
    Beyoncé will Lip-Sync
    DOriginalDonald
    +2
    IS water wet?
  • kat 2013/01/31 02:30:57
    Beyoncé will Sing
    kat
    +1
    I think the pressure will be on her to do a live performance.
  • ivegotl... kat 2013/01/31 16:44:57
    ivegotloveinmypants
    Why should there be pressure on her to do what she claims she can do-which is SING?
  • boo63 ivegotl... 2013/01/31 17:48:42
    boo63
    +1
    Because she wont be the darling,amazing singer she has been portayed as. Sure she can dance but that auto tune is most singers bread and butter nowadays
  • ivegotl... boo63 2013/02/01 10:19:31
    ivegotloveinmypants
    Its sad and pathetic. I miss the old days of music- even though I wasn't born then. Very few singers have come up to the standard of Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, Robert Plant, Stevie Wonder, Dusty Springfield...
  • kat ivegotl... 2013/01/31 18:32:30
    kat
    +1
    There already is public pressure for a live performance which is why there is a thread discussing the issue. This is not a thread about her level of talent. Obviously, she wouldn't be where she is now, without being a gifted songwriter & performer. It's just about whether viewers will get to hear a live performance or a pre-recorded one. Feel free to defend her talent all you want to someone who is disparaging her. I personally don't have a dog in this fight - neither of my teams are playing, so I'm not likely to watch in either case.
  • El Prez 2013/01/31 02:28:47
    Beyoncé will Lip-Sync
    El Prez
    +2
    If she did lip-sync, so what. This is a stupid and media driven "story". Shut up!!
  • Seriously Folks 2013/01/31 01:47:48
    Beyoncé will Sing
    Seriously Folks
    Don't know and don't care. I am sure with all of this obsessing over how she will present her Half-Time Program everyone obsessing over it will Tune Out --- RIGHT!
    People will watch her show Lip Synch or not and NOT Watch the Game.

Is there something more we can talk about besides something this silly? For it to be still going on did she or did she not, is really Silly.
  • Jackie 2013/01/31 00:21:14
    Beyoncé will Sing
    Jackie
    +1
    Once again, who cares?
  • Ramón 2013/01/31 00:17:46
    Beyoncé will Sing
    Ramón
    +2
    Moving her hips to distract from the lips.
  • JGF 2013/01/30 23:49:10
    Beyoncé will Lip-Sync
    JGF
    +2
    If she lip-synchs at the White House and performs live at the Stuporbowl it shows where her patriotism and priorities lie.
  • Hebsi 2013/01/30 23:48:55
    Beyoncé will Sing
    Hebsi
    +2
    Unless she wants to lose all her respect and credibility as a performer.
  • ivegotl... Hebsi 2013/01/31 16:45:40
    ivegotloveinmypants
    I don't think that there is any fear of that happening...
  • Helena 2013/01/30 23:47:37
  • juliasmimi 2013/01/30 23:39:07
    Beyoncé will Lip-Sync
    juliasmimi
    +1
    What ever she wants to do is ok with me. People will find fault no matter what she does.
  • Fashionable60s 2013/01/30 22:29:29 (edited)
    Beyoncé will Lip-Sync
    Fashionable60s
    +2
    She has built her career on marketing and packaging her brand of entertainment of whooping, gasping and lip syncing to pre-recorded tracks while distracting her fans with skimpy costumes, booty shaking, lots of fancy jewelries and big hair. Yes,there is a lot of smoke, mirror and prestidigitation. To her devoted fans, the fake Empress is always wearing new clothes, they will love her no matter what while Bey and her manager husband are laughing at them all the way to the bank.

