Whitney Houston's 'Sparkle' Trailer Is Released: Will More People Watch Because of the Singer's Death?

The Big Question 2012/04/02 20:51:34

• Z-Wolf 2012/04/03 00:30:10 (edited)
    Z-Wolf
    +3
    No, more people won't watch a movie just because it stars a drugged, attention whore, washed up singer.

whisper

Oh, she's dead. I'll take two tickets.

• Charmaine 2012/08/15 07:38:28
    Charmaine
    I don't want to see it.
  • geneticmistake 2012/05/02 14:07:21
    geneticmistake
    +1
    I'm relatively sure more people will go for that reason. Since I wouldn't have gone if she was going to personally be at the theater I won't be one of them.
  • Charmaine genetic... 2012/08/15 07:39:10
    Charmaine
    Me either.
  • baxter 2012/05/02 12:17:52
    baxter
    i think thay will she was a good singer and actor and played her parts good
  • Jules 2012/04/03 21:29:08
    Jules
    I think that part of the reason is now that people will go to honor Whitney now that she's dead, but also because they might also want to see if she could have made a comeback off of this movie if she had not died. It's a little sad in a way that more people will go to see it now, just because she is dead.
  • Max7 2012/04/03 19:56:34
    Max7
    I think that even if she were alive, just because she's Whitney the support to see this movie would have drawn a lot of people. Whitney was talented, spunky and strong willed, and I do also think that her death will cause many to go out and support this movie.
  • Tigger Too 2012/04/03 11:21:31
    Tigger Too
    Anytime a celebrity releases something posthumously -- whether it be a movie, album, etc. -- people seem to be more interested in it. Since "Sparkle" will be released after Whitney Houston's death, then her fans will be likely to go see the movie. [Somehow, I can't get out of my head Mariah Carey's stinker of a movie, "Glitter," when I hear the name "Sparkle."] I for one won't be going to see Houston's movie. I hated "Waiting To Exhale" and "The Bodyguard," so "Sparkle" won't be on my list of films to see. And even though I know it's sacrilege to Houston's many fans, I absolutely DETESTED her version of the song, "I Will Always Love You." Puke.
  • Anonymous Coward218 2012/04/03 04:07:29
    Anonymous Coward218
    Of course! But I won't be one of them!
  • Brandi Angela 2012/04/03 03:55:05
    Brandi Angela
    +1
    More people will see it because she is dead. Will I see it? No. Was I planning on seeing it? No.
  • Lana 2012/04/03 03:11:46
    Lana
    That usually sparks a huge interest in artist's after their death. So if things follow the given trend, probably will increase viewer interest.
  • Ejayt7 2012/04/03 02:56:42
    Ejayt7
    I still cannot believe she's gone!
  • Trish 2012/04/03 02:36:48 (edited)
    Trish
    +1
    Funny how your dead how people start listening

RIP Whitney.
  • Feria~THEZombieSlayingB!tch... 2012/04/03 02:16:30
    Feria~THEZombieSlayingB!tch of PHAET!~Badass Incarnate~
    +2
    Now that she passed away, EVERYONE 'suddenly' cares for her. Funny how that happens when a celebrity dies.
  • Shady 2012/04/03 00:40:17
    Shady
    +1
    I actually think it would have been a hit regardless.
  • Allie 2012/04/03 00:33:52
    Allie
    +1
    prolly however i know i def wont be
  • Z-Wolf 2012/04/03 00:30:10 (edited)
    Z-Wolf
    +3

whisper

Oh, she's dead. I'll take two tickets.
  • Shady Z-Wolf 2012/04/03 00:45:58
    Shady
    +3
    Why do you downgrade her like that, she had a drug problem, she is not the only celebrity that died of such, would you consider Elvis a bastard punk bitch, the oxy man, what about the jackass that died druck speeding, I respect these people all of them, if you didnt like her, still respect her as the person she was. For all that matter, I didnt like Dana Plato, but I will never disrespect her character, you people in the united states are mean, hateful people.
  • Feria~T... Shady 2012/04/03 02:18:13
    +1
    You're ragging on her for saying that about her, yet you do the same thing about all Americans? Hm...
  • Shady Feria~T... 2012/04/03 23:34:39
    Shady
    If the shoe fits......
  • Feria~T... Shady 2012/04/04 03:58:10
    But it doesn't for all of them, but you assume it does. I could assume something about where you're from, making a generalization about everyone when really, it wouldn't apply to them all. Do you see what I'm saying?

