Why I Hate Stephanie Meyer

GrumpyCat 2009/08/19 20:25:19
I still like Smeyer because
I agree and dislike Smeyer
Smeyer (as the antifandom calls her) is pretty much a terrbile exuse for a human being. She can't write and calls herself an author. Then she feels the need to diss other authors are so much better than her. She talks about how she is better than Austen, Shakespear, and Rowling. She has no right to do that. Also she gets her brother to filter through her fanmail so that she only sees the ones that worship her. She is also a huge anti-feminist. If you read the twilight series you would know that.

The worst part is, out of all the money she has, she never gives any of it to charity. Nothing. She never gave a cent to the needy or to the enviorment or to animals.

• Katy 2009/08/19 20:49:14
    I still like Smeyer because
    Katy
    +7
    You have a right to your opinion, just one tiny thing: Stephenie Meyer does donate to charity. In fact she just hosted an auction for Breast Cancer in March. And auctioned off a themed skateboard that was made for the occasion for the benefit of the homeless.

• Maya Za... Meg ~Co... 2011/12/25 15:09:45
    Maya Zauberman
    Two words. THANK. YOU. Several more words. FOR. SAYING.THAT. Sorry, I had to scream that.
  • Maya Za... Maya Za... 2011/12/25 15:10:34
    Maya Zauberman
    oh and this is to Meg-Complica, not to Kayela
  • GrumpyCat Kayela 2009/08/20 15:32:48
    GrumpyCat
    No. I won't. I have the right to an opinion and I will say it. You can love twilight all you want but sweetie it will never love you back.
  • Cookie-... Kayela 2009/08/20 15:48:41
  • Pandemonium 2009/08/20 06:29:44
    I agree and dislike Smeyer
    Pandemonium
    +1
    She just figured out how to use words like crack instead of trying to develop her skills as an author. Not only that, but her book gets leaked, and all the sudden, she hates her life and doesn't want to write that Midnight Sun whatever. Perhaps she should not pay so much attention to her hair and retake english.
  • .Kira. 2009/08/20 06:27:59
    I agree and dislike Smeyer
    .Kira.
    +1
    She's a total beetch..
  • Tianna 2009/08/20 06:26:11
    I agree and dislike Smeyer
    Tianna
    +1
    i don't get why she won;t reply to fan mail.... I can appreciate the twilight series... but to say she is better than Austen AND Shakespear??? IS SHE NUTS??? She could never be in the same calibur as them, let alone rowling!!!! I have to disagree with the anti-feminism, only cuz, I don't see how that has relevance in the book? (if you don't mind explaining why, I'm open-minded!!;p) I don't like the fact that she refuses to finish the last book (Midnight Sun) because it was leaked by HER PPL!!! She is a little weird, and honestly, she should def be donating some of that cash to charity... --God doesn't like ugly right?
  • Kayela Tianna 2009/08/20 08:10:48
    Kayela
    +2
    SHE IS NOT NUTS YOU IDIOT
  • Tianna Kayela 2009/08/20 08:15:47
    Tianna
    +1
    why am I an idiot? Because this woman compares herself to some of the greatest authors and writers in the history of all time??? I love the twilight books, I own all of them. I'm not saying she's a bad author, but certainly not on the scale of shakespeare and Jane Austen... sorry!!!! And according to my statistics, HP is still selling millions around the world.... don't get over excited there killa!!!!
  • GrumpyCat Kayela 2009/08/20 15:33:47
    GrumpyCat
    Yes she is.
  • Tacy Kayela 2009/08/31 21:59:16
  • Dead St... Tianna 2009/08/20 08:35:02 (edited)
    Dead Star ~ In MUSE I trust
    +1
    The books are anti-feminist because she portrays Bella as a weak little female who can't go a day without a man or else she contemplates suicide.
  • Tianna Dead St... 2009/08/20 08:42:29
    Tianna
    +1
    again I have to disagree, I got from the books, that she was a weak person (her constant tripping over her own feet, always second guessing herself) Didn't she contemplate suicide after Edward left her abruptly in New Moon? If you have ever been in serious love, the thought of losing the person you love more than life itself, can def have that effect on you. No?
  • Dead St... Tianna 2009/08/20 08:49:10 (edited)
    Dead Star ~ In MUSE I trust
    +2
    I've never been in serious love, and if the descriptions in Twilight are correct, I don't want to be. I don't think it's healthy to love one person so much that when you lose them you lose yourself as well.

