Why do people (girls) like the twilight saga so much??

jessy 2011/01/19 21:55:04
Related Topics: Twilight
i want to know your thoughts on the topic, whether you enjoy reading the books or not. personally i really don't enjoy the books even though i only read the first one and that's it and it wasn't all that great anyways that people make it out to be.

• LetLoveGrow 2011/01/20 00:42:23 (edited)
    i hate it!!. .
    LetLoveGrow
    +3
    I think so many girls like it is because of the lack of character depth in Bella. This means that any girl can simply insert herself into the situation of falling in love, having a PERFECT man protect her for every little thing, and all that gushy love stuff. It's fanfiction, not decent literature, for pre-teens and Meyer was able to become RICH by it. It's unfortunate that so many girls consider this "literature" and believe Bella, who whines and can't do anything without her precious Edward at her side, is a good role model.

I gave the first book a fair chance and I hated it. The characters had no faults, they were all perfect. Bella says the stupidest things. Pages and pages of describing Edward's face is not my idea of fun.

I really hope that the pre-teens/teens who read this book aren't expecting to find their "Edward". I'm sorry girls, men aren't perfect and we aren't either. You are not going to find a man who is always paying attention to you and your needs 100% of the time. Finding a man who gets jealous of every guy near you or watches you sleep is a man you should get AWAY from!

I know a solution! GIRLS, pick up a book called: "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and your problems are solved!

• Amanda 2014/04/28 03:22:13
    i hate it!!. .
    Amanda
    I read Harry Potter before I read Twilight. When I read Twilight - when the hype was just starting - I found it a little boring. As much as I liked it at the time, I absolutely loathe it now, mostly because people don't sparkle. I found Harry Potter much more relevant to today's world - government, education system, and the whole good vs. evil thing.
  • anne 2012/12/23 14:10:40
    i hate it!!. .
    anne
    +1
    i'm a girl..a teenage girl..
    but i really hate twilight..!!
  • Hermione Granger 2012/08/31 09:57:23
    i hate it!!. .
    Hermione Granger
    +2
    Team Harry all the way !!!!! twilight sucks
  • cɸcɸfɭɐɱiɲɠɸ⓻⓵⓵ 2011/01/29 22:22:36
    Because it's awesome!!. .
    cɸcɸfɭɐɱiɲɠɸ⓻⓵⓵
    +1
    LOVE IT
    effing amazing
  • jessy cɸcɸfɭɐ... 2011/01/30 00:37:46
    jessy
    +1
    why do you think so?
  • Sunshine 2011/01/24 04:41:25
    undecided. .
    Sunshine
    +1
    I personally think its because secretly or not so secretly girls / women want to have that relationship with someone. The one where you could walk into a room filled with Victoria Secret models but to him you are the most beautiful. His every breath is for you and your every breath is his motivation. Who wouldn't want that?
  • jessy Sunshine 2011/01/24 20:32:49
    jessy
    very true i understand that, wat girl/woman wouldn't want that, but within the book itself the big hype of it and the characters especially, its not that great of a book. just that it hapened to catch alot of attention and it read by alot of preteens that aren't into the harry potter thing but for vampires and love so they went for twilight.
  • Chanel 2011/01/21 19:14:39
    Because it's awesome!!. .
    Chanel
    +1
    I like it. :)
  • jessy Chanel 2011/01/21 23:55:48
    jessy
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! lol sorry!
  • VoodooDemon 2011/01/20 16:25:41
    i hate it!!. .
    VoodooDemon
    +1
    I'm a girl and I don't like Twilight. It's absolutely boring. It's not a horrible concept but it's just so watered down and uninteresting.
  • jessy VoodooD... 2011/01/20 21:45:23
    jessy
    +1
    yea i understand about the concept thing too but come on have some originality for once. there are many way's besides romance to have a good vampire book. and it's ridiculous how some of these people make it seem it's THE greatest book and her writing is AMAZING! pfft. lol ^.^
  • VoodooD... jessy 2011/01/21 04:55:17
    VoodooDemon
    +1
    Agreed. I don't mind that it's a love story but Twilight doesn't even work as a love story. There is absolutely no chemistry between Edward and Bella, not in the movies or the books.

There are actually some interesting secondary characters like Carlisle and Charlie - just to name a few - yet we get the two most bland, terribly-written characters as our leads.
  • jessy VoodooD... 2011/01/21 16:44:25
    jessy
    +1
    lol very true. especially the last part you wrote ^.^
  • rileybriboy 2011/01/20 02:58:23
    i hate it!!. .
    rileybriboy
    +1
    its because they want to imagine themselves in a magical place with vampires that sparkle and don't kill anything
  • jessy rileybr... 2011/01/20 21:45:46
    jessy
    it's not that great lol. totally agree
  • cɸcɸfɭɐ... rileybr... 2011/01/29 22:23:19
  • rileybr... cɸcɸfɭɐ... 2011/01/29 22:28:04
    rileybriboy
    +1
    Twilight sucks period
  • cɸcɸfɭɐ... rileybr... 2011/01/29 22:36:27
    cɸcɸfɭɐɱiɲɠɸ⓻⓵⓵
    i dont read twilight becuz im imagining myself in bellas position i read becuz its romantic and sweet and awesome and btw the vampires do kill people
  • rileybr... cɸcɸfɭɐ... 2011/01/29 22:38:55
    rileybriboy
    +1
    Oh but they sparkle im sorry but VAMPIRES DONT FREAKING SPARKLE IF THEY ARE INTRODUCED TO SUNLIGHT THEY BURN TO A BLOODY CRISP PILE OF ASHES AND THEY ALSO TURN INTO BATS AND DONT FALL IN LOVE WITH GIRLS AND WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME A VAMPIRE WASNT VIOLENT? RIDDLE ME THAT ONE
  • jessy rileybr... 2011/01/30 00:40:32
    jessy
    lol ^.^
  • jessy cɸcɸfɭɐ... 2011/01/30 00:40:10
    jessy
    ok romantic and sweet, perhaps. but awesome??!! *rolls eyes* i'm sure.
  • jessy rileybr... 2011/01/30 00:38:56
    jessy
    thank you!! lol
  • jessy cɸcɸfɭɐ... 2011/01/30 00:38:39
    jessy
    pfft! you're opinion
    i hate it!!. .
    LetLoveGrow
    +3

