Who is the real King? Michael Jackson or Elvis Presley?

CarelvdB 2012/11/18 10:28:57

• el nino 2014/09/06 17:58:55
    Michael Jackson
    el nino
    haha lets make a research go to the places outside america and ask this question i have done my own reserach to 20 people in Tanzania and Kenya and only 2 people know elvis...this shows that Michael jackson was the real King or Emperor who extended his fame, music, stardom , message Across boundaries ....Elvis was Good but never near to the Talented Michael jackspn
  • Louise Roos 2014/07/20 13:39:15
    Michael Jackson
    Louise Roos
    King MJ Won :)
  • ashley 2013/09/15 13:14:02
    Michael Jackson
    ashley
    +1
    michael jackson is the greatest entertainer that ever lived!!!
  • Mr.Sickboy50 2013/06/15 18:47:55
    Elvis Presley
    Mr.Sickboy50
    ELVIS! It was Mr.Presley, I tell you! He inspired so many more artists and he helped make rock n' roll hit it big! No doubt Michael Jackson was good, too, but Elvis has got to be the real king. Check out this website, it give full details of the two kings! http://www.oprah.com/oprahsho... Elvis
  • el nino Mr.Sick... 2014/09/06 18:02:22
    el nino
    +2
    he has never reached michaels level
  • lol345 2013/05/31 18:46:16
    Michael Jackson
    lol345
    +1
    I prefer Michael's style of music. And Michael Jackson sang about songs which highlighted issues like poverty, global hunger, planetary issues, deforestation, animal cruelty, racism, terror attacks, anti- gang violence and many more. He sang from his heart and I am able to connect with the soul behind his songs. So, Michael Jackson for me. :)
  • SAYED ISMAIL 2013/02/14 06:10:58
    Michael Jackson
    SAYED ISMAIL
    +2
    I MOSTLY LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON BUT HOW ELVIS IS GOOD AND ELVIS VOICE LIKE DOG VOICE THEN I HATE HIS ALL SONGS.I ALWAYS LOVE MICHAEL. THINK ABOUT ONE WORDS POP BETTER ROCK N ROLL.MICHAEL IS THE REAL KING AND REAL LEGEND.
  • SAYED I... 2013/04/30 15:37:22
    +4
    Are you Kidding ? First, please learn how to speak or write in English ! Michael was an okay singer, very squeaky. Elvis had a strong and unbelievable range with his voice. Michael stole many of Elvis' moves in the beginning. Yes. He did go on to be a great showman and dancer, but Elvis started it all !
    Fact ! Michael was a HUGE fan of Elvis' What does that tell You ? !!!!! Elvis has been gone 35 years and he still outsells M.J. He has a 24hr. radio station playing hit after hit. No one had more top 10 or top 100 hits, and when he did the first live world wide TV show it was seen by over 2 1/2 billian people. More than the first landing on the moon ! Who was King? No question. ELVIS !!!!!!
  • Missy J... 2013/07/12 00:07:15
    Missy Jackson
    Pardon me, but ARE YOU KIDDING???!! First of all, the girl who originally said this WAS speaking/writing in English, you just didn't like what it had said. Second, it is true that Elvis had a strong voice, but so did Michael!! He was not "squeaky" but has usually a high range. And with that range, he make beautiful and powerful music! Third, it is also true that THE IDEA of many of Michael's moves originated from other artists (James Brown; Elvis) Besides, even if he was "stealing" or "copying" others moves he had ALWAYS made the moves his own. He had perfected them, or made them better. He had his own style and made the moves for himself. Fourth, Michael may have been a huge fan of Elvis but so what? I'm honestly very confused, what does that tell me?? Nothing. So get over it and see that Michael is the King. And just so you know, you should see that 51% of the people on this poll is for Michael, whilst the other 49% is for Elvis. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU??!!