Just recently I've lost my aunt and two pets, within the space of 3 months. I know it's not the same as romantic love, but I still loved them in a way. I was upset, but now I can look back and smile, instead of look back and cry. I just think the whole 'Edward, the stalker boy friend who never let me see my best friend, has left me, I'm going to be depressed for the rest of my life' is particularly realistic. Or not to me anyway, because I'm a get-on-with-it sort of person.
  • Tianna Dead St... 2009/08/20 08:54:14
    Tianna
    +1
    well I can only say what I know.... I loved my daughter (I know it's different kind of love again) so much!!! She was the light in my dark world.... when she died I didn't know how to wake up and go forward.... I've always been a get over it real quick kinda person too, but when I lost the one person who showed me unconditional love, I was lost for a long while.... it wasn't until my husband Joe came along did I finally let go a bit.... I couldn't live without Joe, knowing what he has done for me (knowing I could live without my daughter wasn't easy, but I'm doing it everyday.. and it's super hard!!!) he brought the light back, after spending 2 years in total darkness... (does that make sense?)
  • Dead St... Tianna 2009/08/20 08:59:11
    Dead Star ~ In MUSE I trust
    +1
    Mmhmm, I'm sorry for your loss. I think it depends on the person. I can't see myself being depressed and super upset when my parents die (or someone else equally as close), because we talk about it openly, and I know that I deal with death pretty well.

I honestly think it comes down to the individual. Some people cope with it better than others, and in different ways. It's just the fact that in Twilight, she's, what...16? and she's already fallen for the first guy that's turned her head. That's only a year and a half ahead of me, and I can't see myself falling in love that quickly and completely XD
  • Tianna Dead St... 2009/08/20 09:02:07
    Tianna
    +1
    I hear you.. and trust me when I was 16, I felt the same way. I thought they were drawn towards each other (It's happened before I mean edward and bella, I guess it's how you interpret it right?).... Oh well.... It will be nice when all the movies come out, so the twilight craze and those crazy comments on here (ie: Alice below) finally fade away and something else comes out!!! lmao!!!
  • Dead St... Tianna 2009/08/20 09:05:26
    Dead Star ~ In MUSE I trust
    Yeah, I can't wait for it all to die down! But Meyer's said she's waiting for all the fuss to die down and THEN she'll release Midnight Sun.

wait die meyers shes waiting fuss die release midnight sun
  • Tianna Dead St... 2009/08/20 09:17:37
    Tianna
    +1
    she'll be waiting a long time.... it shoudl end by the time breaking dawn hits dvd
  • GrumpyCat Tianna 2009/08/20 15:35:09
    GrumpyCat
    But do you think the books are anti-feminist?
  • Tianna GrumpyCat 2009/08/22 12:08:49
    Tianna
    No I don't... I think "Old Soul" comes into play.... I can understand where people might get that from, but to me, I felt that she was just an old soul, who should have been born around the time Edward was, and that time, anti-feminism was abundant!!
  • GrumpyCat Tianna 2009/08/25 17:00:18
    GrumpyCat
    +1
    I think it has to do with the fact that she is a Mormon and that is why all the women in twilight submit to their men and don't fight.
  • Tianna GrumpyCat 2009/08/29 12:16:12
    Tianna
    +1
    it's possible!!! That is actually a really good idea!!
  • Vic~*PH... Tianna 2009/08/25 02:01:27
    Vic~*PHAET*~
    +1
    Well, I've been in serious love, and I've been left the same way as Bella was, I haven't had the urge to off myself.

