Who can tell the creepiest yet true story?

Jen**GPAC** 2008/06/16 19:27:37
9 votes
50%
5 votes
28%
3 votes
17%
1 vote
6%
0 votes
0%
0 votes
0%
0 votes
0%
Let's have a contest.. I was inspired by the Robert the Doll story poll I posted last Thursday.. tell your own story.. must be true and.. most important of all... must be creepy.. others rave only those you find to be really creepy and well told.. this won't last very long.. just until this Friday.. June the 20th.. no prizes.. but I will post a new poll after this with the four finalist.. and then I will do a poll after that with the winner's creepy story.. like I did with the Robert the Doll story.. Good luck and have a great time!!

Question Closed

• Voltron (Metal Wolf) 2008/06/16 19:53:30 (edited)
    Here is this story.. it actually happened to ME..
    Voltron (Metal Wolf)
    +12
    Okay here's a wierd one.
    A few years ago (I think I was about 10 at the time) I was staying the night at a friends house. When we woke up in the morning, my friend Dakota said that in the middle of the night, he had woken up and seen a dark shape with a pair of yellow eyes on the ceiling. He said the thing growled at him and moved out of the room, still crawling on the cieling. We though he was crazy, and he said "Look up". We looked; and there were scratch marks all over the cieling, leading to his door. They were faint but we could still see them. We followed the scratches to the entrance to his attic, where they stopped. None of us were brave enough to open it.

• lou lou 2008/06/17 23:19:39
    This actually happened to people I know..
    lou lou
    +5
    My nephew sees dead people. He will tell me not to go into a room because there is a guy with long white hair that wants to play with him. Some torment him and others he are fine with. He tells me what he sees all the time. You can see him interact with them. He was only 2 so he is not just making this up. Now I think it has slowed down some what.
  • Jen**GP... lou lou 2008/06/18 15:33:22
    Jen**GPAC**
    +3
    OMG.. I felt my hairs on the back of my neck stand up a bit.. and you aren't the type of gal that lies..
    omg felt hairs neck type gal lies
  • lou lou Jen**GP... 2008/06/18 18:21:43
    lou lou
    +3
    No I am a skeptic at heart, but when you see a 2 year old talking to the air, along with his describtions of what he sees and hears. Being from Indonesia he is not influenced by the media and his family is quite simple and very religious.
  • Jen**GP... lou lou 2008/06/18 21:31:53
    Jen**GPAC**
    +2
    Oh wow.. I bet he does see them then.. does your husband believe in ghosts or jins.. I am beginning to believe all this stuff are caused by wacky jins..
  • lou lou Jen**GP... 2008/06/19 06:59:50
    lou lou
    +2
    He definately believes in ghosts but I dnt know about jins. what are jins?
  • Jen**GP... lou lou 2008/06/19 15:35:48
    Jen**GPAC**
    +2
    They are actually in the Quaran.. it says that God created men and jins.. they live in a separate dimension.. and they can go back and forth between ours and theirs..they might be the reason behind all the ghost stories.. and possessions.. it says.. they are capable of doing such things..
  • lou lou Jen**GP... 2008/06/19 18:20:15
    lou lou
    +2
    I asked him last night if he knew about jins and he was all surprised that I knew and kind of spooked. You should have seen his face. He tried to explain it to me, but I could not tell what it was. Is it a sort of shape shifter?
    A lot has happened in Indonesia. They faced 300 years of colonization and so much civil and political unrest. They believe that these spirits live in old places and in old trees (which the trees are beautiful yet sort of spooky)
  • Jen**GP... lou lou 2008/06/19 18:41:25
    Jen**GPAC**
    +2
    They can change shapes.. they are like us in that they have free will.. some are good some are bad..
  • lou lou Jen**GP... 2008/06/19 18:58:44
    lou lou
    +2
    He said that some of them will grant you wishes, but then you owe them a debt and that might be something terrible.
    It is hard to know what to believe there because a lot of people are so afraid that they spook themselves out. They have these T.V shows where they put these people in scarey places alone and then all the crew leaves. You will see all these shawdows and all of it is trickery. They are so funny. People are quite impressionable there too. I have some funny ghost stories I will have to try to remember some.
  • lou lou lou lou 2008/06/19 19:18:26
    lou lou
    +2
    oh yes the story of the guy who peed in the woods. My husband believes this one and he gets mad when I laugh. So this guy is with his friends in the woods and he pees without asking permission to the spirits and so then he feels a sharp pain in his tallywaker. I asked if he had kidney stones? That of course was not funny. I am so not serious about all the stories and question them and laugh. I mean I believe what I experience there, but the stories are a little out of hand.
    Once we were going to this beach and the history of this place is that there is a green queen that resides in the ocean. She was a living queen at one time and loved the color green and always wore it. You cannot wear it at this beach or she will pull you in the water. My father in law told me with tears in his eyes the night before we left. (I happened to be wearing green pants) he said, "if you love your husband, if you love me you will not wear green. I know you dont believe this but it is true". The next morning before we left he was wearing a little green aligator on his shirt and I said, you better get that off. He excused himself from the table immediately appologizing all over the place. aww this story is making me miss him.
    So we go to this beach and it is so desolate and ugly. and it is true the w...
    So we go to this beach and it is so desolate and ugly. and it is true the water is so strong there I could not wade in it and it was a bit weird. I was kind of afraid. Seemed angry. There was a little cave where a person lives in constant solitude and prayer. I asked who feeds him and he relys on anyone who happens to walk up and leave food for him. I thought that was pretty cool. There was also a beautiful abandoned hotel on the cliffs. His parents were shocked at how destitude the place was and how it had changed it was once popular.
  • Jen**GP... lou lou 2008/06/19 19:28:41
    Jen**GPAC**
    +1
    cool story about the ocean.. and the tallywanker..lol..great term..
  • lou lou Jen**GP... 2008/06/19 19:40:00
    lou lou
    +2
    I have a lot of cool pictures of that place. No haunts in the photos though. The sky was spectacular. cool pictures haunts photos sky spectacular
    Is that a haunt or big phat one
  • Jen**GP... lou lou 2008/06/19 20:07:28
    Jen**GPAC**
    +2
    LOL.. wooow.. that would last me for about.. aaa.. week?
    lol wooow aaa week
  • lou lou Jen**GP... 2008/06/19 20:15:39
    lou lou
    +2
    hahahaha a week? you old iron lung you
  • Jen**GP... lou lou 2008/06/19 19:26:12
    Jen**GPAC**
    +2
    Supposedly.. jins are what the term genies come from..
    supposedly jins term genies
  • lou lou Jen**GP... 2008/06/19 19:30:37
    lou lou
    +2
    awwww makes sense with his describtion. Except the genie is a G rated version
  • Jen**GP... lou lou 2008/06/19 19:35:24
    Jen**GPAC**
    +2
    Yeah.. I think so.. lol
  • The Great Simonski 2008/06/17 21:47:52 (edited)
    The Great Simonski
    +4
    This is a story that's told fairly regularly in my family...