  • el nino 2014/09/06 18:05:40
    el nino
    +2
    i think u have forgot how michael jacksons thriller a 15 minute video which was played day and night by MTV, no one has dared try these, u have forgot how billie jean broked all cultural boundaries infact Michael jackson is the most famous person on earth
  • OMAR ISMAIL 2013/02/14 06:01:06
    Michael Jackson
    OMAR ISMAIL
    +2
    ELVIS CAN'T COMPARE MICHAEL.ELVIS IS NOT BETTER THAN MICHAEL BECAUSE MICHAEL IS THE GREATEST SINGER OF ALL ON EARTH SO MICHAEL JACKSON IS THE REAL KING BUT NO ONE CAN'T COMPARE MJ.
  • OMAR IS... 2013/05/02 00:59:20
    +1
    You obviously can't sing or have no clue about vocal ability, to make such a stupid statement. I am a singer and Elvis was the best and most versitile singer in history. Every major artist including MJ was influenced by the one and only King other than Jesus, and that's ELVIS
  • Missy J... 2013/07/12 00:12:53
    Missy Jackson
    Ummm who cares if you are a singer?? Who cares if people have no clue about vocal ability? Don't pass such judgement on an opinion, people have a right to say what they want on this website, it's what SodaHead is for!! It was not a stupid statement, it was her own thought that she should be able to express freely. Listen man, no one cares if you're a singer, we have heard Michael's music and we think that he is better. End of story. It shouldn't have to do with who's voice is stronger and had more range. And just so we're clear, Michael is the King.
  • Kary 2013/02/04 11:43:07
    Elvis Presley
    Kary
    +2
    The fans called Elvis the king.
    Jackson called himself that.
  • SAYED I... Kary 2013/02/14 06:14:39
  • Mr.Sick... SAYED I... 2013/06/15 19:06:01
    Mr.Sickboy50
    +2
    Stop being so hateful. I deeply love Elvis and he certainly doesn't deserve to be put down like that. You know Elvis's mother died at age 46 and Elvis got divorced after only 5 years of marriage? He also had a twin brother who was stillborn. The poor guy was only his happiest on a stage in front of an audience. He was always in a hospital and always needed support. He had various health issues and actually died of a heart attack at the age 42. Elvis had a very hard time making friends because he was so shy and different from the other kids at his school. Even as an adult he grew more and more isolated to other people, especially after his mother's death and divorce. Now I'm not saying Michael is bad or did not have a hard life. I know the struggles MJ had as well. I think Michael is a very cool artist and is pretty inspiring. My point here is that Elvis should not got to hell, and he doesn't deserve to be hated like that. Besides, why do you hate Elvis so much? Is it because you're jealous of his talents? You DO realize that Micheal Jackson was a fan of Elvis Presley, right? And that Elvis's daughter Lisa Maria actually MARRIED Micheal Jackson? Please don't start swearing at me or calling me names. I'm just simply trying to make peace here and defend my favorite singer. (here's a picture of Elvis and his beloved daughter, Lisa Marie) Elvis
  • Missy J... Kary 2013/07/12 00:15:04
    Missy Jackson
    Oh my gosh!! I keep hearing this everywhere!! Idiots who haven't done their research, listen up!! MICHAEL DID NOT CALL HIMSELF THE KING. HIS FIRST TIME BEING CALLED IT WAS BY ELIZABETH TAYLOR IN THE LATE 80s WHEN SHE HAD CALLED HIM THE "KING OF POP, ROCK & SOUL". And after that, it just stuck. :)
  • Louise ... Kary 2014/07/20 13:38:01
  • lill 2012/12/06 15:25:23
    Elvis Presley
    lill
    +2
    Is this a real question? There can only be one true King.
  • helene beckmann 2012/11/30 22:19:29
    Michael Jackson
    helene beckmann
    +1
    They are both kings! KIng of pop and King of rock n roll
  • Rania__98 2012/11/30 19:35:53
    Michael Jackson
    Rania__98
    they are both kings and they are both amazing and both have amazing voices but i personally prefer michael
  • Scrappyang 2012/11/21 23:13:42
    Elvis Presley
    Scrappyang
    +1
    Of course it is Elvis. Michael is the Prince, though.
