Who's The New Spider-Man?

Film 2010/05/28 02:46:01
The new “Spider-Man” movie is being spun, with a director and an opening date nailed down. The director is Marc Webb, who helmed last summer's indie hit, "(500) Days of Summer." The premiere date is July 3, 2012. But the question most people want answered remains a mystery: who’s going to take over the tights from Tobey?

Since Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst will not be returning to this installment of the film franchise, which is an origin story, the hunt is on for a new leading man. According to The Hollywood Reporter, director Marc Webb has started to narrow down the casting list.

And the final five are…(drum roll please)….

1.   Jamie Bell, who first made a splash in “Billy Elliot,” his film debut from 2000. He is also scheduled to star in “The Adventures of Tintin” for director Steven Spielberg.

2.   Alden Ehrenreich was discovered in a bat mitzvah video, of all things, by Steven Spielberg, of all people. Ehrenreich has already starred in Francis Ford Coppola’s “Tetro” and has a role in Sofia Coppola’s upcoming “Somewhere.”

3.   Frank Dillane played the young Tom Riddle in the last Harry Potter film. And that’s it. Well, he would certainly fulfill the “Unknown To Play Spidey!” headline.

4.   Andrew Garfield appeared in Terry Giliam’s “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus” and in the British “Red Riding” trilogy. He’s the oldest actor of the bunch, at 27. Too old to play young Spidey?

5.   Josh Hutcherson is on the other end of the age scale, the youngest of the group at 17. His recent credits include “Zathura” and “Journey to the Center of the Earth.” Despite his relative youth, he’s perhaps the most experienced of the actors in contention for the role.

Who gets your vote to don the coveted Spider-Man tights? Do you like any of these finalists, or do you have a candidate of your own in mind?

• pamela chaoski... 2010/05/29 13:42:42
    pamela
    Chaos, You are so right. Even though he is in the middle of filming the remake of Footloose, he would be the right age and physique to play Spidey. And to think i know this guy personally. My husband went to college with his mom and dad, his dad being the football jock. Chace's grandparents are the one's who sponsored my hubby and father in law with scholarships to come to the USA from China. His mother Dana along with her mom, held our rehearsal dinner. Our wedding was at the Church campus where they all did college. After graduation, they moved to Texas. We went down upon his grandfathers passing. I met him and boy he looks a lot like his mom. If i was only 19 again.
  • chaoski... pamela 2010/05/29 23:48:30
    chaoskitty123
    +1
    Yeah, the reason he's a front runner is the producers don't want a fresh faced kid whose the hit of the moment, they're looking for someone like Christian Bale with the superstar edge from what most are saying. Some didn't like Toby McGuire as Spiderman because he doesn't have that type of look but he does fit the character perfectly in regards to the traditional Peter Parker look.

The reason I think Chase could get the nod is I looked at all the other choices and to be honest, they're not the superhero type and they just don't have the Peter Parker feel. You can imagine Chase in this role because he has that mature boyish look which allows him to play the younger Parker like Bale played a younger looking Bruce Wayne and that's key here because most of the actors chosen either are too young to pull off the older grittier mature look and a couple look too mature for the role even though they're young men.

They want a cross medium look and someone who can play this role for the next decade.

Spiderman can't be recast like they are being forced to recast Ghost Rider as it looks like Nicholas Cage won't be able to do the sequel. But with Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze isn't the only one to be Ghost Rider as they also have the character Danny Ketch.

But there can be only one Spiderman and th...

But there can be only one Spiderman and they don't want to have to recast the role with each movie. Thus, Chase would be a perfect choice and if you check out photo's and vid clips from Youtube of the roles he's played, he definately has the ability to play a more mature character.

Rumor has it that they're planning the third movie in this series to be the now famous Death of Kraven storyline where they want Peter Parker older and... they may actually kill Spiderman in it if only briefly to set the stage for a third trinity of movies... and yet, they are looking forward to the 2020's lol.
  • pria** chaoski... 2010/05/30 05:41:58
    pria**
    he is too pretty...
    it's gonna be kinda hard to believe that he is a total nerd..
    when you always see him playing the hot one with the pretty chicks...
  • Ianstan BN-0 *Obama2012* 2010/05/29 08:22:33
    None of these are Spidey. My pick is...
    Ianstan BN-0 *Obama2012*
    meeee
  • Rude&Reckless 2010/05/29 06:59:04
    None of these are Spidey. My pick is...
    Rude&Reckless
    Nobody. Spider-Man is such a lame superhero (worsted only by Superman, perhaps). I say they let that movie franchise die out.