Bella probably wouldn't have tried it if she had been more social and hadn't thought that all the other people besides Angela and Jacob were crappy and she was above them. She would have had someone to lean on then. It would have been more realistic in heartbreak and a better way to develop a possible relationship with Jacob.
  • Tianna Vic~*PH... 2009/08/29 12:18:38
    Tianna
    +2
    Yeah your probably right!! But sometimes, it's the character flaws that make it such a good book... I know lots of ppl who alienate themselves from reality and then get mad when their whole life falls apart, (for whatever reason) and then get upset at those they alienate for staying away!!! I totally understand!!
  • Vic~*PH... Tianna 2009/08/29 17:22:57
    Vic~*PHAET*~
    +1
    I do believe that I am right, not to sound arrogant, but I do.

I didn't mean that she became angry with those she alienated, but more that she distanced herself even further -.- A normal girl would have turned to her friends, no matter how close, and sought comfort in them. Meyer tried to exaggerate Bella's feelings even more by having her bottle them up and then frolick with Jacob like a tease.

I know that when I personally was left I had two friends, both a boy and a girl, who knew every detail of what I was feeling and what was bothering me and two other girls who also were comfort when I couldn't speak to the regulars. Bella sat at her lunch table silently for months at a time and ignored everyone and everything like a zombie. You don't alienate people to that extreme - it's not healthy and any parent with half a brain (and Meyer made most of her adults detached morons) would throw their child into therapy.
  • Tianna Vic~*PH... 2009/08/29 18:43:16
    Tianna
    +2
    I can def see your point and when put like that I can honestly see that your 100% right. I've been there and your right, I went straight to my friends and seeked them for consoling and comfort.... Thanks for putting it into a different light!! Thanks
  • Vic~*PH... Tianna 2009/08/29 20:58:26
    Vic~*PHAET*~
    +1
    Welcome, it's just how I see it. I think Meyer was trying to make Bella a heroine or something like that with those actions maybe, I dunno.

I think that going to friends is the healthiest thing to do because you're getting it out there, that never happened in the book. =/ It puzzled me as to why.
  • Tianna Vic~*PH... 2009/08/29 21:10:32
    Tianna
    +2
    yeah I know, and then as her friends they just took her back!!!! I wouldn't have!!! I think Meyers is an ok writer, but def not on the standard or shakespeare or J. Austen..... can you believe that is what she said???
  • Vic~*PH... Tianna 2009/08/29 21:46:06
    Vic~*PHAET*~
    +1
    I don't think I'd tolerate her from jump if she just left me for some guy. It's like an unwritten rule, as I'm sure you know, to never take a boy over your friends as a girl.

Oh, I can. -.- She seems to believe that she's unbelievable, she's mediocre if you ask me. Her characters need serious development, moreover she needs to set down the thesarus and step away.

I think what offends me most is her claiming she's better than Rowling, who wove a complicated plot and had deep characters with morals that spanned seven novels with very few plot holes. Each character that had a destiny in her novels and weren't there to create more filler and length.

Perhaps someday she'll redeem herself, but she's got a long way to go for now. -.-
  • Tianna Vic~*PH... 2009/08/29 21:52:58
    Tianna
    +1
    I agree 100%.... Rowling is a wonderful writer who truly put her heart into writing (that's why she is to this day the only writer to reach over 1 billion in book sales alone) I thought her characters were well planned out and the story felt so real you actually thought there was a real hogwarts (I'm obsessed) In twilight, your right, toooo many holes, and it did seem like she used a thesaurus way too much and most of it was about peoples faces and repeatitive ideas.... I begged my mom to read it, (she loves vampire novels) she HATES bella, she thinks she's selfish, obnoxious, whiney, and just plain annoying!!!! and couldn't understand how the character of Bella came to be???? My mom vowed never again!!! lol
  • Vic~*PH... Tianna 2009/08/29 22:18:10
    Vic~*PHAET*~
    +2
    Rowling is simply stunning, and she's such a great writer. She really shaped my whole childhood with those novels and was a major part of why I got into reading and writing.