  • SAYED I... Scrappyang 2013/02/14 06:18:34
    SAYED ISMAIL
    WHERE ELVIS IS GET THE KING TO HELL OR WHERE.MICHAEL IS ONLY GET THE KING SHOWS TO TV ON 80s.ONLY MICHAEL IS THE REAL KING.ELVIS IS ONLY THE PRINCE.
  • Scrappyang SAYED I... 2013/02/15 21:37:50
    Scrappyang
    +1
    We each have our opinions. Elvis had a bunch of movies and TV specials. He is King of Rock and Roll. He helped to make it main stream and influenced a lot of other musicians. if Michael is King of anything, it is pop. Both musicians were very good in what they performed. I really liked them both and both left us way too soon and so much more to accomplish.
  • SAYED I... Scrappyang 2013/02/21 05:50:42
    SAYED ISMAIL
    I ONLY LOVE MJ NOT ELVIS.
  • Scrappyang SAYED I... 2013/02/21 23:25:08
    Scrappyang
    That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Most of us who grew up in the 50's and 60's often have a different view. We lived through a time without any kind of rock at all until Elvis, Chuck Berry, and Bill hailey came along.
  • SAYED I... Scrappyang 2013/02/23 05:59:37
    SAYED ISMAIL
    please think about yourself. right
  • Scrappyang SAYED I... 2013/02/23 15:56:56
    Scrappyang
    No. I'll say it one more time and then not again! You are entitld to your opinion as I am to mine. You loe Mihael, I enjoyed his music, but put it into prospective from MY life experience. No moe, no less.
  • SAYED I... Scrappyang 2013/02/27 07:34:22
    SAYED ISMAIL
    do not reply me again. understood?
  • SAYED I... 2013/05/02 01:09:32
    +1
    If he won't I will. You and your lipstick should button it ! You make no sense !!! Michael was a okay singer. That's it. Elvis could do it all. Michael could not touch Elvis' range. That's just one of the ways you judge singing ability. If you had a crush on M. J.that's one thing, but you don't know anything about singing
  • SAYED I... 2013/05/02 01:04:44
    Who cares who you love ? Just don't think you can make stupid statements and not be called out on them.
  • SAYED I... 2013/05/02 01:03:18
    Did you use to hang out at Neverland ? Or what ever the F___ he called it. Cause you make about as much sense as a grown man hanging out with little boys in bed. M.J. King?
    NO WAY ? Queen ? Maybe
  • sunniday 2012/11/21 00:55:26
    Elvis Presley
    sunniday
    +2
    Very dumb question only 1KING! He is dead & His name was ELVIS only 1 name needs to be said,the other is really a want to be KING ,if you said Michael people would say Michael who.He idolized & envied EVIS not the other way around.
  • sunniday 2013/05/02 01:10:25
    Thank you !!! I totally agree.
  • Frannin 2012/11/20 22:23:34
    Elvis Presley
    Frannin
    +2
    Elvis paved the way.
  • RYKM 2012/11/19 05:47:40
    Michael Jackson
    RYKM
    +1
    They were both Kings. But Michael's my favorite.
  • Jezzi 2012/11/19 04:29:48
    Michael Jackson
    Jezzi
    +2
    They are both kings..... just kings of different genres
  • JwonGalt 2012/11/19 02:29:32
    Michael Jackson
    JwonGalt
    +3
    They are both kings.

But Michael Jackson just had so much...variety, Pop, rock, R&B;, rap. just what a variety
    Michael jackson
  • Lonzo 2012/11/19 00:43:10
    Elvis Presley
    Lonzo
  • phpak Lonzo 2012/11/19 20:27:51
    phpak
    +1
    Both are Kings and both super talented. One comes along for each generation and they were for theirs' and new ones are for now such as Usher, Bieber, Swift new Kings and Queens and lots of talent.

2014/10/01 14:43:01