When my cousin was a baby his cot used to sit in the room across the hall from his parents so they could see right across to make sure he was alright.

Some nights my aunt would be falling asleep and she'd notice a shadowy figure above his cot, they thought nothing of it, 'family legend' holds that the spectre was just watching over him while he slept.

Eventually, the time came for them to move house, and in the final night in the cottage they left a glass of brandy on the mantelpiece and told the room that they were "going now". The next morning the whole living room was trashed, stuff was thrown all over the floor, the place was a mess.

After doing some research my uncle found out that the cottage used to be owned by an old lady who made and sold sweets to local children sometime in the early 18th century.

I'm not sure whether I believe in ghosts, but going by how often the story is told there must be a grain of truth in it somewhere.
  • Jen**GP... The Gre... 2008/06/18 15:35:17
    Jen**GPAC**
    +2
    WOW!!.. that's just crazy...maybe the old gal wasn't a happy drunk..
    wow crazy gal happy drunk
  • lou lou Jen**GP... 2008/06/19 19:20:45
    lou lou
    +2
    hahahah she was pissed. "I cant believe after all these years I hate brandy, it is vodka I love, you dont even know me"
  • Jen**GP... lou lou 2008/06/19 19:29:04
    Jen**GPAC**
    +2
    sounds like me when I am PMSing..
  • lou lou Jen**GP... 2008/06/19 19:34:55
  • Jen**GP... lou lou 2008/06/19 19:38:27
    Jen**GPAC**
    +3
    LOL.. you need to ship that book to my husband asap..
  • lou lou Jen**GP... 2008/06/19 19:42:30
    lou lou
    +2
    hahaha you and I both. He now says nicely "you are just being sensitive" I dont know why him saying this pisses me off more.
    "sensitive? oh yeah!"
  • Jen**GP... lou lou 2008/06/19 19:51:59
    Jen**GPAC**
    +2
    My hubby and I don't beat around the bush... we're like,"My .. you're being B&*^hy today."...
  • lou lou Jen**GP... 2008/06/19 20:04:14
    lou lou
    +2
    I think cut and dry is the best way to be. It blows over and then you move on to other things.
    He used to think that we argued a lot, which I dont think we do, but he used to always compare our relationship to his folks. It drove me crazy. It is much different now, the begining was a big big hump we had to go over.
  • Jen**GP... lou lou 2008/06/19 20:11:03
    Jen**GPAC**
    +2
    Yeah.. isn't that marriage.. my hubby is starting to figure out.. of course after I said so til I was blue in the face.. that maybe it wasn't fair of him to have that close female friend I told you about.. I told him to cool it off.. and don't mention her or let me know that she even exists.. and he agreed..
  • lou lou Jen**GP... 2008/06/19 20:21:00
    lou lou
    +2
    hmmm I would like to think I keep him in check, but Iknow he does a lot of innocent flirting at work. Once I came into his work (restraunt/bar) and this cute drunk girl came in to get her ID. I guess she left it there with her open tab and she looked over at him and said all cutsey wootsy, hey you going after to have a drink and he was all uncomfortable he quickly pointed at me and said, do you know my wife. I told him good save good save. It is just that kind of environment, but if he ever talked intimately with one of them I would seriously grab his balls and twist them in directions they never went.
  • Jen**GP... lou lou 2008/06/20 19:01:30
    Jen**GPAC**
    +2
    LOL.. yeah.. I am twisting my husband's figuratively.. the power of words.. you know..
  • lou lou Jen**GP... 2008/06/21 06:59:22
    lou lou
    +1
    so he will re member. hahaha
  • ElectricLadybug*SH07* 2008/06/17 03:25:56
    ElectricLadybug*SH07*
    +5