This was on top of the ongoing story that Bey walked around with a belly prosthesis for nine months while another woman was allegedly the gestational carrier to carry her daughter so that pregnancy would not ruin her "bootylicious" (coined by her) body. Last year, Bey and Jay Z paid millions to close down the NYC's Lenox Hill Hospital's maternity ward for hours, inconveniencing and shutting out other birthing families while supposedly that Bey was going through an actual childbirth.
  • ivegotl... Fashion... 2013/01/31 16:47:36
    ivegotloveinmypants
    I thought that story was untrue. Either way, shutting down the hospital without considering other people is just typical of this ridiculous couple. Clearly, at the level that they are, they have exchanged their brains and morals for dollar bills. Your description of her in your first paragraph is brilliant.
  • Fashion... ivegotl... 2013/01/31 17:09:51
    Fashionable60s
    +1
    There is nothing wrong with using a gestational carrier. Lots of couples, both Hollywood type and private citizens have been helped by anonymous women to carry their babies due to fertility or other issues. Beyonce lived large while "pregnant" and did not even share her due date until it happened. Pregnant women usually do not look good in the last two months of their pregnancy as everything swells up, nose, face, neck, arms and legs. Then there is the pregnancy mask (chloasma) that afflict brown skinned women and some Caucasians, where their faces and necks would be "masked" by a brown mask of pregnancy (a tan or dark skin discoloration). She showed no symptoms other than her glamorous made up self during her pregnancy, when she trotted around in super high, high heels (pregnant women gave up high heels after the first trimester) and wearing glamorous outfits that "hid" her bump. She did not even waddled like a pregnant woman. Yes, she and her husband paid $1.5 M to Lenox Hill to shut down the whole maternity ward from other mothers and their families while their daughter, Blue Ivy was being born (by whom, who knows).
  • Christy Lee 2013/01/30 21:49:19
    Beyoncé will Lip-Sync
    Christy Lee
    +3
    Why not, she couldnt sing live for the inaugural speech. Why bother for the superbowl?
  • Garland Bennett 2013/01/30 20:46:45
  • Robert Strobel 2013/01/30 20:37:03
    Beyoncé will Lip-Sync
    Robert Strobel
    SHE DOESN'T KNOW THE WORDS.
  • MissForiegnBeauty 2013/01/30 20:35:49
    Beyoncé will Sing
    MissForiegnBeauty
    +1
    Damn, I meant Lip-Sync
  • ThePollitician 2013/01/30 20:23:44
    Beyoncé will Sing
    ThePollitician
    +2
    I hope she will.
  • hilllary 2013/01/30 20:17:48
    Beyoncé will Lip-Sync
    hilllary
    +1
    Obama is lip sync being president.
  • Brenda 2013/01/30 20:05:02
    Beyoncé will Sing
    Brenda
    +1
    Beyonce will sing whether she lip-sync or not. Who the hell do you think she is lip-syncing to? DUH!
  • Rafie01 2013/01/30 20:01:08
    Beyoncé will Sing
    Rafie01
    +1
    I doubt she will want to go through dat again
  • OneLastWord 2013/01/30 19:47:22 (edited)
  • cheshirewayne 2013/01/30 19:26:22
    Beyoncé will Lip-Sync
    cheshirewayne
    +2
    It's easy money, so why put out the effort.
  • fivecentfather 2013/01/30 19:19:53
    Beyoncé will Lip-Sync
    fivecentfather
    +1
    She probably will. It's really the best way to go in venues like stadiums with cold weather. People just need to get over this. It's been done for YEARS.
  • Christy... fivecen... 2013/01/30 21:55:12
    Christy Lee
    +3
    Never before at an inaugural speech. Its part of American history and tradition. If she couldnt keep with the tradition, she shouldnt have been the one to sing the national anthem. There are many other artists that could have and would have delivered. But I guess its not what ya know its who you know.
  • Lena Christy... 2013/01/31 01:33:50
    Lena
    Exactly. Like she is the only talented singer in the US!
  • ivegotl... Christy... 2013/01/31 16:48:39
    ivegotloveinmypants
    Absolutely. If I was an American I would have been outraged that she did not sing. I keep saying that Aretha sang- in the cold! So what is Beyonce's excuse?
  • Blotz 2013/01/30 19:19:46
    Beyoncé will Sing
    Blotz
    +2
    Really who cares
  • Christy... Blotz 2013/01/30 21:56:57
    Christy Lee
    I do because I dont want to see a fake artist pretend she can sing. Bring on the real artists!
  • heeheemee 2013/01/30 19:03:58
    Beyoncé will Lip-Sync
    heeheemee
    +1
    All those lame, dancing "entertainers" don't think singing is as important as shaking their booty on stage, so she'll probably lip-sync.

2014/08/20 22:35:33