• jessy LetLove... 2011/01/20 21:48:20
    jessy
    +1
    OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! thank you. i totally agree with 100% of what you wrote and ESPECIALLY about your last sentence. harry potter books are WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! better. it's most shocking when they talk about how twilight is a better book than the harry potter series pfft >.>
  • LetLove... jessy 2011/01/20 23:01:20 (edited)
    LetLoveGrow
    +1
    haha, no problem! I just wrote what I truly felt! HP fans unite!! :D
    If they compare Twilight to HP, they clearly haven't read HP!! I hate when people bash a series and they haven't even given it a try. And for those Twitards who HAVE read HP and dislike it....did they get dropped on their head when they were younger? xD

I feel the need to post this whenever there is a "Team Edward vs. Team Jacob" question. :P
    bash series twitards read hp dropped head younger xd team harry
  • jessy LetLove... 2011/01/21 01:35:03
    jessy
    +1
    yea!!! lol like i'm a huge fan of vampires and all but i rather much go on with harry potter books than twilight >.> like the book is freaking amazing and not just a "nerd" book, it's so much more than that that those twilight fans would never understand thats why they read those 5th grade level books and not a well written etc. . lol book like harry potter. i agree with you on the dropped on the head theory lol.
    please continue on with your post for these type of questions lol. very awesome!!
  • Sunshine LetLove... 2011/01/24 04:44:19
    Sunshine
    +2
    LOL @ "Finding a man who get jealous of every guy near you and watches you sleep is a man you should get AWAY From!" If that is not the truth spoken right there!
  • Cheesy Steve 2011/01/19 22:21:45
    undecided. .
    Cheesy Steve
    +1
    I haven't read the books in entirety or watched the movies. I am, however, familiar with enough of the content of the books to know that Bella doesn't exactly make a great role model for young girls, and Edward isn't exactly ideal boyfriend material for said girls to be looking towards. Very few people I know who have read the books have gotten much literary enjoyment out of it. I mean, shoot... people who don't even read much at all are settling down to inhale the entire series! My point being: Preteen and immature teen girls are getting the WRONG kind of enjoyment out of these books, and I feel Stephanie Meyer has taken advantage of them.
    SO, in that respect... I'm not super keen on Twilight.
  • jessy Cheesy ... 2011/01/19 22:32:06
    jessy
    +1
    i agree with you entirely and well the book in my opinion sucks for better words :)
  • Cheesy ... jessy 2011/01/19 22:46:20
    Cheesy Steve
    +1
    Ha! I can't say that (having not read the whole thing) but barring that... I'm inclined to agree!
  • jessy Cheesy ... 2011/01/19 22:50:42
    jessy
    lol ^.^
  • Meme 2011/01/19 22:02:49 (edited)
  • jessy Meme 2011/01/19 22:05:40
    jessy
    how does it interest you?? and what makes it so cool??
  • Meme jessy 2011/01/20 21:07:22
    Meme
    it makes it cool because it got vampires in it:)
  • jessy Meme 2011/01/20 21:49:40
    jessy
    +1
    pfffft. . .they're hardly even vampires. the only thing they have similar to a real vampire is the crave for flood and they're immortal but that's it.
  • Meme jessy 2011/01/20 22:03:42
    Meme
    never ask your oppinion!!!
  • jessy Meme 2011/01/21 01:43:22
    jessy
    +1
    well i dont care much for your opinion as well seeing as you cant have much of a civilized debate without lashing out on people that don't have the same views like you.
  • fairiefang -annoying fashio... 2011/01/19 22:01:47
    i hate it!!. .
    fairiefang -annoying fashion snobs everywhere-
    +1
    I guess they like having pathetic, boring Mary Sue's as role models
    They like men who sparkle, creep on girls while they are sleeping, and are afraid of women.
    They like little boys who get whiny and pesky when they don't get what (or who) they want.
    They don't like books with real action or drama
    They think the girl fainting when the guy kisses her is hot
    They like hideous look actors (as far as the films go)
    They think losers who go to high school over and over and over and over again are cool

...yeah, I real don't get the twitards
    actors films losers high school cool yeah real twitards twitards actors films losers high school cool yeah real twitards twitards
  • jessy fairief... 2011/01/19 22:06:05
    jessy
    +1
    thank you!! lol
    do you read any vampire novels, etc??

2014/10/23 00:53:07