    A police officer in San Antonio was sitting in his patrol car, off on a county road, working on paperwork. It was about 2:45 am. He was parked on the side of the road, kind of by the train tracks. He looked up briefly cause he thought he saw something moving by the train tracks. He didnt see anything, so he looked back down at his paperwork. Not 5 minutes later, there was a knock on his window. He slowly turned to look, and there was a man standing there covered in blood with no arms standing there! He looked closer at the man, to see the mans forearms had been ripped off, and his bone was sticking out and all the tendons dangled there like spaghetti!! So, the officer threw his car in drive and took off!! Freaked him out!! He stopped a few feet away, and told himself he has to go help the person. So, he went in reverse and found the man sitting on the side of the road. Come to find out, the man was an illegal alien, and was there with his friend from Mexico. They had tried to jump off the train, but when he stepped to the edge of the boxcar, he lost his balance, and fell out of the train. He fell feet first out off the train, which caused his arms to fly back and hit the edge of the boxcar. That ripped off his forearms. The officer called for an ambulance, and the illegals were taken to the hospital for treatment. Yeah..thats freaky!
  • Jen**GP... Electri... 2008/06/17 14:31:20
    Jen**GPAC**
    +3
    OH man.. that remind me of a couple of experience my husband and I had while living in this dark little neighborhood by the tracks.
  • Electri... Jen**GP... 2008/06/17 15:42:29
    ElectricLadybug*SH07*
    +3
    yeah i've learned that some really odd, creppy, freaky, weird things happen to people that live right by train tracks! lol
  • Angel 2008/06/17 02:13:56
    Angel
    +5
    my brother was really sick., it was thundering and lightening, some preachers were in his room praying, we had 5 locks on our back door they were all engaged to lock the door, the room lite up bright and that door with all the locks on it just blew open and slammed against the wall, it was the scariest thing , I was shaking......then it got all quite and calm and it was over.....
  • Jen**GP... Angel 2008/06/17 14:32:00
    Jen**GPAC**
    +3
    Oh mannnn.. sounds like something from the Exorcist.
  • Angel Jen**GP... 2008/06/17 17:34:41
    Angel
    +3
    lol it does doesnt it
  • hannahkins 2008/06/16 23:52:55 (edited)
    hannahkins
    +3
    well wen i was about 9 years old my sister got a free balloon from krogers. she drew an ugly face on it and we took it home. well that nite we were watchin a movie and the bballoon was wit us. suddenly it went 2 our rocking chair sat and tured its face 2 the t.v. we totally freaeked out. my sis decided 2 let it go. we took it outside and let go of it. it curved as if 2 sit on our front porch. We went back inside and stabbed it wit a knife. it still didnt pop. finally after stabbing it ten times it popped like angry burst. i willl never get a balloon from krogers again.
  • ~Lissy~ hannahkins 2008/06/17 14:00:01
    ~Lissy~
    +2
    another reason to avoid kroger. lol
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2008/06/16 23:15:08
  • MyOhMy 2008/06/16 22:56:52
    MyOhMy
    +5
    I love wierd stories. And thank you jen for all the creepy poll.
    I had a creepy experience happen to me about 6 years. I was living with my father at the time, and the room I was staying in was by itself on the opposite side of the house than the other rooms.
    We've allways joked that there is a ghost named george that lives there, but I really I don't believe in them.
    I was sleeping in bed when I suddenly awoke. I just open my eyes without moving, and I notice a boy standing about 3 feet from the head of the bed. I notice that he is slightly seethrough, because I can see the standing fan behind him. I watched him for a few seconds staring back at me, and I decided the best thing todo is just close my eyes and forget about it. I don't believe in ghosts, so I'm convinced at that point that it was just a dream and I never woke up in the first place.
    I fell back to sleep and was dream about my beach vacation when I felt someone in my bed with me. A hand grabbed my throat and with a horrible low voice he says, "Don't move." Of course I'm automatically come out of my dream and whip my head back to see who is there. Noone was there. I'm pretty freaked out at this point, so I turn on a lamp and decide to sit up for a few minutes before going back to sleep.
    So ghost or lucid dream???

2014/11/22 09:05:42