In fact, they should take all of the money they WERE gonna use for that and donate it to the producers of the new Batman movie series. Now that's going places!
  • apples.5 2010/05/29 04:31:09
    None of these are Spidey. My pick is...
    apples.5
  • sasori ... apples.5 2010/05/29 11:16:42
    sasori of the red sand
    eww
  • Red high priestess in Nyx I... 2010/05/29 03:34:52
    Jamie Bell
    Red high priestess in Nyx I trust
    My second pick would be Josh Hutcherson and than my Third pick would be Frank Dillane
  • jerrbear 2010/05/29 03:19:38
    None of these are Spidey. My pick is...
    jerrbear
    +1
    It's not going to be the same, Do we really need to do anymore spiderman movies?
  • y so serious 2010/05/29 02:53:57
    Josh Hutcherson
    y so serious
    +1
    I say Josh hutcherson, he's the right age, fit, and a brilliant actor

josh hutcherson josh hutcherson age fit brilliant actor
  • sasori ... y so se... 2010/05/29 11:16:49
    sasori of the red sand
    o no
  • y so se... sasori ... 2010/05/29 11:22:03
    y so serious
    wha?
  • sasori ... y so se... 2010/05/29 12:51:56
    sasori of the red sand
    the guy well is ugly i'm sorry to tell you that
  • y so se... sasori ... 2010/05/29 16:45:53
    y so serious
    +1
    Well so was the guy they picked for spiderman last time, at least this dude can act
  • sasori ... y so se... 2010/05/29 23:42:27
    sasori of the red sand
    i never heard of him
  • y so se... sasori ... 2010/05/30 08:51:12
    y so serious
    heard of who?
  • nnnn sasori ... 2010/05/31 04:10:37
    nnnn
    Josh hutcherson is hot! What are you talking about?!
  • sasori ... nnnn 2010/05/31 14:30:09
    sasori of the red sand
    costas mandylors hott!!!! costas mandylors hott costas mandylors hott costas mandylors hott
  • nnnn sasori ... 2010/05/31 17:13:28
    nnnn
    He is a tad too old...
  • sasori ... nnnn 2010/05/31 18:22:51
    sasori of the red sand
    whats a tad and no hes not i dont like it when ppl say tht it hurts me alot!!!
  • nnnn sasori ... 2010/05/31 19:05:57
    nnnn
    You are a moron.
  • sasori ... nnnn 2010/05/31 22:30:26
    sasori of the red sand
    i know everyone says that
  • nancydoodle 2010/05/29 02:25:19
    None of these are Spidey. My pick is...
    nancydoodle
  • y so se... nancydo... 2010/05/29 02:56:06
    y so serious
    +1
    You'd take him in anything, who he SHOULD be though, is Ironfist ironfist
  • nancydo... y so se... 2010/05/29 03:17:34
    nancydoodle
    +1
    i love how he plays the hero roles
  • y so se... nancydo... 2010/05/29 04:27:20
    y so serious
    He'll be great and Anna sophia robb would be perfect as Gwen, she's the right age and was in bridge to terrabithia with him anna sophia robb gwen shes age bridge terrabithia
  • sasori ... y so se... 2010/05/29 11:17:05
    sasori of the red sand
    ???
  • y so se... sasori ... 2010/05/29 11:22:26
    y so serious
    I'm talking about who should play gwwen stacy,
  • sasori ... y so se... 2010/05/29 12:52:11
    sasori of the red sand
    oh nver heard of her
  • nnnn sasori ... 2010/05/31 17:14:16
    nnnn
    Do you know anything about the spiderman series?
  • y so se... nnnn 2010/05/31 23:28:54
    y so serious
    Nope just launter appearently
  • nnnn y so se... 2010/05/31 17:14:35
    nnnn
    She would be great as Gwen!
  • y so se... nnnn 2010/05/31 23:28:45
    y so serious
    I know right!
  • sasori ... nancydo... 2010/05/29 11:16:57
    sasori of the red sand
    awesome
  • pamela nancydo... 2010/05/29 13:45:10
    pamela
    eww.
  • nnnn nancydo... 2010/05/31 17:14:48
    nnnn
    Hell no.
  • CCHHii<3 2010/05/29 02:18:14
    None of these are Spidey. My pick is...
    CCHHii<3
    i thought it's gonna be logan lerman??
  • y so se... CCHHii<3 2010/05/29 02:54:33
    y so serious
    +1
    cant act
  • CCHHii<3 y so se... 2010/05/29 02:55:47
    CCHHii<3
    what do u mean cant act??? ><''
  • y so se... CCHHii<3 2010/05/29 02:59:48
    y so serious
    +1
    As in his ablity to act convincingly is mediocre at best

2014/10/24 15:38:26