Who do you really think is the Chosen One in the Harry Potter Series?

Tom Biddiscombe 2012/06/30 22:33:06
Harry Potter
Neville Longbottom
Both
The great thing about Harry Potter is JK Rowling leaves room for readers opinions on different aspects of the books.

I was watching Deathly Hallows part 2 the other day and it got me thinking. Neville has a great impact in Voldemort's downfall. Here are a few examples.

1- The way he spoke to Voldemort. This helped rally the others to keep fighting and without this bravery he would not of been able to get the sword of Gryffindor.

2- He killed Nagini which also gave others hope.

3- His general loyalty towards Dumbledore and his friends.

I don't think Neville appeared in the prophecy by mere coincidence. I don't think it was a matter of Trelawney not being able to pinpoint a individual.

Harry Potter
    It was him of course. How do you think the 1st Wand came to him?
  • Tom Biddiscombe 2012/07/01 07:53:22 (edited)
    Both
    Tom Biddiscombe
    +1
    If I remember correctly Voldemort chose Harry as his equal because He hand Harry were half blood. Neville was a pure blood and he disregarded Neville as a threat. Voldemort had a narrow mind about things in my opinion just like he didn't take notice of the protection. Harry got from his Mother's sacrifice.
  • Zuggi 2012/07/01 02:04:16
    Harry Potter
    Zuggi
    Because part of the prophecy was, if I remember correctly, "Voldemort will mark him as his equal". Neville could have fit, but Voldy didn't do that.
  • tobe 2012/06/30 23:57:05
    Harry Potter
    tobe
    But its like he said himself, he couldn't have done it alone. dumbledores army

2014/11/21 19:26:45