I get that a lot of Americans are that way, but not all are.
  • Shady Feria~T... 2012/04/06 15:51:38 (edited)
    Shady
    Did i say all of them was, BUT if it applies to you then well be it. If it doesn't why are you going on amd on. So just please shhhhhhhhh. And another thing, yes hun there are hateful folk here as well. I dont discriminate
  • Feria~T... Shady 2012/04/06 18:12:22
    Because it's offensive, possibly? If I did the same about your country, people would be jumping my ass and saying the exact things I'm saying.
  • Shady Feria~T... 2012/04/07 00:41:28
    Shady
    If you said it about my country , if it was true, I would give less than a damn. You can say whatever you want, and how you feel is how you feel. It's aiight wit mi, do you understand or do you.
  • Z-Wolf Shady 2012/04/03 02:30:22
    Z-Wolf
    +2
    I downgrade her like that because she was a terrible person. It's not about me not liking her.She is not the only celebrity who died of such. But she is one of the few, that let the drugs control her until she was terrible. The person she was, was an angry helpless monster. That was who she was. I'm honest, and I won't stand by and honor someone for being the great person that they weren't. Your an idiot for even suggesting it.
  • Trish Z-Wolf 2012/04/03 02:37:45
    Trish
    +1
    Thats really mean. Now I know what to say about you when you die.
  • Z-Wolf Trish 2012/04/04 18:48:40
    Z-Wolf
    +1
    Go ahead. But I'm sure none of it will make sense unless I do anything like this. Which I wouldn't dare.
  • Michell... Z-Wolf 2012/04/03 20:48:10
    Michelle Pfeiff
    +2
    Did you know Whitney Houston personally? If not, you can't say she was a "terrible person" or an "angry helpless monster". You only know the ugly side the media presented to you not her heart. She had a drug addiction. That is not WHO she is. You must not have ever known someone close to you that had an addiction problem because if you did you wouldn't be so hateful. My dad was an alcoholic. He was a very caring man when he was sober. When he was drunk, he was either sickeningly affectionate or mean as hell. But, that wasn't my dad. That was the alcohol....the addiction.

As for "honor[ing] someone for being the great person that they weren't", I don't think people are trying to glorify her for being a saint or anything, just admitting the woman had talent.
  • Z-Wolf Michell... 2012/04/04 18:58:36
  • Shady Michell... 2012/04/07 00:43:30
    Shady
    Thank you so much, that is my point exactly.
  • Shady Z-Wolf 2012/04/03 23:45:35
    Shady
    drugs are not the same with everyone, same as for alcohol, I have seen some drink until wasted and are humble as little bunnies, and again some like raving wolves, so each person handles it differently, And if you think I am an idiot try and try again, but I also haven't to understand that drugs and alcohol is a sickness, and I am not just saying it because it is her, I would say it if it was anyone else as well. It is a hard habit to break, I have never tried any of it so therefore, never had to try to kick the habit, but you know this why you are downgrading, guess what you have faults and someone is doing the same for you, and while you are pointing one finger, you got three pointing back at you. Peace Out!
  • Z-Wolf Shady 2012/04/04 19:06:07
    Z-Wolf
    +1
    Exactly, and drugs and alcohol are proven to just lower peoples inhibitions. So whatever person they become when under the influence, they are in life, they just don't show it to you. It is not a sickness, yes its a problem. But not a sickness. Weak willed people are the ones who can't quit. And those that find solace in it. That also, isn't really there fault. But their environment's fault. If they would rather live in a warped world inside their mind than in the real world, then they have to change their surroundings before they can quit. I knew someone with an addiction. But it ended easily. We removed the stress that forced him to want to escape, and we moved. Then we came back piece by piece to get him to overcome those problems, without having to jump all in. Lets just say he's clean, and we moved back. Technically we never moved. Just lived in another place for a while, but left our stuff.
  • Michell... Z-Wolf 2012/04/05 00:57:30
    Michelle Pfeiff
    I think you need to read up about addiction. It isn't about being "weak willed". And as for the whole "it just lowers peoples inhibitions" but they "are that person" EVERYONE has the capability of being an ass, being angry, or whatever. But, we choose to not be that person. So, I don't see that angry ass as being who the person is.
  • Z-Wolf Michell... 2012/04/07 03:11:30
    Z-Wolf
    +1
    Drugs and alcohol do lower people's inhibitions. And yes, people do show their nasty sides when they aren't being constricted by social boundaries. Which is normally when they're wasted. Honestly, there is a monster in almost everyone. And you control it. You do choose not to be that person. But that doesn't make you any less that person. It just makes you the other side of them. And when you lose your reason, or drop your boundaries and rules, like when you drink and do drugs. You will most likely become that person. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's just how it is.
  • Michell... Z-Wolf 2012/04/11 01:28:43
    Michelle Pfeiff
    It is your choice to view it that way. Seems like you choose the pessimistic side of things while I choose to look at the optimistic side of things. I choose to look for and believe in the good in people rather than their faults. I don't feel our faults define us.
  • Z-Wolf Michell... 2012/04/15 04:57:34
    Z-Wolf
    How is that pessimistic? You are who you are. If you choose to control and be a good person then okay. If not still okay. You are both.
  • Shady Z-Wolf 2012/04/06 15:58:24
    Shady
    If you say. Dueces!
  • Z-Wolf Shady 2012/04/07 03:06:38
    Z-Wolf
    Peace
  • Shady Z-Wolf 2012/04/09 00:55:44
    Shady
    Out
  • Z-Wolf Shady 2012/04/15 04:59:00
  • Shady Z-Wolf 2012/04/19 00:46:10
    Shady
    Kiities mi fi love mi dem. Was dat to be insulting, well you messed up. No badderation man, yuh nah badda mi. do you understand or you overstand eey! Have fi gud day and kisses.

2014/04/16 23:30:25