I liked the Twilight books for a while and could finish the first three in a single afternoon each after I purchased them. Once, I was looking up information online I found that Meyer said in a public interview that "the Vampires could never have children because they have no bodily fluid like sperm and no menstrual cycles." And then came Breaking Dawn, and it just crashed around me when I read that Bella was pregnant, it literally floored me that an author would go back publicly and lie about something like that to her fans. That's something I respected about Rowling - when Oprah or some interviewer asked her if there would be anymore Harry Potter books, she sort of just smiled and said, "You never know, maybe someday."

There were no definites, and even when fans would guess peices of the plot on her website she always denied so that she would never be stuck with something or leak information. She'd praise their ideas and tell them it was a very good idea but not in the novel.

Bella, the anti's believe, is Meyer written into the story. In literary elements Bella is a "Mary Sue" or a too perfect char...

Bella, the anti's believe, is Meyer written into the story. In literary elements Bella is a "Mary Sue" or a too perfect character. Her personality is very annoying. I think one thing that absolutely made me hate her was that she is just SO willing to leave everyone - her friends and family - forever so that she can be with Edward. She has no feelings of guilt about the fact that her family is never going to see her again, that they will die and she won't, that her friends will never see her, that they too will die like her family.
  • Tianna Vic~*PH... 2009/08/29 22:25:29
    Tianna
    +1
    I didn't know about the Vamps and children bit..... I wondered the same thing and so did my husband (he didn't read them, he was told the story by me lol) he said it was stupid and he couldn't wait to see the new movie so he can abuse it at the theatre. I agree with you on Rowling 100%, I've always been a reader (like my mom;0) and when I found HP I was completely smitten, I even read most of the first book to my daughter. I can appreciate JK's writing because she puts real life ideaologies into her stories and it made you apart of the fantasy world, how each character (good and bad) called to you, how you saw yourself in that character and could relate. Smeyers books, were just about love and more love and glitter!!! (I HATE THAT) Her characters were unfounded, unresearched and so plain, that you could only stand it for so long. I thought out of all of them Jacob was the most on point and even then eh!!! Oh well, hopefully she stops writing for a while and takes a few classes.... I don't think ever in the history of books, will she ever be on the same page let alone the same book, as Rowling, Shakespeare and Austen..... EVER!!!
  • Vic~*PH... Tianna 2009/08/30 01:03:12
    Vic~*PHAET*~
    +1
    Completely agreed. It frustrated me a lot and I, like your husband, am going to be sure to go see it in the theatre so I can mock it.

I've always said that I'll read the HP books to my kids if I ever have any, they were far too good : )

I certainly hopes she takes a few writing workshops, or at least tells her fans to chill the heck out and stop killing each other (it's true, really). It'd make things so much easier...
  • Tianna Vic~*PH... 2009/08/30 12:09:41
    Tianna
    +1
    every where right!!! Some of those chicks are CRAZZZZY!!!!! You critique one little thing and they are all over you like a pack of wolves (hahahaha pun intended) we'll see what happened when New Moon comes out!
  • Vic~*PH... Tianna 2009/08/30 17:04:08
    Vic~*PHAET*~
    +1
    Right! lol. Nice pun, but we have to remember....Meyer's "wolves" aren't even wolves either *rolls eyes* blahh.

Rah, they'll be even worse when New Moon comes out. I'm trying to think of a good analogy currently but my frazzled brain is malfunctioning. That'll be a peak period. -.-
  • Tianna Vic~*PH... 2009/08/30 17:21:27
  • Vic~*PH... Tianna 2009/08/30 17:31:11
  • okapichurro 2009/08/20 05:33:52
    okapichurro
    She's obviously a pretty good author since she has that kind of fan-base. But I hate her books, and she's definitely not better than any of those other writers. A question: how come Darren Shan was never critically acclaimed like Stephanie Meyer? It's got vampires, and MORE! And the Cirque du Freak series is just plain amazing, can't wait for the movie (sorry to go off-topic)
  • Kayela okapich... 2009/08/20 08:11:29
    Kayela
    RONG SHE A GREAT WRITER

2014/07/29 22:56:46