Why Do Men Play Mind Games? Here is some information I came across online some months ago that I found interesting. Yes, it is one of the age-old questions relating to the relationship between men and women. Thoughts?

MoonDance 2009/11/04 06:35:10
A. My Thoughts Are:
B. My Thoughts Are:
For a long period of time mind games have been the cause of argument and disagreement between women and men. While both sides blame each other one should remember that there are two sides to a coin. It is true that both women and men like to play mind games with each other but when it comes to blaming, they invariably and without fail, blame each other.

Nobody cares to see that they, too, are the accused ones whilst they are pointing their fingers at somebody else. So why do men play mind games with the women they LOVE? Here are the top 3 reasons:

1. Emotional Insecurity (Man is immature or doesn’t know how to show/tell his true feelings.)
2. Play..Just to Play (Tease a girl or have a sense of superiority.)
3. Dishonesty (Use the game just to get the girl in bed and that’s it.)

• MrDazzling~ 2009/11/04 18:16:27
    A. My Thoughts Are:
    MrDazzling~
    +4
    I think most people play mind games, but not all. That is the challenge is finding or being found by someone who will love and appreciate you as much as you do them. While I have always been a very generous and giving person. I have found myself used as a doormat many times. Do I let it make me bitter or sad, nope, as I like to say, God moves one aside so a better person can come along, and one did... remember happiness breeds happiness, sadness well only brings more sadness. If you feel used and or abused, brush it off and move on...

• jms948 2010/10/20 13:58:44
    B. My Thoughts Are:
    jms948
    I honestly DO NOT believe that emotionally secure, mature adults play so-called "mind games."
    Why would anyone allow themselves to be in a relationship with an immature--insecure person unless they, themselves, had similar problems? jms
  • cosmiceyes versus Marxist s... 2010/01/21 22:13:06
    B. My Thoughts Are:
    cosmiceyes versus Marxist sock puppets!
    To choose one of the three I would have to take sides with a point I don't live to think. So I would be guessing. Judgment is just that an of no value if unless you actually suffer from one of the three.Then can the point be really honest?
    My heart hurts for you as you have been so trusting an giving of yours to only suffer such damage.My heart suffers for the children of this world that go hungry,but I cannot feed them all.So I give what I can.I wish I knew what to give to make you feel you are loved!
  • Anthony 2009/11/19 16:19:43
    B. My Thoughts Are:
    Anthony
    +1
    Figuratively speaking, six one way and a half dozen the other way.....Not gonna try to be or sound like a counselor which I am not by a long shot.....Speaking from experience,Sometimes we already know or the type we're attracted too but deep inside of us we want to change and mold the other person.......Having such thoughts,we're only setting ourselves up for a fall.Be honest with your emotions and give youeself some selfrespect.......
  • Treasure ♥ijm♥ 2009/11/04 19:01:55 (edited)
    A. My Thoughts Are:
    Treasure ♥ijm♥
    +2
    I believe both men and women can play the mind game thing and I am NOT into games. I love to play but not at the expense of people's feelings.
  • MoonDance Treasur... 2009/11/04 20:26:59
    MoonDance
    +1
    Well that makes two of us, Treasure! : )
  • MrDazzling~ 2009/11/04 18:16:27
    A. My Thoughts Are:
    MrDazzling~
    +4
  • MoonDance MrDazzl... 2009/11/04 18:26:33
    MoonDance
    +2
    Mr. D....I always look forward to reading your mature, insiteful answers. : )

"God moves one aside so a better person can come along"......what a powerful thought. Yes, I do think that when you find someone that you have mutual love and appreciation for...it is so rewarding. Thank you for sharing, Mr. D. answers god moves person powerful mutual love appreciation rewarding sharing
  • MrDazzl... MoonDance 2009/11/04 18:40:56
    MrDazzling~
    +2
    Your welcome little Lady, that is what friends are for...
  • Blondie... MrDazzl... 2009/11/04 18:56:56
  • MrDazzl... Blondie... 2009/11/04 19:15:58
  • done with SH 2009/11/04 15:24:19
    B. My Thoughts Are:
    done with SH
    +4
    I'll say it w/ a song lol!

