WHO REMEMBERS THIS GREAT SHOW; 'CHEERS'

BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/06/20 19:15:55
YES, I sure do and I still miss it.
NO, never saw it or liked it.

Cheers is an American situation comedy television series that ran for 11 seasons from 1982 to 1993. It was produced by Charles/Burrows/Charles Productions, in association withParamount Network Television for NBC, and was created by the team of James Burrows, Glen Charles, and Les Charles. The show is set in the Cheers bar (named for the toast "Cheers") in Boston, Massachusetts, where a group of locals meet to drink, relax, chat and have fun. The show's theme song, written and performed by Gary Portnoy, and co-written with Judy Hart Angelo, lent its famous refrain, "Where Everybody Knows Your Name", as the show's tagline.[1]

After premiering on September 30, 1982, it was nearly canceled during its first season when it ranked last in ratings for its premiere (77th out of 77 shows).[2] Cheers, however, eventually became a highly rated television show in the United States, earning a top-ten rating during 8 of its 11 seasons, including one season at #1. The show spent most of its run on NBC's Thursday night "Must See TV" lineup. Its widely watched series finale was broadcast on May 20, 1993. The show's 275 episodes have been successfully syndicated worldwide, and have earned 28 Emmy Awards from a then-record 117 nominations. The character Frasier Crane, played by Kelsey Grammer, was featured in his own successful spin-off, Frasier, which also ran for 11 seasons and included guest appearances by virtually all of the major, and some minor, Cheers characters. The only exceptions to this were Kirstie Alley and the deceasedNicholas Colasanto.

In 1997, the episodes "Thanksgiving Orphans" and "Home Is the Sailor" were respectively ranked No. 7 and No. 45 on TV Guide's 100 Greatest Episodes of All Time.[3] In 2002, Cheerswas ranked No. 18 on TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time.[4]

• Mikel_mad2002 2012/06/22 08:33:45
    YES, I sure do and I still miss it.
    Mikel_mad2002
    It was a great show
  • beach bum 2012/06/21 05:32:38
    YES, I sure do and I still miss it.
    beach bum
    yes
  • ruthannhausman 2012/06/20 21:49:07
    YES, I sure do and I still miss it.
    ruthannhausman
    I liked it best while Diane was on, although Kirstie Alley's character was a good one. It's just the chemistry and tom-foolery between Diane and Sam was priceless and extremely well written. I still crack up remembering the segment where Diane got caught under the wooden floorboards. Ahh, good comedy never leaves your memory!
  • Kat 2012/06/20 19:21:15
    YES, I sure do and I still miss it.
    Kat
    Who could forget?!

2014/10/25 03:45:44