But I'll add I think both people bring into a relationship what they learned growing up, what they saw in their parents...both good and bad. So many other things can contribute, such as relationships w/ peers and siblings, media influence. Just my thoughts!

Both need to give up the selfish desire for control and replace that w/ a sense of "what does my partner need from me, what can I do for her/him" somehow both benefit and will find their needs being met! But if they both don't grow up, stop blaming each other and/or their past...it won't work.
  • MoonDance done wi... 2009/11/04 17:17:28
    MoonDance
    +2
    Hi Lady!! I couldn't agree with you more! And thanks for the song!!!
  • asalways just ed 2009/11/04 13:42:18
    B. My Thoughts Are:
    asalways just ed
    +1
    Most women don't believe men have a mind. LOL The games are the animal instincts we have have the hunt. Many men love the hunt it is a game. many women love the hunt it is a game. If both realized the true need for one another and the big picture they would find peace.

as always

just ed
  • MoonDance asalway... 2009/11/04 17:18:47
    MoonDance
    HI Ed. I love your perspective. I think you are so right on with the hunt stuff. Bravo!
  • asalway... MoonDance 2009/11/05 15:43:30
    asalways just ed
    +1
    Thank you, as always just ed
    A. My Thoughts Are:
    +1
    Pot, meet Kettle!
  • MoonDance Lady Wh... 2009/11/04 17:19:11
    MoonDance
    LOL
  • melo 2009/11/04 07:56:54
    A. My Thoughts Are:
    melo
    im sorry, but both men and women play mind games, the only differance is, that women do it better!! and when we get cought, we know how to use our tears to get out of it!! if your good at the game any way!! come girls, admit that you use your girly charms to get what you want!! and to make the men think their the better gamers!!
  • Turtle72 2009/11/04 06:47:59
    A. My Thoughts Are:
    Turtle72
    +1
    That is very true! Men and woman are alike more than people really care to admit. We ALL play mind games for the SAME reason! But just remember this. Don't be so quick to blame someone else cause when you point a finger at someone you have 3 pointing right back at you.
  • MoonDance Turtle72 2009/11/04 06:50:21
    MoonDance
    Good Point!
  • Alex 2009/11/04 06:42:53
    A. My Thoughts Are:
    Alex
    +1
    If you think men have a monopoly on mind games I can assure you that you are mistaken.
  • MoonDance Alex 2009/11/04 06:46:57
    MoonDance
    I didn't say it. Just copy and pasted the article. But thank you for the clarification!
  • Alex MoonDance 2009/11/04 06:48:32
    Alex
    +1
    What's your opinion on the subject?
  • MoonDance Alex 2009/11/04 06:57:40
    MoonDance
    +1
    I think mind games can be played by both men and women, for sure. However, being a straight woman..I will say....I do become quite annoyed with men's mind games. In all honesty, if I could put a dollar away for every minute I've wasted in my life trying to figure out a man I've liked, I'd be pretty comfy financially speaking.

I prefer a more direct approach in my life. Unfortunately, I am one of the rare ones. : (
  • Alex MoonDance 2009/11/04 06:59:22
    Alex
    +1
    We have that in common. Just tell it like it is right? I couldn't agree more.
  • MoonDance Alex 2009/11/04 07:04:15
    MoonDance
    +1
    Absolutely. Here's my motto: "Say what you mean and mean what you say." When things are done that way, there is not alot of time wasted wondering. Also, tell me if you agree on this, when someone plays games or is not direct with answers...it's usually because they are lying.
  • Alex MoonDance 2009/11/04 07:10:38
    Alex
    +1
    Sometimes I think it's just because they like to be a pain in the ass. Why anyone would want to be one of those, I have no idea.
  • MoonDance Alex 2009/11/04 07:16:28
    MoonDance
    +1
    Haha! Great answer, Alex! I couldn't agree with you more!
  • runningintriangles 2009/11/04 06:36:05
    B. My Thoughts Are:
    runningintriangles
    +4
    ...that women also play mind games.

As an individual that has dated both men and women, I can tell you they're equal in that department.
  • MoonDance running... 2009/11/04 06:38:36
    MoonDance
    +1
    Yes, I'm sure women do. I think the info that this article relates to was specifically for men. But ...you know what? Women can use all those same excuses too! So..you are correct. Thanks for sharing.

2014/10/26 04:23:59